Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 09:06:26 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: From BBC Gossip Column  (Read 2652 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
From BBC Gossip Column
« on December 04, 2019, 06:47:26 am by Alan Southstand »
Liverpool will only allow England Under-21s striker Rhian Brewster join another club if the 19-year-old is guaranteed playing time. (Football Insider)

Have we got their contact number?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: From BBC Gossip Column
« Reply #1 on December 04, 2019, 07:27:35 am by NickDRFC »
No, when we signed Kane we communicated via semaphore!

Nice idea but think if he moves he’s destined for the Championship - there must be clubs in need of a striker who can guarantee him playing time.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 04, 2019, 07:44:57 am by Retdon1 »
Been linked with Swansea

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 04, 2019, 08:22:38 am by RoversAlias »
Never in a million years is Brewster coming here.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 04, 2019, 08:38:07 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
He's not the type of centre forward many people are looking for. He's small and quick which fits Liverpool style of play. He has spent time in around Liverpools first team squad and is very highly thought of. I would also think it more likely he'll be destined for a Championship club and Swansea will probably be a good fit.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 04, 2019, 09:46:42 am by Frankie Rennie »
I’d be surprised if any Championship club could or would guarantee a loan player a first team place for fear of upsetting their regulars.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 04, 2019, 12:17:49 pm by RobTheRover »
Never in a million years is Brewster coming here.

Brewster's millions?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 04, 2019, 01:50:03 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I’d be surprised if any Championship club could or would guarantee a loan player a first team place for fear of upsetting their regulars.

It didn't say start every game, so as long as he get's a good amount of minutes then that will probably satisfy the reason Liverpool want him to develop.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 04, 2019, 01:59:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
Although my opening post was a bit tongue in cheek, I think there are a few Premiership Clubs who are looking for their up and coming youngsters to get ‘senior’ minutes under their belts. I’ve mentioned on another thread about ManU looking to do just that in January and it’s to be hoped we have already got someone lined up. Let’s face it, we’re (supporters’) desperate for things to change for the better up the top end of the pitch. And I certainly don’t think Ennis is going to be able to see out the second half of the season, playing as the lone frontman!

Maybe there’s someone at Leicester that might fancy it?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 04, 2019, 02:07:12 pm by IDM »
J. Vardy perhaps.??

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 04, 2019, 02:10:47 pm by IDM »
As much as o think we should be signing a decent permanent striker as soon as possible, it may be ok to take a quality loanee or two to replace Sterling and perhaps Daniels and to see out the season.

January can be seen as panic buying time or for firefighting rather than proper long term signings - apart from existing loanees making a permanent switch.  Save the big signings for the summer perhaps.?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 04, 2019, 02:39:33 pm by Chris Black come back »
If we can, we need to lock up Dieng and Sheaf until end of the season. If we have confidence that Ennis is going to be fit and robust, then keep him. Clearly we cut our losses with Sterling ASAP and while Daniels has largely done well, with Wright, Anderson, John and then Blaney and Sheaf, we have enough centre backs. That gives us two loan spots which I am sure Moore will fill. Don’t see anyone permanent coming in during January folks.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 03:26:21 pm by Chris Black come back »

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 04, 2019, 03:07:19 pm by Dutch Uncle »
If we can, we need to lock up Dieng and Sheaf until end of the season. If we have confidence that Ennis is going to be fit and robust, then keep him. Clearly we cut our losses with Sterling ASAP and while Daniels has largely done well, with Wright, Anderson, John and then Blaney and Sheaf, ,we have enough centre backs. That gives us two Lon spots which I am sure Moore will fill. Don’t see anyone permanent coming in during January folks.

Agree with your suggestions, but just a reminder that losing two loan players as above still leaves us with 4 (Ennis, John, Dieng, Sheaf unless we can sign e.g. Dieng on a permanent) - so another two loans in keeps us still with the only 5 out of 6 can be in each matchday squad situation.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 04, 2019, 03:16:06 pm by IDM »
I think Dieng may be a realistic signing, notwithstanding what I said before about January dealings..

I was referring more to strikers as the options for loanees next month..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 04, 2019, 04:02:44 pm by selby »
  More interesting will be who leaves in January.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012