Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:42:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Tactics  (Read 8491 times)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Tactics
« Reply #30 on December 01, 2019, 09:17:54 pm by Campsall rover »
Other than hull in pre season, Gomes has been poor in all the games I’ve seen. Sadlier is a much better player, and playing gomes is pushing sadlier either out the side or out of position.
This starting line up is our best bet at the moment

Dieng
Halliday    Anderson John   James
          Whiteman.    Sheaf
Sadlier.     Coppinger.   Taylor.
                  Ennis
Agree on that Dickos.  :thumbsup:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 01, 2019, 09:22:15 pm by Chris Black come back »
I know he is coming back from injury but Joe Wright needs to start consistently stepping up. He needs to iron out the errors he is prone to and start being more imposing. He is 25 in February and closing in on 100 games as a pro. Tom Anderson is only a year or so older and with 20 or so games more under his belt, but is more steady and consistent. Hope this is the season Wright can stay fit and add some solidity and consistency to his obvious talents.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 01, 2019, 09:37:15 pm by scawsby steve »
I know he is coming back from injury but Joe Wright needs to start consistently stepping up. He needs to iron out the errors he is prone to and start being more imposing. He is 25 in February and closing in on 100 games as a pro. Tom Anderson is only a year or so older and with 20 or so games more under his belt, but is more steady and consistent. Hope this is the season Wright can stay fit and add some solidity and consistency to his obvious talents.

I got slaughtered on this site a couple of years ago for daring to suggest that Tom could keep Joe out of the team.

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 01, 2019, 09:47:32 pm by Branton Rover »
It selects itself when all available

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 01, 2019, 10:14:26 pm by bpoolrover »
Wonder what his thinking is leaving Taylor out unless had a knock as has been very good lately

john_donc857

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 01, 2019, 10:45:44 pm by john_donc857 »
‘‘Twas rubbish and so was  Mr Moore’s tactics today. Only glad I never went

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 01, 2019, 11:47:32 pm by NewDonny »
Other than hull in pre season, Gomes has been poor in all the games I’ve seen. Sadlier is a much better player, and playing gomes is pushing sadlier either out the side or out of position.

Dieng
          Whiteman.    Sheaf
                  Ennis

Not according to DM:

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-darren-moore-why-madger-gomes-has-been-side-recently-1328901

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 02, 2019, 12:40:00 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Gomes appears to be the new Lewis Guy. Brilliant in training!

Gomes did have another decent game, I can't remember who it was against, Peterborough?? But on balance he's missing in action more than not. I can't help thinking selections like his inclusion have a negative effect on the rest of the players. I do wonder whether Sadlier is going through the motions and DM has got a job on his hands trying to manage him correctly to get the best from him. Clearly a talented player but recently just not on his game.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 02, 2019, 01:30:22 am by NewDonny »
Gomes appears to be the new Lewis Guy. Brilliant in training!

Gomes did have another decent game, I can't remember who it was against, Peterborough?? But on balance he's missing in action more than not. I can't help thinking selections like his inclusion have a negative effect on the rest of the players. I do wonder whether Sadlier is going through the motions and DM has got a job on his hands trying to manage him correctly to get the best from him. Clearly a talented player but recently just not on his game.

DBR, Sadlier is our top goal scorer who has scored in 3 of our last 4 league games, the last of which was at Wycombe where he was benched and played just 25 minutes. He was also benched in the FA Cup 1st Round replay for all but 3 minutes and then started today up top, he is not a CF he is a wide player. Your suggestion that he has been "going through the motions" as you put it, is frankly absurd and insulting to the player.

« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 01:58:14 am by NewDonny »

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 02, 2019, 08:14:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I dont want to knock Gomes as he clearly has something.  He is technically quite good and works hard.  What he cannot do though is impose himself on a game and can easily go missing.

Harsh reality is he wouldnt get in the side for me that is aiming for promotion.  Maybe he will come good but he is not there yet.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 02, 2019, 09:06:39 am by rover-n-out »
We all know DM has coached at a higher level than this, so maybe the players we have are just not good enough to put his tactics into operation. I'd love to know if this is the case, and if so, should he persevere with this tactic until he trains it into the players, or revert to a system they are more comfortable with? I get it he is trying to improve the way we play, but while ever he persevere's with this, we are gonna get results like yesterday until the lads are comfortable with what he is trying to do. A conundrum indeed.

wabtec

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 02, 2019, 09:51:23 am by wabtec »
Lets stop pussyfooting about,we will do nothing with players like Gomes Thomas and Bingham at the club,If Darren Moore thinks that these players are good enough then you have to question Darren Moores judgement.It is no coincidence that the club are bringing in a new recruitment bloke or whatever title they give him.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 02, 2019, 09:51:39 am by Campsall rover »
We all know DM has coached at a higher level than this, so maybe the players we have are just not good enough to put his tactics into operation. I'd love to know if this is the case, and if so, should he persevere with this tactic until he trains it into the players, or revert to a system they are more comfortable with? I get it he is trying to improve the way we play, but while ever he persevere's with this, we are gonna get results like yesterday until the lads are comfortable with what he is trying to do. A conundrum indeed.
Can’t quite fathom out why he would change a way of playing that was working so well. The old adage of do not try to re invent the wheel comes to mind.
Please Darren just because you have the same 1st name as Fergie please don’t turn into him and start putting round pegs into square holes.  :headbang:
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 11:50:54 am by Campsall rover »

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 02, 2019, 10:57:10 am by Alickismyhero »
Wonder what his thinking is leaving Taylor out unless had a knock as has been very good lately

I did notice that when Taylor was doing the stretching exercises at Wimbledon he avoided stretching the groin! I questioned it at the time.

