Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 28, 2024, 09:40:13 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 878943 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4200 on May 23, 2020, 04:28:33 pm by drfchound »
I think if anyone takes there political head off they will say he did what he needed and exactly what they would do?

No, I don’t think they would.
what would you do if you had a 4 year old and wouldn’t be able to look after him/her

I've said precisely what I'd do. Have a friend or family member come and take them for a while.

Very simple.

Didn't a report say that their child suffered with breathing difficulties.
It might be that the problem is a serious one and moving the child away from the parents or grandparents could make the condition worse through anxiety.
There is much about this that isn't common knowledge and there is a lot of guesswork.
I remember Filo telling us that he thought BJ was faking his illness.
(sorry to bring that up Filo but it is relevant to this argument)

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4201 on May 23, 2020, 04:28:41 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
it’s not about the goverment it’s about a child but seemingly you scoring points is worth more than that child

It's not about a child. It's about the lying and hypocrisy of Cumming. The child is only being used to try and excuse the lying and hypocrisy. And you've fallen for it.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4202 on May 23, 2020, 04:30:15 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
it’s not about the goverment it’s about a child but seemingly you scoring points is worth more than that child

No it is not. You are utterly ignoring the central issue.

Cummings chose to relocate his entire family. He did not need to do that. He could have had a friend of reltive take the child if he and his wife were incapable of looking after the bairn.

But we only have his say so that they WERE incapable of looking after the bairn.

His wife is on record as saying that she was capable of looking after Cummings.

And a neighbour in Durham is on record as saying he saw Cummings dancing with the bairn in the garden.

Which bits of that are you seeing as people playing politics with a kid's welfare?

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4203 on May 23, 2020, 04:30:50 pm by tommy toes »

It's not about a child at all.
His wife wrote IN HER OWN WORDS that all was fine.
They went to Durham because they wanted to.
End of story

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4204 on May 23, 2020, 04:32:29 pm by bpoolrover »
That’s not the point, they could look after the cold as is proven on the Spectator column.

You would have one of your relatives come to you if necessary.
what come and stay in your house?

Go on then, please explain what makes going to their house different to them coming to yours.

I can't wait for the answer to that one.
because the virus is very contiguous and why risk other people catching it, also it is not very nice young children seeing and knowing there parents are very poorly, this virus is awful and upsetting even with mild to moderate symptoms, as I said in a earlier edited post yes the best thing if possible would someone coming to collect the child

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4205 on May 23, 2020, 04:32:52 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I think if anyone takes there political head off they will say he did what he needed and exactly what they would do?

what would you do if you had a 4 year old and wouldn’t be able to look after him/her

I've said precisely what I'd do. Have a friend or family member come and take them for a while.

Very simple.

It might be that the problem is a serious one and moving the child away from the parents or grandparents could make the condition worse through anxiety.
There is much about this that isn't common knowledge and there is a lot of guesswork.

That doesn't stack up Hound.

Cummings is on record (well Kuenssberg actually, but y'know...) as saying that he and his wife self-isolated from the bairn while in Durham. They stayed in a different house, while the kid stayed with the relatives. Although which part of the definition of "self-isolating from" involves "dancing to ABBA in the garden with" is anyone's guess.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4206 on May 23, 2020, 04:33:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Very simple.

The rules given by the government were common knowledge and involved no guesswork. It was very, very specific. And none of the various versions being put up by Cummings are exclusions to those rules. Not even if the kid had breathing difficulties -  which, if it was that bad should only have necessitated a journey directly to a hospital and not a 250-mile car journey.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4207 on May 23, 2020, 04:33:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That’s not the point, they could look after the cold as is proven on the Spectator column.

Go on then, please explain what makes going to their house different to them coming to yours.

because the virus is very contiguous and why risk other people catching it, also it is not very nice young children seeing and knowing there parents are very poorly, this virus is awful and upsetting even with mild to moderate symptoms, as I said in a earlier edited post yes the best thing if possible would someone coming to collect the child

Jesus it's like swimming through treacle.

So relatives coming to your house are more at risk than they are if you go to their house?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4208 on May 23, 2020, 04:35:44 pm by bpoolrover »

Cummings chose to relocate his entire family. He did not need to do that. He could have had a friend of reltive take the child if he and his wife were incapable of looking after the bairn.

But we only have his say so that they WERE incapable of looking after the bairn.

And a neighbour in Durham is on record as saying he saw Cummings dancing with the bairn in the garden.

Which bits of that are you seeing as people playing politics with a kid's welfare?

how do you know that he did not need to? Someone says they saw him dancing around is there any proof? Maybe he was feeling better and was enjoying time with his child? Maybe when she said she was capable of looking after him she was feeling better or was recovering or any reason what so ever, we’re you there to no the timeline of everything or are you reading in a paper what you want to believe

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4209 on May 23, 2020, 04:35:49 pm by IDM »
Shapps is really struggling.. 

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4210 on May 23, 2020, 04:35:59 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Still waiting to know what you think the difference is. As in both scenarios the virus is just as contagious and there's just as much danger of spreading it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4211 on May 23, 2020, 04:38:00 pm by bpoolrover »

Jesus it's like swimming through treacle.

