Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 30, 2024, 12:44:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Re-arranged fixtures  (Read 4602 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re-arranged fixtures
« on November 29, 2019, 04:59:41 pm by Draytonian III »
If we don’t get through into round 3 but Portsmouth do we could possibly play Shrewsbury or Tranmere ,but I think they will both get through.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Re-arranged fixtures
« Reply #1 on November 29, 2019, 06:02:54 pm by Campsall rover »
If we don’t get through into round 3 but Portsmouth do we could possibly play Shrewsbury or Tranmere ,but I think they will both get through.
Tranmere has already been re arranged for Feb 4th

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 29, 2019, 06:38:34 pm by the vicar »
Tranmere has already been re arranged for Feb 4th
what about Bolton we need to play the before they strengthen

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 29, 2019, 06:52:53 pm by IDM »
They already have strengthened..

We can’t arrange that game yet..

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 30, 2019, 09:10:26 am by Colin C No.3 »
I think the club are ‘disregarding’ the Bolton fixture until the whole fiasco is sorted to our satisfaction.

GB stated that we were in consultation with Shrewsbury & Tranmere about rearranging those fixtures but ‘deliberately’ made no mention of Bolton.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 30, 2019, 06:00:48 pm by drfchound »
Well Portsmouth got through by the skin of their teeth.
Marquis subbed at half time again by the way.
Shrewsbury also through to Round Three.
So, unless we beat Gillingham we look like having a day off on 4th January.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on November 30, 2019, 06:45:19 pm by Campsall rover »
Well Portsmouth got through by the skin of their teeth.
Marquis subbed at half time again by the way.
Shrewsbury also through to Round Three.
So, unless we beat Gillingham we look like having a day off on 4th January.
Hate Saturdays without a match. Let’s hope we win tomorrow and draw a big one in the 3rd round.
It won’t be Oldham Athletic, beaten today.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 01, 2019, 08:16:34 pm by drfchound »
No game for us on third round weekend then.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 01, 2019, 08:34:34 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Four matches not played for four different reasons, surely some sort of record  :facepalm:

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 01, 2019, 08:48:55 pm by Campsall rover »
Four matches not played for four different reasons, surely some sort of record  :facepalm:
That’s another one to re arrange then. We knew that yesterday though when Portsmouth won their 2nd round FA Cup match.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2019, 09:01:21 pm by Dutch Uncle »
That’s another one to re arrange then. We knew that yesterday though when Portsmouth won their 2nd round FA Cup match.

Yes I suppose I could have made the comment yesterday, but I guess it is more irritating a situation after losing today and having another match free day.

Edit: Now I think about it, if we include the Bury game there are 5 games not played for 5 different reasons.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 09:16:00 pm by Dutch Uncle »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 01, 2019, 09:12:21 pm by The Red Baron »
With Shrewsbury and Tranmere reaching the Third Round the possibility of rearranging one of those for Third Round day has gone down the swannee. The Bolton away game won't get rearranged until the EFL's appeal is heard (my guess is that quite a lot of people would like to slot that in the last couple of weeks of the season with nothing riding on it).

The Bolton and Southend home games which are due to be played in midweek could in theory be pulled forward- neither team will have a game on 4th January. Then there is the possibility that we could schedule the Leasing Trophy for that day if we beat Leicester U-21s on Wednesday.

Of course it might be that after a busy holiday period that the players would be better for a few days rest.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 01, 2019, 09:18:09 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Maybe Rovers could look at the fixture list and see if anyone is prepared to move a match forward assuming we don't have too many injuries that it would be unadvantageous to play ?

even play the next round of the F A Trophy should we beat Leicester on A Saturday because the under 21 teams as well will be available !!!  (and the Bolton Buoys can be in bed before 9 pm :thumbsup:) anyone know when the draw for the next round would be ?

are Bolton in the F A Trophy ??

bl00dy bloke upstairs beat me to it by seconds   :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 01, 2019, 09:19:12 pm by Dutch Uncle »
With Shrewsbury and Tranmere reaching the Third Round the possibility of rearranging one of those for Third Round day has gone down the swannee. The Bolton away game won't get rearranged until the EFL's appeal is heard (my guess is that quite a lot of people would like to slot that in the last couple of weeks of the season with nothing riding on it).

