Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 15, 2024, 06:56:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: What will this government do about climate change?  (Read 3743 times)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
Re: What will this government do about climate change?
« Reply #30 on December 17, 2019, 05:35:13 pm by wilts rover »
The north sea doesn't belong to us Sporty.
I think you will find that Dogger Bank is owned by the Crown estate.

I think you will find it isn't - according to the company developing the wind farms
https://doggerbank.com/

The Goverment has sold development licences as per this
Dogger Bank Wind Farm is a proposed group of offshore wind farms to be located between 125 to 290 kilometres (78 to 180 mi) off the east coast of Yorkshire, in the North Sea, England.[1] It is being developed by the Forewind consortium. It is expected that the Dogger Bank development will consist of four offshore wind farms, each with a capacity of up to 1.2 GW, creating a combined capacity of 4.8 GW. Planning consent for the first phase of the project (Creyke Beck A and Creyke Beck B) was granted by the UK government in February 2015, and consent for the second phase (Teesside A and Teesside B) was granted in August 2015.

Project Location

Dogger Bank sits as an isolated topographic high within the central to southern North Sea spanning UK, German, Danish and Dutch waters.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 17, 2019, 05:43:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I thought Dogger Bank was where the swingers met up down the straight mile at the racecourse.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 17, 2019, 06:53:24 pm by DonnyOsmond »
I'm not sure why people with such strong and dedicated to the cause views don't put into practise the principles they preach.

https://medium.com/wedonthavetime/guest-blog-post-the-alarming-environmental-impact-of-the-internet-and-how-you-can-help-6ff892b8730d
it’s surprising how come no one answered your post really as we all use the internet so much

It's surprising how no one's answered the question that is the title of the thread.
You need to ask that question to some one inGovernment!

So in 2019 people weren't voting based at all on climate change? Awesome. We're f*cked.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 17, 2019, 07:35:31 pm by Sprotyrover »

I think you will find it isn't - according to the company developing the wind farms

Dogger Bank Wind Farm is a proposed group of offshore wind farms to be located between 125 to 290 kilometres (78 to 180 mi) off the east coast of Yorkshire, in the North Sea, England.[1] It is being developed by the Forewind consortium. It is expected that the Dogger Bank development will consist of four offshore wind farms, each with a capacity of up to 1.2 GW, creating a combined capacity of 4.8 GW. Planning consent for the first phase of the project (Creyke Beck A and Creyke Beck B) was granted by the UK government in February 2015, and consent for the second phase (Teesside A and Teesside B) was granted in August 2015.

Project Location

Dogger Bank sits as an isolated topographic high within the central to southern North Sea spanning UK, German, Danish and Dutch waters.
And two thirds of it are in UK waters what is the issue?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 17, 2019, 08:51:34 pm by wilts rover »

Project Location

Some bloke seemed to infer it was all in UK waters and being built on crown estate territory - I will just go and check who it was...

See it is important to be accurate about things things. It is not a UK project - it is a pan-European one. The electricity generated is not soley for UK homes - it will be connected to the Dutch, Danish and German grids.

So when people say stuff like:

Is that by 2045 The North Sea wind power hub will be producing enough electrics to supply 126 million homes! There are currently 25 million homes in the U.K.
So as far as I'm concerned roll on Brexit!
If the Jocks want to go let them! Although they would be daft to do so!
Same for the Welsh! . Stay in the Union and help us 'Milk' the EU! The remainder of the Eu can pay through the nose for their electricity!

you are misleading people. The remainder of the EU wont be paying through the nose for their electricity - they are partners in this project to generate it

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 17, 2019, 09:26:23 pm by Sprotyrover »

Project Location

Some bloke seemed to infer it was all in UK waters and being built on crown estate territory - I will just go and check who it was...

See it is important to be accurate about things things. It is not a UK project - it is a pan-European one. The electricity generated is not soley for UK homes - it will be connected to the Dutch, Danish and German grids.

So when people say stuff like:

Is that by 2045 The North Sea wind power hub will be producing enough electrics to supply 126 million homes! There are currently 25 million homes in the U.K.
So as far as I'm concerned roll on Brexit!
If the Jocks want to go let them! Although they would be daft to do so!
Same for the Welsh! . Stay in the Union and help us 'Milk' the EU! The remainder of the Eu can pay through the nose for their electricity!

you are misleading people. The remainder of the EU wont be paying through the nose for their electricity - they are partners in this project to generate it
m
2 thirds of it is uk territoy, do the math,does the UK govt make anything out of the Norwegian oil fields..no!

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 17, 2019, 09:49:21 pm by Copps is Magic »
Of all the things you could have gotten nationalistic about in this day and age (Terrorism, immigration,Brexit) you choose renewable energy? Quite a choice that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on December 17, 2019, 09:51:52 pm by drfchound »
To be fair CiM, it has made a change not to read about Brexit and immigration on here.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012