Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:22:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 875497 times)

BigH

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #13830 on October 11, 2021, 08:52:16 am by BigH »
That's Ferguson who said in the first few weeks of the crisis that in an unmitigated outbreak, 60% of the population would catch COVID in a few weeks and 1% of them would die? That one?

Only, there's only been one place in the western world where there was a totally unmitigated outbreak. And 0.6% of the population died from COVID in 6 weeks.

But yeah, Ferguson is a bullshitter because, reasons...

I honestly can't now take you seriously. Not that i ever did. Ferguson is an absolute shit show and should be taken round the back of a disused pub, throttled with a damp tea towel and dumped into the nearest canal. He's an absolute disgrace to humanity. Foot and mouth Mr Ferguson? Yeah, got that one wrong too. Swine flu Mr Ferguson? Wrong again.

How he is still anywhere near a position where he can cause further untold damage is beyond me.

Probably due to dumbass people like BST in the Tories thinking he's still doing a good job.

Reasons? HE IS ALWAYS f**kING WRONG!! BY GIGANTIC MARGINS!!

Reason enough?
Col, I think you need to be careful.

Neil Ferguson is an epidemiological modeller not Mystic Meg.

His maths was broadly right and so was his summation: do nothing and you'll end up with hundreds of thousands dead and your health service overwhelmed.

As a result of his modelling - nothing more - government action was eventually taken. But, despite three lockdowns, we've still had over 130,000 die and our health service taken to the brink.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13831 on October 11, 2021, 09:37:36 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Our health service wasn't in any fit shape pre-pandemic so they were always going to contribute to the deaths of many people when a pandemic came along. Along with GP surgeries putting up shutters and telling people to stay away, which meant that many people did not seek treatment for other things and so died at home. The NHS failed these people. Our health service is always on the brink.

I also do not believe the death stats. Not all those people died as a direct consequence of Covid. So, it will be much lower. Another inaccuracy. Like Mr Fergusons modelling.

Ferguson is clueless, along with the Government. Both have cost many more lives than a virus that doesn't kill or severely injure over 99.9% of unvaccinated people.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13832 on October 11, 2021, 09:59:15 am by BillyStubbsTears »
So if COVID hasn't been responsible for these deaths, why did we have massive spikes in excess deaths that coincided exactly with spikes in COVID cases?

This is the ultimate zombie argument. It gets killed over and over again, but just keeps coming back to life. Ressurected by people who just don't engage with facts, but prefer to indulge in stupid, baseless conspiracies.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13833 on October 11, 2021, 10:39:14 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Look, you do what you like and believe what you like. It is nothing to do with me.

All i am saying and have said since pretty much day 1 of this massively exaggerated pandemic is that everyone can go running around around doing what they want to do to protect themselves, but i do not, and will not comply with ANY restriction asked of me, if they do not make logical sense or have been proven to have no evidential basis.

I am a free citizen of what once was a freedom loving country and i will remain so. If you want to label people like me as selfish or uneducated then that's your lookout. I really don't give a toss because i am right and you are wrong and i will live my life by the laws i myself make that i believe are common sense. It is as simple as that.

If the entire planet got Covid then i couldn't care less. It's a virus and it spreads. There is no 100% security from the virus, despite people either wanting that or people modifying their lives and unfairly and irrationally wanting others to to mitigate. Deal with it because there is nothing else that can be done other than to get the jab if you so wish or not.

It is so simple that even you might be able to understand.

Now you run along now and do everything that your Government tells you to do. There's a good citizen.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 10:49:14 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13834 on October 11, 2021, 10:52:48 am by SydneyRover »
That was funny, you have to pay more not to have the sausage.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13835 on October 11, 2021, 11:00:29 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Cut the blather and follow the logic.

You said explicitly that you don't believe the COVID death numbers. That's fine. But then be man enough to own that opinion. Don't just chuck it in then run away from it. If you have that opinion, you have some uncomfortable facts to explain.

Why have there been over 150,000 excess deaths in the UK in the past 18 months? And why did the timing of those deaths tie in with peaks in COVID cases?

