Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:04:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 877358 times)

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #11850 on June 18, 2021, 10:40:16 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
I read a article yesterday not sure how accurate but it said the only way to have stopped the delta variant and others is to keep borders closed like Australia and nz, it would just delay it otherwise, it also said them place will struggle when they finally relax restrictions due to people not have having COVID, I'll try find the link was quite a interesting read

Does the article explain why the UK had more cases yesterday than the rest of the EU put together?

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

and your point is?once the delta variant is more widespread in other European countries then there numbers will go up

My point is it's better to stop it being widespread in the first place if you can see it coming - especally now you know there is a vaccine. As Aus/NZ/EU and others have done. Not go for the herd immunity route as that article you mention appears to suggest.

The question facing these countries is how do they then back out of the policy. There will be covid potentially forever, how do they open borders and accept it?

The vaccine(s). Drop the patents, increase production, get the world vaccinated. Only when everyone is safe - will everyone be safe.

And there will still be cases even with them and potentially escape from vaccines.  We may at some point have to accept it?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11851 on June 19, 2021, 12:26:46 am by bpoolrover »
I read a article yesterday not sure how accurate but it said the only way to have stopped the delta variant and others is to keep borders closed like Australia and nz, it would just delay it otherwise, it also said them place will struggle when they finally relax restrictions due to people not have having COVID, I'll try find the link was quite a interesting read

Does the article explain why the UK had more cases yesterday than the rest of the EU put together?

and your point is?once the delta variant is more widespread in other European countries then there numbers will go up

My point is it's better to stop it being widespread in the first place if you can see it coming - especally now you know there is a vaccine. As Aus/NZ/EU and others have done. Not go for the herd immunity route as that article you mention appears to suggest.

The question facing these countries is how do they then back out of the policy. There will be covid potentially forever, how do they open borders and accept it?

The vaccine(s). Drop the patents, increase production, get the world vaccinated. Only when everyone is safe - will everyone be safe.
of course you are right when the world is vaccinated, do you think people will accept that? Do you think labour will say that?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11852 on June 19, 2021, 12:36:41 am by SydneyRover »

of course you are right when the world is vaccinated, do you think people will accept that? Do you think labour will say that?

This is what labour said a month ago, what do you think about that then bp?

''Labour says UK must ‘get off the fence’ over global Covid vaccine access
Shadow trade secretary backs US call for patent waiver as party proposes plan to increase production in poorer countries''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/20/labour-uk-global-covid-vaccine-access-patent-waiver

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11853 on June 19, 2021, 01:07:14 am by bpoolrover »
Not been funny Sydney that's nothing more than the tories said at the g7, and they are right every country needs vaccinating, you ask what I think about that I agree

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11854 on June 19, 2021, 01:40:36 am by SydneyRover »
Not been funny Sydney that's nothing more than the tories said at the g7, and they are right every country needs vaccinating, you ask what I think about that I agree

The thing is bp, you have to say what you mean at the beginning not after the fact

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11855 on June 19, 2021, 01:49:39 am by SydneyRover »
johnson stretches credulity to new lengths and creates a new world record that will stand ........ until the next time he does it.

''Boris Johnson on Matt Hancock after Dominic Cummings' claims''

https://www.bbc.com/news/av/uk-politics-57526921

get a gob full of that aye!

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #11856 on June 19, 2021, 08:04:03 am by Not Now Kato »
Who broke the rules Skippy? While you're at it don't forget to mention who broke the rules in the opposition  parties.

Boris Johnson for starters, then there was Jenrick and, need I go on?

When did Boris break the rules?

Also, you forgot to mention who broke the rules in the opposition parties.

Several times, as previously discussed on this forum - you must have a short memory BB.

As for the opposition, they weren't the ones in power making the rules.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11857 on June 19, 2021, 08:42:36 am by Bentley Bullet »
Boris didn't break the rules.

The opposition should lead by example.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11858 on June 19, 2021, 08:47:55 am by SydneyRover »

What a funny little person you are bb, thank you for yet another insight into your world.

• VSC Member
« Reply #11859 on June 19, 2021, 09:03:57 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Shadow trade secretary backs US call for patent waiver as party proposes plan to increase production in poorer countries''

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/may/20/labour-uk-global-covid-vaccine-access-patent-waiver

Of course Sydney it's easy for Biden to say this after American drugs companies have made billions out of their vaccine (unlike the UK designed vaccine sold at cost price).

Make your mind up on which has benefittrf most.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/06/from-pfizer-to-moderna-whos-making-billions-from-covid-vaccines
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 09:06:06 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11860 on June 19, 2021, 09:06:20 am by Bentley Bullet »
Get down Skippy, stop jumping on the bandwagon. Naughty Skippy.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11861 on June 19, 2021, 09:17:57 am by SydneyRover »

Of course Sydney it's easy for Biden to say this after American drugs companies have made billions out of their vaccine (unlike the UK designed vaccine sold at cost price).

