Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 07:53:56 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 21402 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #90 on January 29, 2020, 07:52:11 am by Metalmicky »
Thought Sads had a good game tonight - and bagged a couple of great goals to boot.  Would really like the club/DM to sort out an contract extension for him....... preferably sooner rather than later...  :scarf:

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #91 on January 29, 2020, 09:59:56 am by drfchound »
Agreed on that MM but I have a horrible feeling that he will be looking to go elsewhere.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #92 on January 29, 2020, 10:03:33 am by IDM »
I thought the club had sorted this but it’s uo to the player and his agent to agree, or not.?

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #93 on January 29, 2020, 10:18:18 am by Alan Southstand »
It’s got nothing to do with DM. It’s between the player, his agent and the CEO upwards.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #94 on January 29, 2020, 12:10:12 pm by Mike_F »
The way I see this is he was brought in as a bit of a punt from a spell in Ireland and certainly won't be one of the top earners. Hi stock has undoubtedly risen since then and if we were looking to sign a player under contract elsewhere with his record we'd be looking at high six-figure sums and a significant wage commitment. if we lose him for nothing it'll be gutting and we'll have to shell out to replace him.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #95 on January 29, 2020, 12:20:12 pm by steve@dcfd »
Let’s not forget he allowed his contract to run down in Ireland before we signed him so it’s nothing new to him or his representatives. He may want more than our wage structure will allow. He may want a longer contract or he he’s been tapped up so allowing his contract to run down. We’ll have wait and see.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #96 on January 29, 2020, 12:33:26 pm by Reesielad »
Let’s not forget he allowed his contract to run down in Ireland before we signed him so it’s nothing new to him or his representatives. He may want more than our wage structure will allow. He may want a longer contract or he he’s been tapped up so allowing his contract to run down. We’ll have wait and see.

I honestly think he’s going to run it down, like you say he’s got form for it already. If he does then so be it, nobody is irreplaceable. Just look at when we lost Andrew and how that’s turned out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #97 on January 29, 2020, 12:50:00 pm by RoversAlias »
Sadlier is one of our top performers though, Andrew to be honest rarely was and was often touted as our one weak link in the second half of last season.

I agree that no one is irreplaceable but we will really be missing out if we lose Sads for nothing. He is clearly a very talented player and deserves to be one of our top earners. I really hope we can get him signed on but the longer it runs on the more concerned you get.

Reesielad

• Forum Member
« Reply #98 on January 29, 2020, 02:35:09 pm by Reesielad »
Sadlier is one of our top performers though, Andrew to be honest rarely was and was often touted as our one weak link in the second half of last season.

I agree that no one is irreplaceable but we will really be missing out if we lose Sads for nothing. He is clearly a very talented player and deserves to be one of our top earners. I really hope we can get him signed on but the longer it runs on the more concerned you get.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d be devastated if he did leave for nothing and I’m sure DM knows how valuable he is to the team. I’m sure we’ve offered him decent terms and it will solely be on him and his agent. Still think he’ll run it down though as players who don’t command a fee often get better wages when signing for a new team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #99 on January 29, 2020, 02:51:31 pm by silent majority »
It’s got nothing to do with DM. It’s between the player, his agent and the CEO upwards.

Completely and utterly wrong. It's everything to do with DM, he's the one who decides who he wants in his squad.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #100 on January 29, 2020, 03:35:06 pm by Alan Southstand »
Fair enough - BUT - an offer has been made (supposedly) so that means DM must want him?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #101 on January 29, 2020, 03:54:17 pm by silent majority »
Fair enough - BUT - an offer has been made (supposedly) so that means DM must want him?

If talks have stalled then there could be any number of reasons why that is.

I'm just correcting your assertion that this has nothing to do with DM. DM will no doubt be heavily involved in contract extensions, much more so though than people realise.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #102 on January 29, 2020, 04:03:32 pm by Alan Southstand »
I appreciate that, Martin, but my original post was put there, knowing (or thinking that I knew) that we’d already made him an offer and we were waiting for him (Sadlier) and his representatives. Therefore, I had already assumed DM had made any decision he needed to make and it was then out of his hands. I didn’t think it needed correcting, as such.

Unless, of course, DM has a say in contract negotiations, in which case he will still have an influence.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #103 on January 29, 2020, 04:17:00 pm by Metalmicky »
We have just brought in 2 new strikers. Who do you want Ronaldo & Messi?
Give me strength. Are you ever going to be happy with our recruitment Steve?

I said we would bring in 2/3 players and we have. What’s the problem?

I must have missed the second chap - when did he arrive....?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #104 on January 29, 2020, 04:18:16 pm by silent majority »
I appreciate that, Martin, but my original post was put there, knowing (or thinking that I knew) that we’d already made him an offer and we were waiting for him (Sadlier) and his representatives. Therefore, I had already assumed DM had made any decision he needed to make and it was then out of his hands. I didn’t think it needed correcting, as such.

