Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 04:47:06 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Leicester City game and the MK dons games  (Read 19259 times)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Leicester City game and the MK dons games
« Reply #60 on December 04, 2019, 09:54:15 pm by steve@dcfd »
Without Copps we don’t have creativity. Only Sadlier as a chance to score. My soap box we need better in January, three players at least. Bingham and Thomas can go.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on December 04, 2019, 09:56:00 pm by drfchound »
Did Sadlier get on the pitch tonight.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 04, 2019, 10:01:08 pm by steve@dcfd »
Copps and Sadlier to start on Saturday. Taylor and after that I give up. Young lads not ready.

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on December 04, 2019, 10:01:25 pm by rich1471 »
no

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 04, 2019, 10:01:41 pm by the vicar »
I doubt this result will give DM a sleepless night. Nine changes says it all . Giving players who don’t feature a run out . With the league his main priority and with games in hand stacking up it’s going to be about keeping players focused and fit .
yes they were very focused on Sunday and the last few games NOT

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 04, 2019, 10:02:42 pm by the vicar »
There was a  lot not ready for me.  And it is no good having games in hand if we aren't winning them
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 10:19:39 pm by the vicar »

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on December 04, 2019, 10:18:48 pm by DD »
That was garbage - absolute garbage.
Concerns mounting for Moore

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on December 04, 2019, 10:20:25 pm by 5 on Tour »
How bad was it?

Bad would be a compliment. Devoid of ideas, creativity, the ability to pass a ball and any resemblance to a team playing together.

Daniels looked like the football had a bomb inside it and if he didn’t pass it to a Leicester player it would go off. Lawlor can NOT pass a ball to anyone ever. The whole of midfield look awful in this 3-4-1-2 system.

Taylor ran his danglies off and Thomas is improving all the time. Other than those 2 however it was poor. Greaves looked ok and with game time should improve.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on December 04, 2019, 10:20:35 pm by the vicar »
I agree something has got to change

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 04, 2019, 10:22:30 pm by steve@dcfd »
The thing this week as shown that none of the U23 players are ready for the first team. Bingham and Thomas should not be kept in January.
No Sterling, hopefully Ennis can come back, no Blair . DM has limited players to pick.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on December 04, 2019, 10:26:08 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
it's nice to see Selby finally getting into the black friday spirit (read two threads at once) and we can all save on time that's called a 50% discount  :chair: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

it's such a shame Rovers decided to have a "black Sunday"  :crying: :crying: :crying:

now does anyone know the difference between Leicester under 23's and leicester under 21's ?

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1499016/citys-youngsters-away-at-doncaster-in-efl-trophy/press-release

Leicester City U23s 4 Derby County U23s 1
All the images from Holmes Park as Leicester City's Development Squad make it six wins in a row  :crying: with victory over Derby County.
https://www.lcfc.com/galleries/1505143/leicester-city-u23s-4--derby-county-u23s-1

at the moment the forecast doesn't look that good against these lot  whatever side Rovers put out

when the Leicester team is announced does anyone fancy checking how many out of the 6 wins in a row mob turn out compared to the Derby match ?.

of course this match could have a silver lining if one of their youngsters could  "strike" a loan deal here.

Lincoln got one from Everton on loan after the match this season

i am sure you all remember when a Bloke called Dodoo made his debut for Leicester against Bury and scored a hattrick then went on loan almost immediately to Bury and his career went downhill from there

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/aug/26/leicester-city-joe-dodoo-bury-hat-trick

perhaps since Rovers were "all at sea tonight " they might consider signing an Admiral - not any Admiral but a ringer who scored two goals tonight    - as an on loan striker -- after all i am sure the "admiral" offers a "good insurance policy" :rolleyes:

"The opener arrived in eye-catching fashion, with a bullocking run on the left from Calvin Ughelumba ending in him threading through an inch-perfect cross which was finished clinically by Admiral Muskwe, a full international for Zimbabwe no less, with his low strike flying past Ian Lawlor."

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/football/doncaster-rovers-0-leicester-city-u21s-3-no-cup-tonic-as-rovers-outfoxed-by-leicester-s-youngsters-1-10138115

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 04, 2019, 10:28:06 pm by rich1471 »
The thing this week as shown that none of the U23 players are ready for the first team. Bingham and Thomas should not be kept in January.
No Sterling, hopefully Ennis can come back, no Blair . DM has limited players to pick.
Bingham and Thomas should not be kept in January, they should not be kept after this week both were bad can take May with them as well

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
I really hope Darren knows these players arent up to it and deals with it.  His is the weirdest season I can remember. No flow to the games played, no momentum, a disjointed side with too many changes. It's not positive.