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2021/mar/06/from-pfizer-to-moderna-whos-making-billions-from-covid-vaccines

What would you prefer pud that the poor nations fend for themselves? it's a win-win for these nations to get access to free vaccines, no?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11862 on June 19, 2021, 09:32:51 am by wilts rover »

Yes I do. The government has been suprised as to how keen and compliant people have been to have rules and have lockdowns. Because most of us know that this is the only way, short of a proper, functioning test & trace system, to end the pandemic now the vaccines are here. Most people want to be safe, and most people want other people to be safe. There is a vaccine - why risk creating a vaccine resistant variant for the sake of a few weeks?

Dunno why you mention Labour? It's the far-right, libertarions that oppose it who waffle on about sheeple and face muzzles. But they ae very much in a minority. Leave them to moaning on Times Radio and the foreign equivlants, most people across the world know better.

• VSC Member
« Reply #11863 on June 19, 2021, 09:35:09 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »

What would you prefer pud that the poor nations fend for themselves? it's a win-win for these nations to get access to free vaccines, no?

I think personally that the AZ cost approach is the most optimum. The UK has done more than many in funding vaccines and will no doubt lead in future donations.

Should that be happening now? Potentially but then just imagine how the cases would be rising if the UK did slow down its own vaccines for others....

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #11864 on June 19, 2021, 09:44:57 am by wilts rover »
BFYB - I can come and build you a house for cost - on my own.

I can also pass on my knowledge to every small local builder in your area, and quickly training up everyone who is thinking of being a builder - and they can build the house as a massive team.

Who will build the house quickest?*

*this is an imaginary scenario btw as I am no longer a builder so no point in any PM's...

• VSC Member
« Reply #11865 on June 19, 2021, 10:21:48 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Quite right wilts, but would you design me some building work, give me the plans, purchase all of the equipmeent and infrastructure needed for the build then allow me to then use an alternate builder with no recompense and a load of infrastructure you can't use?

The answer is a simple mid point that shares the IP whilst giving money back to those who funded it etc in the first place.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11866 on June 19, 2021, 10:28:29 am by SydneyRover »
As rich western countries have greater economic losses, having all countries fully vaccinated will help. Government could partially compensate drug companies but in the end it would be better for vaccines to be made by state owned enterprises

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #11867 on June 19, 2021, 10:59:25 am by Not Now Kato »

Next, you'll be telling us Boris doesn't tell lies either!  Time you stopped being a WUM.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11868 on June 19, 2021, 11:04:18 am by Bentley Bullet »
And there you go NNK. You see, just like your lefty buddies you try to change the subject when you know you're wrong.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #11869 on June 19, 2021, 11:26:08 am by Janso »

Yes I do. The government has been suprised as to how keen and compliant people have been to have rules and have lockdowns. Because most of us know that this is the only way, short of a proper, functioning test & trace system, to end the pandemic now the vaccines are here. Most people want to be safe, and most people want other people to be safe. There is a vaccine - why risk creating a vaccine resistant variant for the sake of a few weeks?

Dunno why you mention Labour? It's the far-right, libertarions that oppose it who waffle on about sheeple and face muzzles. But they ae very much in a minority. Leave them to moaning on Times Radio and the foreign equivlants, most people across the world know better.

Because his default setting to anything is "but but but Labour...".

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #11870 on June 19, 2021, 11:37:29 am by Not Now Kato »
And there you go NNK. You see, just like your lefty buddies you try to change the subject when you know you're wrong.

Only one person wrong on this subject BB, and that's you.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11871 on June 19, 2021, 11:41:14 am by Bentley Bullet »
But you would say that, NNK, because it is very doubtful that you are suddenly going to say something right.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11872 on June 19, 2021, 11:52:35 am by SydneyRover »
Show us the way bb, light the path, tell us why someone from bentley on the low side of the river gets off on supporting and band of white old men that wouldn't piss on any of us unless we paid them

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11873 on June 19, 2021, 11:58:58 am by Bentley Bullet »
HOW DARE YOU? I WOULD NEVER SUPPORT THE LABOUR PARTY IN ITS PRESENT CONDITION.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11874 on June 19, 2021, 12:19:19 pm by SydneyRover »
HOW DARE YOU? I WOULD NEVER SUPPORT THE LABOUR PARTY IN ITS PRESENT CONDITION.

so true, but I don't ever remember you telling anyone why you support the tories aye. Do you see yourself in them, do they reflect your values?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11875 on June 19, 2021, 12:27:25 pm by Bentley Bullet »
More so than the Labour party, yes, any day of the week. So much so that if there was only the choice of the two parties I would vote Tory every time in the current situation.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11876 on June 19, 2021, 12:34:49 pm by River Don »
A question for you BB, just out of interest.

Were your parents tory voters?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11877 on June 19, 2021, 12:38:16 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Sometimes, not strictly.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #11878 on June 19, 2021, 12:39:25 pm by River Don »
Sometimes, not strictly.

Ah, like my dad then.

I just wondered if there had been a change of alliegance. Not that much I take it?
« Last Edit: June 19, 2021, 12:42:01 pm by River Don »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11879 on June 19, 2021, 12:55:53 pm by Bentley Bullet »
If you mean my parents my dad died in 1993 and my mum in 2000 so that was back in the days when all parties were voteworthy in some respects. I strongly suspect they would opt for a Tory vote as opposed to Labour now because they would highly likely deem the latter as not vote worthy.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012