Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 07:02:48 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Leicester City game and the MK dons games  (Read 19449 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Leicester City game and the MK dons games
« Reply #30 on December 03, 2019, 09:48:37 pm by drfchound »
I don’t know about attendances dropping vicar if we lose this game against Leicester U21’s.
Plenty of Rovers fans aren't bothered about this competition and I bet some won’t even know we have game tomorrow.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 03, 2019, 09:57:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Not easy undefeated in the competition and 3rd in there league, we need to go very strong or we will get beat and the attendances will drop after the last few games

I don't think losing to Leicester will make any difference to anyone Dave. Not enough people are interested in that Cup. It's the next 3 League games that will affect attendances if we do badly, as they're all games we should be winning.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 03, 2019, 10:36:35 pm by selby »
  Hound, if we get further into the competition hopefully more interest will be forthcoming from our supporters.
  We enter three first team cup competitions the first creates interest at the start of the
season, and lasted until the second Tuesday of  the season away at Grimsby, who went on to play Chelsea away in a later round. A chance spurned and no or very little return financially. The FA cup has seen us play three games with a total of about 10 thousand total spectators at reduced prices,  if we had  not got the first round prize money we would have lost money playing the fixtures, while our conquerors have once again a plum draw, and are laughing all the way to the bank, and have interest in the club until after Christmas.
   Tomorrow night we are in the knockout stages by default really, losing two of three first round games, again in front of small crowds at reduced prices, and will have had all on to cover our expenses in all the games, and will also do well tomorrow night to do so.
  Our only chance of getting any reward financially is probably to get to the Northern final and to the final itself at Wembley.
   We have been repeatedly shocking at knock out football for years, with the resulting lack of interest by our  support that has had only a couple of cup runs over quite a number of years to create interest, and bring much needed funds into the club.
  It is time the powers that be question our approach to these competitions, and why our supporters should travel the length and breadth of the country, only to be repeatedly let down, and be faced with part first team part second teams being put out, or served up with performances like they were at Gillingham, which was nothing else but pathetic.
  And Steve, if we win the next five games it will not put a thousand a game on the gate in mid winter, and we are half way nearly through the season, one good gate in that competition cover ten games in the league.
  We are behind with fixtures and no way will you get a walk up of significance twice a week if you have two games at home for a league games, you are talking £40+ for an adult.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 03, 2019, 10:43:02 pm by scawsby steve »
  Hound, if we get further into the competition hopefully more interest will be forthcoming from our supporters.
  We enter three first team cup competitions the first creates interest at the start of the
season, and lasted until the second Tuesday of  the season away at Grimsby, who went on to play Chelsea away in a later round. A chance spurned and no or very little return financially. The FA cup has seen us play three games with a total of about 10 thousand total spectators at reduced prices,  if we had  not got the first round prize money we would have lost money playing the fixtures, while our conquerors have once again a plum draw, and are laughing all the way to the bank, and have interest in the club until after Christmas.
   Tomorrow night we are in the knockout stages by default really, losing two of three first round games, again in front of small crowds at reduced prices, and will have had all on to cover our expenses in all the games, and will also do well tomorrow night to do so.
  Our only chance of getting any reward financially is probably to get to the Northern final and to the final itself at Wembley.
   We have been repeatedly shocking at knock out football for years, with the resulting lack of interest by our  support that has had only a couple of cup runs over quite a number of years to create interest, and bring much needed funds into the club.
  It is time the powers that be question our approach to these competitions, and why our supporters should travel the length and breadth of the country, only to be repeatedly let down, and be faced with part first team part second teams being put out, or served up with performances like they were at Gillingham, which was nothing else but pathetic.
  And Steve, if we win the next five games it will not put a thousand a game on the gate in mid winter, and we are half way nearly through the season, one good gate in that competition cover ten games in the league.
  We are behind with fixtures and no way will you get a walk up of significance twice a week if you have two games at home for a league games, you are talking £40+ for an adult.

I wasn't talking about attendances going up Brian, I was talking about them going down; and they will do if we fail in the next 3 games, significantly.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 03, 2019, 10:49:43 pm by drfchound »

Hi selby mate, I still don’t think that this Leasing cup thing is a recognised first team fixture and my view is enhanced by the fact that Anderson’s suspension isn’t included in his three match ban.
In fact, he will probably play in the Leicester match.

