Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:15:26 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 876789 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4230 on May 23, 2020, 04:49:42 pm by IDM »
So, watching the q and a after the govt briefing today, the rules are guidelines and can be “interpreted” using common sense..

Correct me if I am wrong, but aren’t there coronavirus laws - actual laws that the police can, well, police.?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4231 on May 23, 2020, 04:51:10 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Quite. haw can police enforce fines for breaches of 'guidelines'?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4232 on May 23, 2020, 04:51:42 pm by IDM »
I’ve said this before and I’ll say it again.

They went to his mums for her birthday celebration, and got caught out.

The rest is all just twisting things to get out of it.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4233 on May 23, 2020, 04:53:10 pm by bpoolrover »
Most people would have done what he has, if it was kier Starmer I would say the same thing he did WhT was best for his family, you lot are just making it a which hunt

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4234 on May 23, 2020, 04:53:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
That’s not the point, they could look after the cold as is proven on the Spectator column.

You would have one of your relatives come to you if necessary.
what come and stay in your house?

Go on then, please explain what makes going to their house different to them coming to yours.

I can't wait for the answer to that one.
because the virus is very contiguous and why risk other people catching it, also it is not very nice young children seeing and knowing there parents are very poorly, this virus is awful and upsetting even with mild to moderate symptoms, as I said in a earlier edited post yes the best thing if possible would someone coming to collect the child

Still waiting to know what you think the difference is. As in both scenarios the virus is just as contagious and there's just as much danger of spreading it.
still waiting to see why you think it’s the same when he was in a different building?

The kid wasn't.
yoj have no idea as you don’t no the timings of when the child was seen and when they were feeling better? How is it the same people coming to your house and you going somewhere in a different building from them? I still can’t wait for your answer!

Because the contact's the same!

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4235 on May 23, 2020, 04:53:45 pm by Filo »
Total car crash of a briefing, Grant Shapps should go straight round to Cummings house, if he’s in that is, and kick his head in for that, Cummings and BJ should have been fronting up to those questions

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4236 on May 23, 2020, 04:55:19 pm by IDM »
Most people would have done what he has, if it was kier Starmer I would say the same thing he did WhT was best for his family, you lot are just making it a which hunt

Us lot.?

Do you mean forum members with their opinions, or plenty of politicians and journalists?

If Starmer or anyone else in the public domain at that level had behaved similarly, then of course he would be in deep shit too.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4237 on May 23, 2020, 04:56:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

No they wouldn't, they'd have done what the government told them to do. Which is what people have been doing. As you are so fond of saying in just about every post - 'how would you know?'. You might do what you do if you were Kier Starmer but thank feck Kier Starmer isn't you.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4238 on May 23, 2020, 04:59:23 pm by bpoolrover »

No they wouldn't, they'd have done what the government told them to do. Which is what people have been doing. As you are so fond of saying in just about every post - 'how would you know?'. You might do what you do if you were Kier Starmer but thank feck Kier Starmer isn't you.
how is being in a different building the same as relatives being in your house still can’t wait for your answer!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4239 on May 23, 2020, 05:01:29 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

how is being in a different building the same as relatives being in your house still can’t wait for your answer!

The contact with the child is the same, it isn't different at all. And that's the answer.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4240 on May 23, 2020, 05:02:22 pm by bpoolrover »

and to be honest it probably sums you up as a parent, I’ll bow out now as going round in circles with you

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4241 on May 23, 2020, 05:02:29 pm by IDM »
So, Cummings, wife and child stayed in a separate property on his parents’ farm.  Nothing said about whether the child was with them or with the grandparents.

If the former, they didn’t need childcare after all, just someone to drop off shopping - something one of their lickspittles could have done in London.

If the latter, Cummings and wide should have returned to London after dropping the child off.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4242 on May 23, 2020, 05:03:05 pm by bpoolrover »

The contact with the child is the same, it isn't different at all. And that's the answer.
what about giving it your relatives lol goodbye Glynn Stay safe

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4243 on May 23, 2020, 05:04:30 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

and to be honest it probably sums you up as a parent, I’ll bow out now as going round in circles with you

I'm not a parent.

Even so, shouldn't I have believed the lockdown rules the government told me was the best thing for my child? Or should I just have ignored any of them I didn't like?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4244 on May 23, 2020, 05:05:22 pm by IDM »
The mail on Sunday political spokesperson on bbc news saying a line had been drawn under this issue..

Jesus Christ.!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4245 on May 23, 2020, 05:05:49 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

what about giving it your relatives lol goodbye Glynn Stay safe

Giving the child to your relatives IS the contact you berk. No wonder this is going in circles!!

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4246 on May 23, 2020, 05:07:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The mail on Sunday political spokesperson on bbc news saying a line had been drawn under this issue..

Jesus Christ.!!

That's just the excuse for the MOS not to mention it ever again.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4247 on May 23, 2020, 05:14:33 pm by IDM »
The MOS guy comes across as a total bell end.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4248 on May 23, 2020, 05:14:46 pm by tommy toes »

Jesus Christ.!!

