Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 02:23:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 21227 times)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
Sadlier
« on January 10, 2020, 08:47:00 am by 5 on Tour »
Not sure if this on another topic so if it is apologies.

Sadlier’s contract situation reads that we have made an offer and he/his agent hasn’t come back to us. To me it seems like he is waiting to see if other offers come in. Hull and the Snakey one have talked about making a move. I wonder, hope not, if we are going to lose him to the decision above.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #1 on January 10, 2020, 09:02:02 am by the vicar »
If he stays all well and good, if he goes oh well, there is life after any player

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on January 10, 2020, 09:02:20 am by wing commander »
He needs to be careful,he is a very good player but he can also be very inconsistent as well and disappear in games.If he thinks the grass is greener then he might be in for a shock.No doubt his agent is pulling his string and telling him to wait.One of those that the longer it goes on,the more likely he will leave on a free when his contract expires..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on January 10, 2020, 09:03:42 am by IDM »
Or it may be that his representatives are trying to secure a better deal - we’ve made our offer so it’s kit of the club’s hands now..

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on January 10, 2020, 09:04:20 am by jackthelad »
Hopefully it’s sorted soon, it would be very disappointing to lose him.

He’s a good player though and I can’t believe how often he is on the bench, be a big loss if he was to go so let’s hope he signs.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on January 10, 2020, 09:13:47 am by Chris Black come back »
What do any of us really know, but tone of that article suggests he is weighing up his options and him staying looks very far from certain.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 09:19:43 am by Chris Black come back »

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on January 10, 2020, 09:15:02 am by deebee »
Or it may be that his representatives are trying to secure a better deal - we’ve made our offer so it’s kit of the club’s hands now..
What's it got to do with the clubs kit?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on January 10, 2020, 09:16:16 am by IDM »
Out of the club’s hands, auto correct..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on January 10, 2020, 09:28:32 am by since-1969 »

Sadlier’s contract situation reads that we have made an offer and he/his agent hasn’t come back to us. To me it seems like he is waiting to see if other offers come in. Hull and the Snakey one have talked about making a move. I wonder, hope not, if we are going to lose him to the decision above.
It makes you wonder if a player who’s career has been launched and is scoring goals is struggling to commit, what does it say about the clubs over all contract strategy. We have players being let go , players brought in clearly not suitable for L1 and sitting on funds but won’t part with them ! DM must think he’s in the “Twilight Zone”.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on January 10, 2020, 09:33:23 am by IDM »
No, it’s you who lives in the twilight zone..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on January 10, 2020, 09:33:36 am by drfchound »

Danny Andrew got slated and was called a greedy so and so for something similar to this.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on January 10, 2020, 09:39:47 am by since-1969 »
No, it’s you who lives in the twilight zone..
You are always welcome to join me !!

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on January 10, 2020, 09:40:21 am by donny dave »
Let's not start jumping to conclusions.
This is part of negotiation.
I probably would not accept the first offer that came in.
I hope he stays.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on January 10, 2020, 09:44:49 am by Jonathan »

Danny Andrew got slated and was called a greedy so and so for something similar to this.

When you say similar, it’s not really is it. If we are to believe Grant McCann (and it’s certainly the reason why Danny Andrew received criticism) then we made Andrew an offer that would make him one of the highest paid full backs in the league, and he continually gave assurances that he was about to sign, and then signed for Fleetwood. This doesn’t read like that to me.

Sadlier is our top scorer and I’d imagine also high up in the list of assists and chances created. He’s one of our best players and will still get better so we should be doing all we can to keep him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on January 10, 2020, 09:55:40 am by drfchound »

When you say similar, it’s not really is it. If we are to believe Grant McCann (and it’s certainly the reason why Danny Andrew received criticism) then we made Andrew an offer that would make him one of the highest paid full backs in the league, and he continually gave assurances that he was about to sign, and then signed for Fleetwood. This doesn’t read like that to me.

Sadlier is our top scorer and I’d imagine also high up in the list of assists and chances created. He’s one of our best players and will still get better so we should be doing all we can to keep him.

