Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
June 07, 2024, 07:24:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Mr Whiteman  (Read 7141 times)

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
Re: Mr Whiteman
« Reply #60 on January 23, 2020, 09:13:55 am by Colin C No.3 »
Even if we were in the Championship & a club like Derby County came sniffing around Whiteman I’d be worried.

Remember Gareth Roberts? He had some great days with us & loved SO’D to bits but when Derby offered him £11,000 a week as he was heading towards the latter stages of his career, we couldn’t offer him anything like & he was off.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 23, 2020, 09:20:08 am by Metalmicky »
Even if we were in the Championship & a club like Derby County came sniffing around Whiteman I’d be worried.

Remember Gareth Roberts? He had some great days with us & loved SO’D to bits but when Derby offered him £11,000 a week as he was heading towards the latter stages of his career, we couldn’t offer him anything like & he was off.

Unfortunately that's the sum of it - at the end of the day players are just the same as your average Joe off the streets.... they will look after number one first and foremost - and IMO, quite rightly so....

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 23, 2020, 09:29:54 am by ravenrover »
We don't need to sell him but there's always a bigger fish so we must always prepare ourselves for unwanted approaches.

Those approaches will need to be serious though and be discussed with Ben before allowing him to talk to other clubs.
Everyone is for sale and money talks . I would imagine Whiteman has a get out clause . Let’s face we’re not splashing the cash so the right amount could persuade the club to part company as clearly we do need the money .
On what are you basing your assumption that "clearly we do need the money"?
Has there been any signs that we have any ?
yet another statement you can't substantiate, no "FACTS" for this one either

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on January 23, 2020, 09:32:12 am by Colin C No.3 »
Sheaf would be Whiteman's replacement.
Yeah, like Shakin’ Stevens was a replacement for Elvis Presley.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 23, 2020, 09:47:20 am by Metalmicky »
Sheaf would be Whiteman's replacement.
Yeah, like Shakin’ Stevens was a replacement for Elvis Presley.

Although Shakin' Stevens was the UK's biggest-selling singles artist of the 1980s - true (if surprising) fact..... so maybe Sheaf replacing Whiteman is not so wide of the mark...... :ohmy:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on January 23, 2020, 04:37:13 pm by Donnywolf »

Yes as far as I recall when we won at Wembley Derby had already approached Paul Green in case we lost to Leeds

Leeds on the other hand had approached him in case THEY went up - but that one is harder to "prove" as of course they lost

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 23, 2020, 07:26:36 pm by Chris Black come back »

He was 32.5 years old when he left us for Derby. Damn right you would take that contract with Derby!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012