Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:32:23 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

1 (8.3%)
3 (25%)
4 (33.3%)
0 (0%)
4 (33.3%)
0 - Totally Useless
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 14, 2019, 09:37:57 am

Author Topic: Rovers v MK Dons- 7/12/19- Scott Oldham  (Read 1531 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v MK Dons- 7/12/19- Scott Oldham
« on December 03, 2019, 12:56:50 pm by The Red Baron »
Referee:  Oldham, Scott
Assistant Referee:  Graham, Paul
Assistant Referee:  Grunnill, Wayne
Fourth Official:  Woods, Martin

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v MK Dons- 7/12/19- Scott Oldham
« Reply #1 on December 08, 2019, 09:41:48 am by The Red Baron »
I thought he was good. My only grouse was that he didn't deal with MK's habit of kicking the ball away, although he did allow a decent amount of stoppage time.

On the two offside goals, I thought Bingham was offside on the first and as the ball hit him, he's active. On the second I was rather puzzled. Bingham might have come back from an offside position but if that was the case surely the flag should have gone up as soon as he played the ball. As it was, the flag only went up after Sadlier put the ball in the net. Although the lino on the East Stand side was very late with his flags on a number of occasions.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 08, 2019, 10:59:32 am by Donnywolf »
Gone for a 2. Let the serial fouler (this game and many many others) Number 3 get away with murder again.

Too many booting the ball away merchants as you pointed out already TRB. One of them after the Players second foul in as many minutes. He fouled disputed it AND kicked the ball away

Still think we need a fixed Game Clock but was at least "fairer" today as he awarded 6 mins added time. Those around me who set their Phones counting the time were showing he played exactly 6 minutes BUT they were at it with injuries and time wasting

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 08, 2019, 01:57:18 pm by DRNaith »

He chose to ignore the kicking-out from an MK player on a Rovers player, rather than dealing with it.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 08, 2019, 05:26:29 pm by swintonrover »
He didn't clamp down on their time wasting, but he was otherwise fine. 3.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 08, 2019, 05:34:03 pm by drfchound »
Gone for a 2. Let the serial fouler (this game and many many others) Number 3 get away with murder again.

Too many booting the ball away merchants as you pointed out already TRB. One of them after the Players second foul in as many minutes. He fouled disputed it AND kicked the ball away

Still think we need a fixed Game Clock but was at least "fairer" today as he awarded 6 mins added time. Those around me who set their Phones counting the time were showing he played exactly 6 minutes BUT they were at it with injuries and time wasting

It should have been six minutes plus an extra thirty seconds because they made a substitution during the six minutes add on time.

One thing that this ref didn’t do (and no refs seem to do but should do) was book their number eight when he scored.
He ran to the South Stand to do his rather poor Ronaldo impersonation making a whooping noise, clearly trying to wind up our fans.
It is an inflammatory action and should be a booking for such.

Players are booked for “over celebrating” with their own fans so it is crazy that trying to incite another’s clubs fans isn’t considered worthy of a booking.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 08, 2019, 06:01:01 pm by idler »
I agree wholeheartedly re the celebration hound. It wasn't as though our fans had given him any stick previously.
The first instance of kicking the ball away came in the first two minutes. The ball was a good yard or two out for their goal kick when their defender helped it on it's way to the wall.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 10, 2019, 07:27:04 am by Donnywolf »
Annoying as hell and sorted by my 30 Minutes per half game clock

No added time ever and kicking ball away - Subs on far side "trotting" off - fake injuries - 1 minute long goal kicks all gone forever

TinyPortal © 2005-2012