It's not a question of what you or I want to believe. We aren't children making up some fantasy world. It's about dealing with cold hard facts.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 11:04:51 am by BillyStubbsTears »

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13836 on October 11, 2021, 11:10:30 am by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Cut the blather and follow the logic.

You said explicitly that you don't believe the COVID death numbers. That's fine. But then be man enough to own that opinion. Don't just chuck it in then run away from it. If you have that opinion, you have some uncomfortable facts to explain.

Why have there been over 150,000 excess deaths in the UK in the past 18 months? And why did the timing of those deaths tie in with peaks in COVID cases?

It's not a question of what you or I want to believe. We aren't children making up some fantasy world. It's about dealing with cold hard facts.

There's a new virus. People die from it. We have to accept it. The end. That cold and hard enough for you?

f**k me.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13837 on October 11, 2021, 11:13:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. So you're now passing on your previous claim that the figures are lies.

Next point. What would have been the consequence of letting the virus loose and not taking the unprecedented steps we did to limit its spread?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13838 on October 11, 2021, 12:07:56 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Next point. What would have been the consequence of letting the virus loose and not taking the unprecedented steps we did to limit its spread?

The figures are inaccurate. The Government have already amended the death figures once, due to inaccuracy and i am inclined to believe that there are more inaccuracies.

I have already stated in an earlier post, with explanations, that the tests are not reliable. Both LFD & PCR. Therefore the number of deaths attributed to Covid are unreliable.

In addition, anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive Covid test is down on the stats as a Covid death.

Bear in mind first of all that a positive Covid test is not proof of Covid. The positive test can be due to an inaccurate result or it can be because the test has detected other viral fragments from a different virus. There is no such thing as a positive Covid test, because there is no definitive test for Covid at the exclusion of all other viruses / bacteria.

Secondly, a person can have a positive test in hospital but may have been admitted due to a serious car accident. That person then dies of injuries sustained from the car accident but it is classed as a Covid death because that person tested positive within 28 days of death. Death FOR ANY REASON WITHIN 28 DAYS OF A POSITIVE TEST. May not even be Covid that the test kit has detected.

Therefore the death figures attributed to Covid are woefully inaccurate.

The excess deaths to some degree could have been caused by the number of people dying in their homes from strokes, falls, heart attacks due to being unnecessarily scared shitless by a media complicit in the deaths of many people who chose to avoid seeking help. A number of deaths were due to people being unable to access treatment due to the NHS becoming the NCS, leaving people to rot with cancer and GP's stepping up to the plate during an unprecedented health crisis by telling everyone to f**k off.

The excess death figures aren't disputed but the cause of death for a lot of these deaths clearly is and rightly so.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:10:09 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13839 on October 11, 2021, 12:20:37 pm by SydneyRover »
And I guess you can substantiate all of this, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time right?

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13840 on October 11, 2021, 12:28:57 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
And I guess you can substantiate all of this, otherwise you wouldn't waste your time right?

It is all there to find.

For example, much of the information about the LFD kits suggesting they are not to be relied upon came within the instructions for use slips inside the boxes that contained the LFD kits. They clearly state that a LFD cannot detect Covid, nor is a positive test a definitive diagnosis of Covid. Also the test kit can pick up fragments of other viral infections. Basically why use something that is a waste of time and it admits it on the instruction guide?!!

The PCR tests are run on cycles, however some hospitals do not use the appropriate number of cycles, thus producing an inaccurate result. There are many FOI requests done by people which clearly uncover this if you care to peruse reliable sources on the internet.

As for the NHS and GP's being shite and contributing to the deaths of many people.  That is self evident to anyone.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13841 on October 11, 2021, 12:31:31 pm by SydneyRover »
so you wont be 'supporting the nurses claim for a pay rise?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13842 on October 11, 2021, 12:38:11 pm by Nudga »
One of my customers is a local funeral director. He told me that pre covid, if a patient died in a care home then two doctors from two different practises would come in and record the death.

During covid, only one gp did it and he would either look through the window or poke his head around the door and bosh, covid was recorded as cause of death.
A funeral celebrant corroborated his story.

