Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 08, 2024, 01:43:29 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Chief Rabbi's attack on Labour Anti Semitism  (Read 2772 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Chief Rabbi's attack on Labour Anti Semitism
« Reply #30 on November 27, 2019, 03:05:16 pm by drfchound »
I didn't imply anything. You were asking about Jewish opinion. I gave an example.

The quote from the Chief Rabbi that I just posted does raise the question of his personal impartiality though, no?

......and I gave a second example of Jewish opinion.

Yes, I do agree that the CRs comments are his personal opinion but then your comments about the Tories are your personal opinions too aren’t  they.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 27, 2019, 03:07:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound.

I think you are missing the point.

The Chief Rabbi has a position in which he is supposed to speak on behalf of his entire flock. But, as with everything, opinions differ among individuals in a large group.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on November 27, 2019, 03:09:46 pm by drfchound »
Hound.

I think you are missing the point.

The Chief Rabbi has a position in which he is supposed to speak on behalf of his entire flock. But, as with everything, opinions differ among individuals in a large group.

But isn’t Corbyn in a position to speak for the a Labour Party and everyone knows that not every Party member agrees with him.
The same applies to Boris too.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 27, 2019, 03:12:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm afraid you've lost me on that point.

They are politicians, not unelected religious leaders. There's a reason why the tradition is that religious leaders don't get involved in general election debates.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on November 27, 2019, 04:40:40 pm by scawsby steve »
I don't believe for a minute that Jeremy Corbyn has a racist bone in his body. He's just not that kind of person. What he is amounts to being a ditherer, and very stubborn.

He was asked again today for the umpteenth time for an apology. What would be wrong by putting this thing to bed by simply saying "Look, if some Jewish Labour Party members feel offended by other members' comments, then the Labour Party as a whole apologises"? What could be more simple than that?

Then, to make matters worse, that obnoxious Barry Gardiner aggressively attacked the female journalist asking the question.

Can't they see that millions of people are scrutinising them at the moment?
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 05:36:45 pm by scawsby steve »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 27, 2019, 04:47:44 pm by Filo »
I don't believe for a minute that Jeremy Corbyn has a racist bone in his body. He's just not that kind of person. What he is amounts to being a ditherer, and very stubborn.

He was asked again today for the umpteenth time for an apology. What would be wrong by putting this thing to bed by simply saying "Look, if some Jewish Labour Party members feel offended by other members' comments, then the Laboour Party as a whole apologises"? What could be more simple than that?

Then, to make matters worse, that obnoxious Barry Gardiner aggressively attacked the female journalist asking the question.

The journalists question should have been about the News conference subject, that is what she was there for, to report on the news of the day, instead she ignored the subject totally, and was rightly told that she used that moment to have another dig

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 27, 2019, 04:55:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He was asked again today for the umpteenth time for an apology. What would be wrong by putting this thing to bed by simply saying "Look, if some Jewish Labour Party members feel offended by other members' comments, then the Laboour Party as a whole apologises"? What could be more simple than that?

SS

I couldn't agree more. In these circumstances, it's not just about having the right policies, it's about controlling the narrative. He could and should have put this to bed by apologising unreservedly for any perceived shortcomings in the way Labour has dealt with this issue.

I've said for a while that it was clear that some of the other big beasts in Labour have been tearing their hair out at Corbyn's amateurish approach to controlling the narrative. It's notable that both McDonnell and Starmer publicly apologised this morning. I suspect that there's been some blunt talking in Labour HQ today.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 27, 2019, 05:41:49 pm by scawsby steve »

SS

I couldn't agree more. In these circumstances, it's not just about having the right policies, it's about controlling the narrative. He could and should have put this to bed by apologising unreservedly for any perceived shortcomings in the way Labour has dealt with this issue.

I've said for a while that it was clear that some of the other big beasts in Labour have been tearing their hair out at Corbyn's amateurish approach to controlling the narrative. It's notable that both McDonnell and Starmer publicly apologised this morning. I suspect that there's been some blunt talking in Labour HQ today.

We're agreeing again. This has got to stop.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 27, 2019, 06:11:17 pm by wilts rover »

He was asked again today for the umpteenth time for an apology. What would be wrong by putting this thing to bed by simply saying "Look, if some Jewish Labour Party members feel offended by other members' comments, then the Labour Party as a whole apologises"? What could be more simple than that?

That's the Barry Gardiner, member and former Vice-Chair of Labour Friends of Israel, who was described by the Jewish Chronicle as one of Israel's staunchest supporters and who gave a very emotional speech during the HoC anti-semitism debate is it?

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/pro-israel-mp-fires-pro-palestinian-staffer-1.11312

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/emotional-barry-gardiner-laments-labours-14028309

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 27, 2019, 06:50:22 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Well yes, obviously not all Jews will have met him will they.
But as you rightly said earlier, different Jews, different opinions.
Not quite the one sided thing that you had implied about your friends opinion being a a Labour love in.

Let me remind you of a couple of other people that HAVE met him, Hound.  Have known him quite a long time in actual fact, a brother and sister.  All the evidence shows they don't reckon much of him as a politician.  To say and do on record what they have about their brother I'd say they don't much rate him as a person either.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on November 27, 2019, 07:37:18 pm by drfchound »

SS

We're agreeing again. This has got to stop.

That makes three of us then.  Love in ?

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on November 27, 2019, 09:02:11 pm by scawsby steve »

That's the Barry Gardiner, member and former Vice-Chair of Labour Friends of Israel, who was described by the Jewish Chronicle as one of Israel's staunchest supporters and who gave a very emotional speech during the HoC anti-semitism debate is it?

https://www.thejc.com/news/uk-news/pro-israel-mp-fires-pro-palestinian-staffer-1.11312

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politics/emotional-barry-gardiner-laments-labours-14028309

Which strengthens my point Wilts. If there's no animosity towards Jewish people, then just apologise to those Jewish MPs who feel offended, put the whole thing to bed, and move on.

There are millions of floating voters watching all this, and Labour need to get them onside to even have a  chance of a hung parliament.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012