Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 07:06:24 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860481 times)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13740 on October 07, 2021, 08:18:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Just for balance. Most of the nurses and some of the doctors in the NHS are absolutely amazing. The issue with the NHS is with inept and overpaid management, along with a large number of arrogant and dismissive sociopathic consultants with zero empathy or emotional support skills.

The frontline staff keep the show on the road and i am very much appreciative of that.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #13741 on October 07, 2021, 08:22:37 pm by drfchound »
CDH, there are usually a few rotten apples in most barrels.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13742 on October 07, 2021, 08:31:03 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
CDH, there are usually a few rotten apples in most barrels.

Agree hound.

Unfortunately the NHS is one humongous barrel.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13743 on October 07, 2021, 08:46:38 pm by scawsby steve »
Midazolam.

Bloody hell, I've just researched it. It makes my Diazepam look like Smarties.

I could do with some of that when the Rovers lose, or after reading Sydney's posts.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13744 on October 07, 2021, 09:03:23 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Axholme. Why do you have a Millwall badge as your avatar yet are on a Donny fans forum? Just asking politely like.  ;)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13745 on October 07, 2021, 10:12:54 pm by SydneyRover »
This is one of several reasons why the tories want to hold off the inquiry so that the findings come through after the next election.

''Coronavirus report warned of impact on UK four years before pandemic
Exclusive: Report from planning exercise in 2016 alerted government of need to stockpile PPE and set up contact tracing system''

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/oct/07/coronavirus-report-warned-of-impact-on-uk-four-years-before-pandemic

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13746 on October 07, 2021, 10:20:26 pm by SydneyRover »
''Senior health officials who war-gamed the impact of a coronavirus hitting the UK, warned four years before the onset of Covid-19 of the need for stockpiles of PPE, a computerised contact tracing system and screening for foreign travellers, the Guardian can reveal''

Wow just about all the things that this government got wrong, there'll be plenty of humble pie to go around for there ardent supporters I should think.

dickos will be back for his share, no doubt

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13747 on October 07, 2021, 10:23:21 pm by SydneyRover »
''The participants imagined cases of Middle East respiratory syndrome (MERS-CoV) arriving in London and Birmingham and spreading rapidly resulting in “a large scale outbreak”. Like Covid, MERS causes potentially fatal respiratory illness and can spread asymptomatically; there were no known treatments or vaccines.

Government ministers have previously stressed that pandemic planning focused more on flu so did not prepare the UK for the demands a coronavirus placed on PPE, hospitals and care homes''

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13748 on October 07, 2021, 10:24:56 pm by SydneyRover »
''Some of the key issues raised in the report became problems in the early weeks of the Covid pandemic. In March 2020 nurses and care workers reported chronic shortages of PPE leading to fears they were spreading the virus more than was necessary. This led to a scramble for the right equipment as deaths and cases increased.

The UK government also continued to allow people to enter the country unscreened from Covid hotspots, such as China and Italy, despite the recommendations in Exercise Alice''

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13749 on October 07, 2021, 10:32:47 pm by Nudga »
Midazolam.

Bloody hell, I've just researched it. It makes my Diazepam look like Smarties.

I could do with some of that when the Rovers lose, or after reading Sydney's posts.

Coincidental timings?

https://pharmaceutical-journal.com/article/news/supplies-of-sedative-used-for-covid-19-patients-diverted-from-france-to-avoid-potential-shortages

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13750 on October 07, 2021, 10:34:49 pm by Nudga »

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13751 on October 08, 2021, 02:27:52 am by bpoolrover »
''Some of the key issues raised in the report became problems in the early weeks of the Covid pandemic. In March 2020 nurses and care workers reported chronic shortages of PPE leading to fears they were spreading the virus more than was necessary. This led to a scramble for the right equipment as deaths and cases increased.