The Bolton and Southend home games which are due to be played in midweek could in theory be pulled forward- neither team will have a game on 4th January. Then there is the possibility that we could schedule the Leasing Trophy for that day if we beat Leicester U-21s on Wednesday.

Of course it might be that after a busy holiday period that the players would be better for a few days rest.

Can’t imagine Bolton bringing a match forward to so early in the transfer window, or even doing anything that might be seen as helping us  :(

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 01, 2019, 09:47:07 pm by POD »
It might be possible to play the Bolton away game on 4th January as Bolton are due to play Blackpool on that day who are through to the 3rd Round.  I doubt if Rovers would be keen to play even if the EFL appeal is sorted by then, as we have two home games already that week against Sunderland and Oxford. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 01, 2019, 09:55:28 pm by Campsall rover »
It might be possible to play the Bolton away game on 4th January as Bolton are due to play Blackpool on that day who are through to the 3rd Round.  I doubt if Rovers would be keen to play even if the EFL appeal is sorted by then, as we have two home games already that week against Sunderland and Oxford.
The appeal won’t be sorted before 4th Jan. Not a prayer. We will end up playing them in April imo.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 02, 2019, 12:10:36 pm by IDM »

Yes I suppose I could have made the comment yesterday, but I guess it is more irritating a situation after losing today and having another match free day.

Edit: Now I think about it, if we include the Bury game there are 5 games not played for 5 different reasons.

If you include Bury then technically that’s 6 games called off for 5 different reasons, but I’m splitting hairs..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 02, 2019, 12:16:17 pm by Campsall rover »
No it’s 5 IDM
Bury, Bolton, Tranmere, Shrewsbury and now Portsmouth.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 02, 2019, 12:21:22 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »

After the christmas games?  Totally unfair on the welfare of their players that...

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 02, 2019, 12:31:20 pm by IDM »
No it’s 5 IDM

I was being pedantic as there are two fixtures vs Bury not taking place..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 02, 2019, 01:23:04 pm by Campsall rover »
No it’s 5 IDM

I was being pedantic as there are two fixtures vs Bury not taking place..
Sorry IDM I didn’t spot that one.  :facepalm: 

Surrey Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 02, 2019, 01:46:02 pm by Surrey Rover »
The home match with Southend would be the best prospect, currently scheduled for the last Tuesday in January. They were due to play Gillingham on the 4th January.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 02, 2019, 01:59:56 pm by IDM »
I don’t see why an existing scheduled future league fixture would need to change.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 02, 2019, 02:19:19 pm by dickos1 »
Doesn’t need to change but it’s obviously better all round to be played on a Saturday

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 02, 2019, 02:25:10 pm by IDM »
In many respects yes, but Southend may not want to play so early in January if they are also looking to make new signings.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 02, 2019, 02:29:28 pm by dickos1 »
Maybe
Although it would be much better for their fans.

Although I’m hoping that the lack of us arranging these games means we’ve players lined up for jan so we’re putting it off

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 02, 2019, 02:34:31 pm by IDM »
Also I reckon the EFL May demand clubs provide a good reason for changing a fixture, ie if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.

And yes I know the irony in respect of that statement  and Bolton.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 02, 2019, 03:19:29 pm by adamtherover »

The famous hectic XMAS HOLIDAY SCHEDULE that doesn't exist!!
Its less intensive than a routine sat tues sat tues run of games...... 
Its media driven nonsense...

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 02, 2019, 08:16:47 pm by Campsall rover »

You are quite correct Its nothing but twaddle always has been.
It’s 3 games in 7 days instead of the 3 games in 8 days we get on a regular basis.

adamtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 02, 2019, 08:28:42 pm by adamtherover »

You are quite correct Its nothing but twaddle always has been.
It’s 3 games in 7 days instead of the 3 games in 8 days we get on a regular basis.
this xmas, it's not even remotely bad, its 4 games from a satdi to the following Wednesday, instead of satdi to the tuesday..  it's just the gap between the middle xmas week game and new years day is one day less recovery time than normal.
Last year we played more games I believe in November and January....
We should hold a sweepstake to see how many times they roll out the stock xmas phrase  "games comes thick and fast " , erm, no they dont!! Shut up!!!!
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:31:42 pm by adamtherover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012