Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 08:59:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Getting them over the line”  (Read 40106 times)

dickos1

• VSC Member
Re: “Getting them over the line”
« Reply #360 on January 18, 2020, 06:21:18 am by dickos1 »
We have a worrying number of hardened conspiracy theorists who see malign intent behind every action or attempted action by the club.

Conspiracy theories 😂😂😂😂

So we are now expected to not believe what the manager says now, just because it doesn’t follow the narrative?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #361 on January 18, 2020, 06:22:31 am by dickos1 »
I think you’ve missed the bit rich, where Moore has stated he’s got players that he wants and he’s tried to sign some of these but missed out on them.
So it’s got nothing at all to do with him not wanting to sign Tom dick and Harry

And you’ve missed the bit where I’ve said that’s not true.

How can it not be true Martin,

Moore has said it himself, he’s not going to lie is he

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #362 on January 18, 2020, 08:44:15 am by drfchound »
I think you’ve missed the bit rich, where Moore has stated he’s got players that he wants and he’s tried to sign some of these but missed out on them.
So it’s got nothing at all to do with him not wanting to sign Tom dick and Harry

So, just For clarity, in the interview with DM, when he says that we have missed out on some players that he wanted to sign, that DM is fibbing.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #363 on January 18, 2020, 09:06:36 am by Rovers Return »

I love how you and certain others word your posts and questions to create further more disruptive disagreements. I think it’s a bit like the Spanish Inquisition and nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

If SM replies “ All I said was this halibut is good enough for Jehovah” You lot would cry “Blasphemy!” Your only making it worse for yourself “ (Credit. Life of Brian 1979) 😂🤣🤣

Seriously though guys you need to stand back and look at yourselves.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #364 on January 18, 2020, 10:31:46 am by DonnyBazR0ver »

I love how you and certain others word your posts and questions to create further more disruptive disagreements. I think it’s a bit like the Spanish Inquisition and nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition.

If SM replies “ All I said was this halibut is good enough for Jehovah” You lot would cry “Blasphemy!” Your only making it worse for yourself “ (Credit. Life of Brian 1979) 😂🤣🤣

Exactly. Everyone's fed up of the whinging and points scoring. If you're not happy with the club, send an email to request a meeting with Gavin and ask the questions you want answered. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear of the solutions being suggested.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #365 on January 18, 2020, 10:54:26 am by IDM »
And folks like me get drawn in, to counter things.  Not just to express a different opinion, more to point out inaccuracies or unfounded views etc.

Hopefully the forum tonight will be a place of celebration after the game.!

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #366 on January 18, 2020, 01:50:31 pm by dickos1 »

Don’t think that’s correct at all

Darren Moore, said we’ve missed out on targets but SM said this isn’t correct.
One way or another someone isn’t telling the truth

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #367 on January 18, 2020, 01:59:10 pm by Michael Gibson »
Facts are...... we’ve had months to prepare deals and nobody of note has arrived. Facts are.... manager after manager says they have funds available but on leaving a completely different story emerges and the pattern is continuing with DM.... sooner these clowns sell up the better

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #368 on January 18, 2020, 02:03:05 pm by IDM »
Clowns.?

Look in the mirror eh.?

Michael Gibson

• Forum Member
« Reply #369 on January 18, 2020, 02:33:59 pm by Michael Gibson »
You can say whatever you want with the other ‘dozen’ at tops... there’s issues and you probably know what they are, it’s starting to be comical listening to the ‘few’!! I honestly think the rovers support is in the majority of a change at the top.... silence is deafening and rumours abound all is not well....,

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #370 on January 18, 2020, 03:05:10 pm by Nudga »
You can say whatever you want with the other ‘dozen’ at tops... there’s issues and you probably know what they are, it’s starting to be comical listening to the ‘few’!! I honestly think the rovers support is in the majority of a change at the top.... silence is deafening and rumours abound all is not well....,

Issues are when the stadium gets burned down, when Sunday league players are rounded up to play on a Saturday, when the club is threatened with liquidation.

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #371 on January 18, 2020, 03:13:52 pm by Al4475 »
With respect - I would imagine that that is complete b*llocks!

There may be a fair few who are a bit frustrated with the lack of incomings/perceived lack of ambition etc etc - but rovers are currently in the top 10 in the third tier with a 'threadbare' squad and the club is well recognised as being a well-run model - despite the owners funding big sums each year.

I reckon most fans are happy but a tad frustrated.

Who's gonna replace 'the clowns' some self-obsessed millionaire playing with dirty money? A lucky fan who's just won the euro-millions? A non-existent hedge fund? An oil oligarch from arabia/russia - nah I don't think so.

Keep it as we are for me, bide our time, do it right, be patient, keep improving the manager, bring a few kids through, tie important players down to long term contracts, utilise good quality loans (the kind of player you could never permanently sign), sell the odd nugget of a player for decent profit, occasionally spend some money on a player who will improve the squad on a permanent and push for small improvements every season - to ensure sustainability.

