Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:21:41 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tactics  (Read 8374 times)

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
Tactics
« on December 01, 2019, 03:43:05 pm by Jersey Rover »
Completely confused as to what Darren Moore is trying to achieve with his tactic. Cannot even guess what they are. Week after week poor first half’s, lack of forward movement through midfield, very few attempts on goal, playing and signing players not good enough at this level. What are we trying to achieve

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
Re: Tactics
« Reply #1 on December 01, 2019, 03:49:08 pm by bpoolrover »
Not sure he isn’t more scared of losing than trying to win a game at the minute 4 at the back with 3 defensive midfielders in both bens and Gomes, was much better at the start of the season playing more attacking

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 01, 2019, 03:49:47 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We average the most shots per 90 in the league.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 01, 2019, 03:58:03 pm by bpoolrover »
Was that stat not from a few weeks ago? You might be right but to me we have not been anywhere near as attacking in the last few games as earlier on in the season

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 01, 2019, 04:04:47 pm by Campsall rover »
Was that stat not from a few weeks ago? You might be right but to me we have not been anywhere near as attacking in the last few games as earlier on in the season
It’s all doom and gloom every time we lose.
Let’s see what the next 3 league games brings.
Today we very poor by the sounds of it but 1 game doesn’t define a season, neither does 3 or 4

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 01, 2019, 04:08:04 pm by Bezza »
Roll on Saturday, let's get this game behind us and pick 3pts up.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 01, 2019, 04:08:12 pm by bpoolrover »
 Its not doom and gloom just a opinion I had sorry
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 04:26:14 pm by bpoolrover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 01, 2019, 04:23:11 pm by Campsall rover »
That’s the right answer Bezza.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 01, 2019, 04:53:10 pm by DonnyOsmond »

It's up to date. We average 14.76 shots per game. Portsmouth in 2nd with 13.

It is league games so FA Cup doesn't count.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 04:59:45 pm by DonnyOsmond »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 01, 2019, 04:53:41 pm by Chris Black come back »
Today is think we had 2 on target.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 01, 2019, 04:54:49 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Poor result today no doubt, big couple of weeks ahead now.

I still think up to the striker position we are a good side but that position is so, so important. Without signings there in Jan our season will finish average.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 01, 2019, 04:56:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
Sadlier off form. Taylor benched. Who is going to score for us at the moment?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 01, 2019, 04:56:40 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

meaning you don't care about WEDNESDAY

murham

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 01, 2019, 04:56:54 pm by murham »
We have games in hand to play
We may have injuries,sickness we don’t know about
Today we didn’t need,if we won fair enough otherwise let’s get on with the league
Personally I back DMs decisions and look forward to a fantastic January transfer window
Maybe not this year but Whiteman believes that’s good enough for me

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 01, 2019, 05:04:28 pm by Padge_DRFC »
Only thing that baffles me is how Gomes gets anywhere near the squad

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 01, 2019, 05:09:17 pm by Chris Black come back »
Fair to say that Gomes was not at his best today.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 01, 2019, 05:13:17 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Given the board apparently ‘factor in’ a figure of £200,000+ from cup games, does that tie our hands somewhat come the January transfer window?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 01, 2019, 05:55:28 pm by Campsall rover »

meaning you don't care about WEDNESDAY
Don’t give a second thought to Sheffield Wednesday.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 01, 2019, 06:03:35 pm by NewDonny »
We started with 4-3-3 and only after 5 minutes reverted to 3-5-2, we were all over the place, preferring to go sideways and backwards than forwards through the midfield. You cannot play Sadlier up front, end of subject, he needs to ball at his feet where he take it on the half turn and run at the opposition. The way we play we might as well have no one up front as they do a lot or running to find space but never see the ball because we don't look for the pass to find them.

Even when we play 4-3-3 we play with the two FB's high up the pitch which nullifies the two wingers who end up coming inside into traffic to give the FB's space down the flank, utterly ridiculous.

Play to the strength of the players that you have, not to a system or systems that no one knows or likes, we are not playing because we are over thinking things.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 01, 2019, 06:07:26 pm by Retdon1 »
Fair to say that Gomes was not at his best today.

Has he ever been at his best ?..... according to our gaffer he’s been outstanding

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 01, 2019, 06:09:06 pm by Chris Black come back »
Gomes was poor today. No question of that. Nigh on everyone was poor today.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 01, 2019, 06:21:12 pm by the vicar »
Today we very poor by the sounds of it but 1 game doesn’t define a season, neither does 3 or 4

Campsall mate you can not gloss it up no matter how you try, at the moment we are not good, you know how much Rovers mean to me same as you but I will not defend bad play week in week out, we pay good hard earned money to watch our team so a little commitment from the players would be nice

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 01, 2019, 06:27:22 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall mate you can not gloss it up no matter how you try, at the moment we are not good, you know how much Rovers mean to me same as you but I will not defend bad play week in week out, we pay good hard earned money to watch our team so a little commitment from the players would be nice
Can’t comment on today as wasn’t there, but Vicar are you telling me the players haven’t shown full commitment in all the other games this season. Surely not. You have been watching a different team to me if that’s what you think.
Yes we have not been at our best in recent games no question.

