Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 02:15:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

GE 2019

Conservatives
21 (24.7%)
Labour
36 (42.4%)
Lib Dems
4 (4.7%)
Brexit Party
12 (14.1%)
UKIP
1 (1.2%)
Green
7 (8.2%)
Other
4 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 85

Author Topic: General Election 2019 - 12th December  (Read 74372 times)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
Re: General Election 2019 - 12th December
« Reply #120 on October 31, 2019, 05:29:46 pm by scawsby steve »
Maybe labour and the Lib Dem’s could merge prob be best idea bst?

Corbyn has said today that Labour won't enter into coalition with anyone. If they get the most votes in a hung parliament, they will try and govern with a minority government.

Doesn't sound too good for them does it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #121 on October 31, 2019, 05:35:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/LBC/status/1189951955931684864

This should guarantee a spike in Labour support.

Mind, who's kidnapped the real Nigel Farage? Remember him? That one who ranted about how Obama shouldn't get involved in British votes back in 2016?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on October 31, 2019, 06:05:40 pm by scawsby steve »

Mind, who's kidnapped the real Nigel Farage? Remember him? That one who ranted about how Obama shouldn't get involved in British votes back in 2016?

Big difference there BST. Trump isn't making threats against us.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #123 on October 31, 2019, 06:16:21 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Obama wasn't making threats. He was warning us not to believe the bullshit merchants who were telling us that we'd get preferential treatment from the USA.

That's the sort of thing that friends do.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #124 on October 31, 2019, 06:30:38 pm by Not Now Kato »
I doubt many people are against immigration. I suspect plenty are all for controlled immigration that keeps out undesirables, though.

But we always had the capability of controlled immigration BB, it's just that successive Home Secretaries decided not to implement it!  Oh, and do undesirables wear a badge?  Or do you determine that by skin colour?

Who brought skin colour into this thread apart from you? Some of you need to get off your moral high horses.

It was a simple question to BB Steve.  Looks like neither you nor him have an answer.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on October 31, 2019, 06:33:28 pm by scawsby steve »
I doubt many people are against immigration. I suspect plenty are all for controlled immigration that keeps out undesirables, though.

But we always had the capability of controlled immigration BB, it's just that successive Home Secretaries decided not to implement it!  Oh, and do undesirables wear a badge?  Or do you determine that by skin colour?

Who brought skin colour into this thread apart from you? Some of you need to get off your moral high horses.

It was a simple question to BB Steve.  Looks like neither you nor him have an answer.

Are you accusing BB and myself of being racist?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #126 on October 31, 2019, 06:39:04 pm by scawsby steve »
Obama wasn't making threats. He was warning us not to believe the bullshit merchants who were telling us that we'd get preferential treatment from the USA.

That's the sort of thing that friends do.

You seem to be struggling with semantics on this one BST. Telling a country that they'll go to the back of the queue for a trade deal if they vote to leave the EU sounds very much like a threat to me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #127 on October 31, 2019, 06:46:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
SS.
Well aye. There are a lot of statements of fact about Brexit that you Leavers seem to take offence at.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on October 31, 2019, 06:49:32 pm by Not Now Kato »

As I said, it was a simple question to BB Steve. Prey tell me where I've accused anyone of being racist.  So, tell me, how do you identify undesirables as they try to enter the country.  And while you're at it, tell me what criteria should be used to define someone as undesirable.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on October 31, 2019, 06:57:43 pm by scawsby steve »

As I said, it was a simple question to BB Steve. Prey tell me where I've accused anyone of being racist.  So, tell me, how do you identify undesirables as they try to enter the country.  And while you're at it, tell me what criteria should be used to define someone as undesirable.

I can't answer for BB, NNK, but I assume he means criminals, which is nothing to do with the colour of their skin.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on October 31, 2019, 07:17:48 pm by DonnyOsmond »

He's said he'd not give us as good as a trade deal unless we crash out. Isn't that a threat?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #131 on October 31, 2019, 07:21:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Is that what he said? I read the transcription of his ramble and it sounded like someone trying to talk about geopolitics after an 18 pint bender.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #132 on October 31, 2019, 07:22:29 pm by scawsby steve »

He's said he'd not give us as good as a trade deal unless we crash out. Isn't that a threat?

When did he say that?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #133 on October 31, 2019, 07:49:09 pm by selby »
  Gina Miller, has employed a Canadian firm to advise voters in certain constituencies how to vote  tactically for her preferred result.
 Now about those pesky Russians fixing elections? Should we put people in prison?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #134 on October 31, 2019, 07:58:09 pm by wilts rover »
  Gina Miller, has employed a Canadian firm to advise voters in certain constituencies how to vote  tactically for her preferred result.
 Now about those pesky Russians fixing elections? Should we put people in prison?

It has been discussed in a couple of posts above. Apparently the advice is to vote Lib Dem in every case - even if a seat is held by a sitting Labour remainer MP or the LD's only got 4% in 2017.

This is the report into Russian interference in the referendum. Or it would be if Johnson hadn't suppressed it. Funny that. Must have changed his mind again...

