Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:09:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving.  (Read 11986 times)

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Brexit - the gift that keeps on giving.
« Reply #60 on January 25, 2020, 08:04:57 pm by Sprotyrover »
When did Switzerland join the EU?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfcdrfc

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 26, 2020, 02:16:33 am by drfcdrfc »
Drfc, I might have been repeating b*llocks, that I can't substantiate but stop telling me I am a liar, I don't even have any reason to be in this case.
   And instead of coming on here wasting time calling me a liar, look for another job.

Why would I look for another job?According to you, its a growing industry in this country.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 26, 2020, 10:34:10 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Switzerland has freedom of movement with the EU.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 26, 2020, 12:02:44 pm by Sprotyrover »

Switzerland has freedom of movement with the EU.

ThTs something that we can negotiate without having some some fat tard from Benelux telling us what to do

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 26, 2020, 12:54:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
You think this Govt is going to negotiate freedom of movement?

What, precisely have you been doing this past 3 years?

Ldr. You know when you say I'm being spiteful and unpleasant telling Leave supporters that they need to man-up and own the outcome? THIS sort of nonsense is what I'm talking about. This passionate support for Leaving without the first idea of what Leaving means, and the child-like assumption that somebody will wave a wand and make all the difficult things go away.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on February 03, 2020, 06:53:15 pm by Not Now Kato »
Our government's official view of a trade deal with the EU....

https://www.parliament.uk/business/publications/written-questions-answers-statements/written-statement/Commons/2020-02-03/HCWS86/

And the EU's view of the same deal....

https://ec.europa.eu/info/sites/info/files/communication-annex-negotiating-directives.pdf

So an Australian style, (a polite way of saying No Deal), Deal is now looking very likely - and all the problems that go with it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on February 04, 2020, 01:46:47 am by SydneyRover »
Looks like Johnson is going to negotiate a trade deal with the EU with both hands tied behind his back, sort of like threatening all the other clubs by telling them, well we're not going to buy any players at all in this transfer window, so suck on that!  :)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on February 05, 2020, 10:34:54 pm by Not Now Kato »
Some on here keep telling us that things aren't really as bad as many of us believe it is.

Well....

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17537879.has-no-one-noticed-the-uk-national-debt-has-topped-2-trillion/?fbclid=IwAR0IDlVia7S5aZ1wHd4wr2MRW0qk2Je-LIfrtMX0k_HNJl6OSt_OXxRdUsA

Another way of looking at the national debt is this: debt per person is £34,676. Debt per taxpayer is £59,643. According to the National Debt Clock, the debt increases at the rate of £5,170 per second, or £310, 200 per minute, or £18,612,000 per hour, or £446.6 million per day.

I wonder where Johnson is going to get the money from keep his promise of £350 Million for the NHS?

Muttley

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on February 05, 2020, 11:48:44 pm by Muttley »
  I don't think so buddy, just don't honestly  know what programme it was on, Whoever it was did state that car sales this month were up on the sales in January last year,
  Until I or whoever sees or hears the figures again then we will see. I do know what I heard while driving let's wait and see.
  I know people will come on at me if I misheard, but stand by your beds I will let you know if I am correct.  Might even give you a pan handle to wear with name calling like that buddy.

“The UK new car market declined -7.3% in the first month of 2020, according to figures published today by the Society of Motor Manufacturers and Traders (SMMT). 149,279 vehicles left showrooms in January, as continued confusion surrounding diesel and clean air zones and ongoing weak consumer and business confidence continue to affect demand.”

Looks like you were wrong after all!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on February 06, 2020, 12:11:19 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Drfc, I might have been repeating b*llocks, that I can't substantiate but stop telling me I am a liar, I don't even have any reason to be in this case.
   And instead of coming on here wasting time calling me a liar, look for another job.

For what it's worth, I don't think you're a liar.

I DO think you get lied to regularly, and you choose to believe those lies and ignore people who tell you the truth.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2020, 07:05:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on February 06, 2020, 09:08:05 am by idler »
Some on here keep telling us that things aren't really as bad as many of us believe it is.

Well....

https://www.thenational.scot/news/17537879.has-no-one-noticed-the-uk-national-debt-has-topped-2-trillion/?fbclid=IwAR0IDlVia7S5aZ1wHd4wr2MRW0qk2Je-LIfrtMX0k_HNJl6OSt_OXxRdUsA

Another way of looking at the national debt is this: debt per person is £34,676. Debt per taxpayer is £59,643. According to the National Debt Clock, the debt increases at the rate of £5,170 per second, or £310, 200 per minute, or £18,612,000 per hour, or £446.6 million per day.

I wonder where Johnson is going to get the money from keep his promise of £350 Million for the NHS?
At what point do we actually address this downward spiral?
We are just throwing good money after bad. Why are questions not being asked?
So much for the party of economic responsibility.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on February 10, 2020, 04:26:20 pm by foxbat »

French firm (Thales) wins Royal Navy Type 31 frigates contract

Oh well... voters cannot say they weren't warned.

- no more shipbuilding
- no more car manufactruing

This Tory #brexit is going to
destroy industries and entire communities

... but its what 'the people' voted for !

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on February 10, 2020, 04:29:54 pm by foxbat »
Slough for Europe🇪🇺🎪@SloughForEU

Brexit job losses to 31st January.

