Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 02:22:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Relegation form  (Read 6491 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Relegation form
« Reply #30 on December 14, 2019, 05:20:49 pm by drfchound »
Deffo a bad result after being in front and well in control.

Good players missing great chances but no doubt the Thomas's, Bingham and Sheaf will be made scapegoats.

Shit happens but encouragingly we played much better today by the sounds.

Anderson back next game so likely Daniels will be given a rest.

I'm not worried. If some of you want to throw more teddies out of the pram then that's up to you but there's always those that come out of the woodwork who get great pleasure out of the same negative bile. They get what they deserve!

DBR, I don't count myself as a doom monger, far from it, but I am becoming concerned about our run of results.
I know that injuries haven't helped but it worries me when DM says he is happy with the performance of the team, as he did last week.
No doubt he will say something similar today.
I just hope we don't go into freefall like we did under Ferguson.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on December 14, 2019, 05:28:07 pm by sha66y »
The situation is simple and there for all to see. We strengthen significantly in January or we won't be in the play-offs.

You can pick my lottery tickets , when you say strengthen do you mean actually bring in players, kinda get them over the line...spend money...but not just any players but better players ?

That boats sailed methinks....this is our team , no super signings, no established goal scorers.....we look to strengthen in name only until proven otherwise...

And I’m normally very optimistic ...lol

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 14, 2019, 05:31:04 pm by scawsby steve »
The situation is simple and there for all to see. We strengthen significantly in January or we won't be in the play-offs League 1.

Corrected for you scawsby.

I can't disagree with that, Pies.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 14, 2019, 05:35:24 pm by eastender »
It's got that bad that we think that our savior is a striker who's scored 1 goal, christ.
 As for Bingham , i will have a go at him because apart from 1 shot that the Keeper put out for a corner he did absolutely nothing positive. At least everyone else in midfield and up top contributed , but he was woeful and hardly resembled a footballer.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 06:06:59 pm by eastender »

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 14, 2019, 05:52:43 pm by TheFunk »
Hopefully the new recruitment guy will be able to work his magic in January. It's seems Darren Moore can't attract any players of any note if the summer is anything to go by. Either that or someone further up the chain of command can't do their job properly.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 14, 2019, 08:37:35 pm by steve@dcfd »
To get better players that are not just a short term fix then it cost money. It’s already been said we won’t sign players on 1 or 2 year contracts to for short term gain. The manager, CEO and Chairman have since the last transfer window to sort who we want. To decide if we can afford them. If we don’t sign any body in January we will suffer as a club.
The manager can only bring players in that the club can afford and they must fit the long term view.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 14, 2019, 08:45:28 pm by tyke1962 »
From the outside it always looked to me to be a bit of a transitional season .

You lost a number of good players for one reason or another plus the manager too .

It's a big ask to replace all of that in one summer window .

I don't think I'm stating anything here controversial if I say Rovers over achieved last season with possibly too much of a reliance on the loan lads .

I'd be inclined to see this campaign as the transitional year it is and don't be too hard on big Daz and the club .

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 14, 2019, 09:26:15 pm by Campsall rover »
Donervan Daniels. Cart hoss
Did you go today?
He had an excellent game apart from one rush of blood and made another challenge he didn’t need to and gave a penalty away.
Calling him a cart horse is stupid. Yes he is a liability because he has one catastrophic mistake in him every match it seems.
What’s a hoss?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on December 14, 2019, 09:47:42 pm by Alan Southstand »
It wasn’t even a complete summer window, though, Tyke. It seems some of our supporters have very short memories. Most of the signings were done by our competitors before DM was even appointed.

We, supposedly, had 2 strikers lined up and couldn’t get them ‘over the line’.  Crazy decision to not even get 1 of them in. No excuses there, I’m afraid.

However, we set off quite reasonable and went through 5 or 6 tough games, on the bounce, and came out the other side in reasonable shape. But, during this time we lost Sterling, and Ennis and Crawford was allowed to leave. Then Cameron John got himself crocked and our other centre back, Anderson, got himself sent off and we have fallen apart.

