Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:07:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 876298 times)

Filo

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #15000 on December 15, 2021, 05:44:22 pm by Filo »
IF…and it’s a huge massive IF!
This new variant was anything to worry about, don’t you think we would go into a full lockdown, limited movement with full distancing protocols????

It’s beginnng to feel like a “ Jeremy beadle” prank again with masks on in shops but off in pubs….no logic at all unless you are fearful of dying because the government said you might!

Last years funtastic party photos from Government employees just goes to show that those that make the noise don’t actually believe what they are saying

Its simple, if you are in fear for your life stay the hell indoors and stop whining about those who really can’t trust the words being spoken from the government and it’s lackey scientists/ doctors…

Just my opinion, I’m fully jabbed and not judging those who would prefer not to be…

If Christmas wasn’t around the corner we would be in full lockdown now, but this clown is desperate not to cancel Christmas again and a few more dead won’t bother him

Stop indoors then ? Simple

If only…..

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15001 on December 15, 2021, 05:56:20 pm by normal rules »
Pretty unambiguous.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15002 on December 15, 2021, 05:58:51 pm by scawsby steve »
If you can't understand the relationship between infectious diseases and vaccinations, you really need to educate yourself before spouting off on a football forum with opinions that are very telling of someone who isn't informed and has been reading facebook posts from other people who aren't informed.

Also ask yourself - whatever happened to polio, Rubella, Measels, Tuberculosis? And maybe even more relevant, what happened to the number of deaths in this country since the annual flu vaccine programme was introduced?

Polio, Rubella, Measles, and TB vaccinations were to stop transmission, Bob, and were successful.

That's the difference between them and this; and yes, I have had my jabs, for what f*cking good they are.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15003 on December 15, 2021, 06:04:51 pm by normal rules »
Polio was first detected in 1894. Only recently, in 2018, was there an update about believed eradication. Well over 100 years it has been around.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #15004 on December 15, 2021, 06:05:34 pm by scawsby steve »
So the South African doctor who first discovered the Omicron strain has said that the UK is unnecessarily panicking over it, because despite it being extremely virulent, it is also extremely mild, with nowhere near the voracity of the Delta strain.

Don't shoot the messenger.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15005 on December 15, 2021, 06:07:45 pm by normal rules »
3300 cases of MMR in England in 2020.it hasn’t gone away. But vaccinations have helped reduce numbers of many years .

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15006 on December 15, 2021, 06:41:49 pm by normal rules »
Based on doubling cases every 2 days, Theres another 5 doubling occasions that can occur between now and Xmas.
78600 cases today.
Do the maths.
That’s a lot of cases.
A lot of people isolating by Xmas day, and what after that?
This will have a huge effect on the national infrastructure. Let alone the nhs.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #15007 on December 15, 2021, 06:47:35 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Based on doubling cases every 2 days, Theres another 5 doubling occasions that can occur between now and Xmas.
78600 cases today.
Do the maths.
That’s a lot of cases.

If the severity is low though, do you remove isolation for key workers?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15008 on December 15, 2021, 06:49:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
78600 cases today.
Do the maths.
That’s a lot of cases.

It's not QUITE as bad as that. Omicron still isn't the dominant strain. So Omicron cases are doubling every two days, but the total number isn't doubling every two days. But as Omicron cases explode and a bigger and bigger % of the total cases are Omicron, the rate at which the total number of cases doubles will shorten dramatically.

Last week, the total number of daily cases was doubling every 40 days or so. At the moment, that's down to below 20 days. I suspect by the weekend that'll be down into single figures. Then it's anyone's guess.

But the Omicron wave is here and it is going to get VERY big, VERY quickly. Some of the more boneheaded ones in here are about to find out what "Living with it" actually means.

Good luck everyone. Be sensible and careful.

normal rules

• Forum Member
« Reply #15009 on December 15, 2021, 06:51:15 pm by normal rules »
Some reports suggest one million will be self isolating by Xmas day .

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15010 on December 15, 2021, 06:51:48 pm by kirk »
Covid briefing imminent again

And was clear as mud !!

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15011 on December 15, 2021, 06:53:49 pm by Nudga »
Dr f**kin Doom again. I am prepared to bet you £2,000 in cash that I will still be here fit and healthy by the end of March.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15012 on December 15, 2021, 06:56:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dr f**kin Doom again. I am prepared to bet you £2,000 in cash that I will still be here fit and healthy by the end of March.

You will Nudga, I'm sure. Several 10s of thousands won't though. You seem oblivious to that.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15013 on December 15, 2021, 07:00:06 pm by Nudga »
OK. Same bet but me, my three kids, my wife, mum and step dad.
How's that?

kirk

• Forum Member
« Reply #15014 on December 15, 2021, 07:02:29 pm by kirk »
78600 cases today.
Do the maths.
That’s a lot of cases.

It's not QUITE as bad as that. Omicron still isn't the dominant strain. So Omicron cases are doubling every two days, but the total number isn't doubling every two days. But as Omicron cases explode and a bigger and bigger % of the total cases are Omicron, the rate at which the total number of cases doubles will shorten dramatically.

Last week, the total number of daily cases was doubling every 40 days or so. At the moment, that's down to below 20 days. I suspect by the weekend that'll be down into single figures. Then it's anyone's guess.

But the Omicron wave is here and it is going to get VERY big, VERY quickly. Some of the more boneheaded ones in here are about to find out what "Living with it" actually means.

Good luck everyone. Be sensible and careful.

Covid has been  in our house three times now, stuck to the rules, been vaccinated- twice!!

