Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 07:32:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Leicester City game and the MK dons games  (Read 19261 times)

Retdon1

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Leicester City game and the MK dons games
« Reply #150 on December 06, 2019, 11:38:31 am by Retdon1 »
  My eleven starters I would like to see tomorrow is
  Dieng
  Halliday
  Wright
  John
  James
  Sheaf
  Whiteman
  Coppinger
  Taylor
  Thomas
  Sadlier
  The subs would be from the normal mix but Blaney,Greaves, and Amos did Ok on Wednesday Lawlor would be the keeper Bingham or May.

The only change I would make is May in for Thomas. I’m not his biggest fan but May was playing well out wide earlier in the season and I think Sadlier is a better option up front than Thomas.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on December 06, 2019, 11:45:31 am by Campsall rover »
  Dieng
  Halliday
  Wright
  John
  James
  Sheaf
  Whiteman
  Coppinger
  Taylor
  Thomas
  Sadlier
  The subs would be from the normal mix but Blaney,Greaves, and Amos did Ok on Wednesday Lawlor would be the keeper Bingham or May.
Agree with that line up. It picks itself for me without Anderson being available.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on December 06, 2019, 12:33:59 pm by selby »
  Retdon1, I would be surprised if you were at either the Gillingham or Leicester City game.
   Were You?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:11:25 pm by selby »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #153 on December 06, 2019, 01:40:22 pm by Campsall rover »
  Dieng
  Halliday
  Wright
  John
  James
  Sheaf
  Whiteman
  Coppinger
  Taylor
  Thomas
  Sadlier

The only change I would make is May in for Thomas. I’m not his biggest fan but May was playing well out wide earlier in the season and I think Sadlier is a better option up front than Thomas.
Why any one thinks Sadlier is a centre forward i don’t know. Earlier in the season DM did not have an option.
Now he has options in Thomas & Bingham. So why waste Sadlier’s talents by playing him out of position.

Alfie is unlikely to score wherever you play him.
Sadlier is very capable of scoring from a wide position in the team and he is much more creative as is Taylor from the other flank.
Alfie can’t go past people, he just runs around looking busy playing safe balls usually sideways or backwards.

That’s the reality of it but if you don’t agree with me then that’s fine by me. We all see things differently even if your wrong Retdon 1   
 :) :) :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 01:42:47 pm by Campsall rover »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on December 06, 2019, 02:31:02 pm by Retdon1 »
  Retdon1, I would be surprised if you were at either the Gillingham or Leicester City game.
   Were You?

I wasn’t at either but watched the Leicester game.... why ?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #155 on December 06, 2019, 02:33:48 pm by Retdon1 »
  Dieng
  Halliday
  Wright
  John
  James
  Sheaf
  Whiteman
  Coppinger
  Taylor
  Thomas
  Sadlier

Why any one thinks Sadlier is a centre forward i don’t know. Earlier in the season DM did not have an option.
Now he has options in Thomas & Bingham. So why waste Sadlier’s talents by playing him out of position.

Alfie is unlikely to score wherever you play him.
Sadlier is very capable of scoring from a wide position in the team and he is much more creative as is Taylor from the other flank.
Alfie can’t go past people, he just runs around looking busy playing safe balls usually sideways or backwards.

That’s the reality of it but if you don’t agree with me then that’s fine by me. We all see things differently even if your wrong Retdon 1   
 :) :) :)

I totally agree that’s sadlier is much better out wide but until Ennis is back fit, Idd rather have him up top instead of Thomas or Bingham. It’s only my opinion but I think both are dreadful.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on December 06, 2019, 02:58:08 pm by selby »
 Retdon1, did you go to the Gillingham or Leicester City games?

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on December 06, 2019, 03:40:22 pm by Retdon1 »
Retdon1, did you go to the Gillingham or Leicester City games?

I wasn’t at either but watched the Leicester game on TV... why ? 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on December 06, 2019, 03:41:28 pm by drfchound »
Is this Groundhog Day?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #159 on December 06, 2019, 04:02:10 pm by swintonrover »
I've never seen anyone with a burning hatred of a player like Selby has for May.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on December 06, 2019, 04:05:51 pm by IDM »
I dunno, I remember mrfrostsdad being much the same about Paul Keegan.. to be honest I don’t know if that was as bad but some folks just don’t like certain players..