We had a paper thin squad to start with and, despite a few people voicing their concerns in those early days (yes, I was one of them), we were told we were doom mongers, etc. The 2 lads DM brought in, after the window closed, were panic measures, but with Sterling’s situation like it was, DM was left with no alternative(s).

The summer is where the rot started - GM getting rid of players that he couldn’t replace, for whatever reason, and Marquis being let go with NO replacement lined up (which was absolutely criminal, in my eyes). And still the Board were insistent that we were aiming to be in and around the play-offs.

To point the finger at DM for the mess we find ourselves in right now is way off target. But, the manager always seems to carry the can when things don’t go to plan.

There has to be some serious movement in the January window or else I seriously fear the drop. And I don’t mean movement out, unless it’s to get some dead wood out the door. No more excuses, we want to see positive action.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:50:31 pm by Alan Southstand »

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on December 14, 2019, 10:10:55 pm by Campsall rover »
It’s too easy to have a pop at anyone who is showing any concern.
Every manager we’ve had I’ve backed massively,
This is the first time I’ve ever considered the manager isn’t good enough.
The poor recruitment has been down to him, getting kids as our main signings with no first team experience.
Throwing in non league players now who aren’t good enough for this level.
The way we play, slow lethargic, taking too many risks around our area.
These things  are all down to our manager.
Our form for 4 months now has been dreadful it’s not just a slump, since the 8th September our form is relegation form
I am just going to ask one question as i said i am not replying to your posts.

So it’s just a question all i ask for is a reply of yes or no please nothing else. Thank you.

Did you go today?

sedwardsdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on December 14, 2019, 10:11:39 pm by sedwardsdrfc »
Have got the question the selection of Bingham over May (assuming Taylor was only fit for the bench) he obviously offers more to the team and was one of our best players early on in the season. Also not sure on the selection of Daniels over Wright (who we own) seems strange to me after he's cost us a few goals recently, even if his overall performance hasn't been bad.

I feel for Moore because we just don't have the players at the moment and it's not 100% his fault for that at all. I've pretty much given up on the playoffs now but we need to sign a few in Jan to make sure we don't get dragged into something at the wrong end. Feels a bit similar to under DF where we were challenging for the playoffs before getting dragged down. 

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 14, 2019, 10:16:36 pm by Campsall rover »
Have got the question the selection of Bingham over May (assuming Taylor was only fit for the bench) he obviously offers more to the team and was one of our best players early on in the season. Also not sure on the selection of Daniels over Wright (who we own) seems strange to me after he's cost us a few goals recently, even if his overall performance hasn't been bad.

I feel for Moore because we just don't have the players at the moment and it's not 100% his fault for that at all. I've pretty much given up on the playoffs now but we need to sign a few in Jan to make sure we don't get dragged into something at the wrong end. Feels a bit similar to under DF where we were challenging for the playoffs before getting dragged down.
Bingham was excellent 1st half and none existent in the 2nd & he played on the right of the front 3.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:25:43 pm by Campsall rover »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 14, 2019, 10:19:02 pm by tyke1962 »
It wasn’t even a complete summer window, though, Tyke. It seems some of our supporters have very short memories. Most of the signings were done by our competitors before DM was even appointed.

We, supposedly, had 2 strikers lined up and couldn’t get them ‘over the line’.  Crazy decision to not even get 1 of them in. No excuses there, I’m afraid.

However, we set off quite reasonable and went through 5 or 6 tough games, on the bounce, and came out the other side in reasonable shape. But, during this time we lost Sterling, and Ennis and Crawford was allowed to leave. Then Cameron John got himself crocked and our other centre back, Anderson, got himself sent off and we have fallen apart.

We had a paper thin squad to start with and, despite a few people voicing their concerns in those early days (yes, I was one of them), we were told we were doom mongers, etc. The 2 lads DM brought in, after the window closed, were panic measures, but with Sterling’s situation like it was, DM was left with no alternative(s).

The summer is where the rot started - GM getting rid of players that he couldn’t replace, for whatever reason, and Marquis being let go with NO replacement lined up (which was absolutely criminal, in my eyes). And still the Board were insistent that we were aiming to be in and around the play-offs.