There are plenty of stories out there that card home staff were not giving adequate care during the height of Covid and doctors weren't seeing those who were really sick and frail.

The funeral director also told me that he was just as busy as he usually was during the winter months but the main problem was the changes to funeral services at the crematorium.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 12:40:54 pm by Nudga »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13843 on October 11, 2021, 02:02:58 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

The figures are inaccurate. The Government have already amended the death figures once, due to inaccuracy and i am inclined to believe that there are more inaccuracies.

I have already stated in an earlier post, with explanations, that the tests are not reliable. Both LFD & PCR. Therefore the number of deaths attributed to Covid are unreliable.

In addition, anyone who dies within 28 days of a positive Covid test is down on the stats as a Covid death.

Bear in mind first of all that a positive Covid test is not proof of Covid. The positive test can be due to an inaccurate result or it can be because the test has detected other viral fragments from a different virus. There is no such thing as a positive Covid test, because there is no definitive test for Covid at the exclusion of all other viruses / bacteria.

Secondly, a person can have a positive test in hospital but may have been admitted due to a serious car accident. That person then dies of injuries sustained from the car accident but it is classed as a Covid death because that person tested positive within 28 days of death. Death FOR ANY REASON WITHIN 28 DAYS OF A POSITIVE TEST. May not even be Covid that the test kit has detected.

The excess deaths to some degree could have been caused by the number of people dying in their homes from strokes, falls, heart attacks due to being unnecessarily scared shitless by a media complicit in the deaths of many people who chose to avoid seeking help. A number of deaths were due to people being unable to access treatment due to the NHS becoming the NCS, leaving people to rot with cancer and GP's stepping up to the plate during an unprecedented health crisis by telling everyone to f**k off.

The excess death figures aren't disputed but the cause of death for a lot of these deaths clearly is and rightly so.

Nudga.
So:
1) You accept that we've had huge amounts of excess deaths during the COVID epidemic.

2) You don't accept that these deaths were caused by COVID.

3) You are guessing that maybe they have been caused by people being too scared to get treatment because of media reporting.

That's useful because we can now set up a hypothesis that is testable against the facts that we know.

My hypothesis is this: You are talking b*llocks. The excess deaths were indeed caused by COVID. And here's how you test it.

a) If the deaths really are due to COVID, you'd expect a direct correlation between the number of positive tests and the COVID deaths 2-3 weeks later. If the deaths were due to people not seeking treatment, you wouldn't expect that sort of correlation. Because it would take time for people to get scared as each wave grew, and it would take time for people to start feeling secure enough to seek treatment as each wave fell.

b) Even more certainly, if the deaths really were due to COVID, you'd expect that link between cases and deaths to start to get de-linked once the effect of vaccinations kicked in. And you'd expect that link to get more and more broken the more people were vaccinated. And you'd expect to be able to time when the breaking of the link should start to happen - about 6-8 weeks after vaccination starts, because it takes a few week for the vaccines to start working, and in cases where they have worked, they then prevent lives being lost a few weeks after that. Conversely, if the excess deaths were due to people being too scared to get treatment, there would be nothing like that clear a breaking of link. Because for the breakage to be that clear would require everyone to be precisely monitoring both the severity of the outbreak and the scale of the vaccination programme. And to factor in exactly the time delays between vaccination, infection prevented and deaths prevented.

So...look at the data below. That fires your hypothesis clean out the water. For 6 months, the number of deaths pretty much perfectly stayed at 1 for every 50 positive cases three weeks earlier. Rises and falls matched. Then the vaccination programme started and from about 8 weeks later, that linkage separated. exactly as it should have done if the deaths really were due to COVID infections.

