Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 04, 2024, 02:21:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Just a question to throw it out there  (Read 3751 times)

phil old leake

• Forum Member
Just a question to throw it out there
« on December 09, 2019, 10:48:08 am by phil old leake »
Before I start I am not in any way advocating that D Moore is sacked or it is even considered

My question to throw it out there is are we now seeing the reason that WBA decided to part company

As with us he had a great start and to be fair I thought it was unreal when they sacked him being fourth in the league

He came to the mighty Donny and it all seemed to start off rosey and we seemed to be doing ok

Recruitment has been ok apart from the lack of an established striker

Has he taken us as far as he can. Is that what WBA thought

His coaching ability is obvious. Maybe not a manager.  Lots aren’t

Before people come back slating me I just want  to reiterate I am not calling for his head. I can’t make comment on performance as I don’t get to games.  I have to rely on this forum. 

I just thought I’d throw it out there for opinion

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Just a question to throw it out there
« Reply #1 on December 09, 2019, 11:08:33 am by IDM »
My opinion is that earlier in the season we played some outstanding stuff, with the same squad as we have now and at the moment our form is below par, with a handful of injuries and Anderson suspended.  If you believe the club and DM they did try to get players in but if it’s not right for DM he won’t sign them.  Thomas and Bingham are in my opinion there to keep things ticking over until January.  My gut feeling is there may be a change  in a couple of the loanees come January and more permanent signings in summer.

I also think we are only just over a third of the way through the season so if we can recover the sort of form and performances we had earlier on, then we should be fine as will DM..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 09, 2019, 11:15:42 am by selby »
  I just think everyone just has to calm down.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 09, 2019, 11:24:35 am by SydneyRover »
Yep, please let's not get into a debate about DM's position.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 09, 2019, 11:46:25 am by Dutch Uncle »
I think we will be able to judge DM better at the end of the season after a transfer window and seeing how any new faces improve the team. Also let’s see the effects of the new head of recruitment. Injuries to critical players in a small squad was always a likely problem and let’s see how DM pulls current form around. I am still very happy at the moment.
 :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 09, 2019, 11:49:31 am by wing commander »
I don't think anybody wants to debate about DM's position as manager that's for sure.Hopefully he's here for the long haul..
However it wouldn't be a football forum if fans don't comment on tactical formations,how we set up and what he says in interviews after the game.I have to admit to shaking my head at his interview after the game as It didn't relate to anything I had just watched,and one or two things in how we set up to play seem to have more negatives than positives at times..There has been a word used over and over again recently and that's "predictable"

However this is league 1,with players to match and I'm hopefull that sometimes you have to take a step back before you can move forward just like we did with SOD..

Super Colin Cramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 09, 2019, 12:32:30 pm by Super Colin Cramb »
I think we can only judge the team once DM has had 2 transfer windows after the shambles the snake left us in. For what it’s worth I think DM will get it right.

phil old leake

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 09, 2019, 01:45:43 pm by phil old leake »
Glad to see no one came after my throat. I just thought I’d put it out there for some debating

Although I haven’t seen a game this season I’m tending to go along with the views so far

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 09, 2019, 02:20:37 pm by IDM »
I’ve seen a few - by no means all - meaning I have seen this squad play very well despite recent poor form, which therefore may be temporary.

RedRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 09, 2019, 02:50:57 pm by RedRover »
Hopefully he's here for the long haul..

Why? I mean why do you hope he's here for the long haul? He's got no management record to speak of that proves or suggests he's any good at it or indeed that he's going to be, so aside from being an ex player of ours, admittedly a decent one, why or rather how have you come to the conclusion that you want him to remain as our manager for a long time?

