Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 05:38:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Let's talk about the Coventry City game  (Read 8521 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Let's talk about the Coventry City game
« Reply #60 on January 18, 2020, 12:53:09 pm by RoversAlias »
Agree with all that with exception of Tomi Ameobi.

You say that, but he's doing well for himself in Canada now!

I'd like to think he picked more up from SOD than he did his two spells at Whitley Bay anyway, even if there is a cracking ice cream parlour on the seafront there.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

5 on Tour

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 18, 2020, 05:35:12 pm by 5 on Tour »
Coventry weren’t better than us today. We were just significantly below our best. Our passing in midfield was awful and made far worse by a serious lack of movement at times. Unfortunately, days like today happen in sport and we just have to move on.

Positives:

Bingham is looking better still. Some very good touches and driving runs which Sads wasn’t giving us in the first half(I’m ready for all the over top replies about anything relating to Sads).

Halliday gets better and better and better. In all ways.

Copps. Happy Birthday. Went missing a couple of times but other than that he was the most creative spark we had.

Taylor just running and running and running. How the Left Back wasn’t sent off I have no idea.

Negatives:

Sheaf and Whiteman. Have they met? I’ve never seen so many misplaced passes in my life and I coach Under 7’s. Together they were absolutely shocking at moving the ball around. And STOP waiting for the ball - both of you!

Sadlier. Did absolutely nothing and when Taylor is running around like the energiser bunny on the other side it shows up even more. Up until the header he went for where he took the knock - he had ducked out of every high ball that went near him. On form he’s brilliant. Today he was not. At all.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on January 18, 2020, 05:40:34 pm by RoversAlias »
Bingham is just not good enough for me. He has no quality. Runs, sure. Effort, okay. No quality on the ball, off the ball or in front of goal. When we were attacking it was like having ten men most of the time, he simply isn't up to the level. It isn't Sadlier's job to run on the shoulder, whereas for Bingham that clearly was the directive. Sadlier can create, Bingham can't so he isn't asked to. I'd rather have seen Blair or Watters on at the break.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 18, 2020, 06:02:42 pm by i_ateallthepies »
What game was you watching?  "Coventry weren't better than us"????  They looked like a team that had met each other before walking onto the field at least.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on January 18, 2020, 06:41:27 pm by selby »
  One question I will ask is, if one of our players got the ball in the same position as the Coventry player, would any of our players shoot? or look for a pass?
  We were beaten by a better side, Ennis never held the ball up all the game, RA you made your mind up about Bingham and Thomas the day they signed before even seeing them play.
  We need a striker, yes and although we were not that bad today, could have easily had a penalty,but were out thought and at times out fought. Whiteman was poor at times, Coppinger well marked, Sadlier looks like he doesn't want to get injured, and were made to play across the field by Coventry because apart from Coppinger and Taylor none of the others think of backing his marker up and going past him.
   The back four again played well and kept us in the game, one mistake of not closing a player down cost us the game, although playing with our team' they probably didn't think anyone would shoot from that distance.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 18, 2020, 07:00:07 pm by Campsall rover »
Coventry were better than us. No question they were.
Best team to come to the Keepmoat this season. Allowing them to get in front turned out to be the killer. They were extremely well organised and prevented us getting behind their defence. Made us play it square. It was like tying to thread a needle through their defence.
They did a very thorough job on Copps and stifled our creativity.
Ennis never got a sniff out of Coventry’s central defenders who were very impressive.

Coventry are certainties for top 6 on that showing and could gate crash the top 2
Losing to them is no disgrace at all. There are always 2 teams in a match & sometimes you simply have to hold your hands up and admit we were beaten by the better team.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 07:13:25 pm by Campsall rover »

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 18, 2020, 07:32:10 pm by scawsby steve »
Marko Marosi could have brought his snap box with him today. That must be the easiest afternoon he's had all season.

Utterly and totally inept, abysmal, toothless attacking display.

We all know what the problem is. We've just got to wait and see what happens over the next 13 days.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on January 18, 2020, 07:37:11 pm by drfchound »
Marko Marosi could have brought his snap box with him today. That must be the easiest afternoon he's had all season.

We all know what the problem is. We've just got to wait and see what happens over the next 13 days.

Correct Steve, however anyone who says what you have done is likely to be classed as a moaner.
Moore had little or no options to bring anyone on who might have helped us to rescue the game.
The only possible thing,in my opinion, that he might have tried was to take Ennis off as he was having no impact on the game, bringing Blair on to play down the right and pushing Taylor onto the left wing.
Sadlier played as though he is on his way out of the club and I fully expect that to happen.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 08:19:07 pm by drfchound »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 18, 2020, 08:15:10 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
DM's post match interview. Can't argue with that.

Oh, and also a message from him to those showing very little patience.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p080s350

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 18, 2020, 08:58:50 pm by NewDonny »
  One question I will ask is, if one of our players got the ball in the same position as the Coventry player, would any of our players shoot? or look for a pass?
  We were beaten by a better side, Ennis never held the ball up all the game, RA you made your mind up about Bingham and Thomas the day they signed before even seeing them play.
  We need a striker, yes and although we were not that bad today, could have easily had a penalty,but were out thought and at times out fought. Whiteman was poor at times, Coppinger well marked, Sadlier looks like he doesn't want to get injured, and were made to play across the field by Coventry because apart from Coppinger and Taylor none of the others think of backing his marker up and going past him.
   The back four again played well and kept us in the game, one mistake of not closing a player down cost us the game, although playing with our team' they probably didn't think anyone would shoot from that distance.

