Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:20:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sadlier  (Read 21224 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Re: Sadlier
« Reply #150 on February 14, 2020, 07:50:06 am by Chris Black come back »
Yep, always best to focus on facts rather than conjecture or guess work.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #151 on February 14, 2020, 08:00:31 am by Metalmicky »
Personally hope he stays and signs up, but if his head has been turned there is little the club can do about it.... Players come and players go.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #152 on February 14, 2020, 08:26:55 am by dickos1 »
It’s my understanding he wants to stay and his representatives have told the club this and what the contract should be in order for him to sign.
They’re just waiting for the club to come back to them,

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #153 on February 14, 2020, 09:00:45 am by Colin C No.3 »
It’s my understanding he wants to stay and his representatives have told the club this and what the contract should be in order for him to sign.

Where does this come from?

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #154 on February 14, 2020, 09:16:51 am by Metalmicky »

Conjecture...

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #155 on February 14, 2020, 10:09:08 am by ravenrover »
I've heard the same

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #156 on February 14, 2020, 10:10:04 am by dickos1 »

Conjecture...

No,

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #157 on February 14, 2020, 12:34:09 pm by wilts rover »

If he wants to stay then he will take the offer the club has given him. If he would like to stay but only on his terms then the above is correct.

A world of difference between those two sentences.

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #158 on February 14, 2020, 12:56:56 pm by drfc1951 »
So the agents are dictating to the club what the contract should be?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #159 on February 14, 2020, 01:38:00 pm by dickos1 »

If he wants to stay then he will take the offer the club has given him. If he would like to stay but only on his terms then the above is correct.

Just because he wants to stay doesn’t mean he should just accept any offer given to him.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #160 on February 14, 2020, 02:47:31 pm by idler »
In my eyes club and player will both be looking for the best deal to suit themselves. Negotiating just means meeting somewhere in the middle where both parties probably think that they could have goo ten a better deal but are happy to settle things as they are somewhere near what they were aiming for.
The problem will arise when either a player thinks that he is worth far more than he actually is or a club makes a derisory offer.
Hopefully our board will offer a fair deal and Sads will settle for a figure somewhere near what he wanted.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #161 on February 14, 2020, 03:11:42 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I think Sads is approaching the level of Tommy Rowe and could make it into a lower half Championship side with continued progress through the rest of this season, but probably with a fair bit of bench sitting. He does lack consistency a tad.

I'm sure DM and the club are aware of his value. He's one that ideally should have been targetted for a further contract much sooner - his value has increased over this season. But with the contract backlog, it seems he's simply the one that got away.

I'd say its more like 67% likely he'll end up with a contract, and 50/50 that he'll be with us next season.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #162 on February 14, 2020, 03:12:36 pm by NewDonny »

There's also a world of difference between what you (Wilts Rover) think and the reality of the situation as well my friend.

Let me ask you a question, in your current job or jobs you have had in the past, have you accepted what's been offered to you or negotiated a salary in line with what you think you are worth? A footballers salary is arrived at in exactly the same way, so why should Sadlier's situation be any different to anyone else job, pay and conditions.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #163 on February 14, 2020, 03:43:26 pm by knockers »
I've heard the same

Me too

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #164 on February 14, 2020, 04:54:37 pm by sha66y »
Oh and your the expert on when a players ready to play at a higher level are you?

So if we did get promotion this year Sadlier wouldn’t feature next year right lol?

Oh and let’s get one thing straight, he only disappears in games when we stop getting the ball to him.

Quote: so if we did get promoted this year: unquote.....
I’m sure you mis typed that line..... it just won’t happen....

No I m no expert on any articulate player, but it doesn’t take much to work out that Sads is still learning his craft after the step up ..... his finishing at this level is very good, but the Championship is a different game altogether.....

Wilkes also wasn’t ready in my opinion......

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #165 on February 14, 2020, 06:08:30 pm by wilts rover »

There's also a world of difference between what you (Wilts Rover) think and the reality of the situation as well my friend.

Let me ask you a question, in your current job or jobs you have had in the past, have you accepted what's been offered to you or negotiated a salary in line with what you think you are worth? A footballers salary is arrived at in exactly the same way, so why should Sadlier's situation be any different to anyone else job, pay and conditions.

The difference being that no-one has come on this forum and said that I want to stay in my job.

I would like to stay in my job providing the terms of of my contract suit me. I presume Kieran Sadlier is just the same. Good luck to him in his negotiations.

What we don't need are his acolytes (hi Kieran) coming on this forum saying he 'wants' to stay thus trying to get the fans on 'his' side against the club. He doesn't. He would like to stay - end of.

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #166 on February 14, 2020, 06:11:46 pm by NewDonny »
Oh and your the expert on when a players ready to play at a higher level are you?

So if we did get promotion this year Sadlier wouldn’t feature next year right lol?

Oh and let’s get one thing straight, he only disappears in games when we stop getting the ball to him.

No I m no expert on any articulate player, but it doesn’t take much to work out that Sads is still learning his craft after the step up ..... his finishing at this level is very good, but the Championship is a different game altogether.....

I am not a Wilkes fan so to me he will never be ready for The Championship, I think his career at Hull will go the same way it has at Leeds and Barnsley I am sorry to say.

Your right about one thing, your not an expert but you still feel able to share your thoughts on here with others, well that's fine, everyone is deserving of their opinion. You don't think Sadlier is ready, whereas a good many people in the game including DM by the way believe he can play at the very top, it will be interesting to see who's right on this won't it.

