Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 03:48:01 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Question for the board  (Read 15573 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Question for the board
« Reply #30 on January 16, 2020, 09:25:20 pm by Alan Southstand »
So, what is it, then?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on January 16, 2020, 09:25:53 pm by godlike1 »
I think there is a difference between “frustrating” and “embarrassing”..

Is our current form, league position, one of the best defences in the division, etc embarrasing.?

Nope but that is primarily down to DM
, the backroom staff and the players.

He has players out of the money from. JM to get the loan players here as I understand it.

How do you assess the lack of long term planning with players and managers then against the supposed long term strategy? Are you saying its a resounding success?esp if we loose 16 players in the summer?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on January 16, 2020, 09:28:16 pm by silent majority »
So, what is it, then?

And for the thirtieth time today it's because DM is waiting for his plan A to come together. He could go to plan B right now and sign players to keep you happy Alan, but he ain't going to, sorry!

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on January 16, 2020, 09:29:43 pm by since-1969 »
I’m wholly supportive of the board and it’s safety first approach to expenditure and not to jeopardise the club and it’s future sustainability - however that said, having acquired DM as our manager we surely don’t want another summer of upheaval by losing Big Darren to the lure of another club who have finances to substantially back him.

Darren has publicly acknowledged himself we’ve missed out on January targets & has said he’s not happy to leave this window without additions to the squad.

I well remember boards from the 80’s with zero ambition like when we signed Paul Dobson from Torquay he had a clause in his contract when he hit 15 goals we were obliged to send Torquay another £5k - he got up to 14 goals in no time and spent the rest of his time with us sat in the main stand at Belle Vue, comparisons from then to now is ridiculous, however if the manager doesn’t get backed I’m afraid we may experience dejavu

Branton, the tone of your post suggests that you think finance is the root cause of this, and because of that you believe the board are at fault.

This is NOT a finance issue, this is purely DM wanting to bide his time and appoint players who are on his Plan A list, nothing more than that.

He has clearly identified the players. If it's not a finance issue why can he not get them over the line?

That says to me its a finance issue

But it's not. He's biding his time on bringing in the players he sees as the 'right' ones for this club.

That is not what he's saying publically though is it? If we are trying to get them over the line it's that hes identified them and negotiations have started surely.

If DM had simply said that at the beginning, yes we'd most likely all be scratching our heads but leave it at that and accept it to some degree.

What does that statement mean though? Is it about their character and current ability? Is it about developing them? Or is it to fit what little money he has?

For the thirtieth time today its not money.
It IS it always is , you to            to see it . I’ll let you fill in the gap .

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on January 16, 2020, 09:30:10 pm by roversdude »
Which summer ?

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on January 16, 2020, 09:30:30 pm by godlike1 »
I’m wholly supportive of the board and it’s safety first approach to expenditure and not to jeopardise the club and it’s future sustainability - however that said, having acquired DM as our manager we surely don’t want another summer of upheaval by losing Big Darren to the lure of another club who have finances to substantially back him.

Darren has publicly acknowledged himself we’ve missed out on January targets & has said he’s not happy to leave this window without additions to the squad.

I well remember boards from the 80’s with zero ambition like when we signed Paul Dobson from Torquay he had a clause in his contract when he hit 15 goals we were obliged to send Torquay another £5k - he got up to 14 goals in no time and spent the rest of his time with us sat in the main stand at Belle Vue, comparisons from then to now is ridiculous, however if the manager doesn’t get backed I’m afraid we may experience dejavu

Branton, the tone of your post suggests that you think finance is the root cause of this, and because of that you believe the board are at fault.

This is NOT a finance issue, this is purely DM wanting to bide his time and appoint players who are on his Plan A list, nothing more than that.

He has clearly identified the players. If it's not a finance issue why can he not get them over the line?

But it's not. He's biding his time on bringing in the players he sees as the 'right' ones for this club.

That is not what he's saying publically though is it? If we are trying to get them over the line it's that hes identified them and negotiations have started surely.

If DM had simply said that at the beginning, yes we'd most likely all be scratching our heads but leave it at that and accept it to some degree.

What does that statement mean though? Is it about their character and current ability? Is it about developing them? Or is it to fit what little money he has?

What is it then as your statement contradicts everything DM has been saying about us being close.

I want to belive you and that your not just feeding a line to stop the probing but the contradiction is doing my head it's one thing or another we are either waiting for the right player or we are trying to get it over the line.

It's be great if you can tell me what that type of player is as well. I'm not holding out much hope on that though

firestarter

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on January 16, 2020, 09:32:41 pm by firestarter »
How much DID we get for JM? Anyone ?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on January 16, 2020, 09:32:53 pm by silent majority »

What is it then as your statement contradicts everything DM has been saying about us being close.

I want to belive you and that your not just feeding a line to stop the probing but the contradiction is doing my head it's one thing or another we are either waiting for the right player or we are trying to get it over the line.

It's be great if you can tell me what that type of player is as well. I'm not holding out much hope on that though

But I've already told you at least 3 times. That IS the reason.

He'll be filling the gaps that we have in our team, the gaps that we can all see.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on January 16, 2020, 09:37:45 pm by roversdude »
You’re wasting your time Martin

lee.j09

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on January 16, 2020, 09:38:16 pm by lee.j09 »

But they’re already identified!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on January 16, 2020, 09:49:05 pm by IDM »

Is our current form, league position, one of the best defences in the division, etc embarrasing.?

