Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:17:46 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 876595 times)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13140 on July 29, 2021, 09:26:48 am by SydneyRover »
It's only a matter of time before everyone ignores you.

He would probably start his own thread and argue with himself.

Instead of spending your forum life as a shit stirrer hound why don't you try explaining in plain English why the seventh wealthiest country in the world has one of the worlds worst death rates due to covid.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13141 on July 29, 2021, 09:28:50 am by drfchound »

Instead of spending your forum life as a shit stirrer hound why don't you try explaining in plain English why the seventh wealthiest country in the world has one of the worlds worst death rates due to covid.

You will always be number one in the FSS catergory Sydney.
I don’t need to explain anything to you, you know all the answers already.
All hail Sydney.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13142 on July 29, 2021, 09:33:21 am by SydneyRover »

All hail Sydney.

You can't explain it can you, neither can selby or dickos without putting the blame for it at the front door of the tory party even though you think 'all politicians are the same and you have never voted for them' aye hound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13143 on July 29, 2021, 09:37:52 am by drfchound »
You quote stuff all the time which isn’t true.
I have never said I have never voted Tory.
All hail Sydney.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13144 on July 29, 2021, 09:39:43 am by SydneyRover »

All hail Sydney.

You can't explain it can you, neither can selby or dickos without putting the blame for it at the front door of the tory party even though you think 'all politicians are the same and you have never voted for them' aye hound

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13145 on July 29, 2021, 12:32:34 pm by dickos1 »
I have never said people's lives have not been ruined but I have said tens of thousands have died that didn't need to .............. now this may stretch your brain a bit but what you don't appear to understand is that the government now in power have been in power for over 11 years and they are making all the decisions about covid and how the country responds. So if all these people have died, quite unnecessarily by decisions made by said government who is going to accept the blame, you, me or those that made the fateful decisions?

When you have answered this sensibly we could then move on otherwise I'm not interserted in listening to you excuses for them, you posting your opinions is not fact.

You asked me to change my phrase from peoples lives have been ruined to businesses have been ruined.
Thing is you can’t even remember half the nonsense you spout on here so end up contradicting yourself.

The facts are in the links you provided, the facts are experiences I’ve gone through personally.
You’re sat the other side of the world and think you know it all, you’ve no idea

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13146 on July 29, 2021, 12:35:16 pm by SydneyRover »
I have never said people's lives have not been ruined but I have said tens of thousands have died that didn't need to .............. now this may stretch your brain a bit but what you don't appear to understand is that the government now in power have been in power for over 11 years and they are making all the decisions about covid and how the country responds. So if all these people have died, quite unnecessarily by decisions made by said government who is going to accept the blame, you, me or those that made the fateful decisions?

When you have answered this sensibly we could then move on otherwise I'm not interserted in listening to you excuses for them, you posting your opinions is not fact.

You asked me to change my phrase from peoples lives have been ruined to businesses have been ruined.
Thing is you can’t even remember half the nonsense you spout on here so end up contradicting yourself.

The facts are in the links you provided, the facts are experiences I’ve gone through personally.
You’re sat the other side of the world and think you know it all, you’ve no idea

Then it should be quite simple for you to quote my comment so we all know what you mean dickos, by the way are you going to take the chlleange?

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13147 on July 29, 2021, 12:59:15 pm by Axholme Lion »
Thank goodness the football starts next weekend.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13148 on July 29, 2021, 02:25:32 pm by ravenrover »
Anyway about that certificate of yours does it have an expiry date?

chrisfisher

• Forum Member
« Reply #13149 on July 29, 2021, 03:24:58 pm by chrisfisher »
Sydney - what is Australia's route out of the pandemic? The zero covid approach is laughable.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13150 on July 29, 2021, 03:33:06 pm by Axholme Lion »
Anyway about that certificate of yours does it have an expiry date?

No i don't believe it does but i'll check when i get home. It just has personal details and the dates of when and where you were vaccinated along with the vaccine batch numbers.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #13151 on July 29, 2021, 03:38:55 pm by selby »
  Chrisfisher, what are you asking Syd for? nobody in Australia takes any notice of him, that's why he spends all his time on here trying to turn the UK into a communist haven so he can come back.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #13152 on July 29, 2021, 04:54:41 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just thought I'd pop in and see the latest discussion on Covid but seem it's back to political point scoring and folk arguing for the sake of it.

Was just wondering what fans thought after getting back to the Keepmoat for the first, or second time.

Must admit I was quite apprehensive but after a short while just got absorbed in the match .

Was a little concerning when the geezer behind me and my mate leant forward with his head poking between us but that was short lived.

Walking about was OK prematch giving folk a respectful distance but come half time with the rush for toilets and bars, it was clear some folk were less respectful of that.

I think it was mentioned elsewhere, come full time, the decision not to open the central  and the Northern exits of the West stand created an unnecessary pinch point with total disregard for the comfort and a safer exit of fans. This needs to be addressed for the first league game.

Other than that, we'll get used to it I guess and I didn't see anything that would deter me from looking forward to going next time.

Looks like local hospitalizations have increased somewhat over the last few days, even with the drop in infections locally but hopefully, this is the lag effect and we start seeing a further drop shortly.

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #13153 on July 29, 2021, 05:03:44 pm by River Don »
We probably need to still approach things with some caution, I reckon Baz.

