Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 16, 2024, 05:35:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: ITEN Big Feature - Moore's Steps to Success  (Read 830 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
ITEN Big Feature - Moore's Steps to Success
« on October 16, 2019, 05:17:29 pm by RoversAlias »
Hi folks,

I've written a piece looking in-depth at the steps needed for Darren Moore and the club to achieve the success we're all hoping for, both in terms of this season and beyond. This feature includes a look at the key players currently at the club, how the board can back the manager as well as his propensity for pushing young players, plus a few other things. You can check it out at the link below:

https://www.intotheemptynet.com/post/road-to-glory-moore-s-steps-to-rovers-success

Many thanks for reading as always, do let me know your thoughts on the things discussed in the article. Are we well equipped for success at this time, or are we a few steps away despite last season's great run?

:scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: ITEN Big Feature - Moore's Steps to Success
« Reply #1 on October 16, 2019, 06:02:13 pm by NickDRFC »
A good piece, well written as always, but I disagree with your first point. I don’t honk Moore has shown anything other than a plan to play Ennis or Sterling up front (apart from the first two games when they’d only just arrived). His hand has subsequently been forced by their injuries so I think calling on him to show faith in youth doesn’t really make sense.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: ITEN Big Feature - Moore's Steps to Success
« Reply #2 on October 16, 2019, 09:11:35 pm by RoversAlias »
Fair point that Nick although I suppose what I really meant by it, without stressing the reasons for the point too clearly, were that the arrival of Kwame Thomas and a clear desire to get a more experienced striker in in January (rightly so) shouldn't detract from the youth movement that is ongoing at the club. I just think that, as he's proven already with Ennis and Sterling, and to some degree Sheaf too, Darren has a good eye for young players and so should keep leaning on that expertise to help optimise the squad, even if we add more experience down the line.

And in the meantime, we should as a club and fanbase get behind the youth movement and trust in it because, when handled by the right coach as I believe Darren is for this, creating a successful squad with a lot of young players can be done and can be rewarding.

Very much appreciate the comments and the chance to elaborate on that first point, as it was probably the least developed of the four in the article.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012