Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:12:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: League One January transfers thread  (Read 27180 times)

Rovers91

• Forum Member
Re: League One January transfers thread
« Reply #90 on January 16, 2020, 06:41:57 am by Rovers91 »
Our summer was poor and this window so far is poor. First told hopefully someone in by Shrewsbury, then hopefully a couple in by Bristol and now we are nearly at Coventry and nobody brought in. Serious questions need to be asked why can other clubs bring players in they identify but we are struggling to? At this rate Marquis will be retired before we sign his replacement.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 16, 2020, 08:22:06 am by Chris Black come back »
I’ve certainly got no inside information but it looks pretty clear from the comments Moore has given about this window and what he is trying to bring in to the squad, that we are looking at loan(s). If so then we are going to have to wait for Premier League and Championship clubs to release them, which will be likely towards the end of the window, if not the very end.

Don’t forget also that in Baptiste and Blair we have two very experienced players that are now back in the match day squad. Yes we need support and competition for Ennis but beyond that, is there really much room on the bench?

In the summer, matters are different.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #92 on January 16, 2020, 08:31:05 am by NickDRFC »
I’ve certainly got no inside information but it looks pretty clear from the comments Moore has given about this window and what he is trying to bring in to the squad, that we are looking at loan(s). If so then we are going to have to wait for Premier League and Championship clubs to release them, which will be likely towards the end of the window, if not the very end.

Don’t forget also that in Baptiste and Blair we have two very experienced players that are now back in the match day squad. Yes we need support and competition for Ennis but beyond that, is there really much room on the bench?

In the summer, matters are different.

Why should it likely be towards the end of the window for Prem/Championship clubs to release their players? There have been 18 loans to our league from above so far so clearly not everyone is waiting until the end of the window. There will no doubt be a flurry towards the end of the window but I think that will be more to do with clubs desperate to add to their squad late on rather than clubs holding onto players they are intending to loan out right now (with the odd exception such as Idah).

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #93 on January 16, 2020, 08:42:48 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Thing is, Idah could have easily been here already but for a twist if fate. The Shrewsbury lad and Semeyno  have not gone anywhere yet. DM has earned the right to wait for the ones he really wants assuming he knows they are still on the cards.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on January 16, 2020, 08:54:43 am by IDM »
I don’t interpret DM’s latest comments to mean loanees only.. if he can get the right players on permanent deals, to improve the squad, he says he will for any position..

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 16, 2020, 08:58:21 am by steve@dcfd »
With 4 loans at the club I don’t see clubs wanting to loan a player to sit in the stand on match days.
Dieng, John, Sheaf and Ennis will be in the match day squad regularly unless injured or suspended. So really there is room for one more for the match day squad. Bringing in a sixth player is only there to cover one or two of the five.
Signing a permanent player or players  should be one of the objectives in this window, to do that we have to be competitive with fees, if required, and wages. Really the only changes in the summer  is we get more players on frees therefore wages become more competitive.
We could be playing hard ball but by the end of the window we will know if our transfer strategy from the club is working.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 16, 2020, 12:36:14 pm by Reesielad »
Sammie Szmodics who we were linked with has joined Peterborough on loan for the rest of the season from Bristol City.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 16, 2020, 12:52:03 pm by steve@dcfd »
Sammie Szmodics who we were linked with has joined Peterborough on loan for the rest of the season from Bristol City.

Proactive loaned him before or if Maddison goes to a Championship club. If he stays they have another player for their midfield.

jm291

• VSC Member
« Reply #98 on January 16, 2020, 02:21:14 pm by jm291 »
Our summer was poor and this window so far is poor. First told hopefully someone in by Shrewsbury, then hopefully a couple in by Bristol and now we are nearly at Coventry and nobody brought in. Serious questions need to be asked why can other clubs bring players in they identify but we are struggling to? At this rate Marquis will be retired before we sign his replacement.

Have to say this is THE most frustrating part for me. Stop saying we are close when we quite clearly aren't. Quotes like that is what gets us fans frustrated when it then doesn't happen.

Unsure as to what has happened with the club and signings in the last 18 months/2 years - I can never remember a time when we have found it so hard to get things over the line. The only thing I can think is that we are offering considerably less wages than all other Lg1 teams which makes it a bit of a no brainer for players. After all its a short career!

I hate Peterborough, their chairman, their manager but you cant fault the way they go about transfer dealings. They get quality players in the door year after year. Wish we could do the same!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #99 on January 16, 2020, 03:04:38 pm by Alan Southstand »
The way we’re going about it, is unsustainable!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 16, 2020, 03:29:30 pm by drfc1951 »

When were we linked with him?I never saw that.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #101 on January 16, 2020, 07:51:16 pm by Reesielad »

When were we linked with him?I never saw that.

Just Twitter, but that’s where majority of the links come from nowadays. I accept they should be taken with a pick of salt, however, he could be one of the players DM has said chose to go elsewhere.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #102 on January 16, 2020, 07:55:06 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Once again, can someone point me to where DM said we have missed out please.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on January 16, 2020, 07:56:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
It’s been posted.