The numbers are down again today but not as dramatically. 8,000 on last week. We are almost a week since the first weekend of opening up, if the numbers are going to slow down or start to climb, i would guess we will begin to see over the coming week or two. now is the time we'll start to see the effect of the big unlock.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13154 on July 29, 2021, 05:15:33 pm by bpoolrover »
I personally don't see how the numbers won't rise significantly it just depends how much, I think in the next few weeks we will be way over 50k cases a day but as long as the deaths and hospitalisations don't rise to a stupid level we should be ok with more and more getting there 2nd dose

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13155 on July 29, 2021, 05:44:33 pm by drfchound »

Agreed, even BST doesn’t post on the off topic stuff just now.
That might be because of the fall in Covid infections though.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #13156 on July 29, 2021, 05:52:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »

He'll be back when they rise again!

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13157 on July 29, 2021, 09:04:56 pm by scawsby steve »

Yes, AL, but does the Aussie Rules football season start at the same time?

If not, we'll still be stuck with him.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13158 on July 29, 2021, 11:03:23 pm by SydneyRover »

Yes, AL, but does the Aussie Rules football season start at the same time?

If not, we'll still be stuck with him.

Oh there you are SS, I thought you'd be down at the Sun Inn ripping up pavers and burning tyres following johnson's attack on old people, is there anyone he doesn't disrespect or is it just those he doesn't give two f**ks for?

KeithMyath

• Forum Member
« Reply #13159 on July 29, 2021, 11:05:40 pm by KeithMyath »

A fall in the daily positive test cases doesn’t mean a fall in actual Covid cases. How long has this thread been going and people still don’t understand the difference. There’s a million factors why daily testing figures aren’t used by scientists, the ONS figures are the only measurable way of seeing if  cases are going up or down. Let’s all hope it is going down but anyone using daily figures as the be and end all to Covid stats is only looking at what they want to see.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13160 on July 29, 2021, 11:09:43 pm by SydneyRover »
the ones trying to score personal points remind me of that band the Chipmonks, who's Alvin, that's the question.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13161 on July 30, 2021, 07:55:02 am by Ldr »

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #13162 on July 30, 2021, 08:43:24 am by dickos1 »

A fall in the daily positive test cases doesn’t mean a fall in actual Covid cases. How long has this thread been going and people still don’t understand the difference. There’s a million factors why daily testing figures aren’t used by scientists, the ONS figures are the only measurable way of seeing if  cases are going up or down. Let’s all hope it is going down but anyone using daily figures as the be and end all to Covid stats is only looking at what they want to see.

Agreed
But these are the figures people use consistently when they are trying to show ho high they are.
Can’t only use them when it’s bad surely

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13163 on July 30, 2021, 08:54:02 am by SydneyRover »
Will this impact you Syd? Don’t know where in the city you are

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/adf-soldiers-to-arrive-in-sydney-covid19-lockdown/100336124

The ADF are being brought in to monitor compliance with the areas in lockdown mainly further west of the city, we in the older inner west Italian quarter, close to the city, around 6-7klm away. We have reduced trips out and are 3 min from Aldi and Woolies so we are affected by the pandemic generally but not by the ADF, yet. I would say if numbers climb the whole city maybe in a harder lockdown quite soon.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13164 on July 30, 2021, 10:08:47 am by big fat yorkshire pudding »
What do you think of that Sydney?  Its the opposite direction to the fairly liberal approach the UK drove is that the right action?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #13165 on July 30, 2021, 10:13:25 am by Ldr »

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-30/adf-soldiers-to-arrive-in-sydney-covid19-lockdown/100336124

The ADF are being brought in to monitor compliance with the areas in lockdown mainly further west of the city, we in the older inner west Italian quarter, close to the city, around 6-7klm away. We have reduced trips out and are 3 min from Aldi and Woolies so we are affected by the pandemic generally but not by the ADF, yet. I would say if numbers climb the whole city maybe in a harder lockdown quite soon.

Stay safe

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13166 on July 30, 2021, 10:16:33 am by SydneyRover »
What do you think of that Sydney?  Its the opposite direction to the fairly liberal approach the UK drove is that the right action?

Not sure what the ADF are going to do really they have no powers, the police called them in and it could be for cover when they take on the nutjobs in more antilockdown protests tomorrow. I've just heard the ADF will door-knock to ensure those that are supposed to be isolating are.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13167 on July 30, 2021, 10:19:42 am by SydneyRover »

Stay safe

Thanks mate, we had our second jabs a week ago but are like many in a vulnerable place.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13168 on July 30, 2021, 10:25:59 am by Axholme Lion »
Boris and his band have got a lot of things wrong with Covid but next week we're all back at the football while the rest of the world are still pissing around.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #13169 on July 30, 2021, 10:42:38 am by bobjimwilly »

Fairly liberal approach? Cmon, the British approach has been to make every decision surrounding COVID a week or two after it needed to be made. In the case of hotel isolations for foreigners it was a year late! No matter the current state of cases in Australia, we aren't even in the same league as them with regards to overall deaths or cases:

UK
Cases - 5.8m
Deaths - 130K

Australia
Cases - 33k
Deaths - 922

We can't start comparing ourselves to Austrlia on what is happening over the last month. And if anything, we should be copying what they are doing, not scoffing at them!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012