Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 01:53:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pot of gold not at end of rainbow for everyone  (Read 1250 times)

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
Pot of gold not at end of rainbow for everyone
« on December 12, 2019, 04:24:47 pm by turnbull for england »
Is it really worth it? Championship 'bubble waiting to burst' with clubs posting record losses in Premier League 'gamble' - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/50674331

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Derek Duval

Re: Pot of gold not at end of rainbow for everyone
« Reply #1 on December 12, 2019, 04:42:02 pm by Derek Duval »
It’s scary how championship clubs are risking everything to get into the premier league.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 12, 2019, 05:09:26 pm by Alan Southstand »
Our ‘aim’ was never to be the Premier league, though. Huge losses are from Clubs who are endeavouring to get where the real money is. That is what is wrong with football in this country - a lopsided approach to financing the (already) mega rich clubs in the Premier league.

A more equal share across the whole of the football league, I.e. 92 clubs, would be better all round for the progression of the game, overall.

Its never going to happen, though, as the overwhelming power is with the Premier league clubs.

It’s noticeable that a minority did make a useful profit and that is where we would be aiming, I’m sure. If you want to watch the best football, that we could reasonably expect to aspire to, then it’s the Championship for me, every time.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 12, 2019, 05:12:13 pm by drfchound »
Good to know that the club is well on course to achieve our aim then Alan.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 12, 2019, 05:27:15 pm by 5 on Tour »
I like the little note at the bottom - Bolton did not submit there accounts for this period.

I bet they didn’t. Can you imagine the negative number on that bad boy?! 😂

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 12, 2019, 06:22:53 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As we have seen on here not to long ago with the Deloitte? Report, there are warnings and a review ongoing into football governance and FFP which we hope will close off some loopholes in terms of how clubs can exaggerate their turnover and look at the % limit of turnover on wages. If memory serves, it may also become compulsory for clubs to submit their detailed accounts rather than summary accounts.

We all want the football pyramid to be competitive rather than an impossible mountain to climb. Similarly, we need early warning processes in place with more transparency and greater fan stakeholds that safeguard clubs as community assets.

One caveat is that if the rules are so stringent, then it may put potential investors off (well at least put the bad owners off).

TinyPortal © 2005-2012