I don’t have a big problem with folks holding those opinions, if I think differently it’s because he players have then done ok on the pitch..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #161 on December 06, 2019, 04:12:36 pm by selby »
  Just wondered what you were watching to think that May played better in any of them games than Thomas, he never got near the ball in either game, never got close to Thomas when he was winning flick ons, never took his man on in wide positions, didn't put the ball into the box, never threatened in the box, and a large percentage of the passes he made were backwards to his defenders.
  So just wondered why you would think he should start tomorrow, I suppose I will have to keep on wondering.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #162 on December 06, 2019, 04:37:00 pm by selby »
Swintonrover, I don't hate Alfie May at all,  I don't rate him as a footballer good enough to play at the league level Doncaster Rovers play at, which this forum is a vehicle to discuss the merits of, I have an opinion about him as a player, I certainly don't hate him as a person or as a player, in fact I admire his tenacity and effort the same as most other posters on this forum, and my opinion has been formed watching him play every minute he has played in the first team colours of Doncaster Rovers even in preseason friendlies, and in some academy matches, which we have won very few of I might add, and he has scored very few goals in.
  Thomas is a better player, but people don't rate him, most of who have seen very little of him, and didn't rate him as soon as they saw his past club history.
  I have not done that, I have watched May over quite a few years and games, and have seen nothing to change my mind that he is a great trier without being a good player.
 Don't ever say I hate him, in fact I cannot think of anyone I actually hate.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on December 06, 2019, 04:52:38 pm by steve@dcfd »
Which ever CH pair plays they have to strong calm and collected and defend well. Whichever players play in the attacking third have to score.
If Thomas plays then I would hope we get in good crosses from the left and right to give him a chance of scoring.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on December 06, 2019, 05:03:48 pm by Campsall rover »
Which ever CH pair plays they have to strong calm and collected and defend well. Whichever players play in the attacking third have to score.
If Thomas plays then I would hope we get in good crosses from the left and right to give him a chance of scoring.
Strikers are only as good as the service they get unless they are called Messi, Ronaldo or the like. They create their own chances more often than not.
Thomas will score goals if he receives quality service as he got at Southend.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:06:22 pm by Campsall rover »

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on December 06, 2019, 05:15:27 pm by Retdon1 »
  Just wondered what you were watching to think that May played better in any of them games than Thomas, he never got near the ball in either game, never got close to Thomas when he was winning flick ons, never took his man on in wide positions, didn't put the ball into the box, never threatened in the box, and a large percentage of the passes he made were backwards to his defenders.
  So just wondered why you would think he should start tomorrow, I suppose I will have to keep on wondering.

I also am wondering what you saw in Thomas performance to suggest he should start up front. He’s poor and miles of the pace, same with Bingham. If u read my initial post I said I wasn’t Mays biggest fan, ideally he wouldn’t be anywhere near the side but we have very little options in the forward positions. Gomez for me isn’t good enough either. We really don’t have many good options in the forward positions

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #166 on December 06, 2019, 05:17:34 pm by selby »
Paul, look at the heading again please

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on December 06, 2019, 05:20:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
Strikers are only as good as the service they get unless they are called Messi, Ronaldo or the like. They create their own chances more often than not.
Thomas will score goals if he receives quality service as he got at Southend.
Yes as you say if Thomas is to score he needs quality service from left and right. The missing link from the Southend game will be Amos, who can put in a quality cross from the left or right with his left foot.
So we can only hope that Taylor, Sadlier, Halliday, James and Copps if in that position can provide the quality crosses.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:23:45 pm by steve@dcfd »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #168 on December 06, 2019, 05:21:53 pm by Drover »
Sorry if its already been mentioned,I've not read the whole thread,but I just seen MK Dons have had a red card in each of their last 4 matches!,infact 5 in last 6 matches,If they are a dirty team,I hope we don't get a lenient referee.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #169 on December 06, 2019, 05:22:19 pm by Campsall rover »