I actually think we can make the play offs, I actually don't think the sides above us are all that tbh and on our day we can compete and beat any team in the league and we have done that as well.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2020, 06:42:45 pm by NewDonny »

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #167 on February 14, 2020, 06:19:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
Sadlier is our best attacking player this year. If it wasn't for Anderson, he could well be overall player of the season. Hes 25, fit, and seems to be coming of age. Absolutely great if he stays.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #168 on February 14, 2020, 06:48:10 pm by Colin C No.3 »
I've heard the same

Me too

Given dickos & ravenrover are giving it ‘the need to know’ treatment, can you enlighten us as to where you ‘heard it’?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #169 on February 14, 2020, 06:54:33 pm by dickos1 »
No, but it’s as good a source as you’ll get

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #170 on February 14, 2020, 09:19:05 pm by ravenrover »
Mine is a very good source but it 's on a need to know basis ....... and you or anyone else don't

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #171 on February 14, 2020, 09:40:50 pm by Colin C No.3 »
So why in effect post  ‘I know something that you don’t but I’m not going to tell you’?

If (as I suspect) you’re playing ‘Billy Big Bollox’, pathetic.

You’re adding nothing to the thread so why do it?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #172 on February 14, 2020, 10:01:35 pm by dickos1 »
The whole topic has been people trying to slag sadlier off. If you knew that this criticism was unfair because you knew the real situation wouldn’t you say?

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #173 on February 14, 2020, 11:00:14 pm by Colin C No.3 »
“The whole topic has been about Sadlier being slagged off”.

Really?

I think you’ll find that 99.9% of Rovers supporters would like nothing better than to hear Kieran has signed a new contract with us.

The numpties that ‘slag him off’ as you put it are exactly that, numpties.

But get it into perspective before you merely add fuel to the fire by ‘alienating’ the vast majority who recognise his contribution to the team now & hopefully in years to come by suggesting you know something that you’re happy to allude to but can’t substantiate when one of the 99.9% asks you where you get your information from & play ‘not say in’.

It does Kieran no favours (if that’s what you think you’re doing) & it does little to ‘enhance’ your own credibility, the latter of which is actually of little consequence to me.

Barmby Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #174 on February 14, 2020, 11:55:01 pm by Barmby Rover »
I have absolutely no idea about Sadlier's contract and pay, and I am not interested. If he wants to stay, he will. If he thinks he is good enough to get better pay elsewhere he will go, and we will replace him hopefully with a good player. In the mean time I am more interested in how the new lads are settling in and whether Sadlier will be challenged rather than being an automatic choice for the team.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #175 on February 15, 2020, 07:59:13 am by dickos1 »
“The whole topic has been about Sadlier being slagged off”.

Really?

I think you’ll find that 99.9% of Rovers supporters would like nothing better than to hear Kieran has signed a new contract with us.

The numpties that ‘slag him off’ as you put it are exactly that, numpties.

But get it into perspective before you merely add fuel to the fire by ‘alienating’ the vast majority who recognise his contribution to the team now & hopefully in years to come by suggesting you know something that you’re happy to allude to but can’t substantiate when one of the 99.9% asks you where you get your information from & play ‘not say in’.

It does Kieran no favours (if that’s what you think you’re doing) & it does little to ‘enhance’ your own credibility, the latter of which is actually of little consequence to me.

What on earth are you rambling on about?
I’ve no idea why you’re getting all your knickers in a twist. You’re embarrassing yourself
If someone has told me something in confidence then  I am certainly not going to tell you just because for some reason you don’t seem to be able to handle it.
You either believe it or you don’t, it’s simple
« Last Edit: February 15, 2020, 08:02:03 am by dickos1 »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #176 on February 15, 2020, 08:58:31 am by Colin C No.3 »
Then why post it in the first place?

Pathetic.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #177 on February 15, 2020, 09:12:31 am by ravenrover »
No different to the suppositions that people are posting, just trying to put it into a proper context. Saying who any source of information is, is private but hey don't let that bother you shipping out the insults water off a ducks back to me old lad and I'm sure that is the same with Dickos.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #178 on February 15, 2020, 09:39:27 am by IDM »
It is frustrating for everyone else though.  If some people have inside information but can’t reveal that information (not necessarily the source) then it makes sense folks are concerned - so the suggestion not to post when you can only partially post is also valid.

I would argue the exception is SM as he has a specific relationship with the club.

sha66y

• Forum Member
« Reply #179 on February 15, 2020, 09:41:13 am by sha66y »

I am not a Wilkes fan so to me he will never be ready for The Championship, I think his career at Hull will go the same way it has at Leeds and Barnsley I am sorry to say.

Your right about one thing, your not an expert but you still feel able to share your thoughts on here with others, well that's fine, everyone is deserving of their opinion. You don't think Sadlier is ready, whereas a good many people in the game including DM by the way believe he can play at the very top, it will be interesting to see who's right on this won't it.

I actually think we can make the play offs, I actually don't think the sides above us are all that tbh and on our day we can compete and beat any team in the league and we have done that as well.

I haven’t discounted the fact that Sadlier May one day play at the top, but not yet....he is still developing and therefore in my opinion ...not ready!

and your opening sentence on the 2nd stanza is quite baffling!

“Your right about one thing, your not an expert but you still feel able to share your thoughts on here with others, “

NoshitSherlock!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012