Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 02:38:04 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 21343 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #120 on January 29, 2020, 09:16:07 pm by silent majority »
He only said he hopes it isn't happening, Jonathan and I doubt anyone outside of the club will know if it is happening or not.

Steve said that the clubs negotiating team will be the best people to judge what's best for the club, that I agreed with.

Always the politician eh SM lol!

If you say so, but I guarantee you have no idea what I'm about, or what I do.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #121 on January 29, 2020, 09:22:57 pm by steve@dcfd »
If the club have offered him a contract that they deem is his value then he may want more, we don’t know. Let’s hope he’s not holding the club to ransom to achieve his aim. The clubs negotiating team will decide what’s best for the club. Whether supporters like it or not.

Steve seemed displeased with Kieron's contribution at the final whistle when I saw him. Not sure why? the difference would of been 1 point instead of 3. Plus there aren't many players in the football league who can score goals like the first one. Keep up the good work and let's hope KSB gets the contract he deserves.
Johnny you tried have go I just did the opposite it’s called Banter. Appears I’ve rattled your cage.😂😂
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 09:25:36 pm by steve@dcfd »

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #122 on January 29, 2020, 09:44:26 pm by johnny rovers »
If the club have offered him a contract that they deem is his value then he may want more, we don’t know. Let’s hope he’s not holding the club to ransom to achieve his aim. The clubs negotiating team will decide what’s best for the club. Whether supporters like it or not.

Steve seemed displeased with Kieron's contribution at the final whistle when I saw him. Not sure why? the difference would of been 1 point instead of 3. Plus there aren't many players in the football league who can score goals like the first one. Keep up the good work and let's hope KSB gets the contract he deserves.
Johnny you tried have go I just did the opposite it’s called Banter. Appears I’ve rattled your cage.😂😂

😆😆😆😆👍

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #123 on February 13, 2020, 05:50:42 pm by karldew »
Some snippets from the Freepress article about Sadliers contract situation. From these snippets I’d say he’s not going to be here next season. Would be great if he signs a new deal but I just get the impression he will be off :(

“If it’s with Doncaster or not, I see myself wanting to go as high as I can,”

“Whether it’s with Doncaster or not, I can’t tell, but it’s somewhere I’d like to go eventually in my career.“I could also stay if we’re pushing for promotion from League One and push for promotion next year.”

“I’m sure clubs have spoken to them,” he said.

“But when I speak to my agents I just rather they don’t tell me much.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #124 on February 13, 2020, 06:24:36 pm by drfchound »
I would be astonished if most players didn’t want to play at the highest level they could get to.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #125 on February 13, 2020, 06:25:57 pm by mushRTID »
Sounds like he’s off to me.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #126 on February 13, 2020, 06:36:22 pm by IDM »
That’s not all the article though..

He’s basically saying he’s leaving everything to his agents and concentrating on playing.

He may well leave, but if he does that will be in summer with plenty of time to replace him..

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #127 on February 13, 2020, 06:43:46 pm by NewDonny »
Sounds like a lot of speculation to me lol.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #128 on February 13, 2020, 06:47:04 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Nothing really new in that article. If we don't get promoted and a Championship club comes knocking then he's likely to go but there's no surprise in that.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #129 on February 13, 2020, 06:47:55 pm by sha66y »
He isn’t anywhere near ready for the Championship as a regular starter,..
Too slow, not overly physical, and can disappear for long periods..

I love him to bits for the positives he brings, but he needs a couple of years at this level to hone his weaknesses whilst enjoying long spells in the team.....

and no we aren’t getting promoted this year.......but next is not inconceivable...

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #130 on February 13, 2020, 06:55:51 pm by NewDonny »
Oh and your the expert on when a players ready to play at a higher level are you?

So if we did get promotion this year Sadlier wouldn’t feature next year right lol?

Oh and let’s get one thing straight, he only disappears in games when we stop getting the ball to him.

« Last Edit: February 13, 2020, 07:04:10 pm by NewDonny »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #131 on February 13, 2020, 07:10:57 pm by Jonathan »
I still hope and think that he’ll stay here if we offer a deal that reflects his importance to the team - and his importance is without question. He’s been superb recently and is constantly improving too. Darren Moore wants him to stay, I believe he wants to stay, I just hope the club can reach a suitable agreement.

Some people go on about replacing him. I’m not aware of many wingers at this level that are two footed, decent in the air and get near the goals and assists return that Sadlier offers. Yes, we could replace him, but not with anybody as good or as productive so our efforts should be on keeping what we’ve got.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #132 on February 13, 2020, 07:27:27 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I do hope he doesn't leave, that'll be another poster we've lost from the forum.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #133 on February 13, 2020, 07:28:59 pm by drfchound »
He isn’t anywhere near ready for the Championship as a regular starter,..
Too slow, not overly physical, and can disappear for long periods..

I love him to bits for the positives he brings, but he needs a couple of years at this level to hone his weaknesses whilst enjoying long spells in the team.....

and no we aren’t getting promoted this year.......but next is not inconceivable...