I should at this point point out that for me, the jury is still very much out on Darren Moore the manager but that doesn't mean I'm wishing or willing him to fail, it's just at this stage aside from a couple very impressive footballing performances from the team and showing he has the eye (you don't have to be an ex pro or coach to tell Cameron John prospect) or rather the pull to attract good young players from Premier League academies, he hasn't shown anything to suggest we're going to win promotion or even win more than we'll lose.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2019, 02:55:58 pm by RedRover »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 09, 2019, 03:19:23 pm by Alan Southstand »
How can anyone judge DM, based on the summer we’ve just had?

JM, TR, Wilks, Kane and Buts gone and replaced with what? Gomes? Thomas? I’d have liked to have seen how the snake would have coped with this squad!

We’ve been fighting fires since DM came in and there’s been very little planning or thought gone into any of the new signings, as there just hasn’t been the time. Despite all that, we’ve performed pretty well for the majority of the time. Injuries are now starting to bite hard, but that was always going to be a problem, with such a small squad.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 09, 2019, 03:22:08 pm by bobbymax »
You can't honestly judge DM after at least a year considering what he walked into.
We have to be a lot better than Saturday and the week before but this season was always about consolidation in my opinion so the start was a bonus. We finish top 10 and then push on next season - that will do for me.

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 09, 2019, 03:34:34 pm by Jersey Rover »
I don’t think we’re too far off to be honest. We all can see where we’re lacking but we have a good keeper, solid defence, just a few tweaks in midfield and some form of decent forward line and we’re really competitive

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 09, 2019, 03:52:44 pm by donnievic »
For me although only on loan Ennis is a big miss up top and even though not hardly scored his wor rate was superb and never gave defenders time,also earlier in season when we had Anderson and John(before his injury)we looked tighter at the back which in turn makes us more confident going forward

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 09, 2019, 05:39:40 pm by dknward2 »
What we have missed is Ennis work rate and hold up play and he seemed to at least get a corner from his shot which helps us keep the pressure on the other team

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 09, 2019, 06:07:24 pm by keith79 »
Maybe our players are just not good enough. When he came he had to give them a chance to show what they could do. Let's see in January what.he brings in. To early to judge Moore.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 09, 2019, 06:17:26 pm by IDM »
January will be too early to judge too.. it’s a firefighting window IMHO.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 09, 2019, 06:20:33 pm by 5 on Tour »
We aren’t going up or down this season. Let him have the summer next year and see what he does. If he signs dross and others improve around us then we have an issue but this season is only ever going to be one thing and that’s a rebuild. Even if we did miraculously go up we would be having a seriously tough season next year. Barnsley were much better than us last season and look at them.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 09, 2019, 06:28:28 pm by steve@dcfd »
Last season we started with a good squad and added to that with Kane Wilks they improved us. Then we added Downing when Mason left. The side improved through the season, we also added Sadlier who did not play all the time but was a good squad player.
End of the season all the loan players left, Butler, Andrew, Rowe, Marosi and eventually Marquis left.
So last season only Sadlier was added to our squad permanent.
He added Halliday and James good players and when he couldn’t get better he left giving us Gomes here’s one I could afford.

So DM brought in loans tried to sign strikers but the club couldn’t get them over the line. Eventually due to injuries we had to sign two short term signings.
Let’s see what players we get in January or are the players we need out of our reach permanently.
DM having to use young players to try and improve us.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 09, 2019, 07:02:01 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I don't think anybody wants to debate about DM's position as manager that's for sure.Hopefully he's here for the long haul..
However it wouldn't be a football forum if fans don't comment on tactical formations,how we set up and what he says in interviews after the game.I have to admit to shaking my head at his interview after the game as It didn't relate to anything I had just watched,and one or two things in how we set up to play seem to have more negatives than positives at times..There has been a word used over and over again recently and that's "predictable"

However this is league 1,with players to match and I'm hopefull that sometimes you have to take a step back before you can move forward just like we did with SOD..