That's just the excuse for the MOS not to mention it ever again.
Just watched Dan Hodges. What a nasty piece of work. I wonder if he really believes the shite he was coming out with.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4249 on May 23, 2020, 05:21:57 pm by drfchound »
I think if anyone takes there political head off they will say he did what he needed and exactly what they would do?

No, I don’t think they would.
what would you do if you had a 4 year old and wouldn’t be able to look after him/her

I've said precisely what I'd do. Have a friend or family member come and take them for a while.

Very simple.

Didn't a report say that their child suffered with breathing difficulties.
It might be that the problem is a serious one and moving the child away from the parents or grandparents could make the condition worse through anxiety.
There is much about this that isn't common knowledge and there is a lot of guesswork.
I remember Filo telling us that he thought BJ was faking his illness.
(sorry to bring that up Filo but it is relevant to this argument)

The rules given by the government were common knowledge and involved no guesswork. It was very, very specific. And none of the various versions being put up by Cummings are exclusions to those rules. Not even if the kid had breathing difficulties -  which, if it was that bad should only have necessitated a journey directly to a hospital and not a 250-mile car journey.

We, including you, have no idea how bad the childs breathing difficulties are and therefore don't know what the best course of action would have been.
Your lack of compassion for the child (or KID as you keep writing) leads me to believe that you have never had the pleasure of parenthood.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4250 on May 23, 2020, 05:25:54 pm by tommy toes »
He's said he's not a parent as you will have seen.
Whatever the issue with the child's breathing can you not see that a 259 mile car journey would in no circumstances be the right thing to do.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4251 on May 23, 2020, 05:50:21 pm by drfchound »
He's said he's not a parent as you will have seen.
Whatever the issue with the child's breathing can you not see that a 259 mile car journey would in no circumstances be the right thing to do.

TT, when I wrote my post I hadn't seen what he had written in post 4244.
I had responded to what he had written earlier in the thread at 4.33pm. before reading through to where we are now.

You are also doing what others have done in that you are guessing what the childs condition might or might not be and also not knowing what other options they possibly had.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4252 on May 23, 2020, 05:58:21 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Cummings sister-in-law lives in London.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4253 on May 23, 2020, 06:00:28 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Hound

Do you have any recollection where you heard about Cummings' son's breathing difficulties?

I've never heard anything about that.

It's just that you seem to be building up an entire case for his defence on something you think you might have heard reported. It would make sense to establish whether that was correct.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4254 on May 23, 2020, 06:02:22 pm by Filo »
I reckon this is not going to go away, tomorrow morning politic shows wiLl be interesting

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4255 on May 23, 2020, 06:03:54 pm by tommy toes »
Hound
So you're asserting that a high ranking advisor with he ear of the PM and living in a city with 8 million people had to travel 269 miles to find help with a virus that he and his wife did or did not have (and which has little or no effect on young children)
Don't make me laugh. They're using the childcare/safeguarding issue as a smokescreen.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2020, 06:06:12 pm by tommy toes »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4256 on May 23, 2020, 06:15:07 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Here is the Govt website text on what to do if you have symptoms.

If you live with others and you or one of them have symptoms that may be caused by coronavirus (COVID-19), then household members must stay at home and not leave your house for 14 days

Correct me if I'm.wrong but I don't see any clauses there that say  ",unless you are Dominic Cummings, in which case this clearly doesn't apply to you."

The Deputy CMO addressed the issue of what to do about two parents falling ill on 10 April.

She said "Clearly if you have adults who are unable to look after a small child, that is an exceptional circumstance.

"And if the individuals do not have access to care support, formal care support, or to family, they will be able to work through their local authority hubs."

1) The Cummings' were NOT unable to look after a small child. That much is established.

2) "Access to family" in the current circumstances clearly does not mean "access to family at the other side of the country".

3) So, clearly, Cummings should have  been working through his  LA hub.

So there's the question for him. Did he? And if not, why not?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4257 on May 23, 2020, 06:19:46 pm by drfchound »
Hound
So you're asserting that a high ranking advisor with he ear of the PM and living in a city with 8 million people had to travel 269 miles to find help with a virus that he and his wife did or did not have (and which has little or no effect on young children)
Don't make me laugh. They're using the childcare/safeguarding issue as a smokescreen.

I’m not asserting anything TT because I don’t know the full circumstances.........and neither do you.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4258 on May 23, 2020, 06:28:15 pm by tommy toes »
I cannot believe the Government are standing behind Cummings on this.
Christ he must have even more clout than we thought.
They are being made to look stupid and I for one am absolutely outraged at the stance they are taking on this.
If everyone had done what Cummings has then the consequences for the spread of the infection would be off the scale.
He should go or be shoved now or this lot of charlatans in power might be recognised by more people as the hypocritic elitist bas**rds that some of us know they are already..

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4259 on May 23, 2020, 06:28:26 pm by DonnyOsmond »
We were told to stay at home, especially if you're showing symptoms. We were told if you go out and it isn't essential then you'll be fined.

Now the Tory cabinet are saying what he did was OK. If we fall back a level now and we're told to stay at home then do you think people will take the Government seriously? He should fall on his own sword otherwise it'll be seen as one rule for us and another rule for them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012