Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 06:18:58 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: “Getting them over the line”  (Read 40010 times)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: “Getting them over the line”
« Reply #60 on January 09, 2020, 05:29:20 pm by the vicar »
Yes I'm sure we do everything goes through the agents and the club

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 09, 2020, 05:36:54 pm by scawsby steve »
It just gets me that other teams can get players over the line but we can't.  Is it we are aiming too high or is it we don't give agent a big enough cut or is it we are not paying enough wages, I don't know but there is surely a a miss

Good point Dave. I suspect it's a combination of all those things.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 09, 2020, 05:40:51 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Can see levels of criticism building up here and knives being  sharpened.

Do you really expect the club to tell us about every deal in the offing, their progress and reasons they may fall through?

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 09, 2020, 05:46:37 pm by Campsall rover »
Personally I would rather wait until the summer and sign the players DM wants, rather than sign someone now just to make up the numbers.
It’s quality not quantity we need in the summer.
We have plenty of young players knocking on the door in Jones, Amos, Blaney, Greaves, Gomes, Watters etc. Plus the option of another few loanees to replace existing ones assuming we don’t keep any of the existing ones.

We need to sign Deing if possible or another quality keeper if he is not made available by QPR.
Another 2/3 permanent signings in the summer required.

No drastic transfer activity is required.

Couple of loanees now will do nicely thankyou. 

I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about.
We are 2 points outside the play offs with 1/2 games in hand. That has been achieved with disruptions to our season and injuries to key players.

That is the reality of the situation. From where i am sat it’s a very positive situation.

Why can’t we sign players Moore wants now? Do you really think he’s targeted nobody for this window?
The squad was wafer thin a month ago, since then we’ve lost 3 players and you’re suggesting we don’t need players?
Moore has even stated himself we need bodies, you predicted earlier this season we could finish top two and now you’re resigning yourself to a midtable finish, because that is all we can hope for with no additions
Hang on a minute. Your making things up again that i supposedly have said.

1) When did i say we could finish in the top 2.  You keep changing the position i said we would finish.
Pre season i said top 6  Still saying top 6 
Anyone COULD finish top 2 of course but i never said i thought we would. Never.

2) When did i say we don’t need any new players. I have just said that we do. But not any old players. Rather stick with what we have got than bring in the wrong ones. I said I would rather wait until the summer if the Right ones are not available now.

3) When did I say i would be happy with a mid table finish. Never said that.
What i said was if we don’t get promoted this season it is not a disaster as we will be much stronger next season and would be better equipped for the Championship.

If you have the evidence i said any of those things please show me and i will apologise to you.

Who says we can’t sign players DM wants now. We have 22 more days. I will tell you what the problem is and you have already been told.
1) Not many available to buy on a permanent. Those that are want silly wages. DRFC won’t pay inflated wages.
2) Greedy Agents. DRFC will not pay silly money to 3rd parties

Now sit tight and wait. All this getting into a stew because of no sign of a new body coming in is getting a bit daft don’t you think.
If we were sliding down towards a relegation place i could understand your concern but in our current form and league position it’s totally unjustified.

All the above is just my opinion ok.  :that:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2020, 05:49:09 pm by Campsall rover »

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 09, 2020, 05:48:55 pm by Filo »
Just listened to the Radio Sheffield interview, it’s groundhog day with all the cliche’s in there,

Getting them over the line

Crying over spilt milk

Blah blah blah!

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 09, 2020, 05:51:40 pm by steve@dcfd »
1) Not many available to buy on a permanent. Those that are want silly wages. DRFC won’t pay inflated wages.

But those points do not change for good players in any window. You just have more lower level players available in summer.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on January 09, 2020, 05:53:07 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just listened to the Radio Sheffield interview, it’s groundhog day with all the cliche’s in there,

Crying over spilt milk

Blah blah blah!

What do you want him to say? What would you say Filo?

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 09, 2020, 05:54:19 pm by Move DRFC »

But those points do not change for good players in any window. You just have more lower level players available in summer.

Dear me. With that attitude we can forget getting any proven quality permanent signings.

Not having a go, they can spend their money however they want. Is what it is!