I agree that we should try to keep him ,I haven’t said otherwise.
The story hasn’t yet run its course though.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on January 10, 2020, 10:16:39 am by Bezza »
Hope he stays, but if he doesn't he's not irreplaceable

The Beast

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on January 10, 2020, 10:23:49 am by The Beast »
It’s football, it’s the nature of the beast, not right in my eyes but the way it is. Sadlier is an attractive proposition because he will be available for free in July. If he had 2 years on his contract he could be worth 500k + , so other clubs will throw silly wages at him which we can’t match, it happens to Spurs, Arsenal, everyone, why should little old Donny Rovers with a less than half full stadium be any different. Let’s have some realism, too many cheap shots at the club !
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:34:22 am by The Beast »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on January 10, 2020, 10:31:34 am by IDM »
If there wasn’t interest in one of our best players and the current top scorer, I would be concerned.!!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on January 10, 2020, 10:34:33 am by wing commander »
  I'm not sure I would agree with that Beast,personally don't think he would command anywhere near that fee or have a list of clubs chasing him for silly money.He is a league 1 player currently struggling to hold down a first team spot in a mid table club..

In my opinion his agent has probably said to him that he has managed to get into the fringes of the Irish squad and if he wants to push on into it he will need to raise his profile.So his agent will be pushing him around championship clubs and seeing if he gets a bite,if not there is our deal to fall back on..

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on January 10, 2020, 10:39:09 am by IDM »
Struggling to hold down a first team spot.?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on January 10, 2020, 10:39:55 am by Rovers Return »
  I'm not sure I would agree with that Beast,personally don't think he would command anywhere near that fee or have a list of clubs chasing him for silly money.He is a league 1 player currently struggling to hold down a first team spot in a mid table club..

In my opinion his agent has probably said to him that he has managed to get into the fringes of the Irish squad and if he wants to push on into it he will need to raise his profile.So his agent will be pushing him around championship clubs and seeing if he gets a bite,if not there is our deal to fall back on..

Or one particular club that ryhmes with dull, bull, full, gull, mull,cull,lull,null, pull..............................:-)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on January 10, 2020, 11:12:40 am by Jonathan »
I think he’s started 19 out of our 22 league games and has 8 league goals from that? Having played every minute of the recent Christmas fixtures I don’t think it’s particularly accurate to class him as struggling to hold down a first team place!

Canadian Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on January 10, 2020, 11:42:34 am by Canadian Rover »
Would be great to see this lad tied down to a longer term contract. He's a very good player for us.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on January 10, 2020, 01:53:51 pm by keith79 »
Hopefully not another danny Andrews.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on January 10, 2020, 01:56:20 pm by silent majority »

How would he be? Andrews agreed the deal, said he'd be in to sign the paperwork on a couple of occasions, and then signed for Fleetwood instead.

But anyway, Andrews leaving enabled us to get a decent and more consistent full back in.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on January 10, 2020, 02:00:01 pm by 5 on Tour »
I’d have James over Andrews so that worked out.

As long as this situation does I’m happy either way. I hope Sads stays as he’s great but if he leaves and we sign someone better then so be it.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on January 10, 2020, 02:02:53 pm by keith79 »

How would he be? Andrews agreed the deal, said he'd be in to sign the paperwork on a couple of occasions, and then signed for Fleetwood instead.

But anyway, Andrews leaving enabled us to get a decent and more consistent full back in.

I ment by keeping us waiting and waiting then ends up flooding off

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on January 10, 2020, 02:21:00 pm by Chris Black come back »
Signing James from Sunderland cannot have been cheap given the wages you might imagine he was on there.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on January 10, 2020, 02:32:22 pm by scawsby steve »
Hope he stays, but if he doesn't he's not irreplaceable

Dead right Bezza, but who do we replace him with? At the moment we can't even replace Thomas and Bingham with any f*cker.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on January 10, 2020, 02:35:12 pm by Pancho Regan »
I know this is a thread about Sadlier but since Reece James has been brought up...

.... what a good signing this lad was. The only thing he lacks which Andrew has is a threat at set-pieces, but his general play and his defensive ability is better than Andrew's.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012