Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 10:56:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: NHS  (Read 41715 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: NHS
« Reply #360 on December 08, 2019, 04:55:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What about the lefty Yorkshire Post reporting this propaganda?

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/news/people/it-was-chaos-shocking-photo-shows-leeds-four-year-old-suspected-pneumonia-forced-sleep-floor-lgi-due-lack-beds-1334909

That's what happens when you systematically underfund the NHS for a decade.

World's 5th or 6th richest country. And this is the f**king shambles these bas**rds have turned the NHS into, through deliberate policy decisions.

And some of you lot in here are going to celebrate if they win on Thursday.

THIS is what it's about. It's not about scoring points on an internet forum. It's about whether in your heart, you really care about this.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:45:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #361 on December 08, 2019, 05:54:37 pm by Sprotyrover »
Sproty,

If you click on the "about" button in the bottom right hand corner, it explains how the calculation is done, and the data sources used.

I hope that helps!
cheers Albie, all I got was a formula not the working out, needless to say these figure will be out of date by that date due the fact that if Labour gets in! We will be in the hands if the IMF regulators, and the population will have grown by Ten Million.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #362 on December 08, 2019, 06:20:11 pm by drfchound »

https://mobile.twitter.com/RCorbettMEP/status/1203289732672819201

World's 5th or 6th richest country. And this is the f**king shambles these bas**rds have turned the NHS into, through deliberate policy decisions.

THIS is what it's about. It's not about scoring points on an internet forum. It's about whether in your heart, you really care about this.

BST, who are these people on here who will be celebrating if the Tories win the GE.
Just curious who you think they are.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #363 on December 08, 2019, 06:43:30 pm by Sprotyrover »
I will be Does it make me a bad person?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #364 on December 08, 2019, 06:54:10 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not pointing the finger at you Hound. But there's several on here. They know who they are.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #365 on December 08, 2019, 06:57:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Am I one?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #366 on December 08, 2019, 08:14:17 pm by Sprotyrover »
I'm not pointing the finger at you Hound. But there's several on here. They know who they are.
Zo ve are going in billie der graphs little black book... hmmmmm!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #367 on December 08, 2019, 08:15:00 pm by Ldr »
I have my own chapter.....

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #368 on December 08, 2019, 09:06:11 pm by wilts rover »
You can quite easily tell who they are.

They are the ones who will be voting for a party that has put 4 million children in poverty, created the worst ever A&E waiting times, left kids sleeping on hospital floors, 4000 schools in need of urgent repair, 1.5 million people using foodbanks and doubled the National Debt. They have a certain style of posting.

Are they bad people? I guess that depends on whether or not you think that a party that created all that misery is one worth voting for - I doubt history will be kind.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #369 on December 08, 2019, 09:08:50 pm by drfchound »

They are the ones who will be voting for a party that has put 4 million children in poverty, created the worst ever A&E waiting times, left kids sleeping on hospital floors, 4000 schools in need of urgent repair, 1.5 million people using foodbanks and doubled the National Debt. They have a certain style of posting.

Are they bad people? I guess that depends on whether or not you think that a party that created all that misery is one worth voting for - I doubt history will be kind.

So come on then wilts, name names.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on December 08, 2019, 09:20:19 pm by wilts rover »

Nope sorry hound I won't do that - you can make up your own mind and name and shame people if you want to but it is not up to me to do it for you.

I will argue with any poster if I disagree with anything they have written on here (and you and I have had quite a few back and forths all of which have been civil as I recall) and on politics and policies in general. But I am not up for personal attacks for the sake of it.

Vote for who you want. Justify it how you will. But know what you are voting for.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #371 on December 08, 2019, 09:33:47 pm by SydneyRover »
Alexa, I have been playing tennis with some nice people from russia and then we had a few drinks, after I woke up my arse was really sore can you help me.

Sorry, no one can help you there's a 6 week waiting list to see a doctor and there are no beds.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 09:36:00 pm by SydneyRover »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #372 on December 08, 2019, 09:37:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Try talking out of your mouth until your arse gets better.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #373 on December 08, 2019, 09:47:17 pm by Not Now Kato »
Try talking out of your mouth until your arse gets better.

