Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 29, 2024, 02:34:11 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 879156 times)

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #16590 on September 02, 2022, 04:12:01 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
So with inflation going through the roof and the world in recession... was locking  down still the right idea?

It's a good job Russia did invade, given this government breathing space...everything can be blamed on that.

This government is not sleep at the wheel, they F@cked off ages ago.

I think locking down initially was the reasonable decision to make until the virus could be evaluated. Unfortunately that evaluation went straight to vaccines as being the way out, therefore lockdown had to continue. And of course huge public funds forwarded to those rich winkers who make money from Pharma.

The right response was to realise that the vorus wasn't that bad and ease off the lockdown peddle much quicker than was done, and work out how the vulnerable can protect themselves whilst everyone else gets on with it.

Now we're paying not just fro the vaccine effects but from the poverty which will cause huge amouts of ill health and death, beyond what the actual lockdown caused at the time.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16591 on September 02, 2022, 04:28:23 pm by Panda »
The virus gave us an advantage in the fact that it generally mostly affected the very elderly and vulnerable and even then the fatality rate was less then 1% so it gave us a head start.

Adhering to the Great Barrington declaration became the most sensible way forward about 6 months in as soon as we knew this but no. The Tories locked every man, woman and child down and continued to do so. Fuelled by scaremongering and inaccurate biased reporting from MSM which made EVERYONE think they were at risk and liars of scientists with agendas who now have knighthoods instead of serving time at her majesty's pleasure.

I think as far as i'm aware, 'Professor' Neil Ferguson still has gainful employment in the same field of 'expertise'. That's what we are up against and why 'the science' is not 'the science' at all. Just some arseholes version of it.

We got given an advantage by the mildness of the virus to pretty much the whole population and didn't take it. Laura Dodsworth in her book State of Fear explains why. Because we were being nudged and manipulated from the get go. But a small number of us realized this pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 04:36:08 pm by Panda »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16592 on September 02, 2022, 06:16:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
No BB. It's the Govt's own estimate of the total cost.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16593 on September 02, 2022, 06:47:55 pm by Bentley Bullet »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16594 on September 02, 2022, 07:26:25 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB
We were talking about health tourism. You're comparing apples with oranges.

I once split my head open in Italy and got it stitched up at A&E. I didn't deliberately go to Italy to get my head stitched up on the cheap.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16595 on September 02, 2022, 07:32:57 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm not talking about tourists coming here and getting stitched up, I'm talking about those who come here and stitch us up.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16596 on September 02, 2022, 07:39:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Right. Enjoy yourself then.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16597 on September 02, 2022, 07:53:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Tell me........This knock on the head you had........

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16598 on September 02, 2022, 10:55:40 pm by SydneyRover »
We've been here before with the costs of deliberate health tourism, it works out around 0.3 of 1% of the NHS budget, hardly worth the effort of chasing it down.

Still around 300million a year

Less costs and bother of chasing up debt from those that can't pay anyway

NHS chases the government of the country for payment as a rule of thumb

True but not 100% successful by any means, any idea of what the return is + the costs Ldr?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16599 on September 02, 2022, 10:56:45 pm by SydneyRover »
Sydney. If you see a shark coming towards you in ‘attack mode’, can you frighten it off by hitting it on its nose?

I believe a sharks nose is very sensitive. A bit like a man’s knackers.

Thank you.

Talking b*llocks Col

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #16600 on September 02, 2022, 11:09:39 pm by scawsby steve »
Sydney. If you see a shark coming towards you in ‘attack mode’, can you frighten it off by hitting it on its nose?

Thank you.

Talking b*llocks Col

Well you don't mind giving someone else a chance to do that do you?

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16601 on September 02, 2022, 11:17:53 pm by SydneyRover »

Thank you.

Talking b*llocks Col

Well you don't mind giving someone else a chance to do that do you?

I think one flew over the cuckoo's nest there Steve?

