Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 15, 2024, 11:51:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bolton appeal  (Read 15000 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Bolton appeal
« on January 07, 2020, 11:04:30 am by dickos1 »
The efl have lost their appeal against the original verdict

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Bolton appeal
« Reply #1 on January 07, 2020, 11:05:22 am by drfchound »
Fixture announcement due soon then.

FNB

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on January 07, 2020, 11:06:32 am by FNB »
Open season for any team to pull out for any reason in the future.  EFL has zero credibility.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on January 07, 2020, 11:10:07 am by Axholme Lion »
Don't turn up!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on January 07, 2020, 11:13:25 am by IDM »
Can DRFC appeal.?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on January 07, 2020, 11:17:10 am by dickos1 »
Don’t think they can appeal this but they can take it to someone higher
Court of arbitration for sport maybe

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 07, 2020, 11:18:18 am by drfcdrfc »
We should make a point of not turning up, it's not like we will receive any punishment.

I really hope we stand firm and refuse to play them.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on January 07, 2020, 11:18:45 am by drfchound »
Don’t think they can appeal this but they can take it to someone higher
Court of arbitration for sport maybe

Hopefully the club will try to take an appeal to a higher body but my feeling is that we will accept the decision.

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on January 07, 2020, 11:18:58 am by wesisback »
Just dont turn up? We know they can't issue anything but what they've given Bolton meaning no points lost. At worst we would get a fine meaning we could finally reinvest some of the money we got last summer.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on January 07, 2020, 11:20:14 am by drfcdrfc »
It's not even a huge amount of money, do a fundraiser to cover the costs. f**k them off. It will force something to change

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 07, 2020, 11:28:39 am by Donnybax »
Would imagine the club have an appeal lined up if possible to do so. We’ve gone about it the right way from the outset.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 07, 2020, 11:30:01 am by IDM »
This is getting ridiculous and the issue is way beyond Doncaster Rovers..

Football teams simply cannot call off games unilaterally and without no permission.??

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 07, 2020, 11:31:55 am by jackthelad »
It's just gonna have to be played,hope we hammer them.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on January 07, 2020, 11:34:24 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
All clubs have to do now, is commission as reasonable medical report to justify why they  decide to withdraw from fixtures, if the consequences are deferred sanctions.

There has been no thought given to the protection of victims of these actions. Directly, the club who's fixture is unfulfilled and indirectly, the rest of the clubs in the league who abide by the rules.

Let's pull tonight's fixture based on medical grounds due to injuries and player welfare following the busy Christmas schedule and see what happens.

This now opens the way for a possible collective legal action by the rest of the League One clubs.

I notice in the statement the EFL will now consult with clubs about specific sanctions for financial rule breaks and for non fulfilment of fixtures. I'm not sure whether that will appease clubs sufficiently.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 07, 2020, 11:43:35 am by Reesielad »
I am actually looking forward to this game now, we shouldn’t fear them at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catte

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 07, 2020, 11:44:08 am by Catte »
In peace.

This was always likely to be the result of the Appeal.
EFL boobed when they set up the original panel, for me it was clear cut we called off a fixture and expected a fine and points deducted surely the EFL could have made the call in about a 10 minute session of the board.
The EFL for some reason decided an independent panel would sit and make the call, we were as surprised as the rest of the Football World with the fair (some would say lenient) decision they came up with. Now I am not one for stating that the EFL may have created the Independent panel from friends but as said they could have done this amongst themselves.
To then appeal this decision was always going to be difficult, do you set a panel then not agree with the decision until subsequent panels finally get to the point you deem correct (Again you are the board make the decision yourself).

Finally we can move forwards, I am sure this will leave a foul taste in many mouths but going forwards I hope that you see fit to visit us in the future (Fully accept that this fixture might be too soon). I suspect at the point we are either relegated or by some huge change of fortune rescue ourselves we will either be cheered or feel the angst of the rest of the league and who knows if we save ourselves more legal ramifications may occur. Looking forwards to the rest of the campaign normalising.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 07, 2020, 11:51:18 am by Metalmicky »
The irony is that they are 18 points from safety and the outcome of this game will have little significance on them being relegated anyway.  They are currently the second worse team in this division and would probably have gone down without the points deduction that was enforced on them at the start of this season.  The spineless EFL have made a rod for their own backs by not addressing this themselves in the first place and now they will have to sort any shit storms that materialize as a result.....