I also am wondering what you saw in Thomas performance to suggest he should start up front. He’s poor and miles of the pace, same with Bingham. If u read my initial post I said I wasn’t Mays biggest fan, ideally he wouldn’t be anywhere near the side but we have very little options in the forward positions. Gomez for me isn’t good enough either. We really don’t have many good options in the forward positions
He gives you an outlet up front. Someone to hit. He is very good at flick on headers. Holds the ball up, well some of the time he does. Tends to fall over a bit easy when under the close attention of a centre back.
The point is he is the best option we have without Ennis. Simple as that.
We do need better, but Sadlier is not the answer in that position. No way.
My opinion of course.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:26:45 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #170 on December 06, 2019, 05:23:56 pm by Campsall rover »
Paul, look at the heading again please
Sorry Brian I noticed 5 mins ago and deleted my post. Sorry I can’t read.  :facepalm:

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #171 on December 06, 2019, 05:26:33 pm by steve@dcfd »

He gives you an outlet up front. Someone to hit. He is very good at flick on headers. Holds the ball up, well some of the time he does. Tends to fall over a bit easy when under the close attention of a centre back.

The point is he is the best option we have without Ennis. Simple as that. We do need better but Sadlier is not the answer in that position. No way.  My opinion of course.
If we are to get the best out of Thomas it’s not just flick ons but get to the bye line and provide quality crosses, where he won’t have his back to goal or rely on any sort of pace.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on December 06, 2019, 05:28:54 pm by selby »
  Thomas should have had a penalty when he drew the player into it, and hit the post with a header he won in a crowded area while under pressure, I am not sure what you want anymore  out of a striker who otherwise had no or very little service in the game. He also won more than his share of balls in the air and on the ground down the central areas, more than we have been used to seeing since Marquis left, held the ball up well with his defender close behind him, and laid the ball off to support players.
  He looks quicker and fitter than when he first came to us, what did you see in his game that he did poorly?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #173 on December 06, 2019, 05:39:27 pm by Campsall rover »
Unfortunately some people have made their minds up that he is useless from the moment he first stepped on to the Keepmoat pitch.
Came from a non league background so can’t possibly be any good can he?

Strange though people love Alfie because he runs all over the pitch and gives 100% effort but has no end product.

Seems to be, some people are wearing blinkers.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 05:43:14 pm by Campsall rover »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on December 06, 2019, 05:50:14 pm by Campsall rover »
Sorry if its already been mentioned,I've not read the whole thread,but I just seen MK Dons have had a red card in each of their last 4 matches!,infact 5 in last 6 matches,If they are a dirty team,I hope we don't get a lenient referee.
If that’s the case Drover they should have a few out suspended tomorrow.
We need to take advantage and use this game to get a cracking win, hopefully a few goals and the all important 3 points.
Oh and of course a hat trick from Thomas.  :that:

But as I said before I will take a 1-0 scrappy win. Any win. Just let’s WIN.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #175 on December 06, 2019, 07:57:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Unfortunately some people have made their minds up that he is useless from the moment he first stepped on to the Keepmoat pitch.
Came from a non league background so can’t possibly be any good can he?

Strange though people love Alfie because he runs all over the pitch and gives 100% effort but has no end product.

Seems to be, some people are wearing blinkers.

Emotive words there is a difference of being useless as you put it and not being good enough for a top six side. We have fringe players such as Alfie and two short term signings and even some of our U23 players, at this moment, who do their best but will they score enough goals to win games. We need better so the front four can provide enough goals.
Goals win games and if all those players performances were good but we don’t score then we don’t win. So let’s see what happens tomorrow.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
'MK Dons' or whatever name they stole this week to call themselves - have two players out suspended tomorrow. These are George Williams and Baily Cargill. Both are defenders. Williams looks like more of a first team player than the other guy.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #177 on December 06, 2019, 09:53:37 pm by drfchound »
'MK Dons' or whatever name they stole this week to call themselves - have two players out suspended tomorrow. These are George Williams and Baily Cargill. Both are defenders. Williams looks like more of a first team player than the other guy.

.......and yet the DROS has Cargill marked as “one to watch”.
Will Jordan Houghton be playing for them.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
FA has the lad banned for three games from 23.11.2019 to 21.12.2019.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
These thieves are truly dreadful. Last 11 games in League One they have lost 10 of these and drawn 1. In 8 of these games they have failed to score. They have lost five away games in a row.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012