Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 16, 2024, 08:08:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton - The game goes ahead  (Read 30561 times)

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton - The game goes ahead
« Reply #60 on November 21, 2019, 07:56:51 pm by auckleyflyer »
Bent!!
Reminds me so much of the sheff U, West ham fiasco.
Other way around and we / sheff u get points deducted. Beloved Bolton or Trevor brooking's darling west ham, somehow against all common sense of decency come out smelling of roses.
It stinks! Of shit not roses

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on November 21, 2019, 07:57:16 pm by BobG »
Well, that's Sky Sports for you. When was the last time they did an intelligent, thoughtfdul report oin anything?

BobG

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on November 21, 2019, 07:57:50 pm by Barmby Rover »
I hope we give them a warm reception when they arrive at The Keepmoat, from the moment their team arrives to the moment they leave they should be bombarded with insults, and do not let any Bolton fan anywhere near the bars, and close down the concourse facilities for the day. Lobby all pubs in town so they can't have a drink anywhere, and hang out the flags with cheats written all over them.

In addition I will be expecting Rovers to sue the EFL.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on November 21, 2019, 07:59:54 pm by since-1969 »
Efl obviously don’t see this as a bad out come , let’s face it the Efl are £70k better off . I can see there being animosity between both the clubs and supporters now . This could have been settled within a few days as rules were broken and admitted to. DRFC should have been given compensation for the way Bolton handled this farce , and supporters should have compensated by way of free entry for away supporters  to the game . I can’t but feel that DRFC have been treated with distain and disrespect throughout . I personally would except if DRFC chose to boycott the match in protest .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on November 21, 2019, 08:00:32 pm by the vicar »
It just goes to show crime pays off and the innocent get punished, i.e. Us

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on November 21, 2019, 08:01:59 pm by Campsall rover »
This is one of the govering bodies of English football Billy. We've all known, for decades, the degree of their incompetance, shortsightedness and complete absence of vision and imagination.

But football gets what it deserves. what proportion of the men, the clubs, the players in the English league system are honourable? Chelsea? Transfer embargo. Liverpool - under investigation. Man City struggling like hell to find a legal loophole to wriggle through. Owls - sanctioned. Players - diving practice every day. There are some fantastic exceptions. Of course there are. But you know and I know these paltry few examples are just the tip of a very large iceberg.

The whole caboodle is carrying its own death wish around with it.

The grey dullards at the Football League are a manifestation of a sport without a soul and without any vision except money. It is not a sport to admire and it hasn't been since the early 1960's.

Cheers

BobG
That’s a sad reflection of the beautiful game BobG. Unfortunately what you say is true really.
The game we love has lost its soul.  Money rules.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on November 21, 2019, 08:07:24 pm by Campsall rover »
I hope we give them a warm reception when they arrive at The Keepmoat, from the moment their team arrives to the moment they leave they should be bombarded with insults, and do not let any Bolton fan anywhere near the bars, and close down the concourse facilities for the day. Lobby all pubs in town so they can't have a drink anywhere, and hang out the flags with cheats written all over them.

It’s not the Bolton supporters that should be punished. It’s not their fault is it.
The Club should be deducted a further 6 points and 3 points awarded to us. The club cancelled the game not their supporters. A bit of perspective needed here. We shouldn’t be talking about revenge on people who are not at fault.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on November 21, 2019, 08:07:44 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
A bit more info. from the BBC website:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50420657

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on November 21, 2019, 08:08:24 pm by Alan Southstand »
The game goes ahead, only if we don’t appeal or if we do and the appeal is quashed.

Another hammer blow from the EFL to every well run club in the country.

Honesty and integrity along with sustainability gets you nowhere - is that the message?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on November 21, 2019, 08:09:56 pm by scawsby steve »
Our home game with them is the 2nd of February, any frost or ice I would not postpone the game until very late that night.

Unfortunately, we can't afford any more postponements of any kind Brian. We've already got 3 to sort out, and we're still in 2 cups, with potential replays; then there's the weather.

We could end up playing 2 matches a week over a long period; something no manager wants.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on November 21, 2019, 08:11:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Picture the scene.

Bolton beat us. We miss out on promotion by 1 point to Ipswich who hammered them the week before we were supposed to play them. Bolton survive by 1 point over Wimbledon who go down.

Legal action from us and Wimbledon against the FL?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on November 21, 2019, 08:13:59 pm by Campsall rover »
Picture the scene.

Bolton beat us. We miss out on promotion by 1 point to Ipswich who hammered them the week before we were supposed to play them. Bolton survive by 1 point over Wimbledon who go down.

Oh what fun. Can’t wait.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on November 21, 2019, 08:14:57 pm by the vicar »

It’s not the Bolton supporters that should be punished. It’s not their fault is it.
The Club should be deducted a further 6 points and 3 points awarded to us. The club cancelled the game not their supporters. A bit of perspective needed here. We shouldn’t be talking about revenge on people who are not at fault.
yes indirectly as they have defended the club and called us from a pig to a dog for us trying to get the 3 points

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on November 21, 2019, 08:15:03 pm by Copps is Magic »
There is only one choice the club faces which is either to take legal action against the efl (It won't hurt to take legal advice, Which I hope they have done) or just to bite the bullet and take the replay. Appealing isn't going to get anyone anywhere.