Padge_DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 02, 2019, 01:26:38 pm by Padge_DRFC »

Dieng
          Whiteman.    Sheaf
                  Ennis

That side fit every week could win the league

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 02, 2019, 02:07:40 pm by RoversAlias »
Sounds to me as though yesterday was just a bad day. Different tactics which didn't work and too many bad performers. It happens. Comments about us not being good enough "week in, week out" and "where are we going" are knee-jerk and unnecessary. Why do we always have this after one defeat?

We aren't in great form but we're still a good side. Injuries haven't helped of late, and we obviously need a proper striker. But people don't half get carried away.

For the record, I wasn't at the game yesterday nor did I watch or follow it - I was at the mercy of paramedics this time yesterday so didn't even know the score until about 7pm.

We have a good chance to put recent woes right next Saturday, at home to a team who are struggling. I hope the fans come out for it as we haven't had much chance to go watch Rovers lately.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 02, 2019, 05:17:11 pm by scawsby steve »
Sounds to me as though yesterday was just a bad day. Different tactics which didn't work and too many bad performers. It happens. Comments about us not being good enough "week in, week out" and "where are we going" are knee-jerk and unnecessary. Why do we always have this after one defeat?

We aren't in great form but we're still a good side. Injuries haven't helped of late, and we obviously need a proper striker. But people don't half get carried away.

For the record, I wasn't at the game yesterday nor did I watch or follow it - I was at the mercy of paramedics this time yesterday so didn't even know the score until about 7pm.

We have a good chance to put recent woes right next Saturday, at home to a team who are struggling. I hope the fans come out for it as we haven't had much chance to go watch Rovers lately.

By God Alias, that sounds scary. Are you OK now mate?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 02, 2019, 06:44:02 pm by steve@dcfd »
Let’s see what happens in January will DM and the new recruitment guy be able to bring in the players we need. If it’s all young lads then we can forget this season for promotion. We need better than what we have in the front four. Players with an overall good game and can score goals. Tactics then won’t come into it we should have players that can play in more than one way. Yesterday we had 6 shots yet only 2 on target.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 02, 2019, 07:34:32 pm by NewDonny »
Let’s see what happens in January will DM and the new recruitment guy be able to bring in the players we need. If it’s all young lads then we can forget this season for promotion. We need better than what we have in the front four. Players with an overall good game and can score goals. Tactics then won’t come into it we should have players that can play in more than one way. Yesterday we had 6 shots yet only 2 on target.

Still banging this drum of yours about needing a better front 4 I see lol, the less said about that the better frankly as its ridiculous, I agree we need a more mobile better CF that can lead the line but that's where it starts and stops - did you watch any of the early season games where for game after game we tore teams to shreds with our front 4?

TBH your comments show a complete lack of knowledge of the game and a naiveness thinking that players should be able to easily adapt to new systems. Teams take weeks even months getting used to playing different systems. The key is to introduce and work with systems that suit the players you have, not shoehorn them into a system that you as a manger want them to play to. Equally, you cannot expect a winger who has never played CF to slot in there and do a job, especially if as a team you continue hitting long high hopeful balls up to him.

You refer to yesterdays game and the lack of chances created, if you were there or watched on TV then you should have noticed we had a front 2 not 4 and a midfield of 5 behind them who's job it was to feed the front 2 which they didn't do because we couldn't get hold of the ball long enough to create anything. I equally notice you chose not to mention Gillingham's goals yesterday, our defence who for the past 5-6 games have been very sloppy bringing the ball out and giving it away cheaply, did it again yesterday and this time we got punished for it, twice within minutes of each other and found ourselves two down very early in the game which is very difficult to recover from. Their third, later in the game in the second half was also down to defensive errors that were worse than the first two.