IF. We progress and all of the U21 teams are eliminated then I might consider going to a game but in reality I am not too bothered about what is actually a development team match.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 03, 2019, 11:58:15 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Rovers are a delusional 11/10 to win on Wednesday (probably will drift out to 6/4) and funnily enough a team wearing MK Dons shirts beat a team wearing Coventry shirts 2-0 . I'll let others decide the strength of both teams there.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 04, 2019, 09:00:06 am by Campsall rover »
Not easy undefeated in the competition and 3rd in there league, we need to go very strong or we will get beat and the attendances will drop after the last few games
We only get 1.500 home fans for any of these games any way. The result of this match won’t make one jot of a difference to the gates for league games.
If though we get to the last stages, semi and Final it will then create positive publicity for the club which will increase interest and our league gates may increase.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 09:55:49 am by Campsall rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 04, 2019, 11:59:11 am by selby »
I can only see us at the moment having cash flow problems, we have had very few home games, and the walk up payments are now minimal in league fixtures as most supporters take advantage of the cheaper per game season ticket.
   That is why cup football is so important to clubs in the lower leagues, and peoples dis interest and in the competitions where the gates are cash only hurt the club they support, and the reason I am so against our manager fielding any team that is weakened in any of these competitions.
  They know exactly the limitations of any of the playing staff, they watch them train every day, and if they are not involved in first team league matches it is because they are not deemed good enough by the management teams.
  So why join the fashion of experimenting in competitions that can be so lucrative? if we win three league games we will only put probably 500 on the fourth fixture, probably less at this time of the year especially in mid week on cold frosty nights.
   I would look anyone straight in the eye and deny me that we as a club have taken our supporters, and the cup competitions for fools for quite a few seasons now by managers taking cup competitions lightly and fielding weakened sides, and by doing so have helped to  make our own support less interested in going to the games, and have also thrown a fortune away in both gate money and prize money, not to mention the publicity.
  It is time to sort it out, and for the good of the club, go to places like Grimsby, Rochdale, Notts County, Newcastle U21s, Gillingam, and one show some intention of one being interested, and two trying to win a game of football that can enhance the club financially, and supporters carping on later that it doesn't matter to them, and the next week questioning the bloody budget.

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 04, 2019, 12:21:19 pm by donnyspadge »
Can you get the ticket tonight for the game?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 04, 2019, 12:38:30 pm by selby »
 Of course, I do not know about pay on the gate, but the ticket office will be open up to kick off, or phone up prior and pick up the ticket at a window provided near the ticket office a steward would direct you to, and would save you queuing.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 04, 2019, 04:52:04 pm by scawsby steve »
I can only see us at the moment having cash flow problems, we have had very few home games, and the walk up payments are now minimal in league fixtures as most supporters take advantage of the cheaper per game season ticket.
   That is why cup football is so important to clubs in the lower leagues, and peoples dis interest and in the competitions where the gates are cash only hurt the club they support, and the reason I am so against our manager fielding any team that is weakened in any of these competitions.
  They know exactly the limitations of any of the playing staff, they watch them train every day, and if they are not involved in first team league matches it is because they are not deemed good enough by the management teams.
  So why join the fashion of experimenting in competitions that can be so lucrative? if we win three league games we will only put probably 500 on the fourth fixture, probably less at this time of the year especially in mid week on cold frosty nights.
   I would look anyone straight in the eye and deny me that we as a club have taken our supporters, and the cup competitions for fools for quite a few seasons now by managers taking cup competitions lightly and fielding weakened sides, and by doing so have helped to  make our own support less interested in going to the games, and have also thrown a fortune away in both gate money and prize money, not to mention the publicity.
  It is time to sort it out, and for the good of the club, go to places like Grimsby, Rochdale, Notts County, Newcastle U21s, Gillingam, and one show some intention of one being interested, and two trying to win a game of football that can enhance the club financially, and supporters carping on later that it doesn't matter to them, and the next week questioning the bloody budget.

You're missing the point about league games Brian. The aim of them is to get into the Championship, which would bring greater financial rewards than any cup competition.

