Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 27, 2024, 07:43:13 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 877875 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #17100 on November 25, 2023, 03:07:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cheers BB

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17101 on November 25, 2023, 04:02:12 pm by ncRover »
Sounds rough Billy get well soon

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17102 on November 25, 2023, 06:13:36 pm by scawsby steve »
Finally copped a dose after avoiding it for nearly 4 years.

So far it's feeling similar to the worst flu I've ever had.

That's exactly how I felt; and I've had the b*st*rd twice.

Get well soon, mate.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #17103 on November 25, 2023, 06:18:33 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Finally copped a dose after avoiding it for nearly 4 years.

So far it's feeling similar to the worst flu I've ever had.

That's exactly how I felt; and I've had the b*st*rd twice.

Get well soon, mate.

Four times and thankfully easier each time.  Get well soon BST it's a bas**rd.

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17104 on November 25, 2023, 06:29:53 pm by Sprotyrover »
I have had 2 bouts last one I was in bed for 8 days even struggled to get to the Bathroom, best wishes Billy!

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #17105 on November 25, 2023, 06:31:34 pm by Ldr »
Get well soon BST

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17106 on November 25, 2023, 07:41:45 pm by SydneyRover »
Ditto

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17107 on November 25, 2023, 08:19:40 pm by ravenrover »
As an asthmatic I feared the worst when I caught it (twice now) but felt fine after a day or so. Putting that down to the jabs keeping me safe, that is JMHO

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17108 on December 09, 2023, 09:38:12 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Tell you what, this is a bugger. Still struggling with it, 15 days after I first came down with it. Coughing up gobs full, thick head and sinuses and absolutely knackered most of the time.

There's usually not a day goes past where I don't walk at least 8-9km. I've done it once in the past fortnight - done 400m today!

Doesn't feel dangerous, I'm just fed up with feeling 30% off peak at very best. But I can see how it could be dangerous if it got much worse.

Oh aye. Worst bleeding thing, I've not been able to taste any food or drink for a fortnight. It's like just eating foam.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #17109 on December 09, 2023, 10:10:29 pm by tommy toes »
Sorry to hear this BST. Lets hope it doesn't last much longer.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17110 on December 09, 2023, 11:16:53 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Cheers TT

ncRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17111 on December 10, 2023, 08:15:40 am by ncRover »
Sorry to hear BST. Make sure you’re getting some vitamin D supplemented. Because we don’t get any from the sun this time of year. The neti pots can help the sinuses too.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #17112 on December 10, 2023, 09:14:28 am by tyke1962 »
Tell you what, this is a bugger. Still struggling with it, 15 days after I first came down with it. Coughing up gobs full, thick head and sinuses and absolutely knackered most of the time.

There's usually not a day goes past where I don't walk at least 8-9km. I've done it once in the past fortnight - done 400m today!

Doesn't feel dangerous, I'm just fed up with feeling 30% off peak at very best. But I can see how it could be dangerous if it got much worse.

Oh aye. Worst bleeding thing, I've not been able to taste any food or drink for a fortnight. It's like just eating foam.

Had it since Thursday , thought I'd done well to avoid this thing for the last three years .

The cough is easing now but jeez I can't put one foot in front of the other without feeling as though I've run a marathon .

No taste and still aching .

Weirdly it didn't dawn on me what it was at first , I thought I was coming down with a cold until all the other stuff kicked in , took a test and hey presto .

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #17113 on December 10, 2023, 09:21:53 am by Nudga »
I discovered I had it when I was making a curry and I couldn't smell it. It tasted like I'd put a pound of salt in it, couldn't taste the spices at all. I suppose that was like a home test kit.
I had one day off work on the settee and felt a bit rough for a week after.
The odd thing was I was OK in the mornings but by 2pm I was absolutely knackered and got nothing left in me.

So for me, it was a bit worse than a proper cold but nowhere near as bad as flu.

I take a lot of vit D, zinc and magnesium so maybe that helped.

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17114 on December 10, 2023, 10:41:57 am by Colin C No.3 »
This thing is going nowhere soon. Expect an even more virulent strain in the very near future….& that’s not scaremongering.

Hope you all pull through soon & suffer no long covid issues either.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17115 on December 10, 2023, 11:16:56 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Had it since Thursday , thought I'd done well to avoid this thing for the last three years .

The cough is easing now but jeez I can't put one foot in front of the other without feeling as though I've run a marathon .

No taste and still aching .

Weirdly it didn't dawn on me what it was at first , I thought I was coming down with a cold until all the other stuff kicked in , took a test and hey presto .

That was me for the first few days Tyke. Started Friday 2 weeks ago. I was fine all morning. Had a meeting at 2pm and was fine. By 2:30, I had to make my apologies and leave because I thought I was going to keel over. Got bus home which I never do (I live a mile from work and always walk) went straight to bed and barely set a foot out till Tuesday morning.

It eased after that and just felt like a bad cold but it's come back to being like it was originally this past 4-5 days. Like you say, just walking is exhausting.

I'm guessing you and me are at the low end of the age group where it starts to get really serious.

Nudga. Worst thing I've ever had was severe flu when I was 40. Took weeks to clear up and while I had it, it I could barely function. This is now starting to feel like that in terms of how debilitating it is for a long time. Only saving grace is I haven't got the fever I had with that flu.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17116 on December 10, 2023, 11:23:03 am by SydneyRover »
Hope you all get better soon, sounds awful.

scawsby steve

• Forum Member
« Reply #17117 on December 10, 2023, 05:07:25 pm by scawsby steve »
Although I got over the worst effects in 4 or 5 days, I've had other things since. A bad ear infection, vertigo, light-headedness, sinusitis.

