Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:13:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Young players  (Read 3230 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Young players
« on October 31, 2019, 04:53:02 pm by phil old leake »
People keep bleating on about the squad and the young players not being good enough

I keep saying we should we try more of ours Because if you’re good enough you’re old enough

Harvey Elliott proved my point last night. If you don’t try them you will never know how good they are

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Young players
« Reply #1 on October 31, 2019, 05:09:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
If our young players were good enough I believe DM with his background would play them.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 31, 2019, 05:45:39 pm by NickDRFC »
People keep bleating on about the squad and the young players not being good enough

I keep saying we should we try more of ours Because if you’re good enough you’re old enough

Harvey Elliott proved my point last night. If you don’t try them you will never know how good they are

Not sure Harvey Elliot is the best example, yes he’s 16 but Liverpool went out and spent a few million quid to get him!

Adwick Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on October 31, 2019, 06:27:10 pm by Adwick Rover »
We have some promising young players that need to be given an opportunity in the right circumstances. GM thought there were a few that he gave dubuts to last year and I’m sure in time DM will give a few more the same opportunity.

We have a few of our 23s our on loan at the minute gaining experience in men’s football. I’m sure when a few of these return after their loans end we may see some appearing on match day benches.

We have a few young players competing for certain positions and it’s difficult for them to make an impact at the moment.

Horton is competing with Amos for a left back place who are both behind our first team regulars. Watters, Boocock and Gibbons are competing with Kiwomya and Longbottom just to get a place on the bench behind our loaner strikers and May, Taylor, Sads and Copps.

drfcsteve

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 31, 2019, 06:36:23 pm by drfcsteve »
Unfortunately our youth system hasn't produced in years and I can't see how that's changed with the recent crop. As others have said, if Moore thought they were good enough they'd be playing.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 31, 2019, 06:37:16 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
A lot of Premiership youngsters have been brought in from overseas too!

Also, just imagine for the team that Man U U21s fielded the another night, how many they have sucked in and spat out to get to that XI.

As said above, if we had anyone that was good enough, they would be in the first team squad by now. I don't think DM would have made the changes within the youth set up if he thought it was OK.

Adwick Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 31, 2019, 07:48:55 pm by Adwick Rover »
If we haven’t produced players for the first team for such a long time we have to question the validity of our youth system, the U18s and 23s. It’s an expensive exercise if it doesn’t pay out.

I think the system we have is flawed because we loan young players from Premier League and Championship clubs that are perceived to be better than our own players aged 19-21.
They probably are ahead in their ability and development and playing Cat 1 football certainly gives them an advantage when it comes to being loaned to L1 and L2 clubs.

If we keep doing that then there will never be any room in the first team for our youth players. The best they can hope for is tier 5 or 6 football.

The market must be saturated with lads from teams from he top 2 tiers looking to play first team football. Look at the Liverpool game last night some of the lads had 67, 76 and 48 on their shirts so the squad size for these teams is huge.

If Herbie can’t get a game then that speaks volumes.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 31, 2019, 08:04:55 pm by Campsall rover »
If we haven’t produced players for the first team for such a long time we have to question the validity of our youth system, the U18s and 23s. It’s an expensive exercise if it doesn’t pay out.

I think the system we have is flawed because we loan young players from Premier League and Championship clubs that are perceived to be better than our own players aged 19-21.
They probably are ahead in their ability and development and playing Cat 1 football certainly gives them an advantage when it comes to being loaned to L1 and L2 clubs.

If we keep doing that then there will never be any room in the first team for our youth players. The best they can hope for is tier 5 or 6 football.

The market must be saturated with lads from teams from he top 2 tiers looking to play first team football. Look at the Liverpool game last night some of the lads had 67, 76 and 48 on their shirts so the squad size for these teams is huge.

If Herbie can’t get a game then that speaks volumes.
The Man U players on Tues had no’s in the 40’s 50’s 60’s & 70’s on their shirts.

Adwick Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 31, 2019, 08:16:50 pm by Adwick Rover »
So if all the premier league teams have the same squad sizes, that’s a heck of a lot of players looking to play first team football
Campsall.

I wasn’t there Tuesday but I’d guess we would take any of the ManU lads on loan if offered.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 31, 2019, 08:32:54 pm by Campsall rover »
So if all the premier league teams have the same squad sizes, that’s a heck of a lot of players looking to play first team football
Campsall.

I wasn’t there Tuesday but I’d guess we would take any of the ManU lads on loan if offered.
3 of them stood out for me. Some of them i was not over impressed with to be honest.
Thought over the 94 mins we were the better team. Should have been 3-0 up in the first 25 mins.
We were very, very dominant in that period.
With Sadlier and Taylor playing from the start i am fairly certain we would have won that match.
No guarantee of course. But Selby does have a point though about the starting 11 being 5 players short of our strongest.
No Deing, Anderson, Coppinger & Taylor.
Sheaf & Sadlier only played 2nd half. Whiteman only 1st half.
Someone please tell me how Alfie got M.O.M. Unbelievable.
Thought, Halliday, Daniels and Sheaf were streets ahead of anyone else on the night.
If Lincoln don’t beat Rotherham it was a lost opportunity for us.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2019, 09:08:29 pm by Campsall rover »

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 31, 2019, 08:42:52 pm by Reesielad »
Campsall.