I'll take the latter please!

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #372 on January 18, 2020, 03:39:18 pm by Alickismyhero »
Idah, not even on the bench today, could it be he's on the way?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #373 on January 18, 2020, 05:37:36 pm by RoversAlias »
I thought the same looking at the Norwich line up, Alickismyhero.

Would be a much needed boost if we were to sign Idah this week!

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #374 on January 18, 2020, 06:06:17 pm by johnny rovers »

Exactly. Everyone's fed up of the whinging and points scoring. If you're not happy with the club, send an email to request a meeting with Gavin and ask the questions you want answered. I'm sure he'll be glad to hear of the solutions being suggested.

Why Gavin? And why not Mr Blunt, he's the chairman. He's the one running the football club!!!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #375 on January 24, 2020, 09:48:40 am by Filo »
30th December, we were at an advanced stage in negotiations with a few signings

https://www.doncasterfreepress.co.uk/sport/football/darren-moore-reveals-early-transfer-window-hopes-doncaster-rovers-one-deal-advanced-stage-1351926

Today 24th January, 7 days of the transfer window to go, and nothing at all, 26 days since we were at an advanced stage, it’s getting ridiculous

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #376 on January 24, 2020, 10:02:49 am by Reesielad »
Looks like our friends Charlton will be getting Idah over the line pretty soon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #377 on January 24, 2020, 10:03:58 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
At the moment Filo we don't know whether it's rediculous or DM being a tactical genius.

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #378 on January 24, 2020, 10:28:05 am by Retdon1 »
It’s getting daft now. Who ever is in charge of getting these transfers over the line clearly isn’t up to the job

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #379 on January 24, 2020, 10:31:51 am by keith79 »
I have asked the same question before. Who job is it to get the transfers over the line?. No one knows

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #380 on January 24, 2020, 10:46:39 am by Michael Shaw »
It’s odd that the question has come up. I have always thought that it was the manager’s responsibility to pick suitable players to fit in with his playing style, and it was the manager’s role to get the new players into the club. He would obviously have assistants/staff who would help to get the contracts sorted. And if the team fail to perform to the board’s expectations it is the manager who gets the chop.

Now Moore is saying that his job is just to get the next win and everything else lies with someone else and contracts are not his problem. And yet he is the one who will carry the can if the lack of striker or other players means we miss out on a playoff place.

I find it a little baffling after all these years and I thought I understood it.   

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #381 on January 24, 2020, 10:53:21 am by IDM »
Does no one actually consider that the selling/loaning club, agents and players have a say in coming here or not.?

OK that doesn’t explain why we haven’t signed players whilst other clubs have, but folks seem to forget there are two sides to every transfer.

We can’t force players to join.!

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #382 on January 24, 2020, 10:53:30 am by Jonathan »

I wouldn’t have expected him to move anywhere until after their FA Cup game this weekend.

Anyhow Darren Moore suggested that he wasn’t Plan A, and that our main targets have not been outed in the press.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #383 on January 24, 2020, 10:54:16 am by IDM »
Why let that get in the way of social media rumours and demands.?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #384 on January 24, 2020, 11:00:18 am by Michael Shaw »

I wouldn’t have expected him to move anywhere until after their FA Cup game this weekend.

Anyhow Darren Moore suggested that he wasn’t Plan A, and that our main targets have not been outed in the press.

What is his Plan A or B and who is her going after? We have no idea and never had. So he can say anything and no-one can disagree.
A bit like the board can make claims about the budget provided, but we really have no idea.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #385 on January 24, 2020, 11:01:57 am by IDM »
And nor should we.!

Why should the club do their transfer dealings in the public domain.??

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #386 on January 24, 2020, 11:06:39 am by Michael Shaw »
We see potential transfers relating to other clubs openly related on the other football sites, but rarely anything about Rovers. Why wouldn't Rovers fans want to know something or is ignorance considered to be a virtue for Rovers fans?

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #387 on January 24, 2020, 11:09:10 am by Michael Shaw »
Without social media rumours Rovers fans would have nothing to talk about, as it is clear the club doesn't want us know anything and you are supporting that.

Michael Shaw

• Forum Member
« Reply #388 on January 24, 2020, 11:15:07 am by Michael Shaw »
And nor should we.!

Why should the club do their transfer dealings in the public domain.??

No-one is asking how much we pay for individual players or how much they get paid a week. But it should be reasonable to have some idea of who or what positions we might be getting in the next week.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #389 on January 24, 2020, 11:15:33 am by Metalmicky »
We see potential transfers relating to other clubs openly related on the other football sites, but rarely anything about Rovers. Why wouldn't Rovers fans want to know something or is ignorance considered to be a virtue for Rovers fans?

No Michael, ignorance is only blessed on a select few........

TinyPortal © 2005-2012