The UK government also continued to allow people to enter the country unscreened from Covid hotspots, such as China and Italy, despite the recommendations in Exercise Alice''
my wife who caught covid in the first wave who is a nurse had a shortage of Ppe simply because the bosses saved it for the doctors and higher nurses when there was plenty to go around but that's a different issue

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13752 on October 08, 2021, 09:16:32 am by Axholme Lion »
Axholme. Why do you have a Millwall badge as your avatar yet are on a Donny fans forum? Just asking politely like.  ;)

I support Millwall but i live on the Isle of Axholme and work in Doncaster. I get to about two or three games every month.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13753 on October 08, 2021, 09:19:34 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I support Millwall but i live on the Isle of Axholme and work in Doncaster. I get to about two or three games every month.

Ah see. Thanks for the info AL. Did you go to Oakwell last weekend AL? Last minute winner must have sent the travelling lions into dreamland!

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #13754 on October 08, 2021, 09:30:06 am by Axholme Lion »

Ah see. Thanks for the info AL. Did you go to Oakwell last weekend AL? Last minute winner must have sent the travelling lions into dreamland!

Certainly did. Right in front of us it was. Not a bad month October as regards travel, Barnsley, Sheff United and Huddersfield all away. Barnsley looked poor i have to say.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #13755 on October 08, 2021, 06:31:50 pm by scawsby steve »

Certainly did. Right in front of us it was. Not a bad month October as regards travel, Barnsley, Sheff United and Huddersfield all away. Barnsley looked poor i have to say.

Just curious, AL; do you drive down to home games, or go on the train?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13756 on October 09, 2021, 12:09:18 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
I am very concerned about the talk of re-introducing Covid preventative measures back into schools for the winter. I have already had a brutal and unresolvable spat with the headteacher of my child's secondary school about the measures throughout but now i am seriously considering holding the headteacher to full account and commencing litigation against him. He is ultimately responsible for what happens in his school yet he his using cowardice to hide behind others. I'm not having it anymore.

Anyone else having issues with their child's school with regards to Covid?

No need to answer if you are one of these buffoons who agree with the measures however. 

Kids have needed normality all the way through this and have been hung out to dry and this is still happening. Needs to stop.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 12:12:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13757 on October 09, 2021, 12:14:33 pm by SydneyRover »
Keep us appraised of what the lawyers cost, you never know this sort of thing may catch on.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13758 on October 09, 2021, 12:20:08 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Keep us appraised of what the lawyers cost, you never know this sort of thing may catch on.

This attitude is the reason why our kids are being failed sadly, by weak parents with no b*llocks. (Dads only obviously). Thanks for your meaningless contribution anyway. Appreciated.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13759 on October 09, 2021, 12:21:20 pm by SydneyRover »
genuinely concerned, often the loser pays all costs.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13760 on October 09, 2021, 12:23:44 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
genuinely concerned, often the loser pays all costs.

That is if they can recover the costs from the loser of course. What are they going to do? Send me to prison?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13761 on October 09, 2021, 12:25:05 pm by SydneyRover »
Ask your lawyer

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13762 on October 09, 2021, 12:31:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I am very concerned about the talk of re-introducing Covid preventative measures back into schools for the winter. I have already had a brutal and unresolvable spat with the headteacher of my child's secondary school about the measures throughout but now i am seriously considering holding the headteacher to full account and commencing litigation against him. He is ultimately responsible for what happens in his school yet he his using cowardice to hide behind others. I'm not having it anymore.

No need to answer if you are one of these buffoons who agree with the measures however. 

Kids have needed normality all the way through this and have been hung out to dry and this is still happening. Needs to stop.

Yeah, I'm having issues with the way schools are dealing with COVID. The kids of two of my employees have caught COVID at school. As a result, I've had to ask my employees to work from home, in order to protect an elderly colleague who has gone down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole and refused to be vaccinated.

That's what happens in the real world.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13763 on October 09, 2021, 12:35:06 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Another friend was due into hospital for radiotherapy this week. His daughter caught COVID in an outbreak at her school yesterday. As a result, his treatment has been postponed.

This is what the effect of schools opening up is having on real people, so frankly, you can shove your theories up your f**king arse.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13764 on October 09, 2021, 01:01:51 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
If parents don't test their kids then all this will be over. Nobody will know who has Covid and it will be treated like flu. That is called normality.