I really get that you don't want this to be true, but you are as wrong as it is possible to be. Fortunately for you, people who matter have not listened to the sort of conspiracy bullshit that has infected your thinking on this.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13844 on October 11, 2021, 02:13:02 pm by Nudga »
There are lies, damned lies, and statistics. ' 
'Statistics is the art of never having to say you're wrong. ' Statistics is a collection of procedures and principles for gaining and processing information in order to make decisions when faced with uncertainty.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13845 on October 11, 2021, 02:15:48 pm by Nudga »
What's your take on the global Build Back Better and the global use of coercion, bribary and threats over vaccines and particularly vaccine Passports?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13846 on October 11, 2021, 02:52:47 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
What's your take on the global Build Back Better and the global use of coercion, bribary and threats over vaccines and particularly vaccine Passports?

You're dong what you've done all the way through this crisis.

You start with conspiracy theory b*llocks (deaths aren't due to COVID).

That argument in comprehensively demolished by comparing it with established facts.

You refuse to accept those facts and move onto the next conspiracy.

And on it goes, cycle after cycle after cycle.

If you are going to look at that graph I posted, along with the text explaining the background and STILL insist that your belief that deaths were due to something other than COVID (but not have any evidence at all to back up that belief) then you don't have any right to fire off questions to other people. Debate can't operate on a "This is my belief and if there's evidence to counter that I'm just going to ignore it" basis.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13847 on October 11, 2021, 03:38:16 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
so you wont be 'supporting the nurses claim for a pay rise?

Of course not. My partner is a key worker for a major charitable organization and she has worked all the way through. She hasn't got a pay rise.

Nurses get paid to nurse. If they don't like it then they need to leave and get another job. As many are doing, which is another issue.

Nurses are no different to anybody else in the working population yet we treat them as such. Many do an amazing job, granted. Many don't. However, this is not relevant. They are paid X and if they don't like it then either don't be a nurse in the first place or leave and find another better paying job.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13848 on October 11, 2021, 03:41:01 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

He won't answer about vaccine passports. He's another thicko who cannot accept that the vaccine doesn't stop viral transmission and as this is the only basis where a vaccine passport might be worth considering, the refusal to acknowledge this renders anybody in this camp thick as pig slurry and not worth entertaining their views.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13849 on October 11, 2021, 03:43:55 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Nudga.
So:
1) You accept that we've had huge amounts of excess deaths during the COVID epidemic.

2) You don't accept that these deaths were caused by COVID.

3) You are guessing that maybe they have been caused by people being too scared to get treatment because of media reporting.

That's useful because we can now set up a hypothesis that is testable against the facts that we know.

My hypothesis is this: You are talking b*llocks. The excess deaths were indeed caused by COVID. And here's how you test it.

a) If the deaths really are due to COVID, you'd expect a direct correlation between the number of positive tests and the COVID deaths 2-3 weeks later. If the deaths were due to people not seeking treatment, you wouldn't expect that sort of correlation. Because it would take time for people to get scared as each wave grew, and it would take time for people to start feeling secure enough to seek treatment as each wave fell.

b) Even more certainly, if the deaths really were due to COVID, you'd expect that link between cases and deaths to start to get de-linked once the effect of vaccinations kicked in. And you'd expect that link to get more and more broken the more people were vaccinated. And you'd expect to be able to time when the breaking of the link should start to happen - about 6-8 weeks after vaccination starts, because it takes a few week for the vaccines to start working, and in cases where they have worked, they then prevent lives being lost a few weeks after that. Conversely, if the excess deaths were due to people being too scared to get treatment, there would be nothing like that clear a breaking of link. Because for the breakage to be that clear would require everyone to be precisely monitoring both the severity of the outbreak and the scale of the vaccination programme. And to factor in exactly the time delays between vaccination, infection prevented and deaths prevented.

So...look at the data below. That fires your hypothesis clean out the water. For 6 months, the number of deaths pretty much perfectly stayed at 1 for every 50 positive cases three weeks earlier. Rises and falls matched. Then the vaccination programme started and from about 8 weeks later, that linkage separated. exactly as it should have done if the deaths really were due to COVID infections.

I really get that you don't want this to be true, but you are as wrong as it is possible to be. Fortunately for you, people who matter have not listened to the sort of conspiracy bullshit that has infected your thinking on this.

I think your thinking must be infected. You attributed the very intelligent quoted post to Nudga, when it was in fact mine.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13850 on October 11, 2021, 03:58:23 pm by Nudga »

You're dong what you've done all the way through this crisis.

