Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 04:36:21 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 21418 times)

Jonathan

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #30 on January 10, 2020, 02:42:30 pm by Jonathan »
This season he’s scoring at a rate of just under a goal every other game and he’s adjusted to the system that we want to play in. I don’t think people should be getting blasé about that. It would be potentially costly and disruptive to replace. If we were linked with signing a player at his age and with that strike rate at this level then we’d all be getting excited about it. And the club would have to be preparing to shell out a lot of money.

Said all season that Whiteman, Anderson and Sadlier had to be priorities to secure on longer contracts. We’ve got two done and hopefully we’ll get the third.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 10, 2020, 02:55:57 pm by RoversAlias »
Sadlier has started all but three of our games this season (four including the cup) and he's been subbed on in every one of those. So why some are saying he doesn't hold down a place is beyond me.

For me, we should have got him tied down to a deal earlier in the season as he is our top scorer and we face losing him for nothing. He was brought in for free on an 18 month deal and is now surely worth a fair bit. I hope he signs but it's another thing to be mindful with as the season progresses.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 10, 2020, 03:36:38 pm by Rovers Return »
Sadlier has started all but three of our games this season (four including the cup) and he's been subbed on in every one of those. So why some are saying he doesn't hold down a place is beyond me.

For me, we should have got him tied down to a deal earlier in the season as he is our top scorer and we face losing him for nothing. He was brought in for free on an 18 month deal and is now surely worth a fair bit. I hope he signs but it's another thing to be mindful with as the season progresses.

Not if he doesn't want to be tied down and has eyes for another

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 10, 2020, 04:27:52 pm by silent majority »
Hopefully not another danny Andrews.

How would he be? Andrews agreed the deal, said he'd be in to sign the paperwork on a couple of occasions, and then signed for Fleetwood instead.

But anyway, Andrews leaving enabled us to get a decent and more consistent full back in.

I ment by keeping us waiting and waiting then ends up flooding off

In that case then yes I agree with you.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 10, 2020, 05:20:41 pm by since-1969 »
What does DM do if Stadlier says he’s happy to leave in the Summer , should he still select him over any new player coming in !

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on January 10, 2020, 05:22:45 pm by IDM »
He selects the best players he thinks will win each game, on merit..

If Sadlier looks to leave in the summer he needs to be in the shop window, and meanwhile if he performs for us, all the better.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 10, 2020, 08:55:41 pm by BradwellRover »
No pace...little work rate...a couple of limited tricks...little in the way of creativity...poor positioning...skips tackles...erratic passing...not for me thanks.

He can hit a ball for sure, resulting in the odd impressive goal, but only a small percentage of attempts actually go in. Most of the time he’s a dead end for a move. 

I see him as a squad player.

« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 09:00:23 pm by BradwellRover »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 10, 2020, 09:00:01 pm by IDM »
Each to their own, but I reckon a few might disagree..

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on January 10, 2020, 09:03:48 pm by BradwellRover »
I’m sure others will disagree, but that’s the beauty of a forum to discuss such matters.

I really have been disappointed with him this season though.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 10, 2020, 09:10:29 pm by drfchound »
Just a little aside.
Two more of our players whose names are spelled incorrectly.
Andrews and Stadlier.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on January 10, 2020, 09:31:28 pm by NickDRFC »
Just a little aside.
Andrews and Stadlier.

Well, one of our players and one of our former players ;)

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 10, 2020, 09:37:22 pm by since-1969 »
I’m sure others will disagree, but that’s the beauty of a forum to discuss such matters.

Why ? after all he is the only one that’s scoring . He contributes a fair amount with his passing and running off the ball creating space for others to run into .
« Last Edit: January 10, 2020, 10:07:38 pm by since-1969 »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 10, 2020, 09:43:16 pm by drfchound »

Why ? after all he is the only one that’s scoring goal . He contributes a fair amount with his passing and running off the ball creating space for others to run into .

The only one scoring a goal?
Really?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 10, 2020, 09:55:28 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Just a little aside.
Andrews and Stadlier.

And another - listening to iFollow on Tuesday has left me wondering whether Waters is the new Sharpe, Ostler or McGammon. 😀

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on January 10, 2020, 10:08:33 pm by since-1969 »

Why ? after all he is the only one that’s scoring goal . He contributes a fair amount with his passing and running off the ball creating space for others to run into .

Really?
your Pathetic he’s the only one scoring regularly !

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on January 10, 2020, 10:11:08 pm by drfchound »

Really?
your Pathetic he’s the only one scoring regularly !

You missed “regularly” from your earlier post sir.