Pot, kettle, black BB

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #374 on December 08, 2019, 09:57:19 pm by drfchound »

Nope sorry hound I won't do that - you can make up your own mind and name and shame people if you want to but it is not up to me to do it for you.

I will argue with any poster if I disagree with anything they have written on here (and you and I have had quite a few back and forths all of which have been civil as I recall) and on politics and policies in general. But I am not up for personal attacks for the sake of it.

Vote for who you want. Justify it how you will. But know what you are voting for.

Wilts, I don’t have any opinions on who is a Tory voter on here.
To be honest, I don’t really care who people vote for, as you suggest, it is their choice.
Not everyone agrees do they.
I have cast my vote so the deed is done.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #375 on December 08, 2019, 10:07:07 pm by scawsby steve »

The celebration won't be about politics BST, that's not even worth celebrating about. It will be about democracy. Just like the dangerous precedent set by the Bolton fiasco, when a referendum or election result is overturned by politicians who don't agree with it, then you're on a very dangerous road that can lead to a complete breakdown in democracy and trust in politicians.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #376 on December 08, 2019, 10:13:06 pm by Ldr »

The celebration won't be about politics BST, that's not even worth celebrating about. It will be about democracy. Just like the dangerous precedent set by the Bolton fiasco, when a referendum or election result is overturned by politicians who don't agree with it, then you're on a very dangerous road that can lead to a complete breakdown in democracy and trust in politicians.

Nail on the head

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #377 on December 08, 2019, 11:22:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS.

I admire your belief. Genuinely.

I just think you've been played by THE most venal and amoral UK politician of recent history. Hear me out.

I've said all along that the basic error in the logic of saying the 2016 vote was decisive is that there was no such single thing as "Leave". A whole heap of different ideas of what "Leave" meant were shovelled up into one option on the ballot slip. So no-one knew what "Leave" meant. What the endgame would be.

As a result, interpretation of what "Leave" meant has been entirely determined by the Tory party.

Had it been clear what "Leave" meant when folk voted for it in 2016, Johnson wouldn't have ostentatiously flounced out of Cabinet in 2018 saying he didn't agree with May's Deal, nor would he have voted it down twice.

Get that. Johnson voted down the opportunity to Leave in the winter. Brexit could have got done back then. But he voted it down.

He did it for one reason. Just as he decided to support Leave over Remain for one reason. The same reason he's done everything in his career. To further his own ambition.

You regularly berate politicians for their untrustworthiness. You're about to celebrate THE most untrustworthy, lying cheat to ascend our politics since the War being rewarded by 5 years in power.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 12:43:24 am by BillyStubbsTears »

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #378 on December 09, 2019, 01:43:34 am by albie »
For those interested in the topic, a piece in Tribune about how the run down of the NHS has taken place;
https://tribunemag.co.uk/2019/12/the-nhs-isnt-failing-its-being-failed

Course, if folk just want to score points off each other, then it won't be of interest.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #379 on December 09, 2019, 12:14:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
PS

SS.

Here's proof that not everyone who supported Leave in 2016 supported ANY form of Leave.
https://uup.org/assets/images/uup%20ge%20manifesto%20twentynineteen.pdf

The Ulster Unionists were passionate Leave supporters in 2016.

Look what they say in their manifesto.

"If the only choice is between accepting Boris Johnson's deal or Remain, we have to choose Remain."

And THAT is the point I've been trying to make for 3 years. The 2016 vote is valid if and only if EVERY Leave voter would have preferred ANY form of Leave over Remain. You DO see the logic of that?

The DUP hasn't said this as explicitly, but it's clear they would also prefer Remain to any Leave deal that put a border between GB and NI (as Johnson's deal does). The DUP would NEVER accept any deal that weakened the bond between NI and GB.

Here's a slightly daft thought but it emphasises what the Ulster Unionists think. Would YOU have voted Leave if it turned out that the deal we negotiated included 1000 first born children being sent to Strasbourg to be sacrificed in front of Jean-Claude Juncker? Of course you wouldn't, because that would be utterly outrageous. And it's a stupid example because,of course that was never going to happen. But the Ulster Unionists never believed a border in the Irish Sea would happen when they enthusiastically supported Leave, either. And to them, the deal  that we now have is stupid and outrageous.