So relatives coming to your house are more at risk than they are if you go to their house? God is like swimming in treacle he said he actually stayed in a different building to them so yes it’s very different

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4212 on May 23, 2020, 04:38:28 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

how do you know that he did not need to? Someone says they saw him dancing around is there any proof? Maybe he was feeling better and was enjoying time with his child? Maybe when she said she was capable of looking after him she was feeling better or was recovering or any reason what so ever, we’re you there to no the timeline of everything or are you reading in a paper what you want to believe

Not content with the ignoring of the travel rules, you apparently now think the rules about self-isolation after having had the virus don't apply to Cummings as well.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4213 on May 23, 2020, 04:38:50 pm by bpoolrover »

Still waiting to know what you think the difference is. As in both scenarios the virus is just as contagious and there's just as much danger of spreading it. Not true as he stayed in a different building is it that hard to understand

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4214 on May 23, 2020, 04:39:28 pm by IDM »
So Shapps is implying due to the childcare circumstances then Cummings moving north was ok, but then says once you self isolate like that, you stay where you are.

So why is Cummings not still in Durham.?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4215 on May 23, 2020, 04:40:45 pm by bpoolrover »
Because he might be working, he might not be as I don’t no

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4216 on May 23, 2020, 04:41:59 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Still waiting to know what you think the difference is. As in both scenarios the virus is just as contagious and there's just as much danger of spreading it. Not true as he stayed in a different building is it that hard to understand

So have the relatives come to your house to pick up the bairn. hey can stay in the car. You take the bairn down the path and put him in the car.

Which bit of that doesn't work? Which bit requires Cummings to unilaterally decide that the clear and binding national rules do not apply to him?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4217 on May 23, 2020, 04:42:54 pm by bpoolrover »
Yes if that is possible that would be the best thing to do, was that possible?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4218 on May 23, 2020, 04:43:38 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So Shapps is implying due to the childcare circumstances then Cummings moving north was ok, but then says once you self isolate like that, you stay where you are.

So why is Cummings not still in Durham.?

From the BBC website:

Asked if the PM knew about Dominic Cummings' movements, Grant Shapps says: "The important thing is that everyone remains in the same place while in lockdown, which is exactly what happened, so the PM would have known he was staying put."

So "Staying put" is now defined as "relocating 260 miles"?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4219 on May 23, 2020, 04:44:01 pm by bpoolrover »

Still waiting to know what you think the difference is. As in both scenarios the virus is just as contagious and there's just as much danger of spreading it.
still waiting to see why you think it’s the same when he was in a different building?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4220 on May 23, 2020, 04:44:36 pm by IDM »
Because he might be working, he might not be as I don’t no

Which sort of political advice, can a political adviser not give to the PM via remote means.?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4221 on May 23, 2020, 04:44:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

If the welfare of the kid is paramount, I'd say that is absolutely essential.

Or, at the very minimum, if Cummings was fit to drive, he could have driven the kid to the relatives.

But no. He chose to relocate his entire family.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4222 on May 23, 2020, 04:45:17 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

So have the relatives come to your house to pick up the bairn. hey can stay in the car. You take the bairn down the path and put him in the car.

Which bit of that doesn't work? Which bit requires Cummings to unilaterally decide that the clear and binding national rules do not apply to him?

it doesn't work because the relatives can't come to your house because of the lockdown rules!! :silly:

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4223 on May 23, 2020, 04:45:58 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

still waiting to see why you think it’s the same when he was in a different building?

The kid wasn't.

Or do you really think they drove the kid 250 miles to not get childcare when they got there??

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4224 on May 23, 2020, 04:46:30 pm by IDM »
If I remember, didn’t JCB announce a few days ago that they would have to make some staff redundant.?

Well the government seem to be increasing e demand for JCBs with the digging they are doing now.

This is f**king unforgivable.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4225 on May 23, 2020, 04:46:44 pm by bpoolrover »

Or, at the very minimum, if Cummings was fit to drive, he could have driven the kid to the relatives.

he probably didn’t want to leave his poorly wife on her own

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4226 on May 23, 2020, 04:47:55 pm by IDM »
Bpool, have you read the Spectator article she wrote, the link is in this thread a few pages ago now.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4227 on May 23, 2020, 04:48:26 pm by bpoolrover »

The kid wasn't.
yoj have no idea as you don’t no the timings of when the child was seen and when they were feeling better? How is it the same people coming to your house and you going somewhere in a different building from them? I still can’t wait for your answer!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4228 on May 23, 2020, 04:49:09 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And once again, the Deputy CMO is giving her opinion on political issues. She's just effectively said it was OK for Cummings to make up his own mind what to do.

So she is now, unilaterally re-defining Govt policy.

The woman seems utterly naive about how she is being used as a human shield.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4229 on May 23, 2020, 04:49:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

he probably didn’t want to leave his poorly wife on her own

Yes, so much better to have the kid (as well as the driver!) with her in an enclosed space for several hours and then give the kid to someone else to care for. Spanking good idea, that. Still think the kid's welfare was paramount?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012