Total Jobs Lost: 436,296
Total Annual Wages Lost: £12,511,660,392
Reduction in Annual Income Tax & National Insurance Receipts: £3,747,289,625.52

#BrexitReality #Brexodus

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on February 10, 2020, 04:44:12 pm by Donnywolf »
#Brexmyheart but #FemallImallrightjack

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on February 10, 2020, 06:06:09 pm by selby »
  Foxbat, the work is being undertaken in Britain, with over a thousand directly employed including apprenticeships, and a supply and training  back up of thousands also in this country.
  Looks like a French firm coming over here to do business to me, probably less union problems.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on February 10, 2020, 08:39:48 pm by Sprotyrover »

- no more shipbuilding

No, the Type 31 Frigate is not going to be built in France

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on February 10, 2020, 09:28:31 pm by wilts rover »

- no more shipbuilding

No, the Type 31 Frigate is not going to be built in France

B****y frenchies coming over here and building (the communication + guidance systems for) our ships..

Good mate of mine works for the company that provided the same pieces of kit for the Queen Elizabeth aircraft carriers - hope he can speak French or it looks as though he will be out of a job fairly soon.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on February 11, 2020, 12:09:38 pm by Not Now Kato »
 Gove in the Leave Campaign said

We are going to have an ambitious comprehensive free trade deal with the EU

But now Gove tells the truth-

In the first official confirmation that the government is going to impose trade barriers post-Brexit, he warned there would be checks on food and goods of animal origin, plus customs declarations and mandatory safety and security certificates required for all imports.

You have to accept we will need some friction. We will minimise it but it is an inevitability of our departure

He told delegates at a Cabinet Office event held in central London on Monday, entitled Preparing Our Border for the Future Relationship.

It’s amazing how all the Leave campaign’s promises have evaporated like teardrops in the rain. This is, of course, what they wanted all along. Diverge, deregulate, dismantle.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-51453189

I hope all you leavers are happy with this.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #78 on February 11, 2020, 05:28:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

In the first official confirmation that the government is going to impose trade barriers post-Brexit, he warned there would be checks on food and goods of animal origin, plus customs declarations and mandatory safety and security certificates required for all imports.

You have to accept we will need some friction. We will minimise it but it is an inevitability of our departure

He told delegates at a Cabinet Office event held in central London on Monday, entitled Preparing Our Border for the Future Relationship.

It’s amazing how all the Leave campaign’s promises have evaporated like teardrops in the rain. This is, of course, what they wanted all along. Diverge, deregulate, dismantle.

But those aren't mutually exclusive - we can have a fully comprehensive free trade agreement but we will still have to impose all those checks and bureaucracy because we're not in the Single Market any more. Removing trade friction was what the Single Market was all about and anybody who thought we could leave the Single Market and keep frictionless trade was either an idiot or a credulous fool. As I've been telling people for years!

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on February 12, 2020, 12:33:48 pm by SydneyRover »
There must be millions of brexiteers in their bedrooms knocking out best sellers along with the Sun and all those other dodgy media outlets, ''We Wuz Right''  :(

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #80 on February 12, 2020, 04:33:34 pm by Not Now Kato »

But those aren't mutually exclusive - we can have a fully comprehensive free trade agreement but we will still have to impose all those checks and bureaucracy because we're not in the Single Market any more. Removing trade friction was what the Single Market was all about and anybody who thought we could leave the Single Market and keep frictionless trade was either an idiot or a credulous fool. As I've been telling people for years!

The point was more about yet another lie being told by project leave and people falling for it.  It was even compounded by our illustrious PM "There will no no checks"....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcMV3JU0hts

When the reality, (yes, anyone with half a brain could see through the lie in the first place), is....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7988197/Import-controls-begin-soon-Brexit-transition-ends-says-Gove.html

But people massively fell for the lie, as they fell for all the other lies; and no one is being brought to book about it!

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 12, 2020, 07:41:03 pm by foxbat »
N26 The Mobile Bank — N26 United Kingdom

Closure of UK bank.

With the UK having left the EU at the end of January, we will in due course no longer be able to operate in the UK with our European banking licence. As such we can no longer open new N26 accounts and will be closing existing accounts on 15 April 2020

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 12, 2020, 09:08:46 pm by Iberian Red »
  Facebook announcing  a thousand jobs here as well Sydney, they all want to come.

You really have no idea,do you!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on February 12, 2020, 10:20:26 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
  Facebook announcing  a thousand jobs here as well Sydney, they all want to come.

You really have no idea,do you!

Maybe they'll be buying all them new cars we are sel...oh, hang on.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #84 on February 13, 2020, 12:41:46 pm by Not Now Kato »
Leavers must love the fact that we're finally taking back control

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/feb/13/eu-to-put-cayman-islands-on-tax-haven-blacklist

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 13, 2020, 01:12:08 pm by Not Now Kato »
Yet more 'Taking Back Control'.  The leavers must be truly loving it

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-51474001

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 13, 2020, 01:15:48 pm by Axholme Lion »
Beetroot

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 13, 2020, 01:22:15 pm by SydneyRover »
I would think most by now Kato have been to see their financial planners and are wondering what they'll do with all the extra dough coming in. Businesses will be on a massive recruitment drive. It's all stations go, move aside or get trampled.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #89 on February 13, 2020, 02:02:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Another one that clearly has nowt to do with Brexit.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-wiltshire-51473399?__twitter_impression=true

What HAVE you done lads?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012