Something like 400,000 people are UUP and DUP supporters. There is no way on God's earth they would have voted Leave in 2016 if they knew that was going to result in Johnson's deal. If they had voted Remain instead of Leave, that immediately more than halves the 2016 majority.

Then you have those on the far left who supported Leave but are horrified by the way that's been interpreted. Do you think THEY would have voted Leave if they'd realised it was going to be a Hard Right Leave?

Then there's Farage. Everyone would agree that May's deal would have put us outside the EU. But Farage said that May's deal wouldn't be leaving at all! He said he'd rather have supported Remain than accept May's deal!

You see my point? There was no clarity about what Leave meant in 2016. The argument that the Leave vote was categorical and unquestionable is just wrong. The ONLY way to have a truly democratic choice with a binary, A or B vote is for both A and B to be absolutely clear and unequivocal. What's actually happened is that your Leave vote in 2016 has been used as a weapon by right wing politicians, determined to argue that THEY and they alone knew what you were thinking when you voted Leave.

« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 01:35:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #380 on December 09, 2019, 12:18:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Or. To put it another way.

What right do YOU have to insist that we have Johnson's deal, when the groups of people I listed up above voted Leave without believing it would be THIS sort of Leave?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #381 on December 09, 2019, 12:27:49 pm by DonnyOsmond »
BFYP, Filo and Sproty all voted to leave in 2016. Only one sounds like he wanted to leave without a deal at that moment. Like what's been said not everyone voted for the same one thing.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #382 on December 09, 2019, 12:45:30 pm by Donnywolf »
I think nearly everyone that voted "Leave" just wanted that same one thing

I voted Remain and will openly defend that position - but I have read and heard all the Leavers insisting they Voted to Leave and they understood what they were voting for (to Leave) even though they had only the information that was given up to the minute that their Vote was registered

Whatever happens from here it will be interesting (if that is the right word) to see which of the two groups were proved to be right - though it might take 10 years maybe even more to be settled either way

One thing is it will be featured in every Election for decades.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #383 on December 09, 2019, 01:15:16 pm by Sprotyrover »
I didn’t vote 👍
I will vote leave if there is another referendum the remain contingent
On here have made my mind up for me !
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 05:56:52 pm by Sprotyrover »

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #384 on December 09, 2019, 07:03:50 pm by Sprotyrover »
The current population of the UK is 67 million the population in 2000 was 58 million, the birth rate per 1000 has decline from 12 to 11 children barely 2 per family. Where have the 9 million come from, has there been any planning and investment in services and the infrastructure to cope with this rise since 2000 ?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #385 on December 09, 2019, 07:08:02 pm by wilts rover »
Well they can't be migrants? David Cameron was bringing migration down to the 10's of thousands per year wasn't he?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #386 on December 09, 2019, 07:35:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sproty.

The investment is PRECISELY the thing.

The increase in population is mainly of prime working age people. Precisely the people who do NOT put a burden on public services. But the Tories have overseen a decade of stagnant NHS funding. And THAT is why it's in crisis.

They want you to think it's the fault of them bas**rd migrants. It's not. It's the fault of the bas**rds in charge.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #387 on December 09, 2019, 10:01:38 pm by Sprotyrover »
Sproty.

The investment is PRECISELY the thing.

The increase in population is mainly of prime working age people. Precisely the people who do NOT put a burden on public services. But the Tories have overseen a decade of stagnant NHS funding. And THAT is why it's in crisis.

They want you to think it's the fault of them bas**rd migrants. It's not. It's the fault of the bas**rds in charge.
Who was in power from 1997 to 2010 Billy?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #388 on December 09, 2019, 10:10:06 pm by Sprotyrover »
Been in A&E for three hours couldn’t crew a Pirate ship with tonight’s offering, actually quite a few people look ill for a change

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #389 on December 09, 2019, 10:10:14 pm by DonnyOsmond »
The current population of the UK is 67 million the population in 2000 was 58 million, the birth rate per 1000 has decline from 12 to 11 children barely 2 per family. Where have the 9 million come from, has there been any planning and investment in services and the infrastructure to cope with this rise since 2000 ?

We are living an average 3/4 years longer than the year 2000. It has unfortunately stopped growing in the last few years though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012