Reesielad

• Forum Member

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 16, 2020, 08:17:52 pm by NickDRFC »
Once again, can someone point me to where DM said we have missed out please.

“There’s one or two that we’ve missed out on for various reasons,” he said.

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-desire-signings-missing-out-players-and-why-no-deals-have-been-done-so-far-doncaster-rovers-1367536

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #106 on January 16, 2020, 08:20:06 pm by eastender »
Gary Madine signed for Blackpool from Cardiff for free.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on January 16, 2020, 08:22:58 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
As I’ve pointed out on the other thread, that's not what he actually said. Have you listened to the actual interview or just read Hodens piece.

I urge you to listen to Oxley's interview too. At the end of the day, it's the same speculation we get in every transfer window, and always will.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #108 on January 16, 2020, 09:05:56 pm by silent majority »
You're definitely right Baz, that is just Holdens spin.

We haven't missed out yet, we're still chasing Plan A.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #109 on January 16, 2020, 09:10:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
You're definitely right Baz, that is just Holdens spin.

We haven't missed out yet, we're still chasing Plan A.

Thanks. I thought I was going mad. I listened to the interview and wondered what all the fuss was about.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on January 16, 2020, 09:24:28 pm by Alan Southstand »
The way it’s written is that there are quotation marks around the words, meaning DM actually said them. I guess he may have even taped the interview, so if he hasn’t deleted it, it could be proven if he was questioned about it.

Why would Liam Hoden make such a thing up?

Unless the words are challenged, how does anyone know for sure whether they are factually correct, or otherwise? Only Liam and Darren know the answer to that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #111 on January 16, 2020, 09:28:46 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
The way it’s written is that there are quotation marks around the words, meaning DM actually said them. I guess he may have even taped the interview, so if he hasn’t deleted it, it could be proven if he was questioned about it.

Why would Liam Hoden make such a thing up?

Unless the words are challenged, how does anyone know for sure whether they are factually correct, or otherwise? Only Liam and Darren know the answer to that.

Alan. Have you listened to Adam Oxley's interview?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #112 on January 16, 2020, 09:44:04 pm by IDM »
I just have, all 13 minutes of it..

To me it looks like the DFP has misquoted DM.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 16, 2020, 10:00:55 pm by bpoolrover »
Blackpool have signed Gary madine could be a good signing

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #114 on January 16, 2020, 10:32:40 pm by Alan Southstand »

No, I’ve read the article in the FP. Was DM talking to AO at the same time?

We’re you there?

Is it not feasibly possible he could have said something more to Hoden that he didn’t say to Oxley?

Until Hoden says he made a mistake, then one has to assume that what Hoden put in quotation marks, DM actually said. Who am I to question that?

Whoever said what to who is less of a problem, by comparison, to the fact that we are 2 weeks away from not reinforcing the squad/team at all and it’s not sitting with me at all well. After all, like I’ve previously said, we’ve had since September to sort our strategy out and check out all possibilities.

It also seems to me that certain people are (unfairly) pointing the finger at DM for our transfer failings, to date and, if that is the case, then that’s out of order. If my perception is wrong, then I apologise, but it does seem like it.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #115 on January 16, 2020, 10:36:52 pm by silent majority »
Has he admitted his mistake over the Shrewsbury lad yet?

I wouldn't believe everything you read in print.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on January 16, 2020, 10:37:27 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

No, I’ve read the article in the FP. Was DM talking to AO at the same time?

We’re you there?

Is it not feasibly possible he could have said something more to Hoden that he didn’t say to Oxley?

Until Hoden says he made a mistake, then one has to assume that what Hoden put in quotation marks, DM actually said. Who am I to question that?

Whoever said what to who is less of a problem, by comparison, to the fact that we are 2 weeks away from not reinforcing the squad/team at all and it’s not sitting with me at all well. After all, like I’ve previously said, we’ve had since September to sort our strategy out and check out all possibilities.

It also seems to me that certain people are (unfairly) pointing the finger at DM for our transfer failings, to date and, if that is the case, then that’s out of order. If my perception is wrong, then I apologise, but it does seem like it.

Yes, perculiar isn't it. We have yet to hear it from DMs mouth. For your own benefit, listen to it. You may not change your view. That's up to you.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on January 16, 2020, 10:56:59 pm by IDM »
There is much more in the RS interview..

Some of it is in the DFP but the bit about targets being missed wasn't in the RS one..

Unless there were two separate interviews the DFP appears to have misquoted..

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #118 on January 16, 2020, 10:59:36 pm by dickos1 »

He just quoted the Shropshire newspaper for that one though didn’t he?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #119 on January 16, 2020, 11:08:13 pm by silent majority »

He just quoted the Shropshire newspaper for that one though didn’t he?

I'm not suggesting he didn't, what I am saying is don't believe everything you read.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012