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on January 09, 2020, 05:56:30 pm by Campsall rover »

Correct Steve.
So what DM will do is bring in loans which are more cost effective and look for bargain players which he can develop, coach and turn into what we need to get out of this league.
That’s what good managers and coaches do and they also bring lads through from the youth team /U23’s

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 09, 2020, 06:00:18 pm by Campsall rover »

Dear me. With that attitude we can forget getting any proven quality permanent signings.

Not having a go, they can spend their money however they want. Is what it is!
With that attitude.  :zzz:

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 09, 2020, 06:01:20 pm by the vicar »
Question do you have to pay agents if we are bringing in players on loan?
in answer to your question, I have just found out, not usually but sometimes we have

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on January 09, 2020, 06:02:22 pm by Filo »

Crying over spilt milk

Blah blah blah!

What do you want him to say? What would you say Filo?

You know what, I don’t know what I would say, but that interview could have been one from the summer transfer window, all the soundbites and buzz phrases but nothing is happening, I can’t believe people are not concerned by the lack of activity, it’s plain to see there is a problem somewhere with the recruitment strategy. Everyone is more or less in agreement, we have a decent starting 11 but zero back up, it’s worrying and frustrating

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 09, 2020, 06:11:17 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Knowing the answers may be more frustrating than not knowing!

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 09, 2020, 06:13:27 pm by Chris Black come back »
Hope we have enough sedatives in stock at DRI to calm all the toddlers about to have tantrums at the end of the window.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on January 09, 2020, 06:14:30 pm by the vicar »
True but it is the answer lol

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 09, 2020, 06:17:59 pm by scawsby steve »
Hope we have enough sedatives in stock at DRI to calm all the toddlers about to have tantrums at the end of the window.

Why do you say "at the end of the window" Chris? Are you not expecting any recruitment?

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 09, 2020, 06:23:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
No idea really. Could be 0, could be 1, could be 10. Either way I’m not going to lose any sleep over situation. Plenty sound like they are going to burst several blood vessels, arteries and aortas. Am sure we are seeking the best we can and if it does not come off, it does not come off. No point people getting tearful.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 09, 2020, 06:23:15 pm by the vicar »
In truth we will only get in what is worth getting in, I don't want DM bringing in players that are not up to the challenge, be has done that to give them a chance but that failed with Bingham Thomas and the lad from Luton

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on January 09, 2020, 06:24:42 pm by Barmby Rover »
I am not expecting anything to happen in this transfer window at all, we seem to have no other ambition other than to stay comfortable, making the fans have expectations but still produce some decent football with what we have, and come close enough to keep us all hoping that next season it will come good, and we do! Those who should want more and have the means to change things have no interest in us or our team particularly. So we keep hoping, and watching, and remembering.

Donnybax

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on January 09, 2020, 06:25:22 pm by Donnybax »
No idea really. Could be 0, could be 1, could be 10. Either way I’m not going to lose any sleep over situation. Plenty sound like they are going to burst several blood vessels, arteries and aortas. Am sure we are seeking the best we can and if it does not come off, it does not come off. No point people getting tearful.
do you believe that our current squad is good enough to achieve our target of reaching the play offs?

scunny rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on January 09, 2020, 06:28:55 pm by scunny rover »
Bored  of this already ,glad I'm away for some winter sun on saturday

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on January 09, 2020, 06:29:18 pm by Chris Black come back »
If we win our games in hand we are in the play offs. Whoever is in the XI or the squad needs to deliver on that.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on January 09, 2020, 06:33:24 pm by dickos1 »
Personally I would rather wait until the summer and sign the players DM wants, rather than sign someone now just to make up the numbers.
It’s quality not quantity we need in the summer.
We have plenty of young players knocking on the door in Jones, Amos, Blaney, Greaves, Gomes, Watters etc. Plus the option of another few loanees to replace existing ones assuming we don’t keep any of the existing ones.

We need to sign Deing if possible or another quality keeper if he is not made available by QPR.
Another 2/3 permanent signings in the summer required.

No drastic transfer activity is required.

Couple of loanees now will do nicely thankyou. 

I really don’t understand what all the fuss is about.
We are 2 points outside the play offs with 1/2 games in hand. That has been achieved with disruptions to our season and injuries to key players.

That is the reality of the situation. From where i am sat it’s a very positive situation.

