Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 08:56:35 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League One January transfers thread  (Read 26942 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: League One January transfers thread
« Reply #270 on January 22, 2020, 09:36:37 pm by IDM »
Exactly IDM.

Seems reasonable to me..

I guess it must be quite frustrating if you have access to privileged information which you can’t disclose yet..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #271 on January 22, 2020, 10:12:27 pm by drfchound »
this continuing doom is becoming ridiculous

DVR, with all due respect, not all of us have the inside track on the goings on at DRFC, and don’t insult me by telling me that you don’t hear a few whispers from time to time. From my perspective, what is getting ridiculous is the dismantling of a squad that did ok last season and one which I thought (foolishly) that we would build on this season.

I’m not insulting you it’s your choice to believe the doom and gloom social media posts over those who you believe have a little knowledge and are telling you different. I can honestly say I was worried when we got to the middle of the month but not now.

That is fair enough DVR.
I have looked at your mid month posts and they do reflect that you were as worried as the next man about our lack of incoming players.
It does appear though that you do have a little knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes and as a result you are now more comfortable with our situation about potential signings.
You must be aware of how other posters who aren’t privileged with inside information feel.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #272 on January 22, 2020, 10:14:44 pm by silent majority »
Exactly IDM.

Seems reasonable to me..

I guess it must be quite frustrating if you have access to privileged information which you can’t disclose yet..

I'm not pushing for names and other explicit detail on the clubs dealings. I'm just asking for an understanding of where we are, how busy are we and why deals have not yet taken place, although inevitably some of the detail comes through.

Hopefully that means I can put people's minds at ease,so I can assure them that there are no underlying reasons as to the slow movement so far.

It's up to individuals as to whether they believe me, and some will twist my words looking to put a negative slant on them. That's the frustrating part of this IDM.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #273 on January 22, 2020, 10:16:28 pm by Alan Southstand »
Exactly, hound. It’s easy to be smug when you know what’s likely to happen.

I hope the people who do know are not going to end up with large portions of egg on their faces. As that would mean that we have got our long overdue fingers out.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #274 on January 22, 2020, 10:21:51 pm by silent majority »
I'm obviously wasting my metaphorical breath!!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #275 on January 22, 2020, 10:36:07 pm by IDM »
Exactly IDM.

Seems reasonable to me..

I'm not pushing for names and other explicit detail on the clubs dealings. I'm just asking for an understanding of where we are, how busy are we and why deals have not yet taken place, although inevitably some of the detail comes through.

Hopefully that means I can put people's minds at ease,so I can assure them that there are no underlying reasons as to the slow movement so far.

It's up to individuals as to whether they believe me, and some will twist my words looking to put a negative slant on them. That's the frustrating part of this IDM.

We will know when we know..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #276 on January 22, 2020, 10:39:15 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Chaps, we all wish the window works out as DM wants it. Point being that DM is calling the shots and doing it his way as S_M has done his best to point out.

The hardest thing to do is trust and be patient. We've seen all sorts of finger pointing suggesting all sorts of crap that has no foundation whatsoever yet, we wait to see the players that DM has tergetted so of course, none of us can be confident without seeing the spoils of DM's hard work.

It strikes me that DM will work his butt off for DRFC, is comfortable with the framework he's working in, with the people he's working with, sticks with his beliefs and will give our players every chance to succeed. I really hope and believe, sooner or later, those attributes will pay off.

He should be receiving better support from us than he's getting.

I swear that if a typical Rovers fan won £1m, he'd moan cos it was paid in £5 notes!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #277 on January 23, 2020, 07:05:27 am by DearneValleyRover »
this continuing doom is becoming ridiculous

DVR, with all due respect, not all of us have the inside track on the goings on at DRFC, and don’t insult me by telling me that you don’t hear a few whispers from time to time. From my perspective, what is getting ridiculous is the dismantling of a squad that did ok last season and one which I thought (foolishly) that we would build on this season.

I’m not insulting you it’s your choice to believe the doom and gloom social media posts over those who you believe have a little knowledge and are telling you different. I can honestly say I was worried when we got to the middle of the month but not now.

That is fair enough DVR.
I have looked at your mid month posts and they do reflect that you were as worried as the next man about our lack of incoming players.
It does appear though that you do have a little knowledge of what is going on behind the scenes and as a result you are now more comfortable with our situation about potential signings.
You must be aware of how other posters who aren’t privileged with inside information feel.

I am hound however the depths of despair and ridiculous statements about the board that have been posted is way over the top

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #278 on January 23, 2020, 07:09:45 am by DearneValleyRover »
Exactly, hound. It’s easy to be smug when you know what’s likely to happen.

I hope the people who do know are not going to end up with large portions of egg on their faces. As that would mean that we have got our long overdue fingers out.

I’m hardly being smug Alan, I can definitely state that I do not know the name(s) of any players on Darren’s A or B list but I am aware that things are being put in place and that the Club will be making signings this window, I had hoped it would put your mind at ease along with SM’s comments but alas no you would rather wallow in the doom

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #279 on January 23, 2020, 07:46:56 am by Alan Southstand »
DVR, nobody is wallowing in anything. You said yourself you were concerned  only a few days ago now. Were you wallowing?

All I see is what’s been happening since the end of the play-offs last season and, you tell me, where is the evidence for anyone to trust what we, as a Club, have done since? Excepting the appointment of DM as manager. He has been the only appointment we’ve made. And I went on record, at the time, to express my joy that we’d managed to secure him. But I did say that we must back him, and we’ve barely done that. Yes, we’ve got loanees coming out of our ears, but in the summer they will be long gone and we start again!

Here we are, nearly into February and no striker in the team. JM left last summer! The frustration is palpable. That’s what it is - total and utter frustration.