He has players out of the money from. JM to get the loan players here as I understand it.

How do you assess the lack of long term planning with players and managers then against the supposed long term strategy? Are you saying its a resounding success?esp if we loose 16 players in the summer?

Both the last two managers have walked out on the club.. that’s what’s messed up any long term strategy, in my opinion of course..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on January 16, 2020, 09:56:55 pm by since-1969 »

Both the last two managers have walked out on the club.. that’s what’s messed up any long term strategy, in my opinion of course..
With now an even more depleted squad   DM has driven a horse and cart through the argument that players are coming in when it’s obvious to entire supporters that it’s waiting for a prayer to answered when no one believes in the Sacrament . In other words no one knows what the f*** is going one NO ONE not even SM for all his drivel .

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on January 16, 2020, 10:02:37 pm by drfc1951 »
Just out of interest,who has the final say on transfers the ceo or chairman?

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on January 16, 2020, 10:06:43 pm by dknward2 »
I’m guessing that Darren’s plan A is waiting to fall into place by other clubs doing their business like getting Adam Idah in once Norwich get Pukki back and add new signings then I would think we get him

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on January 16, 2020, 10:14:38 pm by NickDRFC »
So, what is it, then?

And for the thirtieth time today it's because DM is waiting for his plan A to come together. He could go to plan B right now and sign players to keep you happy Alan, but he ain't going to, sorry!

Appreciate the time you’re taking to respond to these posts today SM. My biggest concern is that plan A fails and there’s no time to push through plan B, meaning we go to plan Z in February with Thomas & Bingham equivalents. Hopefully it won’t come to this, though.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on January 16, 2020, 10:14:57 pm by since-1969 »
Just out of interest,who has the final say on transfers the ceo or chairman?
The Bank manager !

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on January 16, 2020, 10:22:35 pm by silent majority »
So, what is it, then?

Appreciate the time you’re taking to respond to these posts today SM. My biggest concern is that plan A fails and there’s no time to push through plan B, meaning we go to plan Z in February with Thomas & Bingham equivalents. Hopefully it won’t come to this, though.

That won't happen, there some good options for plan B. It won't be left to the final few days, nobody will take that chance.

And thanks for the appreciation. I'm not here looking for arguments, but having spoken to the club in some detail I thought it only fair to offer the reason why things are taking their time.

« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 10:42:57 pm by silent majority »

Donny Exile in York

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on January 16, 2020, 10:24:20 pm by Donny Exile in York »
I think it's a spot on opening post and i hope DM doesn't get fed up and walk like Fergie and McCann.. I have never known a time when we have found recruiting the 'right's players to be such a problem or such hard work.. and we've signed some quality players in the last 15 years or so! not such a difficulty for a long time anyhow.. and the opening post re Paul Dobson is a classic.. remember it well and how disappointing it was to see him leave to bloody Scarborough of all teams..

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on January 16, 2020, 10:29:22 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
He’s the manager FFS, He decides whether to take those risks.

Has he earned the right to do it his way?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on January 16, 2020, 10:55:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I dread to think what this forum would be like right now if we WEREN'T the fifth best side in the division.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on January 16, 2020, 11:51:40 pm by Danmckay456 »
Are we looking at permanent transfers then silent majority

no eyed deer

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on January 17, 2020, 12:04:19 am by no eyed deer »
I dread to think what this forum would be like right now if we WEREN'T the fifth best side in the division.

Fifth ? Is that because your counting your teeth and not your fingers !!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on January 17, 2020, 12:08:22 am by IDM »
He’s taking points per game, not the actual table..

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on January 17, 2020, 12:10:25 am by scawsby steve »

Fifth ? Is that because your counting your teeth and not your fingers !!

In fairness to BST, he's quoting from the PPG form league.

Edit. You beat me to it IDM.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 12:13:17 am by scawsby steve »

Cameron Rowe

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on January 17, 2020, 08:22:09 am by Cameron Rowe »
Are we looking at permanents or loans silent majority?

Herbert Anchovy

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on January 17, 2020, 08:34:50 am by Herbert Anchovy »

I remember speaking to Paul Dobson at the time about this. To say he was hugely pissed off  is a serious understatement!

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on January 17, 2020, 08:45:43 am by RobTheRover »

I take it you've not had a look at the Facebook group?

This is mild in comparison. Handbags are airborne as we speak on there.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on January 17, 2020, 09:02:15 am by Metalmicky »

So............ what's your question for the board...?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on January 17, 2020, 09:04:09 am by IDM »
Red or brown. ?

Donny Viking

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on January 17, 2020, 10:21:56 am by Donny Viking »
Well £4m bought Sunderland a load of success with Will Grigg didn't it? Just shows you the hyped up figures you pay in January, and then you are stuck with that player and their wages for 2 or more seasons.

It's much more complicated than spending loads of cash. Also if we push the boat out and splash the cash on inflated prices, how does that make others feel in the squad who have just signed or about to sign contracts on lower wages?? It's a balance you don't want to get one in that pisses others off or causes them not to re-sign.

If this means we have to wait until the summer to sign the right players, then so be it, give the youngsters ago and yes we may finish mid table but DM will get his players in the summer.

Don't forget by the time DM came in this season all the good buys had gone, we were looking at the players remaining after clubs had got in first. This was not DRFC or DM's fault.

DM additions have been great so far in difficult circumstances - trust him to do the right thing.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012