You start with conspiracy theory b*llocks (deaths aren't due to COVID).

That argument in comprehensively demolished by comparing it with established facts.

You refuse to accept those facts and move onto the next conspiracy.

And on it goes, cycle after cycle after cycle.

If you are going to look at that graph I posted, along with the text explaining the background and STILL insist that your belief that deaths were due to something other than COVID (but not have any evidence at all to back up that belief) then you don't have any right to fire off questions to other people. Debate can't operate on a "This is my belief and if there's evidence to counter that I'm just going to ignore it" basis.

So now you're telling me I've got no right to ask questions. YOU are telling me what I can and can't do.
You keep calling me a conspiracy theorist, well I think you've been hypnotised by your TV.

We're here again where its you that's trolling me.

Getting "facts" is very hard to obtain as a lot of things are censored and blocked.
You'll believe your statistics over anyone else's anyway, so it renders any argument pointless, even though your statistics could be wrong and skewed to fit other narratives.

I know for a fact that Doctors are unwilling to recognise vax damage and report it to the yellow card system.
The guy who suffered pericarditis from his first jab told me the doctor explored every other avenue before reluctantly admitting it was from the vax.

Now, you've drawn me in again, I took a few weeks time out on here because of you so do me a favour and crawl back up your f**kin hairy arse if your bloated head will allow.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13851 on October 11, 2021, 04:12:49 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

He won't answer about vaccine passports. He's another thicko who cannot accept that the vaccine doesn't stop viral transmission and as this is the only basis where a vaccine passport might be worth considering, the refusal to acknowledge this renders anybody in this camp thick as pig slurry and not worth entertaining their views.

I'm in favour of vaccine passports because

1) Vaccinations DO reduce transmission, albeit they don't eliminate it and
2) stopping unvaccinated people mingling will reduce the number of people who require hospital attention as we go into an inevitably difficult winter.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13852 on October 11, 2021, 04:19:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Apologies for annoying you Nudga but I'm feeling particularly f**ked off today. All the way through this crisis, there's been people like you and our new contributor here spouting bullshit conspiracies. Every single time they get knocked down, with evidence, you don't stop and think "you know what? Maybe I'm wrong?" You just move onto pushing the next conspiracy. It'd people doing that all over the world that have infected the head of my employee, meaning that I'm short staffed for the next couple of weeks due to other staff potentially being infectious and I'm having to spend a day deciding which customer to piss off by delaying their work. So apologies if I'm not my usual accommodating self.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13853 on October 11, 2021, 04:28:21 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

I'm in favour of vaccine passports because

1) Vaccinations DO reduce transmission, albeit they don't eliminate it and
2) stopping unvaccinated people mingling will reduce the number of people who require hospital attention as we go into an inevitably difficult winter.

1) Vaccinations do not stop transmission to the levels required for a vaccine passport to be justified IMO.
2) Stop VACCINATED people mingling then too? Based on your daft argument. As they can still spread it.
3) My suggestion is to let those who want to live their lives and take the risk live them without restriction and those who want to obsess over the virus can also do so if they wish. It always seems to be those who want restrictions who want to also push them onto others.

Also, so relieved to read today that just 11% of parents have so far consented to get their kids jabbed. Amongst those will be parents of kids who have serious diseases and fair enough. Also amongst those will be parents who aren't fit for purpose and who require an immediate visit from social services.

I'm now expecting the onslaught of blackmail from Nadim Zahawi, teaching unions, local public health bodies and schools to come in an attempt to get parents to consent.

A 3rd year of kids education screwed by micro managing obsessives of a minor illness.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13854 on October 11, 2021, 04:33:19 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Apologies for annoying you Nudga but I'm feeling particularly f**ked off today. All the way through this crisis, there's been people like you and our new contributor here spouting bullshit conspiracies. Every single time they get knocked down, with evidence, you don't stop and think "you know what? Maybe I'm wrong?" You just move onto pushing the next conspiracy. It'd people doing that all over the world that have infected the head of my employee, meaning that I'm short staffed for the next couple of weeks due to other staff potentially being infectious and I'm having to spend a day deciding which customer to piss off by delaying their work. So apologies if I'm not my usual accommodating self.

