Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 12:04:38 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League One January transfers thread  (Read 26861 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: League One January transfers thread
« Reply #30 on January 09, 2020, 04:48:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
We’re pretty good at getting rid!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on January 09, 2020, 05:08:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
That hasn't always been the case, so that's a positive then!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on January 09, 2020, 05:09:51 pm by steve@dcfd »
Rotherham set to sign Hakeeb Adelakun from Bristol city who we was rumoured to be interested in

Rotherham have signed him today

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on January 09, 2020, 05:14:35 pm by 5 on Tour »
Sharp and Lafferty both now linked with Sunderland. Surely Sharp would only play for us in League 1? Maybe I’m just optimistic.

They’ve already held talks with Lafferty apparently.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 09, 2020, 05:16:29 pm by IDM »
I expect Billy would be happy bench warming at the Blades, and if not, there’s plenty of championship teams he could join..  I said it the other day that I can see him going to Leeds..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 09, 2020, 05:17:39 pm by drfchound »
Marcus Brown resigns for Oxford on loan till the end of the season that’s 3.

If we're including players re-signing on the thread, then we're up to two ourselves with Deing and Sheaf

I was waiting for someone to make this point.
Some posters will use it as a stick to beat posters who are sceptical about us getting anyone in at all.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 09, 2020, 05:46:38 pm by Reesielad »
Gary Maxine has been paid up by Cardiff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on January 09, 2020, 06:15:37 pm by NickDRFC »
12 clubs in our league have now signed at least one player - more than half. Nothing for us to worry about yet as there's still plenty of time but there's certainly been a bit of activity so far.

Oxford look to have done the best business so far for me.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 09, 2020, 06:34:53 pm by dickos1 »
12 clubs in our league have now signed at least one player - more than half. Nothing for us to worry about yet as there's still plenty of time but there's certainly been a bit of activity so far.

Can’t be right nick,
There’s no players available in January 🙄

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 09, 2020, 06:52:11 pm by steve@dcfd »

Can’t be right nick,
There’s no players available in January 🙄

Majority of the players signed to league 1 clubs have been loans were agent fees maybe don’t come into the issue.

Oxford signed 4 players 3 loans and 1 undisclosed doesn’t mean it will guarantee success but will certainly help.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 09, 2020, 06:56:31 pm by the vicar »
Interesting to see how many of those are loans - and yet there are many on here who lament the use of the loan system...

BTW.....small point, Muhammadu Faal joined Bolton from Enfield...
loans are going to be the norm in the economical climate we are in it is a no brainer

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 09, 2020, 08:16:48 pm by idler »

I'm sure that any club near the bottom three and even those in it will be desperate to improve their squads.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on January 09, 2020, 08:34:49 pm by silent majority »
Sharp and Lafferty both now linked with Sunderland. Surely Sharp would only play for us in League 1? Maybe I’m just optimistic.

I struggle to see Sunderland doing anything remotely adventurous.

I mean, the owner has just put them up for sale, increasing the cost/debt in the next few weeks wouldn't be the wisest choice. Unless of course he thinks they may get promoted and then the value rises. Risky gamble though.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:05:21 am by silent majority »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 10, 2020, 09:45:28 am by Filo »

I snuggle to see Sunderland doing anything remotely adventurous.

I mean, the owner has just put them up for sale, increasing the cost/debt in the next few weeks wouldn't be the wisest choice. Unless of course he thinks they may get promoted and then the value rises. Risky gamble though.

I think I read somewhere that their parachute payments stop at the end of this season as well

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 10, 2020, 10:06:33 am by silent majority »

I snuggle to see Sunderland doing anything remotely adventurous.

I think I read somewhere that their parachute payments stop at the end of this season as well

Yes that's right. A risky project for anybody, unless they're a star bargain.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 10, 2020, 03:08:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
Lincoln have signed 4 today

2 loans and 2 permanents, all young lads from Premiership and Championship.

Arsenal, West Ham, Fulham and West Brom.