If DM feels none of that should be compromised, and therefore is cautious with team selections for cup games, then so be it.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 04, 2019, 05:53:18 pm by NickDRFC »
Where was the caution in team selection at Gillingham? We played our strongest 11 available other than Taylor who you could argue was due a rest anyway. We lost because pretty much to a man we didn’t turn up, not because there’s some deep institutionalised bias against cup competitions. We’ve had performances like that in the league in the past few years as well.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on December 04, 2019, 06:02:06 pm by selby »
  Steve , I am sorry i don't see it at all. apart from the odd season we have achieved nothing in cup football, played weakened sides in cup football and consequently gone out of the competitions after one or  in good years two games, and it has not helped our standing in the league one iota in my opinion playing less games in those seasons. We have paid more by the fact of a broken fixture list this season affecting our form because we have not played, not because we have played too many, but because we have had no continuation of fixtures, people cannot have it both ways.
  Good sides are built around partnerships in central defence and up front, and a team as a whole knowing where other players are on the field, and having confidence in your team mates around you. Many of the greatest sides are never the same when just a couple of players leave or get injured ( Man City this season) and it is the same down the leagues.
  Nick I added Gillingham to emphasise showing interest and I will now add effort.
  When you have a good side play it, only change it through injury, it pays off and everyone at the club know exactly where they stand, to get the shirt, you have to be the best at the club, and if fixtures get hectic, change and relax the training schedule to compensate. It has all been done before.
  After all Nottingham Forest were sent on a weeks holiday while Keegan and his Hamburg mates sweated it out on the training ground for a couple of weeks. Guess who won the European cup.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 04, 2019, 06:19:02 pm by the vicar »

I don't think losing to Leicester will make any difference to anyone Dave. Not enough people are interested in that Cup. It's the next 3 League games that will affect attendances if we do badly, as they're all games we should be winning.
Steve to the fans that tont go tonight it will make a difference it just goes down to another defeat

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on December 04, 2019, 06:28:18 pm by scawsby steve »

Steve to the fans that tont go tonight it will make a difference it just goes down to another defeat

You might be right about that Dave; I've got us down for a win in the P v O competition.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 04, 2019, 07:33:53 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Rovers are a delusional 11/10 to win on Wednesday (probably will drift out to 6/4) and funnily enough a team wearing MK Dons shirts beat a team wearing Coventry shirts 2-0 . I'll let others decide the strength of both teams there.

almost 6/4 rovers now
https://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/efl-trophy/doncaster-v-leicester-u21/winner

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 04, 2019, 07:36:52 pm by steve@dcfd »
Playing three at back and no Sadlier there will posters pulling teeth about tactics

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 04, 2019, 08:03:46 pm by NewDonny »
Playing three at back and no Sadlier there will posters pulling teeth about tactics

Not atall, changing the system from the weekend would be an admittance that the system didn't work so has to stick to it after laying the blame entirely at the players door for Sundays defeat.

BTW, there's no Sheaf, Coppinger, James or Wright either.....................

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 04, 2019, 08:32:48 pm by steve@dcfd »
Or John making sure they are ready for Saturday along with Sads

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 04, 2019, 08:35:05 pm by drfchound »
To be honest, I thought DM would leave Whiteman out tonight so that he didn’t pick up a knock ahead of the MKDons game.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 04, 2019, 08:35:26 pm by NewDonny »
Or John making sure they are ready for Saturday along with Sads

And Dieng

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 04, 2019, 08:36:08 pm by dknward2 »
Hope Ennis is on the bench

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 04, 2019, 08:50:20 pm by steve@dcfd »
Not back till next week Ennis

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 04, 2019, 09:11:01 pm by the vicar »
This is a terrible performance for rovers, we are getting a right football lesson. 2-0 down now

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 04, 2019, 09:34:00 pm by the vicar »
3-0

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 04, 2019, 09:35:13 pm by since-1969 »
I doubt this result will give DM a sleepless night. Nine changes says it all . Giving players who don’t feature a run out . With the league his main priority and with games in hand stacking up it’s going to be about keeping players focused and fit .
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:39:58 pm by since-1969 »

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
How bad was it?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on December 04, 2019, 09:49:24 pm by dknward2 »
The only issue I can start to see is players confidence starts to take a hit

2 big defeats and no goals scored we really need to start just getting some clean sheets

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 04, 2019, 09:50:03 pm by swintonrover »
How bad was it?

Awful. Didn't look interested at all, we had absolutely nothing apart from a scrappy goal line clearance from a corner and a stonewall penalty turned down.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012