But there is at least christmas soon and a transfer window.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 04, 2019, 10:33:58 pm by the vicar »
Bingham and Thomas should not be kept in January, they should not be kept after this week both were bad can take May with them as well
in defence of May he was the only one trying, the ball never came to him as we never got near enough to goal

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on December 04, 2019, 10:35:51 pm by scawsby steve »
It all comes down to what's been said on here time after time. Some people are of the opinion that we only need a bit of a tweak in January.

If that's the case, forget about the top 6.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 04, 2019, 10:36:47 pm by drfchound »
It is such a shame that the Tranmere match was cancelled.
After hammering Southend I bet the players were bursting for the next game to come along.
The momentum seems to have been lost big time and it is often hard to get it back.
We haven’t had a home league game for over a month.
Although we would be in a good position in the league table if we got say seven (or better still....nine) points from our games in hand, you can’t beat getting on a good run of winning games.
I think it is fair to think that we would have beaten both Bolton and Tranmere at the time that the games were called off and that would have made a considerable difference to us.
DM has his hands full getting us back on track and I hope it starts on Saturday.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 04, 2019, 10:37:28 pm by the vicar »
Gavin said we are only going to tweek the team but in my view we need a few players and not just kids we need experienced

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on December 04, 2019, 10:42:15 pm by the vicar »
It is no good having games in hand if we aren't winning games in the first place, teams know how to play us now but we can't change our system during a game we don't know how

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on December 04, 2019, 10:45:18 pm by Campsall rover »
The best 3 players for us tonight were Halliday, Amos & Blaney.
2 of them went off at half time Halliday & Blaney. So Amos rightly got m.o.m. As he got a full game.
That was desperately poor tonight. Leicester were sharper, and their movement was far superior to ours. We were far too static. Based on that Thomas and Bingham are going backwards and neither looked like they would score if they stayed out there all night. Partly not their fault as no service but they just were not quick enough in thought or movement to get on the end of anything that came into the box.
Greaves does not look any where near ready for 1st team football and Sheaf was badly missed in midfield.
Alfie May well don’t know what he was doing but every time he gets the ball he turns  backwards and plays a negative ball. Never seems prepared to run at any one and try to go past his opponent. Probably because he is not capable. Simply put not good enough.
Lawlor has gone backward in all departments and is completely lacking in confidence.

This team tonight admittedly not our strongest starting 11 looked a pale shadow of the team that took teams apart earlier in the season and only 6 weeks ago at Southend.
I don’t know what has gone wrong but it needs addressing quickly or our season is going to disintegrate.
It is a very long time since i have been so negative on a Rovers performance.
If we were worse than that on Sunday it must have been bad. Very bad.

Saturday is massive. We need a win, any old scrappy win. Winning breeds confidence and there doesn’t seem to be much of that just at the moment.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Recapping my post on ‘MK Dons’ or whatever name these thieves have stolen this week - they are absolutely atrocious. Nobody in English professional football is on as poor a run as them. Losing 11 of their last 12 and drawing the other. A single point out of 33. These guys are a total disgrace to professional sport. We need to be putting them properly away.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on December 04, 2019, 10:50:32 pm by drfchound »
2 of them went off at half time Halliday & Blaney. So Amos rightly got m.o.m. As he got a full game.
That was desperately poor tonight. Leicester were sharper, and their movement was far superior to ours. We were far too static. Based on that Thomas and Bingham are going backwards and neither looked like they would score if they stayed out there all night. Partly not their fault as no service but they just were not quick enough in thought or movement to get on the end of anything that came into the box.
Greaves does not look any where near ready for 1st team football and Sheaf was badly missed in midfield.
Alfie May well don’t know what he was doing but every time he gets the ball he turns  backwards and plays a negative ball. Never seems prepared to run at any one and try to go past his opponent. Probably because he is not capable. Simply put not good enough.
Lawlor has gone backward in all departments and is completely lacking in confidence.

This team tonight admittedly not our strongest starting 11 looked a pale shadow of the team that took teams apart earlier in the season and only 6 weeks ago at Southend.
I don’t know what has gone wrong but it needs addressing quickly or our season is going to disintegrate.

Saturday is massive. We need a win, any old scrappy win. Winning breeds confidence and there doesn’t seem to be much of that just at the moment.