Unless, of course, DM has a say in contract negotiations, in which case he will still have an influence.

OK, but DM will always have a say because its his budget, to be spent how he sees fit. He wants value for money and will contribute to the decision making because of that.

It may well be that we've made him an offer, it may well be that him or his agent has dismissed that offer, or that he hasn't yet responded, but the response from the player will go back to DM and it will be him who decides if an increased offer is value for money, or maybe somebody else on Adam's list offers better.

We're just speculating until we hear differently, but DM will be central.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #105 on January 29, 2020, 04:18:26 pm by RoversAlias »
Hope he stays, but if he doesn't he's not irreplaceable

Dead right Bezza, but who do we replace him with? At the moment we can't even replace Thomas and Bingham with any f*cker.

His main problem is probably that he made that post three weeks ago?

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #106 on January 29, 2020, 04:19:00 pm by Jonathan »
Hopefully he is offered a contract that reflects the progress he’s made in his time here, and his value to the club. We’re still in January and he’s already up to double figures in goals scored and one of the top assist makers too. If he’s promptly offered a contract that reflects his value then I’m confident he’ll stay. He’s already gone on record as saying how happy he is here.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #107 on January 29, 2020, 04:21:37 pm by silent majority »
Hopefully he is offered a contract that reflects the progress he’s made in his time here, and his value to the club. We’re still in January and he’s already up to double figures in goals scored and one of the top assist makers too. If he’s promptly offered a contract that reflects his value then I’m confident he’ll stay. He’s already gone on record as saying how happy he is here.

How would you know we haven't already? It's the club that will decide his value in the overall scheme.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #108 on January 29, 2020, 04:27:02 pm by Jonathan »

How would you know we haven't already? It's the club that will decide his value in the overall scheme.

I hope that we have.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #109 on January 29, 2020, 04:30:22 pm by Campsall rover »

It was quoted on the other thread by dickos “deal is done” on Okenaberhie or however you spell is name. ;) 
Announcement probably tomorrow?
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 04:35:43 pm by Campsall rover »

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #110 on January 29, 2020, 04:35:36 pm by drfchound »

It was quoted on the other thread by dickos “deal is done” on Ikonaberie or however you spell is name. ;) 

I don’t understand why you have picked out a post that SS made on 10th January.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #111 on January 29, 2020, 04:38:05 pm by Campsall rover »

It was quoted on the other thread by dickos “deal is done” on Ikonaberie or however you spell is name. ;) 

I don’t understand why you have picked out a post that SS made on 10th January.
My mistake hound I thought he posted it today. Will delete  :headbang: thanks for telling me.  :)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #112 on January 29, 2020, 05:33:06 pm by steve@dcfd »
If the club have offered him a contract that they deem is his value then he may want more, we don’t know. Let’s hope he’s not holding the club to ransom to achieve his aim. The clubs negotiating team will decide what’s best for the club. Whether supporters like it or not.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #113 on January 29, 2020, 05:34:29 pm by NewDonny »

Your talking complete and utter rubbish Steve, you don’t know the lad, his agent or anything about his career in Ireland so you are in no position to comment. Anyway what do you care whether he stays or goes, you’ve never had a good word to say about the lad since the day he arrived at the club.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 05:44:02 pm by NewDonny »

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #114 on January 29, 2020, 06:00:00 pm by silent majority »
If the club have offered him a contract that they deem is his value then he may want more, we don’t know. Let’s hope he’s not holding the club to ransom to achieve his aim. The clubs negotiating team will decide what’s best for the club. Whether supporters like it or not.

Agreed.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #115 on January 29, 2020, 06:44:55 pm by Jonathan »
This talk of holding the club to ransom is misplaced and completely baseless.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #116 on January 29, 2020, 07:00:53 pm by i_ateallthepies »
He only said he hopes it isn't happening, Jonathan and I doubt anyone outside of the club will know if it is happening or not.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #117 on January 29, 2020, 07:45:47 pm by silent majority »
He only said he hopes it isn't happening, Jonathan and I doubt anyone outside of the club will know if it is happening or not.

Steve said that the clubs negotiating team will be the best people to judge what's best for the club, that I agreed with.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #118 on January 29, 2020, 08:09:37 pm by johnny rovers »

Steve seemed displeased with Kieron's contribution at the final whistle when I saw him. Not sure why? the difference would of been 1 point instead of 3. Plus there aren't many players in the football league who can score goals like the first one. Keep up the good work and let's hope KSB gets the contract he deserves.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #119 on January 29, 2020, 08:18:06 pm by NewDonny »

Steve said that the clubs negotiating team will be the best people to judge what's best for the club, that I agreed with.

Always the politician eh SM lol!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012