As RoversAlias and one or two others has already posted, the hysteria on here because we lose a game is ridiculous. We have suffered with key players getting injured, the fact that we don't have a good mobile recognised CF is all that is wrong. With everyone fit and if we were able to pick our strongest side, which others have done on here already today as well then we would be pushing the top 6, cancelled games has also not helped.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 02, 2019, 07:58:58 pm by steve@dcfd »
Hey New Donny are you Sadliers agent or relation. But I know what we played yesterday I know your boy played CF. Not in his and your favoured position. He’s scored Six goals in the league 4 when playing right or left and 2 at CF. But his overall game is poor were ever he plays. The best game for me this season was Peterborough at home when he played on the right side. I watched a lot of football in my 68 years at all levels so I’m not naive as you put it. Majority of the games we have played have suited Sads but his performances have not matched the goals he’s scored.
We need better whether we can afford better is another question.  With a striker and another attacking midfield player we will improve if they are better than what we have. So let’s see we will only know in January. I know you and others don’t like my views but if DM can’t sign better the we will have to accept mediocrity as standard.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 02, 2019, 08:02:38 pm by Campsall rover »
“We need better than what we have in the front 4”  Are you seriously saying that Coppinger Sadlier and Taylor are not good enough, as they are three of our front 4.
We are just a central striker ( centre forward ) short of a formidable front 4 imo.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 02, 2019, 08:22:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
Coppinger I would have in my side. Taylor good pace but lacks finishing and goals. Sadlier again I’ve said can score but I believe his overall performance is not good enough. We haven’t got a consistent quality CF that must be put right. The litmus paper test is, which of those players would get in any of the present top six sides only Copps comes close.
2 new players to add to what we’ve got but they must be better otherwise we will not achieve top six.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 08:27:25 pm by steve@dcfd »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 02, 2019, 08:57:31 pm by NewDonny »
Hey New Donny are you Sadliers agent or relation. But I know what we played yesterday I know your boy played CF. Not in his and your favoured position. He’s scored Six goals in the league 4 when playing right or left and 2 at CF. But his overall game is poor were ever he plays. The best game for me this season was Peterborough at home when he played on the right side. I watched a lot of football in my 68 years at all levels so I’m not naive as you put it. Majority of the games we have played have suited Sads but his performances have not matched the goals he’s scored.
We need better whether we can afford better is another question.  With a striker and another attacking midfield player we will improve if they are better than what we have. So let’s see we will only know in January. I know you and others don’t like my views but if DM can’t sign better the we will have to accept mediocrity as standard.

Whatever or whoever I am is none of your business and you are talking out of your annus horribilis steve my old mate. Age does not make you an authority on football nor indeed how many games you have watched and to suggest that Sadlier's all around performances have been poor strongly points towards you need to visits spec savers. This is the most ridiculous thing I have read on here, but every fans forum has one and you are definitely it.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 02, 2019, 09:25:08 pm by steve@dcfd »

Whatever or whoever I am is none of your business and you are talking out of your annus horribilis steve my old mate. Age does not make you an authority on football nor indeed how many games you have watched and to suggest that Sadlier's all around performances have been poor strongly points towards you need to visits spec savers. This is the most ridiculous thing I have read on here, but every fans forum has one and you are definitely it.

Your view on one player is different to mine I hope he proves me wrong because that means my team and yours, while he’s here, will win more games and score more goals . If you want have a go at me that’s up to you, it means you are leaving others alone,  but it’s water off a ducks back.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 09:27:14 pm by steve@dcfd »

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 02, 2019, 09:49:09 pm by NewDonny »

Your view on one player is different to mine I hope he proves me wrong because that means my team and yours, while he’s here, will win more games and score more goals . If you want have a go at me that’s up to you, it means you are leaving others alone,  but it’s water off a ducks back.

That one player has nothing to prove to you or anyone else, the difference is your too blinkered to see a seriously talented player when you see one lol.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 02, 2019, 10:46:25 pm by Campsall rover »
Sadlier is a very talented player and has the potential to play at a higher level than League 1 imo.
Yes his form has dropped off in the last few weeks but he is not the only one who’s form has dipped.
Taylor likewise has loads of ability but is older and has probably past his peak now.
Yes he doesn’t score enough goals but i wouldn’t want to be a full back when he is running at me with the ball.
With a quality centre forward like Marquis we would now without question imo be in the top 4 in this league with 3 games in hand.
We would have a serious chance of automatic promotion this season.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:57:21 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 02, 2019, 10:55:28 pm by Campsall rover »
Coppinger I would have in my side. Taylor good pace but lacks finishing and goals. Sadlier again I’ve said can score but I believe his overall performance is not good enough. We haven’t got a consistent quality CF that must be put right. The litmus paper test is, which of those players would get in any of the present top six sides only Copps comes close.
2 new players to add to what we’ve got but they must be better otherwise we will not achieve top six.
Disagree with that steve@dcfd we have 3 of the best front players in this league in terms of their creativity. None of those 3 are prolific goal scorers but are all capable of getting 7-12 goals a season & if we had Marquis, Norwood or Toney up front we would be very formidable indeed with a 20+ goals man to lead the line.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 02, 2019, 11:01:01 pm by drfchound »
The trouble is Campsall, twenty goals a season strikers are hard to come by and are usually wanting decent wages.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 02, 2019, 11:05:07 pm by Campsall rover »
The trouble is Campsall, twenty goals a season strikers are hard to come by and are usually wanting decent wages.
Not doubting that hound. But we had one last season and the season before and the season before.
We need to unearth another gem from somewhere. They are out there we just need to get lucky again as we did with JM.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on December 02, 2019, 11:30:53 pm by dickos1 »
Lucky?
Or good recruitment

TinyPortal © 2005-2012