No players available? Yeh, right.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 10, 2020, 03:36:09 pm by selby »
  Alan, you and others seam to be getting all worked up about signing players over the last few days.
    Can I put it to you that signing anyone this week  was the wrong time to bring anyone in anyway, after Tuesdays win following the Oxford  victory any new recruit would have been difficult for any manager to put into a team, not only because of the success, but the time limitations on actually training with the first team Wednesday would have been a rest day  Thursday light training and team preparation for the Bristol game, Friday travel, probably light training near the hotel, Saturday a game day.
   What Lincoln or any other team does we have no control over, and getting our knickers in a twist will make no difference whatsoever to any time lines for new signings. The big question to me is, if we sign a striker of note, who steps aside to accommodate him if every one is fit, as I happen to think that the team that played Tuesday is one of the top teams in this division anyway.
   I am fully aware, and agree that the squad is thin in numbers, but would argue strong in ability, yes we need two or three players in, but  we need to get the players the manager wants, not for the sake of a short time line.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 10, 2020, 03:43:18 pm by dickos1 »
Nobody is saying get the players in free sake of it, get the manager the players in he wants. All these other clubs are getting players in that they want not just for the sake of it
There’s been some great signings so far, players that would’ve been good for us

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 10, 2020, 03:48:27 pm by IDM »
Maybe those players aren’t the ones DM wants..?

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 10, 2020, 03:55:41 pm by steve@dcfd »
You could be right you could be wrong we don’t know. But the longer we wait the hard it will be to sign players that DM wants. Maybe David Blunt is using hard nosed construction negotiations when it comes to signing any player whether new or some we want to resign.
What or who are we going to say or blame if the transfer window goes by and we don’t make any worthwhile signings.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 10, 2020, 03:58:12 pm by Alan Southstand »
Selby, there is no such thing as a short time line in our case. We’ve had an abysmal summer, transfers wise, and every man and his dog has acknowledged that. So, we should have had a plan in place, since the end of August, to rectify our failings in the summer. The longer we leave it, the more chance there is of us getting no-one, as potential competition for signings will get tougher.

I simply don’t wear the team logistics being a reason we don’t sign anyone. Get them in, let them feel their way around the place and get to know their new team mates, for goodness sake. It’s not rocket science.

I’m pleased that the precarious position we find ourselves in, squad wise, is not completely lost on you and I’m thankful for that. The problem is, there are people at the Club that seem to think we’re ok.

2 injuries and 2 suspensions, as things stand, and we are well and truly scuppered.

I wish someone would get their proverbial fingers out!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on January 10, 2020, 04:01:48 pm by IDM »
Having a plan in place, and making it succeed are different things..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 10, 2020, 04:04:32 pm by IDM »
You could be right you could be wrong we don’t know. But the longer we wait the hard it will be to sign players that DM wants. Maybe David Blunt is using hard nosed construction negotiations when it comes to signing any player whether new or some we want to resign.
What or who are we going to say or blame if the transfer window goes by and we don’t make any worthwhile signings.

If that happens then I for one would be disappointed - when I am thinking about all things DRFC.  The rest of the time I will get on with my life and not waste my energy posting on social media that it’s the end of the world, as undoubtedly some would - not aimed at anyone in particular, of course..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on January 10, 2020, 04:04:54 pm by since-1969 »
I think DRFC are just time waister window shoppers who haven’t pot to piss in !!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on January 10, 2020, 04:06:30 pm by IDM »
I think DRFC are just time waister window shoppers who haven’t pot to piss in !!

Perfectly illustrating my last point..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 10, 2020, 04:07:31 pm by dickos1 »

We’ve definitely missed out on some players that he wanted.
As we did in the summer.

It seems to be he has one target and if that doesn’t come off then he doesn’t have anything else so starts again, whereas usually a club will identify a number of players for that position and if they don’t get their first they move done the list.

This is how it seems to me, before people get their knickers in a twist

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 10, 2020, 04:13:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
My knickers are not twisted but by the sounds of it, a few are definitely singing soprano with the angst!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 10, 2020, 04:14:49 pm by IDM »

As we did in the summer.

It seems to be he has one target and if that doesn’t come off then he doesn’t have anything else so starts again, whereas usually a club will identify a number of players for that position and if they don’t get their first they move done the list.

It’s not how I would interpret DM’s comments in the DFP website and RS interviews.  I thought he was looking at several players at the same time, not one after another..

Which players have we missed out on in this window, who he was after.?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 10, 2020, 04:16:18 pm by silent majority »

Perfectly illustrating my last point..

Exactly. What a waste of energy.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 10, 2020, 04:19:38 pm by silent majority »

As we did in the summer.

Steady on fella.

We haven't missed out on any targets in this window, not yet anyway.

And of course there's more than one lined up, but to suggest you jump from one to the other in the hope that one of them signs on the spot today is hardly sending out the right message. And if you think DM is going to sign someone just to appease you or any other supporter then you're so wrong.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012