But commitment, sorry disagree.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 01, 2019, 06:51:33 pm by NewDonny »

Can’t comment on today as wasn’t there, but Vicar are you telling me the players haven’t shown full commitment in all the other games this season. Surely not. You have been watching a different team to me if that’s what you think.

Anyone that was not at the game cannot comment on the players commitment or indeed on the game in general. I did make the trip and can honestly say that todays result had nothing to do with players not giving 200%.

The management got today wrong, we never got out the traps, the players looked nervous and indesisive and very ill at ease with the system they were being asked to play. For me we should have reverted back to a 4-3-3 at half time and replaced Gomes with Taylor, gone to a plat back four of Halliday, John, Wright & James, Sheaf moved back int the middle alongside Whiteman with Copps back in the 10 playing being Sadlier wide on the left, Taylor wide on the right and Bingham down the middle and then hit them down the flanks where there was a ton of space that the wing backs (Halliday & James) were not utilising when playing to the 3-5-2 system and in any vase I am not sure they are best crossers of the ball, we have better in the team.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 06:57:58 pm by NewDonny »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 01, 2019, 07:21:39 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Let's just hope it was an experiment playing the 3. He said some time ago he might play 3 at the back at some point but he wanted everyone to be comfortable with the 4 3 3 first. The only other reason could be protecting Cameron John on his first major game back. Whatever the reason, it was scuppered within 15 minutes.

Back to basics for all concerned now.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 01, 2019, 07:47:31 pm by drfchound »

Anyone that was not at the game cannot comment on the players commitment or indeed on the game in general. I did make the trip and can honestly say that todays result had nothing to do with players not giving 200%.

The management got today wrong, we never got out the traps, the players looked nervous and indesisive and very ill at ease with the system they were being asked to play. For me we should have reverted back to a 4-3-3 at half time and replaced Gomes with Taylor, gone to a plat back four of Halliday, John, Wright & James, Sheaf moved back int the middle alongside Whiteman with Copps back in the 10 playing being Sadlier wide on the left, Taylor wide on the right and Bingham down the middle and then hit them down the flanks where there was a ton of space that the wing backs (Halliday & James) were not utilising when playing to the 3-5-2 system and in any vase I am not sure they are best crossers of the ball, we have better in the team.

Not quite true ND.
People who were not at the game but did watch it live are in a position to comment on the performance of the players and the team.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 01, 2019, 07:51:11 pm by NewDonny »

The management got today wrong, we never got out the traps, the players looked nervous and indesisive and very ill at ease with the system they were being asked to play. For me we should have reverted back to a 4-3-3 at half time and replaced Gomes with Taylor, gone to a plat back four of Halliday, John, Wright & James, Sheaf moved back int the middle alongside Whiteman with Copps back in the 10 playing being Sadlier wide on the left, Taylor wide on the right and Bingham down the middle and then hit them down the flanks where there was a ton of space that the wing backs (Halliday & James) were not utilising when playing to the 3-5-2 system and in any case I am not sure they are best crossers of the ball, we have better in the team.

Not quite true ND.
People who were not at the game but did watch it live are in a position to comment on the performance of the players and the team.

Well okay, but not sure watching it on the TV gives you a sense and view of a players work rate off the ball as well as on it, but I take your point DRFCHound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 01, 2019, 08:03:49 pm by drfchound »

The management got today wrong, we never got out the traps, the players looked nervous and indesisive and very ill at ease with the system they were being asked to play. For me we should have reverted back to a 4-3-3 at half time and replaced Gomes with Taylor, gone to a plat back four of Halliday, John, Wright & James, Sheaf moved back int the middle alongside Whiteman with Copps back in the 10 playing being Sadlier wide on the left, Taylor wide on the right and Bingham down the middle and then hit them down the flanks where there was a ton of space that the wing backs (Halliday & James) were not utilising when playing to the 3-5-2 system and in any case I am not sure they are best crossers of the ball, we have better in the team.

Not quite true ND.

Well okay, but not sure watching it on the TV gives you a sense and view of a players work rate off the ball as well as on it, but I take your point DRFCHound

Yes, and that it true about parts of the pitch that isn’t on camera, I agree on that.
However watching it live on screen is a good indicator of what is happening overall.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 01, 2019, 09:11:20 pm by dickos1 »
Other than hull in pre season, Gomes has been poor in all the games I’ve seen. Sadlier is a much better player, and playing gomes is pushing sadlier either out the side or out of position.
This starting line up is our best bet at the moment

Dieng
Halliday    Anderson John   James
          Whiteman.    Sheaf
Sadlier.     Coppinger.   Taylor.
                  Ennis

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 01, 2019, 09:15:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
Agree with that.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012