Sads IS improving his game.
I especially took notice of his work rate when we didn’t have the ball against Bolton and Rochdale.
Whenever we lost the ball he made sure that he got back quickly into a position to help out defensively and there was one track back in particular when it looked as though the overlapping fullback was about to get a cross in and KS made a really good sliding challenge and not only won the ball but immediately turned and ran at the opposition.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #134 on February 13, 2020, 07:32:32 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Agreed Hound.  I do wonder though whether his recent spectacular improvement in contribution (it wasn't shoddy before), is to do with the coaching he's now receiving or putting himself in the shop window.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #135 on February 13, 2020, 07:34:59 pm by keith79 »
I love him. Will be a big loss imo

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #136 on February 13, 2020, 07:35:22 pm by drfchound »
As I said earlier pies, I would be surprised if he didn’t want to play at a higher level, every player should.
Whatever is motivating him is a good thing for us right now.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #137 on February 13, 2020, 07:41:59 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Agreed.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #138 on February 13, 2020, 09:02:51 pm by PDX_Rover »
Get a contract signed and if a club comes in the Summer at least we will get some money. Wouldn't be surprised if Snake has tapped him up though.

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #139 on February 13, 2020, 09:51:00 pm by 5 on Tour »
Get a contract signed and if a club comes in the Summer at least we will get some money. Wouldn't be surprised if Snake has tapped him up though.

What’s the Snake tapping him up for? Joining him down the job centre? 😂

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #140 on February 13, 2020, 10:57:50 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I still hope and think that he’ll stay here if we offer a deal that reflects his importance to the team - and his importance is without question. He’s been superb recently and is constantly improving too. Darren Moore wants him to stay, I believe he wants to stay, I just hope the club can reach a suitable agreement.

Some people go on about replacing him. I’m not aware of many wingers at this level that are two footed, decent in the air and get near the goals and assists return that Sadlier offers. Yes, we could replace him, but not with anybody as good or as productive so our efforts should be on keeping what we’ve got.

What makes you think we haven't offered him improved terms that match his contribution to the team and fairly reflects his value to DM?

Why have Whiteman and Anderson signed and Sadlier hasn't? I think it's fair to say his representatives have chosen a route to get KS to a Championship club or a bigger club next season. If, they don't get those offers, which I would say is highly unlikely, then he may take up the offer already on the table or try to re-open negotiations with us.

If the ball is in KS representative's court, I doubt if we were to try to improve the already good offer, it would change their strategy.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #141 on February 13, 2020, 10:59:06 pm by Jonathan »

What makes you think we haven't offered him improved terms that match his contribution to the team and fairly reflects his value to DM?

Why have Whiteman and Anderson signed and Sadlier hasn't? I think it's fair to say his representatives have chosen a route to get KS to a Championship club or a bigger club next season. If, they don't get those offers, which I would say is highly unlikely, then he may take up the offer already on the table or try to re-open negotiations with us.

If the ball is in KS representative's court, I doubt if we were to try to improve the already good offer, it would change their strategy.

What makes you think any of that?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #142 on February 13, 2020, 11:01:24 pm by GazLaz »
From the interview I’d say 75% going, 25% staying. He will probably know where his likely destination is as well. Criminal if he leaves on a free.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 01:45:45 am by GazLaz »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #143 on February 13, 2020, 11:06:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Because DM and GB are acutely aware of the risks and will have evaluated that in the offer and, they will also ensure its in line with and proportionate with other contract offers that have been accepted and signed.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #144 on February 13, 2020, 11:08:09 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
From the interview I’d say 75% going, 35% staying. He will probably know where his likely destination is as well. Criminal if he leaves on a free.

You can't make a player sign a contract! If he goes, he goes for free and we have to accept that.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #145 on February 13, 2020, 11:32:28 pm by 5minstogo »
From the interview I’d say 75% going, 35% staying. He will probably know where his likely destination is as well. Criminal if he leaves on a free.

Terrible mathematics

boro_rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #146 on February 14, 2020, 12:13:35 am by boro_rover »

Terrible mathematics

You are 110% right there!

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #147 on February 14, 2020, 01:46:13 am by GazLaz »

Terrible mathematics

It’s a terrible typo!

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #148 on February 14, 2020, 02:37:45 am by dknward2 »
Listening to the interview on I follow I'm inclined to agree with gazlaz.

Maybe Taylor can talk to him as he left Rotherham expecting to be picked up by a championship club but nothing come of it hence the reason he came here.

Fingers crossed we and his agents can work something out. I think he can make it in the championship just hoping that it will be with us

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #149 on February 14, 2020, 07:42:17 am by dickos1 »
Because DM and GB are acutely aware of the risks and will have evaluated that in the offer and, they will also ensure its in line with and proportionate with other contract offers that have been accepted and signed.

We’ve no idea what the offer is and how it compares to other contracts such as whiteman, Taylor, Anderson, Wright etc etc

TinyPortal © 2005-2012