Let's move on...........

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 07, 2020, 11:55:55 am by IDM »
In peace.

EFL boobed when they set up the original panel, for me it was clear cut we called off a fixture and expected a fine and points deducted surely the EFL could have made the call in about a 10 minute session of the board.
The EFL for some reason decided an independent panel would sit and make the call, we were as surprised as the rest of the Football World with the fair (some would say lenient) decision they came up with. Now I am not one for stating that the EFL may have created the Independent panel from friends but as said they could have done this amongst themselves.
To then appeal this decision was always going to be difficult, do you set a panel then not agree with the decision until subsequent panels finally get to the point you deem correct (Again you are the board make the decision yourself).

Finally we can move forwards, I am sure this will leave a foul taste in many mouths but going forwards I hope that you see fit to visit us in the future (Fully accept that this fixture might be too soon). I suspect at the point we are either relegated or by some huge change of fortune rescue ourselves we will either be cheered or feel the angst of the rest of the league and who knows if we save ourselves more legal ramifications may occur. Looking forwards to the rest of the campaign normalising.

Thanks for your thoughts..  I believe the use of an independent panel was because the EFL regulations had no provision for how to deal with these circumstances.

I suspect that may now change some time soon.. too late for our fixture maybe but what should be a fairly default ruling for refusing to play, has proven to be much too complicated..

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on January 07, 2020, 11:56:59 am by Wiltshire Exile »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 07, 2020, 11:57:39 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
In peace.

Agreed. I'm sure the EFL are regretting their actions. The rules state the EFL has the authority to apply sanctions but they chose not to do so.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 07, 2020, 11:59:06 am by IDM »
But the sanctions are not defined..

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on January 07, 2020, 11:59:56 am by Filo »
Legal action should now be considered

redarmy82

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 07, 2020, 12:01:04 pm by redarmy82 »
We've said we will work with Bolton to rearrange the fixture.

Case closed.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 07, 2020, 12:01:29 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
Doesn't the post say they will be getting a further points deduction ? Wouldn't that prevent copycat reactions from other clubs ?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 07, 2020, 12:06:33 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
We've said we will work with Bolton to rearrange the fixture.

Case closed.

Not quite.

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2020/january/club-statement/

A bit of both. I think we, and the rest of the EFL clubs will be keen to see the how the evidence was considered and the outcome reached and will probably ask for the transcripts from the hearing and the appeal. This will need to happen before considering any further form of action.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on January 07, 2020, 12:14:18 pm by silent majority »
At the last EFL/FSA meeting we discussed this quite a bit.

To say there's interest from the rest of the EFL would be an understatement.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 07, 2020, 12:19:01 pm by the vicar »
We should make a point of not turning up, it's not like we will receive any punishment.

I really hope we stand firm and refuse to play them.
but we are not an ex premier league team so we will be made an example of if we did

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 07, 2020, 12:19:18 pm by drfcdrfc »
I don't understand why we would work with Bolton in order to fulfill this fixture. They refused to play us, no matter the circumstances. They have undermined the integrity of the competition. We should simply refuse to play them. What's the EFL going to do about it? If the rest of the league is unhappy with the decision, surely we will at least have support.

Precedent has been set, tinpot fine and a suspended points deduction.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on January 07, 2020, 12:20:57 pm by silent majority »
I don't understand why we would work with Bolton in order to fulfill this fixture. They refused to play us, no matter the circumstances. They have undermined the integrity of the competition. We should simply refuse to play them. What's the EFL going to do about it? If the rest of the league is unhappy with the decision, surely we will at least have support.

Precident has been set, tinpot fine and a suspended points deduction.

The rules will be changed. And as I said before the rest of the EFL have a great interest in this, they'll work to make sure it never happens again.

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on January 07, 2020, 12:23:29 pm by drfcdrfc »
Missed the boat though I am afraid. They had the chance to make this right. In the interests of fairness and the integrity of the game. They have failed miserably and it is our club and our fans that have to suffer for it.

It's an absolute disgrace

TinyPortal © 2005-2012