Why the anger in your reply?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on January 10, 2020, 10:15:09 pm by Jonathan »
No pace...little work rate...a couple of limited tricks...little in the way of creativity...poor positioning...skips tackles...erratic passing...not for me thanks.

He can hit a ball for sure, resulting in the odd impressive goal, but only a small percentage of attempts actually go in. Most of the time he’s a dead end for a move. 

This is a joke, surely? Along with Coppinger he links the play better than anyone at the club and covers a hell of a lot of ground down that left side. I love watching him play as he makes things happen. If we lose him (and I hope we don’t) then I suspect it will be to a bigger club.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on January 10, 2020, 10:56:20 pm by Colin C No.3 »
Just a little aside.
Andrews and Stadlier.
The most unforgivable must be Alick (I’ve even seen Alec) Jeffries!

Together with Ian Snowden, Alan Worboys & Peter Docherty!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on January 10, 2020, 11:01:13 pm by RoversAlias »
Just a little aside.
Andrews and Stadlier.

We could sign a player named Dave Smith and people would still spell his name wrong on here. No player seemingly is exempt.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on January 11, 2020, 10:24:38 am by BradwellRover »

This is a joke, surely? Along with Coppinger he links the play better than anyone at the club and covers a hell of a lot of ground down that left side. I love watching him play as he makes things happen. If we lose him (and I hope we don’t) then I suspect it will be to a bigger club.

No joke at all, we obviously see very different things...isn’t that the joy of football and the debate that surrounds it?

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 11, 2020, 10:26:55 am by BradwellRover »
He is the ending of many attacks though, as he either checks back due to lack of pace/tricks or loses the ball.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 11, 2020, 10:35:23 am by Bezza »
The thing with Sadlier, he is improving there is a lot more to come from him, he struggled to get through games at one time, now you can see his improved fitness,

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 11, 2020, 10:52:13 am by IDM »
He is the ending of many attacks though, as he either checks back due to lack of pace/tricks or loses the ball.

Alternatively, he’s been at the right end of the attacks on 9 occasions this season, twice at Peterborough when they were on 2nd place before the game..

Yes, Sadlier hasn’t always been at his best but he has a scoring and assisting talent which can come out at any time..

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 11, 2020, 10:53:06 am by Campsall rover »
Plenty more to come from Sadlier.
He is probably not playing in what will be his best position.
Can see him doing the Copps role eventually.
Very talented footballer not the quickest in terms of pace but footballers come in various guises.
Don’t think Copps would be described even 10 years ago as quick.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 11, 2020, 10:56:14 am by Jonathan »
Re: ending attacks, I just don’t see that. In fact quite the opposite. And I don’t just mean subjectively, but if you look at the stats the evidence is clear. More goals than any other player, more assists (alongside Coppinger) than any other player. And just taking the other night’s game as an example, I think pretty much every chance we created came through him. All attacking players will lose the ball on occasion by taking risks (it happened to Coppinger multiple times the other night) but if we’re talking efficiency and productivity in the final third the we’ve nobody else even close to Sadlier. So I just don’t get the argument of attacks breaking down with him at all.

Hypothetically speaking, if today we were linked with an attacking player that’s 25 years old and topping the goalscoring and assists chart for his club in this division then everyone would be getting hugely excited on here! Let’s focus on keeping hold of our own so we don’t have to shell out the kind of fee it would cost to replace that contribution.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on January 11, 2020, 10:59:38 am by IDM »
At the third division level you will always have inconsistencies as players and mistakes from now and then.  Some people will highlight those times more that the good things a player may bring..

If these talented players were more consistent playing at their best, they would be at a higher level.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 11, 2020, 12:29:00 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

No player in the squad, Coppinger included, has made more assists than Sadlier.

Top scorer
Top assists.

What precisely do you want?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on January 11, 2020, 12:31:50 pm by Filo »
Just a little aside.
Andrews and Stadlier.

We could sign a player named Dave Smith and people would still spell his name wrong on here. No player seemingly is exempt.

Would that be Dave Smiff 😂

jackthelad

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on January 11, 2020, 12:57:01 pm by jackthelad »
I cannot get my head around some of our fans and forum users.

Top goal scorer, most assists, relatively young... he’s one of the better players in the division.

The people slating him now and saying he’s average are probably the same ones who said we wouldn’t miss Marquis.

BradwellRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on January 11, 2020, 02:44:10 pm by BradwellRover »
I cannot get my head around some of our fans and forum users.

Top goal scorer, most assists, relatively young... he’s one of the better players in the division.

The people slating him now and saying he’s average are probably the same ones who said we wouldn’t miss Marquis.

Yes, quite.

It’s very clear that you are unable to comprehend that people might hold a contrary view.  It seems you are perfectly able to make huge judgements without any evidence though.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012