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16602 on September 04, 2022, 11:25:04 am by Panda »
I see the monkeypox panic has all but disappeared then? Stories emerging in MSM about an unknown pneumonia virus in Argentina.  :lol:

God, the media can't let go can they?  :lol: :lol:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16603 on September 04, 2022, 12:21:05 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
If only the media had never reported COVID. Maybe 200,000 UK people wouldn't have died of it.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16604 on September 04, 2022, 12:24:07 pm by Panda »
If only the media had never reported COVID. Maybe 200,000 UK people wouldn't have died of it.

We are in the mess because of the myopic virtue signalling views of people like yourself Billy. Don't moan when loads of people die this winter of cold, shit NHS care and vaccine injuries because you and the majority of sheep help contribute to it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16605 on September 04, 2022, 12:37:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Yes Colin.

When my mother was in hospital with a heart attack during the first lockdown, it was virtue signalling by me that stopped me going to see her.

I'm trying very hard to follow the request for more civilized debate in here, but posts like yours make it really f**king hard.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16606 on September 04, 2022, 12:45:25 pm by Panda »
It is because you refuse to accept that far more people and lives will be affected as a result of the lockdowns. Which is what is happening and will happen. Yes, people died of Covid but overall it is a drop in the ocean to the devastation to many people's lives as a result of the lockdowns. Which means the lockdowns were a huge mistake.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #16607 on September 04, 2022, 01:04:02 pm by Colin C No.3 »

Thank you.

Talking b*llocks Col
Only asking.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #16608 on September 04, 2022, 01:05:18 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Conclusion:

Boris Johnson was wrong because he delayed Lockdown. Then he was wrong because he ended them too early. On the other hand, he was wrong because we went into lockdown too early, and then he was wrong because he kept us in lockdown too long! But then, he was wrong anyway because we shouldn't have gone into lockdown at all!
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 01:08:23 pm by Bentley Bullet »

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16609 on September 04, 2022, 01:08:13 pm by tyke1962 »
Isn't Captain Hindsight a wonderful man to know .

Let's not believe the medical experts , the data , the images that hit our tv screens from northern Italy in the early days , the ability of the NHS to cope with the scale of this thing .

Let's not consider the elderly , those with serious health issues or anybody else for that matter .

Were mistakes made , yes , is mental health important yes it is .

Some people need to walk a few miles in the shoes of the people who  had this pandemic to deal with .

Folk like Neil Oliver spouting on GB News to his legion of conspiracy theorists didn't .

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16610 on September 04, 2022, 01:09:19 pm by Panda »
He was wrong because everyone has a human right to be able to go about their business. Whether carrying a deadly disease or not. Covid certainly is not for pretty much everyone who catches it and this was known before the lockdown. It is called freedom. Those worried about the deadly disease, secure your house and don't go out. Just don't tell others to do the same.

No individual is permitted to control us.

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16611 on September 04, 2022, 01:10:09 pm by Panda »
Isn't Captain Hindsight a wonderful man to know .

Let's not believe the medical experts , the data , the images that hit our tv screens from northern Italy in the early days , the ability of the NHS to cope with the scale of this thing .

Let's not consider the elderly , those with serious health issues or anybody else for that matter .

Were mistakes made , yes , is mental health important yes it is .

Some people need to walk a few miles in the shoes of the people who  had this pandemic to deal with .

Folk like Neil Oliver spouting on GB News to his legion of conspiracy theorists didn't .

:lol: :lol:

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16612 on September 04, 2022, 01:53:29 pm by tyke1962 »
He was wrong because everyone has a human right to be able to go about their business. Whether carrying a deadly disease or not. Covid certainly is not for pretty much everyone who catches it and this was known before the lockdown. It is called freedom. Those worried about the deadly disease, secure your house and don't go out. Just don't tell others to do the same.

Presumably you'd have left all your lights on when the Luftwaffe was dropping bombs on us every night during the second world war .

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16613 on September 04, 2022, 02:00:54 pm by Panda »

Presumably you'd have left all your lights on when the Luftwaffe was dropping bombs on us every night during the second world war .