Brentford were awarded the 3 points because 'that' Bolton (i.e. the state of the club at the time) could not fulfil their fixture against them. 'That' Bolton could also not fulfil its fixture against us. And now we're being forced to play a completely different club - with new ownership, players, management etc.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on November 21, 2019, 08:15:39 pm by bobjimwilly »
they won't even have to pay the full £20k,

"The financial penalty issued includes £20k and £50k fines handed out for the two respective fixtures, with half of the amounts due also suspended for 18 months."

BobG

• VSC Member
« Reply #75 on November 21, 2019, 08:15:59 pm by BobG »
Now that I would really, really, really like to see Billy.... Make those buggers actually think for once.

BobG

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #76 on November 21, 2019, 08:17:34 pm by bobjimwilly »
imagine the scene, you are on a losing streak; you're due to play a crucial games of the season against one of your direct competitors for promotion/survival.

do you a) play the game with a strong chance of losing
b) pay a 10k fine and play a re-arranged fixture when your squad is back to full strength and you've stopped the rot

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on November 21, 2019, 08:17:59 pm by Chris Black come back »
There will be plenty of external pressure on Rovers to appeal this, to strike down what is a ridiculous precedent. See the Peterborough Chairman has been making this point tonight.

Bolton cancelled the game unilaterally because they didn’t fancy playing it. Any club in future can seek to do this now and will receive nothing - a few quid fine and a suspended ie non-enforced points penalty. There is literally no disincentive for a club to seek to do this in future - nothing.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on November 21, 2019, 08:18:55 pm by drfchound »
Picture the scene.

Just to get the facts right BST,  Ipswich played them the Saturday after Bolton pulled out of the game against us.
It was Tranmere who smashed them on the Saturday before.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on November 21, 2019, 08:19:02 pm by Filo »
Picture the scene.

Personally I think we should be considering legal action now, it stinks to high heaven, Bolton have had favourable treatment throughout, Bury were thrown out of the league, Bolton were allowed to play on, then we have our fiasco, Bolton get away with it and we are the ones to suffer, the rotten corrupt bas**rds!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on November 21, 2019, 08:20:48 pm by drfchound »
There will be plenty of external pressure on Rovers to appeal this, to strike down what is a ridiculous precedent. See the Peterborough Chairman has been making this point tonight.

Bolton cancelled the game unilaterally because they didn’t fancy playing it. Any club in future can seek to do this now and will receive nothing - a few quid fine and a suspended ie non-enforced points penalty. There is literally no disincentive for a club to seek to do this in future - nothing.

I thought that the Peterbro chairman had said previously that he would object if we got three points awarded.
What has he said now mate.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 08:23:07 pm by drfchound »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on November 21, 2019, 08:22:25 pm by Chris Black come back »
“When we don’t fancy a tough game or have some key injuries we’ll have a day off now that precedent has been set by the @EFL“

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on November 21, 2019, 08:22:47 pm by Campsall rover »

yes indirectly as they have defended the club and called us from a pig to a dog for us trying to get the 3 points
Yes but that will be a very small minority of their support. Any intelligent reasonable thinking person must see we have been treated with total disrespect.
There must be some intelligent and sensible people who are Bolton fans.  :facepalm:
Well i hope so any way.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on November 21, 2019, 08:23:13 pm by the vicar »
I don't think we will appeal the decision or take legal action

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on November 21, 2019, 08:25:29 pm by Copps is Magic »
See Liam Hoden's tweets.

He says the EFL board were unanimously convinced the game should be replayed. Its utterly pointless appealing.

The ONLY option the club has is legal action against the EFL. If they don't want to do that, everyone should get over this very quickly because its done.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on November 21, 2019, 08:26:14 pm by the vicar »

Yes but that will be a very small minority of their support. Any intelligent reasonable thinking person must see we have been treated with total disrespect.
There must be some intelligent and sensible people who are Bolton fans.  :facepalm:
Well i hope so any way.
No Campsall I go that was a lot and most I have spoken to think we are totally out of order by wanting the 3, and we should be ashamed of ourselves to do so

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on November 21, 2019, 08:29:58 pm by selby »
  Our home game in February against Bolton, I would make admission for away fans £50  and no concessions, they obviously want to play us badly so should pay for the privilege.

A9

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on November 21, 2019, 08:32:19 pm by A9 »

See Liam Hoden's tweets.

He says the EFL board were unanimously convinced the game should be replayed. Its utterly pointless appealing.

The ONLY option the club has is legal action against the EFL. If they don't want to do that, everyone should get over this very quickly because its done.

The appeal goes to the governing body , the FA who review the EFL decision. I think an appeal to FA will be successful as the EFL have not applied their own rules correctly . So it becomes a technical point not an opinion .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on November 21, 2019, 08:35:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Well i hope so any way.
No Campsall I go that was a lot and most I have spoken to think we are totally out of order by wanting the 3, and we should be ashamed of ourselves to do so
Must be the Lancashire air. Sending them doo lally.

Maps

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on November 21, 2019, 08:38:23 pm by Maps »
Well, I for one feel lucky. We should have had 6 points deducted for trying to play a game of football against an ex-Premier League side who clearly didn't want to play us at that time. Who do we think we are? If they don't want to play against us because they feel they may lose the game why the hell should they? If it inconveniences us, then that's only fair. They used to be in the Premier League you know. The game should not be played until they are 100% ready, if it needs to be cancelled again because they feel they might lose it, then the EFL must insist it is called off and we should forfeit the points and be grateful.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012