Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 09, 2024, 12:07:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Doncaster Free Press: Good article re finances  (Read 4612 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Doncaster Free Press: Good article re finances
« Reply #30 on November 07, 2019, 05:28:06 pm by Filo »
I know this is a very positive article yet it makes  me think why is this a story , are they about to cut back on future investment and telling us well in advance . The budget at the club has always been a talking point , and a top six budget has always been the reply . The club is investing in u23 u18 etc and supported quality loans etc . Has DM brought a change of attitude and a realistic look to the clubs future through development of youth and it’s understanding that self sufficiency is achievable , meaning the board can hide on their  wallets finally. 

I don't see any change in their objectives. They always wanted to help the club to get to a more financially stable position by generating income for itself so it could survive without being over reliant on their contribution. The sad loss of Dick Watson should tell you something. I doubt very much they want to get out but are setting up a lasting legacy.

I think the article reflects that very well.
My point .. why is this a story if there is no change .

Probably to answer people like you that doubt everything the club say or do and stick a negative slant on things, just like your OP
it’s about your limit insults !!

Insult? What are you talking about, you wanted an explanation, I gave you one, not any insult in sight!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Doncaster Free Press: Good article re finances
« Reply #31 on November 07, 2019, 06:19:44 pm by silent majority »
It seems that Baldwin and Hoden can't win.
Fans are always eager for information yet when it's given some still find fault.
I don't buy the argument of why have an article if there's no change?
It's always good to have the club in the news and there was actually new information in the piece.
Others may not agree but I like the openness displayed by Gav when he does these interviews with Hoden, and there have been quite a few stories that have come out out of their latest chat.
I think we may also find out in January that there is plenty left in the kitty if the right players are available.

I'm all for articles like this being made public and available to supporters.

But there's nothing new or detailed in this article, and certainly less information that we, as the supporters trust, have published on this forum repeatedly in recent years. As a trust we sit down and discuss the accounts and go through the details.

It's not a position the DFP will ever find itself in a position to do so.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012