I'm pretty sure all these things are linked, and I think it's more than a coincidence they've followed on from Covid.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17118 on December 10, 2023, 07:56:49 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I got COVID in April 2022 after attending a funeral in Scotland. While driving home, I didn't feel ill, but I felt a bit off it and the drive home seemed endless. I took a COVID test when I got home because we had several test kits left that I assumed would be going to waste otherwise as we seemed to have passed the worst of the pandemic. It showed positive. My wife took one and hers showed negative.

Following a good sleep, I felt almost back to normal the next day, but my wife was quite poorly. She took another test and was positive. The next day she was much better. After 5/6 days we were both clear.

I thought at the time that I'd gotten away with it quite lightly and that I'd had worse colds, but now, some 20 months later, I haven't been right since.

Whether I would have had the issues anyway without having contracted COVID I'll never know, but I get out of breath quicker, can't walk anywhere near as far as I used to, have gallbladder problems, and have had more courses of antibiotics for chest/stomach problems than ever before.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17119 on December 10, 2023, 10:11:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

I had a similar experience when I had flu 15 or so years ago. Feeling like I never properly got over it, and I've never been as fit and healthy since as I was before it. Obviously I've got older, but the whole trajectory seemed to change after that bout of flu. I'm very much hoping this dose of COVID doesn't have a similar effect.

It's shite getting older, but I'd like to keep doing it for as long as possible.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17120 on December 10, 2023, 10:50:03 pm by Bentley Bullet »
BST

It certainly is shite getting older. In my experience when you reach mid 60's, it seems like each year you age 3 years. That's why, in my case, it's difficult to say whether COVID was responsible for my health issues since.

If it's any comfort to you, the people I know who have had COVID have all fully recovered, so I'm definitely in the minority of suffering long-term effects after COVID, even if it is down to COVID!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 11:04:15 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Colin C No.3

• VSC Member
« Reply #17121 on December 10, 2023, 11:10:45 pm by Colin C No.3 »
We’re of an age when I can certainly confer with those sentiments BB.

Just when you feel you’ve ’done your bit’ & paid your dues tax wise etc to society, you look to enjoy life with your children & grandchildren. Then bu**er me, health issues ‘kick in’ & all of that joy & happiness you’ve worked for to be able to enjoy it is compromised.

I guess we can only work with the ‘hand of cards’ we were dealt with & gerron wi it.

tyke1962

• Forum Member
« Reply #17122 on December 10, 2023, 11:23:11 pm by tyke1962 »
Me too , I've done physical jobs most of my working life , never bothered me , the one I've got now is the easiest I've had which at my age  is just as well .

But I feel it none the less , I couldn't do any of the previous jobs I've had today .

The winters too are just getting harder and harder to get through .

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17123 on December 10, 2023, 11:29:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Yep, you soon learn that you're racing against time! When we were working we used to get out in our touring caravan at weekends, arriving late Friday, and going home Sunday. In other words, our first full day, Saturday, was also our last full day!

We dreamt of the days after retirement when we would be free to go away whenever we wanted, only to discover the reality of the constant doctor's/hospital appointments getting in the way, when we finally did retire.

Mind you, I suppose it's better than the alternative!
« Last Edit: December 10, 2023, 11:53:10 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #17124 on December 10, 2023, 11:39:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Me too , I've done physical jobs most of my working life , never bothered me , the one I've got now is the easiest I've had which at my age  is just as well .

But I feel it none the less , I couldn't do any of the previous jobs I've had today .

The winters too are just getting harder and harder to get through .
I retired early, 8 years ago. No way on God's earth could I do the job now. I also agree that it's the winters that age you, inwardly anyway.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #17125 on December 11, 2023, 12:46:02 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm with you lads. A few years younger, but the difference between now in my late 50s and just a few years ago in early 50s is massive. Aches in the morning used to ease away by breakfast. Now they are there all day. And thinking isn't as sharp as it used to be. Little things like dealing with busy junctions when driving - it takes longer to take in and assess the whole picture. There's a balance in having more experience, but the Lord certainly giveth and taketh away.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17126 on December 11, 2023, 02:35:23 am by Filo »
I hit 60 in August, never been to Doctors or had as many blood tests in such a short space of time, and I am no wiser for a diagnosis

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #17127 on December 11, 2023, 10:28:43 am by tommy toes »
It's weird getting old int it?
I'm 71 and luckily have had no real health problems, other than prostate cancer 15 years ago which was cured fairly easily.
Never been hospitalised, don't take any medication.
It's hard to believe you're the age you are and that you're definitely in your twilight years.
I dread getting ill and incapable and needing 'care', I'd rather drop dead tomorrow.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #17128 on December 11, 2023, 10:44:42 am by i_ateallthepies »
My father was diagnosed with Altzheimers aged 70.  By age 75 he didn't know any of us but such was the strength of his physical constitution he lingered until age 84.  It was absolutely awful seeing him like that for such a long time.

I've been very lucky health wise and had no serious illnesses in adulthood until now at 68 I have a list of ailments and am on eight different medications permanently two of which are for heart arrhythmia.  I hope to get a good few years yet but the heart condition gives me the comfort of knowing that even if I do get dementia it probably won't take as long to finish me off as it did my father.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17129 on December 28, 2023, 11:48:51 am by ravenrover »
Home Covid Test
1. Pour a large glass of red wine and try to smell it.

2. If you can smell the wine then drink it & see if you can taste it.

3. If you can taste & smell it confirms you don't have Covid.

Last night, I did the test 19 times and all were negative, thank God.

Tonight I’m going to do the test again, because this morning I woke up with a headache & feel like I'm coming down with something

TinyPortal © 2005-2012