:that:

DD

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 09, 2019, 08:44:01 pm by DD »
Well I'm seriously concerned...how anyone can sign a player (even on short term) like Bingham is beyond me! Was there anyone in that crowd who BY HALF TIME didn't recognise that he is garbage? In fact those that care to read my previous posts (18/9 & 1/12) will recall that I have said that Bingham / Thomas / Gomez (& May) are simply not good enough - weeks ago!! None would get in a Conference side.
Thomas is better than Bingham - so why didn't he start? why leave it 'til 85 mins before swapping over? Why not put one of the centre halves up front - I dont like square pegs / round holes - but needs must!
Add to that the kamikaze "pass from back no matter what" & no one left upfront when defending corners worries me.
That was a truly shocking performance - by the team & the manager.
January window will hopefully see some movement!!!!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 10, 2019, 09:05:16 am by IDM »
I love the exaggeration on here, which is typical of this era and social media and everything needing to be perfect “now”..

“Truly shocking”.?  How many OGs did we score.?  How many players got silly bookings or red cards.?

Did we have no shots on target? Did their keeper have to make no saves.?

Did we lose 0-4 at home to a team on crap form and in the relegation zone.?

None, none, none and no, no, no..

Yes, we were clearly below par and not up to our expected standards with some of the players underperforming, but does that make us “truly shocking”.?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 09:29:13 am by IDM »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 10, 2019, 12:56:55 pm by Alan Southstand »
Possibly a better question to ask is:

How much of an impact is the contract talks having on some of the first team players?

Only Whiteman signed on an extended deal, with all others apparently having ‘ongoing’ talks. My concern is that Anderson has not yet signed an extended deal and, to me, he is an absolute priority.

Does anyone know what is actually going on?

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 10, 2019, 01:09:59 pm by vaya »
I'd say talks are ongoing.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 10, 2019, 11:08:13 pm by Alan Southstand »
Very insightful!

;)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 10, 2019, 11:42:02 pm by IDM »
But most likely true..

Why would any of us with no direct link to the club, be any the wiser.?

It was in the DFP a while ago that contracts were being looked at, so until deals are done, we just have to wait..

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 11, 2019, 08:28:39 am by sedwardsdrfc »
Why would anyone on here know whats going on? other than some conspiracy theories obviously no one is going to know the ins and outs of contract negotiations! The Whiteman contract extension came out the blue after we were told talks are ongoing with key players. The others will follow suit, or they won't sign and we'll move on. Never understand the anxiety people get from not knowing the finite detail of everything going on at the club.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 11, 2019, 08:44:32 am by Alan Southstand »
Nobody is being anxious about anything! (Talk about ott)

The question I threw out there was whether our dip in form and standards had anything to do with the ongoing contract talks. It’s a possibility, but also, equally, it could be a massive coincidence.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 11, 2019, 10:21:32 am by Campsall rover »
Nobody is being anxious about anything! (Talk about ott)

The question I threw out there was whether our dip in form and standards had anything to do with the ongoing contract talks. It’s a possibility, but also, equally, it could be a massive coincidence.
Injuries, lack of momentum due to postponements and a little unnecessary tinkering with the formation by DM has been the reason for a drop in form.
In league games though he has stuck with a 4-2-3-1 system. It was only in the Cup games he tinkered.

Why he did it i don’t know because it probably cost us progress in both competitions, a very attractive home game with West Ham and a whole load of cash.

Don’t think contracts will have had any effect whatsoever. Would be extremely surprised if it had anything to do with a loss in form.
Just my opinion of course.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 11, 2019, 10:31:36 am by Colemans Left Hook »
Why would anyone on here know whats going on? other than some conspiracy theories obviously no one is going to know the ins and outs of contract negotiations! The Whiteman contract extension came out the blue after we were told talks are ongoing with key players. The others will follow suit, or they won't sign and we'll move on. Never understand the anxiety people get from not knowing the finite detail of everything going on at the club.

lest we forget i believe there is a "hefty" sell on clause to Sheff U. I believe that was the only way Rovers could afford to sign him his manager was always raving on about him I seem to recall but then I think i have a good memory (just going off to vote)

the release clause has obviously been elevated to mutual satisfaction.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012