3 of them stood out for me. Some of them i was not over impressed with to be honest.
Thought over the 94 mins we were the better team. Should have been 3-0 up in the first 25 mins.
With Sadlier and Taylor playing from the start i am fairly certain we would have won that match.
No guarantee of course. But Selby does have a point though about the starting 11 being 5 players short of our strongest. No Deing, Anderson, Coppinger, Taylor and Sheaf & Sadlier only played 2nd half. Whitman only 1st half.
Thought, Halliday, Daniels and Sheaf were streets ahead of anyone else on the night.

I though Reece James had a good game, looked an attacking threat all night.

Who were the three Man U players that stood out for you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 31, 2019, 09:01:49 pm by Campsall rover »
Campsall.

No guarantee of course. But Selby does have a point though about the starting 11 being 5 players short of our strongest. No Deing, Anderson, Coppinger, Taylor and Sheaf & Sadlier only played 2nd half. Whitman only 1st half.

Galbraith in midfield was dominant and Greenwood up front was lightening quick. The keeper was excellent until he let Alfie’s shot slip through his hands. A worse mistake that Lawlor’s in the 94th min.
Their centre back was very good on the ball and was quick.
I can’t recall his name.

Yes agree Reece James had a good game. Needs to get those crosses in first time more often.
He comes back inside too much. Has the ability and pace to take his man on. Needs to do it more often.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 31, 2019, 09:04:57 pm by bpoolrover »
I thought there was 3 as well the winger with long hair the 2 goal scores, while mason Greenwood was not outstanding I have seen him a few times and he is a good player, not sure any of the rest granted on one performance would get in our team, a full strength team would have won pretty easily I think

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 31, 2019, 09:06:05 pm by redarmy82 »
What's happened to Hasani? Thoufht he looked promising in his cameo last season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 31, 2019, 09:23:19 pm by Campsall rover »
What's happened to Hasani? Thoufht he looked promising in his cameo last season.
Injured as far as i am aware.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 31, 2019, 09:30:03 pm by Bessie Red »
He's back involved with the Youth team after being injured. Was in the squad against Mansfield on Tuesday.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 31, 2019, 10:43:17 pm by Reesielad »
Campsall.

Galbraith in midfield was dominant and Greenwood up front was lightening quick. The keeper was excellent until he let Alfie’s shot slip through his hands. A worse mistake that Lawlor’s in the 94th min.
Their centre back was very good on the ball and was quick.
I can’t recall his name.

Yes agree Reece James had a good game. Needs to get those crosses in first time more often.
He comes back inside too much. Has the ability and pace to take his man on. Needs to do it more often.

I agree with Galbraith, he looked outstanding, just hasn’t got any hight on his side, the way he dictated their play was particularly impressive.

A few people said on Twitter that they had seen McCann at the game, wonder if he went away impressed with his fellow compatriot.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 01, 2019, 06:33:25 am by Alan Southstand »
Chong was the ManU player with the hair. Perfect lad for the ‘out ball’, as he had the ability to float across the pitch with the ball apparently superglued to his feet. It has to be said, though, Halliday matched him up. I said before the game on Tuesday that ManU had a very good U21s team and, whilst they had 1 or 2 missing from their line-up, I thought they looked ok, rather than brilliant. What was evident, though, was their fitness levels and mental strength, for such a young bunch of lads.

Campsall missed Whiteman off his list, for some reason, and I think he was head and shoulders over everyone, first half. The other one not mentioned, so far, was Gomes, who I thought was Motm, as he played the 90 minutes.

It was interesting to see Wright and Daniels playing alongside each other and, although Wright was combative throughout, Daniels looked the more assured centre back on the night.

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on November 01, 2019, 07:56:31 am by jackthelad »
Ironically I don't think Harvey Elliott is all that, people raving because of his age.
Watched him a couple of times now and I dont think he will make it at the top level. No chance.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on November 01, 2019, 08:16:24 am by NickDRFC »
Ironically I don't think Harvey Elliott is all that, people raving because of his age.
Watched him a couple of times now and I dont think he will make it at the top level. No chance.

The coaching staff at Fulham, scouts and coaching staff at Liverpool & (if rumours are to be believed) scouts from PSG, Barcelona and Real Madrid would disagree!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 01, 2019, 08:25:05 am by IDM »

Care to explain why what you have seen a handful of times makes you think he has no chance.?

No chance is a pretty strong term.. he’s at Liverpool and they are starting to use him, so if course he has a chance to succeed at the highest level..

Whether he does or not, remains to be seen, but no chance? Really?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on November 01, 2019, 09:32:05 am by Campsall rover »
Chong was the ManU player with the hair. Perfect lad for the ‘out ball’, as he had the ability to float across the pitch with the ball apparently superglued to his feet. It has to be said, though, Halliday matched him up. I said before the game on Tuesday that ManU had a very good U21s team and, whilst they had 1 or 2 missing from their line-up, I thought they looked ok, rather than brilliant. What was evident, though, was their fitness levels and mental strength, for such a young bunch of lads.

Campsall missed Whiteman off his list, for some reason, and I think he was head and shoulders over everyone, first half. The other one not mentioned, so far, was Gomes, who I thought was Motm, as he played the 90 minutes.

It was interesting to see Wright and Daniels playing alongside each other and, although Wright was combative throughout, Daniels looked the more assured centre back on the night.
Strange how we see things differently. I thought Ben Whiteman had a fairly subdued half a game by his high standards. Yes Gomes had a solid game but was behind Halliday, Daniels, Sheaf & James in the m.o.m. rankings imo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012