DRNaith

• VSC Member
« Reply #280 on January 23, 2020, 07:55:54 am by DRNaith »
Chaps, we all wish the window works out as DM wants it. Point being that DM is calling the shots and doing it his way as S_M has done his best to point out.

The hardest thing to do is trust and be patient. We've seen all sorts of finger pointing suggesting all sorts of crap that has no foundation whatsoever yet, we wait to see the players that DM has tergetted so of course, none of us can be confident without seeing the spoils of DM's hard work.

It strikes me that DM will work his butt off for DRFC, is comfortable with the framework he's working in, with the people he's working with, sticks with his beliefs and will give our players every chance to succeed. I really hope and believe, sooner or later, those attributes will pay off.

He should be receiving better support from us than he's getting.

I swear that if a typical Rovers fan won £1m, he'd moan cos it was paid in £5 notes!!

... and how much of that £1m could they bring themselves to pour into the Rovers with no intention of receiving anything in return?
« Last Edit: January 23, 2020, 09:07:40 am by DRNaith »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #281 on January 23, 2020, 08:19:17 am by IDM »
DVR, nobody is wallowing in anything. You said yourself you were concerned  only a few days ago now. Were you wallowing?

All I see is what’s been happening since the end of the play-offs last season and, you tell me, where is the evidence for anyone to trust what we, as a Club, have done since? Excepting the appointment of DM as manager. He has been the only appointment we’ve made. And I went on record, at the time, to express my joy that we’d managed to secure him. But I did say that we must back him, and we’ve barely done that. Yes, we’ve got loanees coming out of our ears, but in the summer they will be long gone and we start again!

Here we are, nearly into February and no striker in the team. JM left last summer! The frustration is palpable. That’s what it is - total and utter frustration.

Don’t forget that transfer dealings aren’t just about the buying/loaning club..

We may have been unfortunate more than other clubs, where the other club/agent/player puts some obstacle into a move.

Disappointment and frustration is understandable but you do come across as despairing, sorry.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #282 on January 23, 2020, 10:18:26 am by dickos1 »
Now we have been told signings are going to happen, let’s just wait now and see.
The worry was always we weren’t going to sign anyone, but we’ve been categorically told now that they will happen.
So the negativity should maybe disappear

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #283 on January 23, 2020, 10:24:14 am by DearneValleyRover »

Have I made the types of comments that you react to? I was concerned yes and I understand the frustration but the we don’t have any money the squad is being dismantled type of posts that are being made are way over the top, the Club wants championship football it sees it as the best way of becoming self supporting, why would they not invest in the squad? The delay in signings isn’t the board, SM has more than once stated the reason but due to some people’s issues with him he shouldn’t be believed and the conspiracy theorists should?

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #284 on January 23, 2020, 10:38:37 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/two-done-deals-and-ben-whiteman-latest-darren-moore-provides-transfer-update-league-one-gossip-1373291

Today's click bait.

Sunderland continue to be interested in anyone with a pulse.

DM will leave others to search for signings? That's not what he said btw!

DRFC have no interest in selling BW. True, we don't unless.....

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #285 on January 23, 2020, 05:01:57 pm by i_ateallthepies »

Alan, I really don't think we can say the manager hasn't been backed, money hasn't yet been spent that is certainly true to say but.  On the basis that DM is working to his squad building strategy which is the most reliable insight any of us has then he has a pot of money to spend and he's determined to do the very best with it.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #286 on January 27, 2020, 01:34:39 pm by NickDRFC »
Delighted to add one in for Rovers now!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #287 on January 27, 2020, 01:53:57 pm by bpoolrover »
Blackpool have signed kirenan dewsbury hall on loan from Leicester

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #288 on January 27, 2020, 02:36:54 pm by Alan Southstand »
Blackpool could be dark horses in the run-in. They have made quite a few good signings this month.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #289 on January 27, 2020, 02:59:20 pm by Metalmicky »
Blackpool could be dark horses in the run-in. They have made quite a few good signings this month.

Or even dark donkeys  :whistle: ...... with them being near the seaside

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #290 on January 31, 2020, 10:24:01 am by NickDRFC »
Just updated this as of this morning. At the time of writing, there have been 55 transfers for the 23 clubs - 36 loans, 10 for undisclosed fees, 5 free transfers, 3 unattached signings and 1 disclosed fee (£500k for Peterborough). 3 clubs - Accrington, Coventry & Southend - haven't made any moves yet. Will be interesting to see whether that changes and how many other moves will be made over the next few hours.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #291 on January 31, 2020, 01:11:54 pm by Alan Southstand »
Blackpool busy again - the first of 3 new signings completed - a right back from Reading.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #292 on January 31, 2020, 03:55:34 pm by 5 on Tour »
Well done to Luke Matheson of Rochdale currently have his medical at Wolves.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #293 on January 31, 2020, 04:01:10 pm by Alan Southstand »
A couple of possible signings that could have a major impact on one of our competitors:

From the BBC:

Brentford are close to the double signing of Tarique Fosu Henry and Shandon Baptiste from Oxford United.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #294 on January 31, 2020, 04:09:59 pm by Reesielad »
Matheson for 1M but 3M for McCallum, I don’t get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #295 on January 31, 2020, 04:15:11 pm by Retdon1 »
Well done to Luke Matheson of Rochdale currently have his medical at Wolves.

It’s a great move for him that he’s going there as he will get a decent chance of getting first team football in the next few years. At a top 6 club he would just stay in under 23s for next 5 years.... Good for Rochdale to make a few quid too as usually decent kids get pinched by prem clubs for a pittance

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #296 on January 31, 2020, 06:37:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
Kazaiah Sterling gone on loan to Leyton Orient.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012