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/oct/31/boris-johnson-accused-report-russia-dominic-grieve

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #135 on October 31, 2019, 08:56:45 pm by SydneyRover »
One may come to the conclusion that in fact johnson is the red under the bed rather than corbyn  :)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #136 on October 31, 2019, 09:01:31 pm by Bentley Bullet »

We CAN currently keep out persistent criminals from other EU countries. Theresa May chose not to do so while Home Secretary, preferring to make up stories about criminals being prevented from being deported by the ECHR because they had a cat.

The idea that the EU insists we allow criminals to wander across our border is just one of the myths that gets peddled by the Leave side and repeated through ignorance.

Well, if that's the case thank goodness Theresa May's no longer in charge and Boris can fulfil his promise and get it sorted. I say Boris because surely those who support Corbyn and his right had woman Diane Abbott, who wants to make it easier for people to come here, are in the minority.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on October 31, 2019, 09:37:02 pm by SydneyRover »
Johnson fulfill a promise  :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on October 31, 2019, 09:47:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

When did he say that?

SS.

Go and listen to him. When you cut through the nursery school English, that's precisely what he said.

"We wanna do trade with the UK and they wanna do trade with us and, to be honest with you, this deal – under certain aspects of the deal – you can’t do it, you can’t do it, you can’t trade. We can’t make a trade deal with the UK. I think we can do many times the numbers we’re doing right now, and certainly much bigger numbers than you’re doing under the EU. Boris wants to be very careful with it. Under certain ways we would be precluded, which would be ridiculous."

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #139 on October 31, 2019, 09:49:57 pm by Donnywolf »
Oppo Parties ought to FINALLY get together and MEAN it

Leave SNP to sweep Scotland

Lib Dem and Labour agree to give each other a free run at the Tories instead of splitting the vote and letting them get Seats they may not have won - thus maximising non Conservative Seats

Once they win a Majority between them they first repeal Article 50 (and they have all run on a Remain manifesto in my dream scenario of course so very Democratic as everyone will know what they are votibg for and what will happen if Remain parties win)

Then they implement Proportional Representation (and anything else they have agreed to in advance)

Then at a pre arranged time they dissolve Parliament (not sure if Fixed Term still applies or whether Libs or Labour would agree to put down a Vote of no confidence in the bigger Party) and we have a real Election

SIMPLES ! (The idea not me hopefully)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:53:16 pm by Donnywolf »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on October 31, 2019, 11:24:19 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

We CAN currently keep out persistent criminals from other EU countries. Theresa May chose not to do so while Home Secretary, preferring to make up stories about criminals being prevented from being deported by the ECHR because they had a cat.

The idea that the EU insists we allow criminals to wander across our border is just one of the myths that gets peddled by the Leave side and repeated through ignorance.

Well, if that's the case thank goodness Theresa May's no longer in charge and Boris can fulfil his promise and get it sorted. I say Boris because surely those who support Corbyn and his right had woman Diane Abbott, who wants to make it easier for people to come here, are in the minority.

So, let's get this right BB.

You refuse to believe economists who have spent their careers getting predictions right, when they say that Brexit will be very bad for the economy.

But you are prepared to out your faith in a man who has built his entire career on lying through his teeth to do something positive.

Almost as if you just prefer having an argument to having a sensible grown up discussion. But I know it can't be that because you get all mardy whenever I suggest it.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #141 on October 31, 2019, 11:45:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
NO! I refuse to accept the view that there should be another referendum. It's f**k all to do with economists, and it's f**k all to do with having faith in Boris more than Jezza. If I had more faith in Jezza than Boris, heaven forbid, I'd feel just the same about Brexit. But Jezza wants to betray the referendum result, and Boris doesn't.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #142 on October 31, 2019, 11:54:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And that outburst has precisely WHAT to do with what I said in my post?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on November 01, 2019, 12:16:31 am by Glyn_Wigley »

To me it looks like it relates to that bit about him getting mardy.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on November 01, 2019, 12:17:05 am by Bentley Bullet »
The outburst is frustration from the repetitive strain of repeating myself time and time again to people who don't understand what I'm trying to portray.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #145 on November 01, 2019, 12:25:09 am by Bentley Bullet »

To me it looks like it relates to that bit about him getting mardy.

No, it's frustration, although that's not too far off the mark compared to your usual standards. Well done.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #146 on November 01, 2019, 12:52:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Well I'm glad we've identified that you don't now think it's about the economics

There'll be no reason for you to raise your regular criticisms of economic forecasts of the effect of Brexit in future. In fact, I'm left wondering why you've raised that issue so very many times, when, apparently, it's not about the economics.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #147 on November 01, 2019, 01:45:16 am by SydneyRover »
Corner + paint

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #148 on November 01, 2019, 01:54:34 am by bpoolrover »
Bst genuine question as a remainer do you feel let down by labour that all they are interested in is corbyn getting in power, for 2 years all he has wanted is a general election with nothing about a 2nd referendum or anything? You must look at the you gov polls which say they are miles behind and think is it not time to vote Lib Dem’s? That way they would make a decision and scrap article 50?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #149 on November 01, 2019, 02:01:15 am by bpoolrover »
The reason I ask is so many people obviously think labour are doing something wrong, your wanting the opposition party to tatically vote to stop the tories winning, what do you see wrong with that anything?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012