Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 07:22:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Gavin Baldwin in DFP interview Thursday 17th  (Read 8125 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Gavin Baldwin in DFP interview Thursday 17th
« Reply #60 on October 19, 2019, 11:10:22 am by steve@dcfd »
Vaya I did say some money the amount as you say could be anything.
But we were also told that money was still available after last summer but GM didn’t want to spend it.
We achieved top six by hard work from the manager and players and money was available to achieve that. I’m not saying we didn’t have a top six budget but it may not have been enough for our requirements on and off the field.

Has I said we offered JM a contract with in this season budget he decided to leave therefore his wages with in that budget were still available and on top of that the first instalment of the transfer fee. So we appear to have used some of that money to sign, loan players. Again we have been told the budget is 6/8 th in the league how it’s spent is down to the club. I’m not trying to piece together any thing just stating what we have been told and the clubs aim is still top six.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 19, 2019, 11:17:20 am by vaya »
Vaya I did say some money the amount as you say could be anything.
But we were also told that money was still available after last summer but GM didn’t want to spend it.
We achieved top six by hard work from the manager and players and money was available to achieve that. I’m not saying we didn’t have a top six budget but it may not have been enough for our requirements on and off the field.

Has I said we offered JM a contract with in this season budget he decided to leave therefore his wages with in that budget were still available and on top of that the first instalment of the transfer fee. So we appear to have used some of that money to sign, loan players. Again we have been told the budget is 6/8 th in the league how it’s spent is down to the club. I’m not trying to piece together any thing just stating what we have been told and the clubs aim is still top six.

Fair enough Steve, but some of the money that would/will have been committed to Marquis' wages will possibly have gone into the overall wage bill. This would presumably in turn have gone towards loan players (on the assumption we're paying towards their loans/wages) but also towards the wages of our new transfers, and the (potential higher year on year) wages of our existing players.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 19, 2019, 11:21:49 am by IDM »
I see no reason to disbelieve what GB has said via the DFP.  That means DM is patient but also hints at January signings, as well as contract extensions being sorted..

Looks positive enough to me.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012