Paul, the team tonight would look like a pale shadow of the one that battered Southend though wouldn’t it.
Because it was nothing like the same eleven out there.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on December 04, 2019, 11:00:06 pm by Donnywolf »
I was hoping we took the Game seriously - and when I saw the starting 11 - I was relatively pleased

I always think that a Div 1 team as good as we are (or can be) should maybe beat Under 21s about 8 times in 10

However the way we actually played we would probably have lost all 10 games to them

D-I-R-E overstates how good we were

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on December 04, 2019, 11:04:40 pm by the vicar »
Recapping my post on ‘MK Dons’ or whatever name these thieves have stolen this week - they are absolutely atrocious. Nobody in English professional football is on as poor a run as them. Losing 11 of their last 12 and drawing the other. A single point out of 33. These guys are a total disgrace to professional sport. We need to be putting them properly away.
with that record it's a loss or a draw then, as we are good at giving teams there first point /points in aged

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on December 04, 2019, 11:09:33 pm by the vicar »
It was like men and boys out there tonight and we was not the men we got a football lesson

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on December 04, 2019, 11:26:40 pm by Campsall rover »

Paul, the team tonight would look like a pale shadow of the one that battered Southend though wouldn’t it.
Because it was nothing like the same eleven out there.
No it wasn’t the same team that started at Southend but it was strong enough to have done much much better than that performance i saw tonight.
Halliday, Daniels, Anderson, Whiteman, Taylor & Thomas all started at Southend. Wright, Gomes & May were on the bench at Southend and all featured tonight. Wright & May started and Gomes came on as a sub.

They were a pale shadow of 6 weeks ago, all of them.

Deing, James, Sheaf, Copps and Sadlier were the only ones not to get on the pitch tonight who played a at Southend.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 11:29:45 pm by Campsall rover »

ZiggerZagger

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on December 04, 2019, 11:44:16 pm by ZiggerZagger »
D-Day for Darren on Saturday, never heard so many mutterings about a very poor performance, or words of that effect.
If they score first on Saturday, it will light the paper, get ready because, in my eyes, there was something a miss tonight. Certain players didn't seem to be playing fully, more of a half hearted type of performance. Something behind the scenes isn't right, and tonight, it showed. Need a plan B.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on December 04, 2019, 11:50:24 pm by Campsall rover »
D-Day for Darren on Saturday, never heard so many mutterings about a very poor performance, or words of that effect.
If they score first on Saturday, it will light the paper, get ready because, in my eyes, there was something a miss tonight. Certain players didn't seem to be playing fully, more of a half hearted type of performance. Something behind the scenes isn't right, and tonight, it showed. Need a plan B.
No we don’t need a plan B. What we need is to get back to basics and play the formation and team which outplayed, Fleetwood, Lincoln, ipswich, (Drew) Rotherham, Peterborough, Portsmouth (even though we lost that one) Bristol Rovers & Southend.
Unfortunately Ennis is injured so we have a striker problem.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:00:40 am by Campsall rover »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on December 05, 2019, 12:23:26 am by selby »
  Well that is another cup game lost before a ball has been kicked with the team being picked.
    Just add it to a long list of poor dis-interesting performances aided by the selection of side containing as many reserves as first team players.
     On to the second game, and can we avoid yet again our well known knack of getting a team it's first win in ages, and allowing them to start a winning set of results.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on December 05, 2019, 12:32:36 am by NewDonny »
No we don’t need a plan B. What we need is to get back to basics and play the formation and team which outplayed, Fleetwood, Lincoln, ipswich, (Drew) Rotherham, Peterborough, Portsmouth (even though we lost that one) Bristol Rovers & Southend.
Unfortunately Ennis is injured so we have a striker problem.

Spot on!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on December 05, 2019, 12:38:13 am by RoversAlias »
Please. D-Day for Darren? Panic stations yet again from some corners of the fanbase any time we lose or are on a bit of a bad run.

I'm not excusing back-to-back 3-0 defeats. But anyone talking about the manager not being up to it or stoking conspiracy theories is being ridiculous in my opinion.

We need a run of league games with a consistent XI to get going again and thankfully we now have that opportunity, December weather permitting. One or two wins in the next couple of weeks and it all looks bright again.

Clearly we need better strength in depth and I would hope Moore and Baldwin are aware of that. I expect they are and that, now Adam Henshall has arrived, they are all working hard to identify players who will improve this squad in January.

Campsall - I understand the frustration tonight but it hasn't been that long since you, me and everyone else had good reason to be very negative about Rovers performances. It's only been three years since the shambolic relegation under Ferguson and, really, only 18 months since some of the most tepid performances in recent memory from his Rovers side too.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012