Most people during Covid would have acted as responsibly as they possible could with regards to trying to keep people safe without being forced to or dictated to by the Government. That was where the line was crossed.

If there was another world war then most people would do their bit to help in solidarity to one cause WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO OR FORCED TO BY ANY GOVERNMENT. This is a basic freedom to make their own choices but most people would want to do whatever they could to help others.

It is like sending all men to war just because they are a man. Utter nonsense. Many men were not suited to war but were conscripted anyway and died when they could have helped the war effort in other ways.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #16614 on September 04, 2022, 02:10:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It is because you refuse to accept that far more people and lives will be affected as a result of the lockdowns. Which is what is happening and will happen. Yes, people died of Covid but overall it is a drop in the ocean to the devastation to many people's lives as a result of the lockdowns. Which means the lockdowns were a huge mistake.

You have a different opinion to me. My opinion is based on a careful and detailed analysis of the evidence. You are free to argue against any of that and I'm happy to explain why I think you are wrong.

What you shouldn't do is call me a sheep or a virtue signaller. Please don't do it.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #16615 on September 04, 2022, 02:11:00 pm by tyke1962 »

Most people during Covid would have acted as responsibly as they possible could with regards to trying to keep people safe without being forced to or dictated to by the Government. That was where the line was crossed.

If there was another world war then most people would do their bit to help in solidarity to one cause WITHOUT BEING TOLD TO OR FORCED TO BY ANY GOVERNMENT. This is a basic freedom to make their own choices but most people would want to do whatever they could to help others.

It is like sending all men to war just because they are a man. Utter nonsense. Many men were not suited to war but were conscripted anyway and died when they could have helped the war effort in other ways.

Isn't Liberalism wonderful , it's just the bit where taking responsibility when you feck things up , inadvertently kill other people and lead to others suffering unnecessarily that you struggle with .

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16616 on September 04, 2022, 02:19:05 pm by Panda »

You have a different opinion to me. My opinion is based on a careful and detailed analysis of the evidence. You are free to argue against any of that and I'm happy to explain why I think you are wrong.

What you shouldn't do is call me a sheep or a virtue signaller. Please don't do it.

Reasoned answer and point taken BST. Apologies for that. Can you not accept equally though that lives have also been destroyed and ended by the lockdowns too?

It was this lack of consideration for what lockdowns would do to people by the politicians and scientists etc when policy was implemented that is unforgiveable and an injustice.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:21:24 pm by Panda »

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16617 on September 04, 2022, 02:25:38 pm by Panda »
It wouldn't have been as bad if investment and plans had been put in place to help mitigate the inevitable effects of lockdowns such as making sure those who had been effected health wise or mental health wise would be able to access help when they needed it after the pandemic. This wasn't done and those who had their mental health obliterated by the Tories and the scientists are now floundering on long waiting lists and so are people who needed operations.

A friends husband has been waiting for hernia surgery since BEFORE the pandemic and still hasn't had it yet. That is scandalous and shouldn't be happening.

So lockdown by all means but ensure that people who need to access healthcare, benefits etc afterwards are able to. After all, they've done their bit to save the inept NHS.

By not even considering the vast implications of locking down they were never in a position to address them afterwards or during. Criminal trials should be taking place and yet we are here gushing about an absolute air head in Liz Truss and how she can take us forward. She's been part of the problem!

It's like they sat around the table WITH THE NHS and said what's the priority for the NHS after the pandemic? More doctors, nurses or diversity managers? I know. Diversity managers.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 02:30:44 pm by Panda »

Panda

• Forum Member
« Reply #16618 on September 04, 2022, 02:28:00 pm by Panda »

Isn't Liberalism wonderful , it's just the bit where taking responsibility when you feck things up , inadvertently kill other people and lead to others suffering unnecessarily that you struggle with .

No it isn't.

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #16619 on September 04, 2022, 03:23:23 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Where do you get those figures?

"My opinion is based on a careful and detailed analysis of the evidence"
« Last Edit: September 04, 2022, 03:32:56 pm by Bristol Red Rover »

TinyPortal © 2005-2012