Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:35:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Crewe after three points if Saturday's game is called off  (Read 6296 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/crewe-alex-appeal-awarded-three-17366301

You'll be waiting a while, boys! However, it might do us no harm if our case is no longer unique.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
Re: Crewe after three points if Saturday's game is called off
« Reply #1 on December 05, 2019, 11:18:11 am by Campsall rover »
https://www.cheshire-live.co.uk/sport/football/crewe-alex-appeal-awarded-three-17366301

You'll be waiting a while, boys! However, it might do us no harm if our case is no longer unique.
Well if it is called off and they are awarded the points. !!!  :thumbsup: 
We have to get ours as well.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 05, 2019, 11:42:03 am by the vicar »
That sounds a bit familiar to me, I seem to have heared something like this before 🤔

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 05, 2019, 11:49:46 am by IDM »
It depends if Macc follow proper procedures to call a game off or do it unilaterally..

In the case of the latter, of course Crewe should get the points, as should we.

I wonder if Macc are daring to do this partly because the independent panel didn’t award us the points for the Bolton game.?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 05, 2019, 11:55:58 am by The Red Baron »
Looking at the Macclesfield situation, unfortunately they look more like another Bury than another Bolton.

I fear they will not see out the season.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 05, 2019, 12:26:47 pm by Campsall rover »
It depends if Macc follow proper procedures to call a game off or do it unilaterally..

I wonder if Macc are daring to do this partly because the independent panel didn’t award us the points for the Bolton game.?
The very point i have been making for over 3 months IDM.
If there is not a punishment of a forfeit of the game then this is going to be a regular occurrence and the league competition is going to be a farce.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:37:03 pm by Campsall rover »

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 05, 2019, 12:38:59 pm by Dutch Uncle »

:that:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 05, 2019, 12:59:05 pm by IDM »
It’s a very dangerous precedent Dutch.

The simple solution is an EFL rule - any club failing to fulfil a fixture without proper authority to do so, loses the game by default and the points and a 2-0 win is awarded to the opposing club.  Any other punishment dependent upon the specific circumstances.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 05, 2019, 08:22:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
If Macc do cancel unilaterally it might strengthen the case for the EFL to award the three points to us.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 05, 2019, 09:24:24 pm by drfchound »
Towards the end of the article it says “but the Bolton game against Doncaster was called off because of welfare issues to the young Bolton players” (or words to that effect).
Earlier in the piece it says that the lack of being paid their wages is have an emotional, physical and mental effect on them. (The Macclesfield players)
Much the same really.

« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 10:46:22 pm by drfchound »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 05, 2019, 10:44:01 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
If the EFL have learned anything, then they should apply the sanction of awarding the 3 points to Crewe then refer Macclesfield to the disciplinary Commission.

This should also send a message to Macclesfield owners and players that there is an immediate sanction should they not resolve their differences and mediate to avoid strike action.

The EFL could also issue a 14 day notice to be expelled from the league forcing a resolution, one way or another, as they have the power to do so. There should be no need to refer to a disciplinary Commission as the misconduct is specific.

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 06, 2019, 09:01:38 am by Frankie Rennie »
Shouldn’t the EFL be trying to help clubs in distress rather than punish punish punish all the time? This wage thing was happening last year yet as with Bolton, Bury, Macclesfield and many others the EFL sanctioned these owners as fit and proper. It’s time the EFL were investigated as fit and proper but as far as the clubs are concerned, Doncaster themselves suffered the same situation so one might expect a little understanding from you supporters. Football needs cleaning up starting with the EFL.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on December 06, 2019, 09:43:17 am by IDM »
What can the EFL do if owners start out as fit and proper, then turn out to be less so.?

I believe the EFL should spread out football funding to help lower division teams but baling out clubs whose owners are the problem, is another matter..

Frankie Rennie

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 06, 2019, 12:08:38 pm by Frankie Rennie »
Quite agree IDM the distribution of revenues is totally inadequate and that is obviously part of the problem but surely a governing body should look to assist and protect clubs rather than just applying penalties which make things worse.

You suffered with Ken Richardson as we did with Ken Anderson. Both had previous and should never have been certified fit but they were and even when it was clear they were destroying the clubs the EFL did nothing.

The whole situation needs looking out as does a financial bond held by the EFL on behalf of the owner which could be used should problems arise. Never should a player not be paid and there has to be some kind of penalty available against the owner rather than penalising the club and fans who are essentially innocent. I agree that if a game is cancelled against current rules, then the injured club should receive the points and the offending club face separate punishment but with a rogue owner you don’t punish the shop owner if a shoplifter is caught so why penalise a club and its fans instead of the perpetrator?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 12:11:28 pm by Frankie Rennie »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 06, 2019, 12:21:19 pm by IDM »
Who called for our game to be cancelled.?  Was it the administrator for financial reasons, or the then manager for player welfare.?

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 06, 2019, 03:11:00 pm by Draytonian III »
It’s Off , let’s see what the out come of this is ,interesting

bedale rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 06, 2019, 03:11:43 pm by bedale rover »
The key word appears to be INTEGRITY
Both the EFL and rovers used it after the recent report

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 06, 2019, 03:38:42 pm by IDM »

As said before, it also depends on what process was used to determine this, and if permission was granted etc..