Why can’t we sign players Moore wants now? Do you really think he’s targeted nobody for this window?
The squad was wafer thin a month ago, since then we’ve lost 3 players and you’re suggesting we don’t need players?
Moore has even stated himself we need bodies, you predicted earlier this season we could finish top two and now you’re resigning yourself to a midtable finish, because that is all we can hope for with no additions
Hang on a minute. Your making things up again that i supposedly have said.

1) When did i say we could finish in the top 2.  You keep changing the position i said we would finish.
Pre season i said top 6  Still saying top 6 
Anyone COULD finish top 2 of course but i never said i thought we would. Never.

2) When did i say we don’t need any new players. I have just said that we do. But not any old players. Rather stick with what we have got than bring in the wrong ones. I said I would rather wait until the summer if the Right ones are not available now.

3) When did I say i would be happy with a mid table finish. Never said that.
What i said was if we don’t get promoted this season it is not a disaster as we will be much stronger next season and would be better equipped for the Championship.

If you have the evidence i said any of those things please show me and i will apologise to you.

Who says we can’t sign players DM wants now. We have 22 more days. I will tell you what the problem is and you have already been told.

Now sit tight and wait. All this getting into a stew because of no sign of a new body coming in is getting a bit daft don’t you think.
If we were sliding down towards a relegation place i could understand your concern but in our current form and league position it’s totally unjustified.

All the above is just my opinion ok.  :that:

1/
Sorry yes, you’re right your prediction was top 3 not top 2.

2/ nobody is suggesting signing any old players, were suggesting signing players that Moore has targeted and wants to sign.

3/ if you’re happy settling with the squad as it is now then you’re settling for midtable

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on January 09, 2020, 06:36:08 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Incidentally, talking of agents and fees, there's also the unsavoury world of bungs which are still prevalent in football. You only have to look at the reason Leeds sacked Gary Monk to know the proverbial brown envelope still lives. I think we have a good idea about certain managers/chairmen in the game who like a 'deal'. Offshore accounts etc etc.

I had dealings with a 'scout' who works directly and indirectly for a prominent football manager. Basically he was acting as an unlicensed agent and receiving bungs for services rendered, and I'm don't mean for his scouting for which he was being paid a pittance.

Anyway, just saying there are some unethical people in the game and it's hardly surprising with the amount of money swimming about in the game. There's alot of back scratching going on and it strikes me our club are less likely to tread in that murky world.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on January 09, 2020, 06:38:00 pm by scawsby steve »
If we win our games in hand we are in the play offs. Whoever is in the XI or the squad needs to deliver on that.

Totally agree with that, and there's no doubt that our starting 11 is good enough to deliver on that.

However, the concern on here is injuries and suspensions, which this squad at the moment isn't strong enough to carry. If we don't recruit, we won't sustain a top 6 position. That's the reality.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on January 09, 2020, 06:38:28 pm by the vicar »
I personally think he is waiting for the right person to come in eg, if he wants player x but there club will only let them go out If they get some one in, in that scenario, so he will wait for that player

Jersey Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on January 09, 2020, 06:45:50 pm by Jersey Rover »
January is littered with teams panic buying and paying over the odds for players. Without being disrespectful we grabbed a couple of forwards at the start of the season when time was running out. I would rather us not buy anyone if there not what we want rather than get a few bodies in that are not up to the standard we require and be lumbered with them on the wage bill for the next couple of seasons.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on January 09, 2020, 06:47:06 pm by the vicar »
Actually we do have a track record of getting people in

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on January 09, 2020, 06:52:37 pm by drfchound »
All this talk about DM only bringing in the right players doesnt guarantee that the players he brings in WILL BE the right players.
He might eventually get someone in but of course they could turn out to be a flop.
Another scenario of course is that DM might wait......and wait......and wait......for the so called right player and then at the 11th hour the said player may decide to go elsewhere leaving us with no one, or another Bingham as a last resort.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on January 09, 2020, 06:52:43 pm by graingrover »
There are 92 clubs doing business in this window of which 9 of 31 days have elapsed .There are 92 forums a bleating for another 21 days .That’s the entertainment , a test of nerves , a test of patience,a test of faith in the club you support and especially a time for feeding the greedy agents .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012