GET SOME MORE STAFF THEN!! Tell them to stop testing, don't have the test and trace app and only stay off work if they are ill. Not rocket science.

Stop blaming others for your own mismanagement and short sightedness in business matters. It isn't the fault of others or Covid!

Everyone knows how the isolation system works. The system puts businesses at a disadvantage and if you adhere to the rules, then you will be put at a disadvantage. For a virus that everyone will be exposed to at some point anyway. Crackers.

Ignore all the rules and get on with life. Amazing that some people have not yet worked this out yet.

Just say 1 person a day dies of Covid in each of our hospitals. Take DRI for example. It is a large hospital in a large town.

If 1 person a day died of Covid in DRI, nobody would bat an eyelid.

So if we amplify that and take the number of hospitals in the country. So Leeds, Hull, York, Liverpool Manchester, Lincoln, Bristol, Plymouth, Birmimgham and so on and so forth. Every major town and city has a hospital.

I think there are about 1500 hospitals and so if 1 person a day died in each hospital of Covid daily, that would be a daily death figure of 1500 people a day.

If 1 person from each town with a hospital died from Covid everyday. It wouldn't really concern many people, despite it being 1500 a day. Because the sheer numbers of people in this country and numbers of hospitals put this into perspective. But if you told them on the tellybox that 1500 people a day were dying, everyone would start shitting themselves because they are being bombarded by what looks like large numbers. People are f**king so stupid it is unreal. They need to get perspective and stop being so easily psychologically manipulated.

The likelihood of death is still nearly zero.

Yet on average, about 100 people a day are dying and this has been relatively stable for quite some months. Obviously this will increase in the winter months naturally but still not worth any restrictions whatsoever or adhering to restrictions and rules.

100 people dying daily is like 1 person to every 15 hospitals. Maths not good but i think this is right. Not worth worrying about. Get on with your life.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 04:47:39 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #13855 on October 11, 2021, 04:51:39 pm by Nudga »
Anyway, I've volunteered to be in the control group for the greater good.
I'm doing my part for science.

I also worked at a 10 meter height today  up and down Scaffolding.
My life is full of risks, I'm just getting on with it.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13856 on October 11, 2021, 05:05:54 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
Today i have a vastly increased risk of being diagnosed with cancer or suffering a heart attack than i have of contracting Covid and dying. Yet i'm not trying to avoid getting cancer or heart attack. I don't worry. I accept that both are really quite likely at some point, especially as i age - as is contracting Covid. But i also accept that the better outcome for me of the main things out there that could kill me is with getting Covid.

One in 2 of us will get cancer apparently and the death rates for cancer are alarming. Is everyone going around today shitting themselves about getting cancer today?

The risk aversion and lack of perspective amongst supposedly intelligent people is stark.

I have always took the view that i have no problem with people who want to be vaccinated, who want to wear 2 masks - outside, who want to test themselves every time they get a headache or who want to live their lives dictated to by rules and restrictions imposed upon them by a dictatorship of a Government.

That's all fine by me.

However, i don't want any of that and if i could be left alone to get on with my life free of all this and free of others sticking their f**king beaks into my life every 2 minutes saying i should be doing this and should be doing that and if i don't i'm selfish or don't care about others blah blah then that would be fair and an amazing relief.

Being forced to do things that you don't agree with or face sanctions is not a good place to be in and is the reason why i despise anyone who merrily goes along with what they are told by bent politicians and then try to get others to do the same, as if they have some sort of right to interfere in the lives of others. Scum of the planet.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13857 on October 11, 2021, 05:18:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

GET SOME MORE STAFF THEN!! Tell them to stop testing, don't have the test and trace app and only stay off work if they are ill. Not rocket science.

Stop blaming others for your own mismanagement and short sightedness in business matters. It isn't the fault of others or Covid!

