Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 12:21:36 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Liam Hoden  (Read 4317 times)

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
Liam Hoden
« on December 02, 2019, 11:31:52 am by Wiltshire Exile »
 See his twitter account here:

https://twitter.com/liamhoden?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Apparently, “restructure has pushed me aside and down.”

Any views?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 02:00:00 pm by Wiltshire Exile »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: And yet another one leaving......
« Reply #1 on December 02, 2019, 01:56:29 pm by RoversAlias »
He's stated he will still be covering Rovers and will reveal more later today, so don't think he's going anywhere, just loved to a new job post.

BobG

• VSC Member
Re: Liam Hoden
« Reply #2 on December 02, 2019, 11:15:50 pm by BobG »
Being re-organised out of a job, or having to apply for your own job are very well known tactics. Favorites can be rewarded. Awkward sods punished. And, of course, it's always because of a pressing need to 'fit the business for the challenges we face'. It keeps every bugger on their toes every minute of every day too. You never know when the next 're-org' will come into view.... Pick of the trade unionists too. Dead easy.

BobG

swifty50

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 03, 2019, 06:32:49 am by swifty50 »
Too true Bob, my mate has gone through this with Asda, Sig new contract or your sacked, beware the Americans are coming

BigH

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 03, 2019, 07:00:24 am by BigH »
Too true Bob, my mate has gone through this with Asda, Sig new contract or your sacked, beware the Americans are coming
They're already here Swifty!

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 03, 2019, 07:00:54 am by Draytonian III »
As I’ve posted on another thread in the Off Topic section,I’ve got a job at minimum rate, but my hours don’t change, it was tried a few years back but nothing got done as the workforce were to thinly spread

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 03, 2019, 08:30:17 am by Colin C No.3 »
Restructuring, reorganisation, flexibility, working smarter not harder, they’re all ‘buzz words/sentences’ that in reality mean ‘Watch your back there are redundancies coming’.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 03, 2019, 08:42:40 am by RoversAlias »
Hoden's new role is that he is essentially exclusively covering Rovers now. So it'll be business as usual as far as we're concerned.

CottyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 03, 2019, 10:12:38 am by CottyRover »
Hoden's new role is that he is essentially exclusively covering Rovers now. So it'll be business as usual as far as we're concerned.

Glad to hear that, I for one am quite happy with the DFP coverage. Missing the video blogs they were doing earlier in the season though.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 03, 2019, 10:38:38 am by bobbymax »
Being re-organised out of a job, or having to apply for your own job are very well known tactics. Favorites can be rewarded. Awkward sods punished. And, of course, it's always because of a pressing need to 'fit the business for the challenges we face'. It keeps every bugger on their toes every minute of every day too. You never know when the next 're-org' will come into view.... Pick of the trade unionists too. Dead easy.

I've been 'reorganised' twice, first time in 1993 when I refused to sign a new contract which would have meant longer hours and unacceptable safety risks. Second time in 2009 when I was offered promotion to replace my retiring boss on £16,000 pa less or stay where I was and suffer a £3,000 pa pay cut. I told both of them where they could shove it and have never regretted it. Have worked for myself now for 10 years and have no plans for reorganisation any time soon.

BobG

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 03, 2019, 12:41:08 pm by Chris Black come back »
He is a good guy who writes with balance about Rovers. Enjoy reading his stuff especially trying to make sense of what little Moore ever reveals in his interviews.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 03, 2019, 05:35:54 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
ok here's a quiz question and I am very serious

what year was it that the Free Press discovered DRFC actually existed and started reporting on them. I have alway wondered when they "made the discovery"

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 03, 2019, 06:49:56 pm by roversontheup »
Can’t answer about the Free Press but I used to read Rovers reports in the Doncaster Evening Star (think that’s what it was called) back in the seventies.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 03, 2019, 07:33:52 pm by drfchound »

Asda is part of the Walmart group.

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 03, 2019, 08:20:47 pm by phil o sophical »
Can’t answer about the Free Press but I used to read Rovers reports in the Doncaster Evening Star (think that’s what it was called) back in the seventies.

I can just about remember reading the Green Un
back the day

phil o sophical

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 03, 2019, 08:24:18 pm by phil o sophical »
Or even back in the day. God knows when that was tho

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 03, 2019, 08:37:06 pm by graingrover »
The best part in terms of’Rovers’ ( as Darren would say ) coverage always comes from Liam and his vlogs .

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 03, 2019, 09:30:27 pm by Lifelong supporter »

what year was it that the Free Press discovered DRFC actually existed and started reporting on them. I have alway wondered when they "made the discovery"

Dunno but I once met the old editor in the 1960s and he was reporting on them before the Second World war.
But maybe not for the Free Press.
I can remember reading reports in there in the 60s though.

albie

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 03, 2019, 09:46:33 pm by albie »
Anyone remember Joe Slater, reporting on Rovers for the Donny Evening Post?

Never enough real info to fill the column inches.
The print used to come off on your hands.....needed to clean your paws after putting it down.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 03, 2019, 10:02:12 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
And what about the Doncaster Gazette, Doncaster Evening News and the Doncaster Evening Post? Did the town really support all these papers at one time?

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 03, 2019, 11:41:22 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Dunno but I once met the old editor in the 1960s and he was reporting on them before the Second World war.

I disagree with you on that 1972 at the very earliest certain of that - that's why i raised it . I could never understand wht DRFC were ignored.

BanksyDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 04, 2019, 12:10:56 am by BanksyDRFC »
Basically Liam Hoden as done same thing as Phil Hay did in the summer stepping down as Yorkshire Post Sports Editor to become Leeds United chief writer. Looks like Johnstone press are focusing on there journalist to focus on each club to get more coverage for all the readers in different catchment areas. Liam has done fantastic over years covering Rovers and one of the first to update us Twitter along with the guys from BBC radio Sheffield and I think he will do an excellent job as Chief writer for the Rovers

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 04, 2019, 09:41:25 am by Lifelong supporter »

I disagree with you on that 1972 at the very earliest certain of that - that's why i raised it . I could never understand wht DRFC were ignored.

You may be right but what's two or three years or so?
What you have to remember is that the Free Press was more an advertising paper in those days.
In fact the entire front page used to be adverts with no news on it until around that time, or maybe later.
It was the other Doncaster weekly, the Gazette, that used to be better for news and sport.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 04, 2019, 12:18:16 pm by Filo »
Doncaster news stopped existing when the powers that be moved the HQ to Sheffield, the Doncaster edition of the Star was just the Sheffield edition with a front page with Doncaster news. Doncaster news died when the Doncaster Evening Post and Doncaster Gazzette disappeared

TinyPortal © 2005-2012