Just because some boneheads don’t agree with the bringer of doom we are idiots lol

We don’t need to all live in fear of it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15015 on December 15, 2021, 07:07:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
OK. Same bet but me, my three kids, my wife, mum and step dad.
How's that?

Yes Nudga. I'm sure. The odds are massively in favour of that.

That's not the point. What you are saying is that you are oblivious to the unlucky f**kers who HAVE died and who WILL die. As long as it doesn't affect you, you give the rods to everyone else.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15016 on December 15, 2021, 07:23:31 pm by Nudga »
Not at all, you're twisting things again.

OK, maybe I'll put it a different way. Non of my vax free friends have been ill with this "bas**rd". Quite a few of my vaxxed family and friends have had covid after their jab of hope. Non of them died, non of them went to hospital.

And not just them Billy, I've said before that I'm in and out of customers houses and I'm hearing similar stories.

I've evaded the Original strain, the Kent scarient, the Delta scarient, the Omicron scarient, the f**kin Megatron scarient and all little bas**rd scarients in-between.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15017 on December 15, 2021, 07:30:24 pm by wilts rover »
So the South African doctor who first discovered the Omicron strain has said that the UK is unnecessarily panicking over it, because despite it being extremely virulent, it is also extremely mild, with nowhere near the voracity of the Delta strain.

Don't shoot the messenger.

It should also be remembered of course that the average age in South Africa is 28, whilst it is 40 in the UK. So for the most part the doctor will be seeing the effect of the virus on younger people than will be affected here.

Just something to consider whilst considering.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #15018 on December 15, 2021, 07:34:04 pm by wilts rover »

OK, maybe I'll put it a different way. Non of my vax free friends have been ill with this "bas**rd". Quite a few of my vaxxed family and friends have had covid after their jab of hope. Non of them died, non of them went to hospital.

And not just them Billy, I've said before that I'm in and out of customers houses and I'm hearing similar stories.

I've evaded the Original strain, the Kent scarient, the Delta scarient, the Omicron scarient, the f**kin Megatron scarient and all little bas**rd scarients in-between.

Just been discussing things with the doc this evening. Seeing as how you have the same medical qualifications and knowledge as him - can you guarantee I will still be here in March?

And everyone else in the forum?

Or is it only yourself you are bothered about?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15019 on December 15, 2021, 07:36:22 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.
Problem is, you are focussing on the specific. What you directly know. And you are assuming the nationwide and worldwide figures are a conspiracy.

Think about it like this.

If you asked everyone in the world to think of a number between 1 and 200, roughly 1 in 200 would think of, say 167.

What you're saying is that because no-one you know thought of 167, anyone saying that 1 in 200 think of 167 is trying to deceive you. So you won't believe them.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15020 on December 15, 2021, 07:36:41 pm by Nudga »

Just been discussing things with the doc this evening. Seeing as how you have the same medical qualifications and knowledge as him - can you guarantee I will still be here in March?

And everyone else in the forum?

Or is it only yourself you are bothered about?

I don't know your medical history, I don't know if you're fat etc

But you've had your arms jabbed with hope three times so you'll be OK won't you.

Won't you?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15021 on December 15, 2021, 07:39:07 pm by Nudga »
Nudga.
Problem is, you are focussing on the specific. What you directly know. And you are assuming the nationwide and worldwide figures are a conspiracy.

Think about it like this.

If you asked everyone in the world to think of a number between 1 and 200, roughly 1 in 200 would think of, say 167.

What you're saying is that because no-one you know thought of 167, anyone saying that 1 in 200 think of 167 is trying to deceive you. So you won't believe them.

No I don't believe them Billy. Not when they openly lie on TV, like the NHS boss who lied and the data being manipulated by ONS and the big f**k off parties being held by the people who who are feeding us this shit.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15022 on December 15, 2021, 07:45:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I don't disagree with you about the Kitsons who partied in Downing St. Trouble is, you are taking their lead.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15023 on December 15, 2021, 07:50:00 pm by Nudga »
I don't disagree with you about the Kitsons who partied in Downing St. Trouble is, you are taking their lead.

I haven't partied like it's 1999 Billy

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15024 on December 15, 2021, 07:52:51 pm by Ldr »
“The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results“…….. enjoy your boosters

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15025 on December 15, 2021, 07:55:10 pm by Nudga »
What I really don't understand is that a few people have had hope jabbed into theirs arms three times in a year but they are still shitting their pants and don't seem to have any hope at all.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #15026 on December 15, 2021, 07:57:28 pm by Ldr »
Seems to me certain people find a comfort in being scared, ridiculous as it sounds

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15027 on December 15, 2021, 08:05:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Seems to me certain people find a comfort in being scared, ridiculous as it sounds

Still on that line?

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #15028 on December 15, 2021, 08:10:04 pm by Nudga »

This made me chuckle.

The government is claiming that Omicron will double every day. "400,000" cases today, up from "200,000" yesterday

On these assumptions, we will have 26 billion new cases on New Year's eve

So on that day every person in the UK will catch COVID 374 times, or once every 4 minutes.

Riddle me this. When a new scarient comes along (usually on the jab of hope rollout) what happens to the old scarient?
I haven't heard of the Kent scarient hurting people's feelings for a while.
Did it disappear to the same place as flu did?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #15029 on December 15, 2021, 08:15:54 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga

When a variant emerged that can spread more quickly, it infects more people than the previous variant. So there are fewer vulnerable people for the less efficient variant to infect. So, over time it dies out.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012