But hey, I’ll be doing the last of my Christmas shopping on 21 Dec, as I suspect will be many other supporters, so shall we call our game off then too.!
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 03:54:44 pm by IDM »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 06, 2019, 03:54:05 pm by Campsall rover »

As said before, it also depends on what process was used to determine this, andnif owrmission was granted etc..

But hey, I’ll be doing the last of my Christmas shopping on 21 Dec, as I suspect will be many other supporters, so shall we call our game off then too.!
EFL have said the game will be played at a later date.  :facepalm: :headbang:

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 06, 2019, 03:57:28 pm by IDM »
On the bbc website it is reported that the EFL suspended the fixture after Macc said they couldn’t play.

It looks different to the Bolton saga if that is the case.?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 06, 2019, 03:58:24 pm by drfchound »

As said before, it also depends on what process was used to determine this, andnif owrmission was granted etc..

EFL have said the game will be played at a later date.  :facepalm: :headbang:

If that is correct then they are allowing clubs to take the lead when it comes to deciding who can call a game off.
No penalties given to Macclesfield I guess.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 06, 2019, 03:59:42 pm by Campsall rover »
How many times are they going allow clubs who to not fulfil fixtures when they should before they say enough is enough and they are told they forfeit the game.
The integrity of the football league competition is at stake.

This is getting seriously silly now.

I did though say this would happen if clubs were not punished by forfeiting the game.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 06, 2019, 04:00:24 pm by IDM »
I think they have been referred for misconduct so eventually may get a punishment.

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 06, 2019, 04:06:37 pm by swintonrover »
It baffles me how badly the EFL have handled the cancellations. At every other level of the game, from International football (Scotland V Estonia) down to Sunday league, if you can't fulfil a fixture, you forfeit the points.

Why are we and Crewe suffering from the EFL deciding to ignore the rules used by FIFA and the FA?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 06, 2019, 04:55:28 pm by Campsall rover »
It baffles me how badly the EFL have handled the cancellations. At every other level of the game, from International football (Scotland V Estonia) down to Sunday league, if you can't fulfil a fixture, you forfeit the points.

Why are we and Crewe suffering from the EFL deciding to ignore the rules used by FIFA and the FA?
You tell me Swintonrover.
It’s one of the mysteries of the world.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 06, 2019, 06:53:35 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Quite agree IDM the distribution of revenues is totally inadequate and that is obviously part of the problem but surely a governing body should look to assist and protect clubs rather than just applying penalties which make things worse.

You suffered with Ken Richardson as we did with Ken Anderson. Both had previous and should never have been certified fit but they were and even when it was clear they were destroying the clubs the EFL did nothing.

The whole situation needs looking out as does a financial bond held by the EFL on behalf of the owner which could be used should problems arise. Never should a player not be paid and there has to be some kind of penalty available against the owner rather than penalising the club and fans who are essentially innocent. I agree that if a game is cancelled against current rules, then the injured club should receive the points and the offending club face separate punishment but with a rogue owner you don’t punish the shop owner if a shoplifter is caught so why penalise a club and its fans instead of the perpetrator?

I think the whole thing of modern day football is in question. A very few clubs at the top of the pyramid make squillions in Europe/shirt sales abroad/amazing sponsorship/premier League cash. So your average clubs all aspire to success based on this vision. So we get these days average clubs trying desperately to "buy" success. I don't know exactly what the average wage of a worker in Macclesfield/Bolton/Bury is but I bet the players in those town's clubs are/were earning well above the even well paid residents who live there. Yet they get paid on gates of 2-3,000 fans in Macclesfield's case. I cant see many Macclesfield shirts getting sold in India/China so where does the revenue come from? The system hasn't kept up with the times. Unlike when in the 50's a player had to get a summer job to support his family at Rovers level today's modern footballers wages bear no correlation. However if a club pays less then they know a player will go to another one for more. Then the club gets tarred with lack of ambition etc. 92 are a vast number of clubs to sustain this when only a handful get promoted/a cup final appearance. Unlike a lot of Europe where even the second tier is vastly different set up to us, as in much smaller teams ( I have seen these matches in Spain and Holland for about 9 euro's) ambitions etc, but I will always support our proud tradition...but with a caveat that we have trouble ahead, and who will follow Bury?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 06, 2019, 07:03:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Shouldn’t the EFL be trying to help clubs in distress rather than punish punish punish all the time? This wage thing was happening last year yet as with Bolton, Bury, Macclesfield and many others the EFL sanctioned these owners as fit and proper. It’s time the EFL were investigated as fit and proper but as far as the clubs are concerned, Doncaster themselves suffered the same situation so one might expect a little understanding from you supporters. Football needs cleaning up starting with the EFL.

Prevention is better than cure. If sanctions are known then it tends to focus minds of the job in hand, rather than an uncertain punishment at an uncertain date.

It was only when Bury were issued with notice that public sympathy grew and a couple of potential buyers came forward, albeit too late in the day.

In Bolton's case, the Administrator theatened to liquidate the club, coupled with the EFL issuing 14 days notice. No doubt this was a factor in Ken Anderson finally agreeing to the takeover deal.

Being specific with the sanctions does not prevent the EFL assisting in anyway thay can and I notice they have held meetings with Macclesfield and the PFA.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Last Edit: December 19, 2019, 07:47:07 pm by glosterred »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 19, 2019, 07:51:45 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Didn't take long for that disciplinary to happen!

Still different circumstances to our case.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 19, 2019, 07:58:36 pm by IDM »
No statement about that game being re arranged.?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012