To point the finger at DM for the mess we find ourselves in right now is way off target. But, the manager always seems to carry the can when things don’t go to plan.

There has to be some serious movement in the January window or else I seriously fear the drop. And I don’t mean movement out, unless it’s to get some dead wood out the door. No more excuses, we want to see positive action.

I'm pleased you aren't pinning your season on DM who inherited a poor situation by the looks of it .

Of course it's frustrating we want our clubs to do well but I've always tried to take a pragmatic approach and search for reasons why we struggle which isn't always about personnel .

Pep's first season at City wasn't great , many people forget that and Klopp's needed a fair few seasons to build what he enjoys today , different planet but none the less relative .

Rovers haven't hit the highs of last season because the loan players made a huge difference to the quality of the squad and the replacements possibly aren't quite as good and there's also the little problem of replacing a striker who guaranteed you 20 goals .

Throw in a new manager implementing his own ideas and there's little wonder it's a bit of one step forward and then one back .

Money talks at this level Alan , when in league one our budget is hugely significant , it's nowt in the championship mind .

To move up and punch the weight the budget needs to be higher , how that's achieved is possibly for another debate but I'd suggest a reliance on loans to add the quality isn't without flaws and no more an example than how it's going this season as opposed to last .

I personally thought you were excellent last season and with the break of the ball you could have won the promotion .

Normally speaking you'd add the missing ingredient in the summer and go again but because Marquis did one , the loans went back and McCann did what he did that hasn't happened .

You won't go down though , fairly sure of that .

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 14, 2019, 10:27:37 pm by the vicar »
It's four games without a win. Concerning but not a disaster. In fairness, your stat is misleading as we only played two league games in November.

But I'm not saying it isn't a concern. We're in a slump.
and 1 win in 9 so yes relegation form

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 14, 2019, 10:33:32 pm by Campsall rover »

I'm pleased you aren't pinning your season on DM who inherited a poor situation by the looks of it .

Of course it's frustrating we want our clubs to do well but I've always tried to take a pragmatic approach and search for reasons why we struggle which isn't always about personnel .

Pep's first season at City wasn't great , many people forget that and Klopp's needed a fair few seasons to build what he enjoys today , different planet but none the less relative .

Rovers haven't hit the highs of last season because the loan players made a huge difference to the quality of the squad and the replacements possibly aren't quite as good and there's also the little problem of replacing a striker who guaranteed you 20 goals .

Throw in a new manager implementing his own ideas and there's little wonder it's a bit of one step forward and then one back .

Money talks at this level Alan , when in league one our budget is hugely significant , it's nowt in the championship mind .

To move up and punch the weight the budget needs to be higher , how that's achieved is possibly for another debate but I'd suggest a reliance on loans to add the quality isn't without flaws and no more an example than how it's going this season as opposed to last .

I personally thought you were excellent last season and with the break of the ball you could have won the promotion .

Normally speaking you'd add the missing ingredient in the summer and go again but because Marquis did one , the loans went back and McCann did what he did that hasn't happened .

You won't go down though , fairly sure of that .
We need 7 wins absolute max from 27 games to stay up imo as only 3 down this season.

Bolton & Southend would need a miracle to stay up. So if we managed to fill the last relegation place that would be one of the most disastrous run of results even DRFC have ever had. Worse than 2015/16 would be needed.
I am not counting 1997/98 that was a one off which no club should ever have to endure again.

So Tyke your right we won’t get relegated.

If we can turn around this slump quickly there is still plenty to play for. Next week is pretty much a must win i feel if we are going to resurrect our season
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 10:37:38 pm by Campsall rover »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 14, 2019, 11:15:58 pm by dickos1 »
The poor recruitment has been down to him, getting kids as our main signings with no first team experience.
Our form for 4 months now has been dreadful it’s not just a slump, since the 8th September our form is relegation form

So it’s just a question all i ask for is a reply of yes or no please nothing else. Thank you.

Did you go today?