"Not that bad today" lol, we were absolutely awful, shocking in fact. We were outplayed and out thought by a better team right across the pitch for the whole 90 minutes today.

As regards Sadlier not wanting to get injured, tell me a player that does, what a stupid comment! But I'll let Sadlier know that you asking after his welfare shall I as he sits with his face smashed to pieces and still bleeding tonight from heading the back of the coventry defenders head!

« Last Edit: January 18, 2020, 09:10:02 pm by NewDonny »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on January 18, 2020, 09:00:39 pm by NickDRFC »
NewDonny, how do you think Sadlier played today?

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 18, 2020, 09:08:48 pm by NewDonny »
NewDonny, how do you think Sadlier played today?

Wasn't involved, very quit, came off very frustrated and of course in a bit of bad way. He can only influence a game if he has the ball and he saw precious little of that today!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #72 on January 18, 2020, 09:16:37 pm by RoversAlias »

I made my mind up about Thomas and Bingham after seeing them both play a few times, not beforehand. I've seen enough now of Bingham to know he hasn't got the quality. But we've all done this debate to death.

If attacking signings are brought in, it ceases to be a problem because Bingham simply won't get on the pitch.

Anyway, aside from the baseless comment on Sadlier I agree with the rest of your post. A fair assessment of things, aside from that and the fact a couple of defenders had dodgy individual displays in my opinion.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #73 on January 18, 2020, 09:21:09 pm by roversdude »
Coventry were better than us. No question they were.
Best team to come to the Keepmoat this season. Allowing them to get in front turned out to be the killer. They were extremely well organised and prevented us getting behind their defence. Made us play it square. It was like tying to thread a needle through their defence.
They did a very thorough job on Copps and stifled our creativity.
Ennis never got a sniff out of Coventry’s central defenders who were very impressive.

Coventry are certainties for top 6 on that showing and could gate crash the top 2
Losing to them is no disgrace at all. There are always 2 teams in a match & sometimes you simply have to hold your hands up and admit we were beaten by the better team.

Have to agree with this. As much as it grieves me to say Coventry were the best team to play us at KMS

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 18, 2020, 09:25:05 pm by since-1969 »
Coventry weren’t better than us today. We were just significantly below our best. Our passing in midfield was awful and made far worse by a serious lack of movement at times. Unfortunately, days like today happen in sport and we just have to move on.
YES they were better than us THEY SCORED !
Positives:

Bingham is looking better still. Some very good touches and driving runs which Sads wasn’t giving us in the first half(I’m ready for all the over top replies about anything relating to Sads). Agreed !!

Halliday gets better and better and better. In all ways. Still isn’t brave enough and doesn’t shoot enough!

Copps. Happy Birthday. Went missing a couple of times but other than that he was the most creative spark we had. Agreed!!

Taylor just running and running and running. How the Left Back wasn’t sent off I have no idea.
Doesn’t get in the Penalty box when running at defenders instead of crossing to no one at the back post !!
Negatives:

Sheaf and Whiteman. Have they met? I’ve never seen so many misplaced passes in my life and I coach Under 7’s. Together they were absolutely shocking at moving the ball around. And STOP waiting for the ball - both of you!
Sheaf and Whiteman can’t play together they are just not compatible.

Sadlier. Did absolutely nothing and when Taylor is running around like the energiser bunny on the other side it shows up even more. Up until the header he went for where he took the knock - he had ducked out of every high ball that went near him. On form he’s brilliant. Today he was not. At all.
Stadlier is just Not good enough , drifts in and out of play , never tackles back or retrieves lost balls he lost in the first place.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 18, 2020, 10:10:38 pm by Jonathan »
Positives:

Bingham is looking better still. Some very good touches and driving runs which Sads wasn’t giving us in the first half(I’m ready for all the over top replies about anything relating to Sads). Agreed !!

Halliday gets better and better and better. In all ways. Still isn’t brave enough and doesn’t shoot enough!

Copps. Happy Birthday. Went missing a couple of times but other than that he was the most creative spark we had. Agreed!!

Doesn’t get in the Penalty box when running at defenders instead of crossing to no one at the back post !!
Negatives:

Stadlier is just Not good enough , drifts in and out of play , never tackles back or retrieves lost balls he lost in the first place.

Who is Stadlier? If you mean Sadlier then of course he’s good enough. He’s our most productive player. Barely saw the ball today in what was a hugely frustrating first half. A hugely frustrating second half for that matter too.

We’re short of attacking threat across the squad so let’s not start getting at the players that have been producing the goals!

NewDonny

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 19, 2020, 01:39:51 am by NewDonny »
Positives:

Negatives:

Who is Stadlier? If you mean Sadlier then of course he’s good enough. He’s our most productive player. Barely saw the ball today in what was a hugely frustrating first half. A hugely frustrating second half for that matter too.

We’re short of attacking threat across the squad so let’s not start getting at the players that have been producing the goals!

Thank christ someone was watching the same game as me today, I agree Jonathan thoroughly frustrating and very difficult to watch.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on January 19, 2020, 08:26:16 pm by IDM »

Have to disagree,

Taylor stung his palms, Copps had him beat with a chip headed off the line and even Bingham drew a (straightforward) save..

Of course it goes without saying that we need to perform better up front, with or without new players, but inept abysmal and toothless is an exaggeration in my opinion.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012