Everyone knows how the isolation system works. The system puts businesses at a disadvantage and if you adhere to the rules, then you will be put at a disadvantage. For a virus that everyone will be exposed to at some point anyway. Crackers.

Ignore all the rules and get on with life. Amazing that some people have not yet worked this out yet.

Just say 1 person a day dies of Covid in each of our hospitals. Take DRI for example. It is a large hospital in a large town.

If 1 person a day died of Covid in DRI, nobody would bat an eyelid.

So if we amplify that and take the number of hospitals in the country. So Leeds, Hull, York, Liverpool Manchester, Lincoln, Bristol, Plymouth, Birmimgham and so on and so forth. Every major town and city has a hospital.

I think there are about 1500 hospitals and so if 1 person a day died in each hospital of Covid daily, that would be a daily death figure of 1500 people a day.

If 1 person from each town with a hospital died from Covid everyday. It wouldn't really concern many people, despite it being 1500 a day. Because the sheer numbers of people in this country and numbers of hospitals put this into perspective. But if you told them on the tellybox that 1500 people a day were dying, everyone would start shitting themselves because they are being bombarded by what looks like large numbers. People are f**king so stupid it is unreal. They need to get perspective and stop being so easily psychologically manipulated.

The likelihood of death is still nearly zero.

Yet on average, about 100 people a day are dying and this has been relatively stable for quite some months. Obviously this will increase in the winter months naturally but still not worth any restrictions whatsoever or adhering to restrictions and rules.

100 people dying daily is like 1 person to every 15 hospitals. Maths not good but i think this is right. Not worth worrying about. Get on with your life.

You daft t**t. My staff have years of specialist training. I don't have spare ones sat scratching their arses waiting to be called up when someone is unavailable.

I've told two staff to stay at home to protect another member of staff who has refused to be vaccinated, despite being in a high-risk group.He's refused to be vaccinated because of listening to f**king idiots like you.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #13858 on October 11, 2021, 05:25:37 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
As for your numbers, you are doing the usual smoke and mirror b*llocks. You don't need to make up scenarios - just look at the basic facts.

We generally have 500,000 or so deaths a year. In 2020, we had 603,000. That's 62,000 (13%) more deaths than in any other year this century. and that was even WITH half the year being spent in lockdown to stop the COVID spread. Go and do some numbers to see what the situation would have been like if we hadn't locked down. How many COVID patients would have been in hospital. How many emergency treatments would have been cancelled, leading to more deaths. How many bodies would have been piled up in the makeshift morgues that were set up around the country because we wouldn't have had the capacity to bury them all.

I've said before that there's a nasty side of me wishes people like you could be transported into the parallel universe where that did happen. Perhaps it would give you cause to belt up.

ColinDouglasHandshake

• Forum Member
« Reply #13859 on October 11, 2021, 05:28:07 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »
How long are you going to 'protect' that member of staff for then? 3 months? 10 years? Given that Covid is endemic? Which proves my point about accepting the virus. As you have no choice and neither does he. Despite his difficulties, as you say, which must be difficult for him.

He can still catch Covid and be ill with the vaccine too you know or did you forget that bit?

You also forget that there are two sides to every story. So basically you are saying that anyone who disagrees with vaccination, because they have opposed the mainstream narrative are wrong and poisoning people with anti vaxx nonsense. I accept that some people want to have a vaccine and the reasons for them. You don't accept that people don't want to have them and their reasons for them.

Their reasons, because they don't concur with yours are now all anti vaxx b*llocks. When in many cases this isn't true. You are just intolerant.

Anyway. My last post on this subject. Done with it. At the risk of sounding a bit Sol Campbell-esque, I really can't be arsed to continue wasting my time arguing with people of inferior intelligence than myself. Nudga aside. Nudga has critical thinking skills and a healthy dose of skepticism.  If only there were more of that on this topic.

It is because of people like BST that we'll never get out of this shit show. Acceptance is the only solution. Like they did in 1918 with the Spanish flu, because they had no choice. They had no technology to rely on to work from home and order food and no 24/7 biased media coverage brainwashing them.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2021, 05:36:39 pm by ColinDouglasHandshake »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012