Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 08:31:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rovers Vs Leicester U21’s  (Read 8366 times)

idler

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers Vs Leicester U21’s
« Reply #60 on December 04, 2019, 09:47:56 pm by idler »
If we don't sharpen how do we get a cutting edge?😉

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on December 04, 2019, 09:48:56 pm by dickos1 »
We’re really struggling to score goals. Take away the Southend game and we’ve scored 17 goals in 14 games this season. That’s dreadful

Or take away the last league game when we scored 0, and that’s 24 out of 14..

Like I just said, our form isn’t great, we can all see that..

The point being we’ve scored 24 goals but almost a 3rd of those came in one game against a side playing with 9 men.
We’re really struggling to score goals, that’s obvious and was an obvious prediction back in July

monkeytennis

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on December 04, 2019, 09:51:43 pm by monkeytennis »
Very disappointing and frustrating. Let’s hope we learn from back to back 3-0 defeats and take some improvements into Saturday.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on December 04, 2019, 09:53:48 pm by IDM »
We’re really struggling to score goals. Take away the Southend game and we’ve scored 17 goals in 14 games this season. That’s dreadful

The point being we’ve scored 24 goals but almost a 3rd of those came in one game against a side playing with 9 men.
We’re really struggling to score goals, that’s obvious and was an obvious prediction back in July
Don’t give me that told you so b*llocks..

We signed two exciting young premier league strikers on loan who both got injured after the window closed..

We’re in crap form, and you can bet your arse the manager knows, and will be working on turning things around..

We move on to Saturday, and hope for a better performance and result..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on December 04, 2019, 09:53:56 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I always think a manager needs two full windows before he can properly be judged. Moore hasn't even had one full window.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on December 04, 2019, 09:55:05 pm by drfchound »
Tranmere v Manure U21s still playing, into 16th minute of add on time.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on December 04, 2019, 10:00:34 pm by dickos1 »

Don’t give me that told you so b*llocks..

We signed two exciting young premier league strikers on loan who both got injured after the window closed..

We’re in crap form, and you can bet your arse the manager knows, and will be working on turning things around..

We move on to Saturday, and hope for a better performance and result..

I told you so b*llocks?
Wind your neck in.
The forum was full of people saying we’d struggle without signing an established striker,
You were happy with what we had, most weren’t,

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on December 04, 2019, 10:07:04 pm by glosterred »
Well that was crap, I don’t think anyone who played tonight did themselves a favour. Out played by kids, most of whom had better ball skills than our lot.

COYR

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on December 05, 2019, 08:38:31 am by idler »
To be fair gloster you would expect them to have decent skills being at a Premier League club and especially having Brendan Rogers as manager.
He did that with Swansea in the third tier didn't he?

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on December 05, 2019, 08:58:14 am by wing commander »
Idler I accept that and you would have to say Leicesters u21's are better than most of the u21 sides in this competition.

However for the second time in a week we've rolled over in submission and had our tummy tickled without laying a glove on them..This u23 team certainly doesn't seem to be producing much,whats happened to Hasani,came in last season for a few games at first team level and we've not seen or heard of him since.Amos is another who is supposed to have a bright future but if he produces at that levellast night he will soon turn out to be another disappointment.

We are nowhere near as good as last year for me.As far as I'm concerned we don't have a league 1 striker at the club it's as simple as that and that's down to DM and the board..

The young loan players are now starting to wilt under the pressures of men's football and it's not even xmas.and frankly there isn't that much to be positive about because this squad isn't anywhere near good enough for the play offs.Harsh but true..

For me it's time for DM to grow a pair and make some big changes in January.May has to go on loan because he's not going to cut it here,these short term strikers need releasing on block..

We need at least 2 strikers with pedigree at this level who can handle mens football,and we need a ball playing midfielder and that's bare minimum..

This isn't a knee jerk reaction to a couple of bad defeats just repeating what I've been saying before a ball was kicked this season..

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on December 05, 2019, 09:10:26 am by idler »
I'm not trying to minimise our need to enlarge and improve our squad wingco. I just think that DM prioritised points over this cup.
I'm sure that we will see better on Saturday and hopefully pick some more points up before strengthening in January. A couple of good signings would probably improve the belief and confidence of those we already have here. It's getting the right players in and hopefully the new guy Henshall will have some ideas that DM and Gavin might like.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on December 05, 2019, 09:18:40 am by drfchound »
Has Henshall arrived with us yet.
I haven’t seen anything on the DROS ande only thread that told us he was coming has gone quiet.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on December 05, 2019, 11:01:26 am by The Red Baron »
I haven’t seen anything on the DROS ande only thread that told us he was coming has gone quiet.

He started work this week. We have to give him time but he's well placed for the January Window.

I think we need some ins and outs in January.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on December 05, 2019, 11:10:17 am by wing commander »
 Yes i expect much better on Saturday Idler even if its a bit more dig in and fight.I can always accept defeat Christ knows i've seen enough of them over the last 40 years but i hate just getting rolled over so easily..

I hope Henshall is quietly going about his business,knows what position we need and is identifying those targets sharpish.I dont think thats Darrens strongpoint tbh..When we didn't sign a striker or two on deadline day he said that he wouldnt sign anybody just for the sake of it,then when he realised he had made a big error he went out and signed a few on short term deals.None of which are good enough i'm afraid.Not even close..

A big 6 weeks coming up for us,we just need to try and stay as close as we can until we can get some players in,else this season will be over..I hope we have learned a lesson that you cant fill a team with young loans and expect to see a season out with them...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on December 05, 2019, 03:34:40 pm by idler »
I'm hoping for a nice drive home on Saturday, it always seems better and quicker when we win. I agree about the effort needed tough. I've seen us lose loads over the last 61 years of watching but losing with a whimper really grates as opposed to losing to a better team and giving our all.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on December 05, 2019, 09:33:21 pm by drfchound »

He started work this week. We have to give him time but he's well placed for the January Window.

I think we need some ins and outs in January.

Cheers TRB. Where was it announced please.
I believe that this guy will be a massive boost for the club because from what I have heard from a friend who is regularly in touch with Gavin Baldwin, DM isn’t particularly good on recruiting players.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on December 07, 2019, 12:40:13 am by Colemans Left Hook »
To be fair gloster you would expect them to have decent skills being at a Premier League club and especially having Brendan Rogers as manager.
He did that with Swansea in the third tier didn't he?
No :thumbdown: i don't think he did

https://www.soccerbase.com/managers/manager.sd?manager_id=2138

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on December 07, 2019, 10:32:25 am by idler »
My mistake, he took over from Martinez. He did Keep playing the same type of football though. Skillful and very easy on the eye.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012