Nothing within that post has anything to do with today’s game.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 14, 2019, 11:24:24 pm by Campsall rover »

Did you go today?

Nothing within that post has anything to do with today’s game.

????????????? Thanks for answering my question.
Sounds as though i can guess.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on December 14, 2019, 11:25:33 pm by dickos1 »
Just an odd question to ask when the post has nothing to do with today’s game

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on December 14, 2019, 11:28:56 pm by Campsall rover »
Just an odd question to ask when the post has nothing to do with today’s game
I was curious that’s all.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on December 14, 2019, 11:37:42 pm by dickos1 »
I didn’t go no
I own a children’s party business,
This time of year we’re snowed under on a weekend.

aussyroy

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 15, 2019, 01:29:23 am by aussyroy »
First time I have agreed with Dickos. :ohmy:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on December 15, 2019, 02:42:06 am by NickDRFC »
Well I went today and the second half was f**king dreadful. Embarrassed is underselling it.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on December 15, 2019, 08:57:37 am by 5 on Tour »
For me one of the biggest problems at the moment is rotation. I know injuries are playing a part but it’s like the squad is on some sort of weird lazy Susan. Bingham up top last week with Thomas on the bench. Now Thomas up top with Bingham on the right. Copps must be forgetting who is either side of him every week as it’s constantly different. Sads + May. Sads + Taylor. Sads + Bingham. May + Bingham. May + Taylor. And it goes on. The players even look like they have a lack of consistency.

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 15, 2019, 09:01:19 am by no eyed deer »
I didn’t go no
I own a children’s party business,
This time of year we’re snowed under on a weekend.

That’s no excuse 😙, some people only have Rovers to look forward too.. win, lose or draw.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 15, 2019, 09:16:55 am by the vicar »
Hopefully the new recruitment guy will be able to work his magic in January. It's seems Darren Moore can't attract any players of any note if the summer is anything to go by. Either that or someone further up the chain of command can't do their job properly.
I think the new recruitment guy is mainly here to bring in younger lads for development

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 15, 2019, 09:59:54 am by steve@dcfd »
We can all see at the moment whether we are wearing rose tinted glasses or not that we have some good players and players that are not so good. Yesterday we dominated first half yet even our better players couldn’t score. We have players in our squad that realistically should not be there. But we didn’t get better players in the summer transfer window.
So let’s hope in the next few games we can have consistent selection, Anderson back with John, Taylor and Ennis back with Copps and Sadlier then we hope that these players can take the chances created.
Then lets hope the CEO and Chairman allow DM to sign better quality players in January, if not then come out and take some responsibility.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on December 15, 2019, 10:04:58 am by dickos1 »
First time I have agreed with Dickos. :ohmy:

😂 it can’t be
I’ve been saying similar since June

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 15, 2019, 12:15:00 pm by redarmy82 »
We can all see at the moment whether we are wearing rose tinted glasses or not that we have some good players and players that are not so good. Yesterday we dominated first half yet even our better players couldn’t score. We have players in our squad that realistically should not be there. But we didn’t get better players in the summer transfer window.
So let’s hope in the next few games we can have consistent selection, Anderson back with John, Taylor and Ennis back with Copps and Sadlier then we hope that these players can take the chances created.
Then lets hope the CEO and Chairman allow DM to sign better quality players in January, if not then come out and take some responsibility.

We've signed players we are prepared to pay for. If we paid more, we'd get better players. It's down to money pure and simple.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 15, 2019, 12:47:16 pm by RoversAlias »
I think the new recruitment guy is mainly here to bring in younger lads for development

Nope, completely baseless and wrong. He's here to lead the search for new players for our first team squad, that is what he has been hired for. To take the pressure off Moore so he can concentrate on managing the squad and not have to spend half his time on the phone to clubs and agents.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 15, 2019, 01:12:48 pm by steve@dcfd »

We've signed players we are prepared to pay for. If we paid more, we'd get better players. It's down to money pure and simple.
The two short term contract were signed out of necessity due injuries and not getting what we needed in the summer. I expect that to be different this transfer window but if is down to money then we will know with the players we get.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012