For those who are susceptible, they have the vaccine if they wish to take it (f they can of course) and most people susceptible will be fine anyway, even without the vaccine.

It is not the responsibility of children to have their lives restricted in order to protect adults. If adults are vulnerable then they modify their behaviour to suit their circumstances, not ask others to modify their lives just so that they can protect theirs to some degree.

Harsh but that is how it is.

This is the reality that everyone needs to accept at some point.  No theories needed.

The cancellation of the appointment would not have happened if people stopped testing their kids.

Schools need to open up fully back to normal. Anybody not happy with that can lock their kids up 24/7 and stop them having a life. I had a childhood and kids today are entitled to that too.

Young people have sacrificed so much for the benefit of the older generation and this isn't often recognised.

Hope your friend does get the treatment he needs.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 01:05:32 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13765 on October 09, 2021, 01:17:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Yeah, I'm having issues with the way schools are dealing with COVID. The kids of two of my employees have caught COVID at school. As a result, I've had to ask my employees to work from home, in order to protect an elderly colleague who has gone down the conspiracy theory rabbit hole and refused to be vaccinated.

That's what happens in the real world.

It is not your responsibility to protect an elderly colleague. They have the choice to be jabbed or not. Either way what happens to them isn't your responsibility. It is theirs.

If this elderly colleague has gone down a conspiracy theory rabbit hole then it is his / her choice. Information of all kinds is out there for all of us in order to help make our minds up about the vaccine. The responsibility lies with them to make a decision and hope it is the right one for them. If it isn't then that isn't your problem or responsibility. It is theirs.

This is what happens in the real world. Because it is reality.

If the vaccine works then we get on with life. If the vaccine only works in certain people then we get on with life. If the vaccine doesn't work at all then we get on with life. This is reality.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 01:21:22 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13766 on October 09, 2021, 01:27:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
My elderly colleague bis very emotionally vulnerable for reasons which you have no knowledge of.

Don't you DARE lecture me on what I should or should not do to help him.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13767 on October 09, 2021, 01:35:50 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
My elderly colleague bis very emotionally vulnerable for reasons which you have no knowledge of.

Don't you DARE lecture me on what I should or should not do to help him.

That's fine Billy. All i'm saying is that it is not the responsibility of schoolchildren to have their education, childhoods and in many cases mental health affected, so that X person can have radiotherapy or X person can be protected as he is emotionally vulnerable. As much as i sympathise with the predicaments of both of those people who you know.

You do what you think it responsible and best for your situation. As i am doing for mine. The two differ, yes, but i do not expect anybody to modify their behaviour, have their lives restricted or be forced to have a medical intervention just so i can be safer or my elderly mother can be safer or my vulnerable autistic nephew can be safer. Yet you do when it comes to schoolchildren.

I'm presuming you advocate the mass rollout of the Covid vaccine to kids too despite them not requiring it for their own health and the fact that they can still pass the virus onto others despite being vaccinated, if they got the vaccine? Which my child won't be having, not through parental consent nor Gillick Competency.

If my elderly mother gets Covid and dies then that's what will happen. Either she chooses to have the vaccine or she doesn't or the vaccine works or it doesn't. Thems the risks. Not much you can about them which she herself admits because she doesn't want her Grandkids lives affected by the measures just to protect the elderly.

Neither she nor I am going to spend the rest of time worrying about trying to avoid a virus that everyone will get at some point anyway.

There are also many people emotionally vulnerable and that also is close to home in my life too.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2021, 02:10:13 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13768 on October 09, 2021, 02:23:22 pm by Nudga »
People getting their knickers in a twist over a 99.997% survival rate.

Will vaccine Passports reduce those percentages?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13769 on October 09, 2021, 02:59:27 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Your numbers are only out by a factor of 100 Nudga.

Think about it this way.

At the age my unvaccinated colleague is, if he catches COVID, there's a 2% chance he doesn't come out the other side.

What would you say to a boss who asked you to do a job at work, where the chances of having a fatal accident were 1 in 50?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012