Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 01:34:31 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 871674 times)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4530 on May 25, 2020, 04:32:36 pm by IDM »
I got a lengthy, personalised and obviously thought out response from my local mp (Alicia Kearns C).  She did not say I could broadcast the email so I won’t post it here.  However, the bottom line is that she has concerns over the public perception as much as anyone, and has asked questions of the government etc..

Certainly didn’t come over as supporting Cummings.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #4531 on May 25, 2020, 04:32:43 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
I'm not in the least surprised. I'm just pointing out how his personality and MO are. He's a horrible, unpleasant, demeaning man.

reminds me of quite a few people on here thats why my logo was swopped from a yellow jersey to what it has been for months
  "Anger"
can i have £5 each way on him buying CCTv equipment.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4532 on May 25, 2020, 04:50:34 pm by selby »
 Well I like him (boom)

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #4533 on May 25, 2020, 04:52:48 pm by Copps is Magic »
Trial by media, deary me, what a shit-show, circus act.

Just have an independent investigation into his behaviour and get on with it.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4534 on May 25, 2020, 04:54:35 pm by IDM »
Trial by media, deary me, what a shit-show, circus act.

Just have an independent investigation into his behaviour and get on with it.

This media briefing and answering media questions, are voluntary for him.?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4535 on May 25, 2020, 05:05:47 pm by IDM »
The point still is that the population as a whole were not aware of the “loopholes” or exceptions to the rules.  “Stay at home” was drummed into us all.

It’s the statements by ministers since which include “interpretation” and “instinct” - words which were not plastered on the front of the lecterns were they.?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4536 on May 25, 2020, 05:08:36 pm by Ldr »
Still waiting for the Dominic Cummings that kicks dogs and beats children that I thought I would see listening to BST to turn up 😉

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4537 on May 25, 2020, 05:13:08 pm by IDM »
Did you actually think he would present himself in any other way than he has.?

The issue isn’t really about the detail or what he has done or not.

It’s more that the population as a whole, did not know there could be exceptions for the rules. 

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4538 on May 25, 2020, 05:14:51 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Finally. An hour in,a journalist asks him the screaming question about this cock and bull story of him driving to Barnard Castle to see if he was ok to drive.

Why drive to a beauty spot and tourist attraction on Easter Sunday if you are just wanting to see if you're fit to drive down the A1? Why not just drive up and down the A1 for an hour?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4539 on May 25, 2020, 05:15:18 pm by Ldr »
Not at all IDM, it's just I had a pre conceived idea of what he may be like, I've never heard him before, shows how perceptions can be shaped I guess

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4540 on May 25, 2020, 05:16:22 pm by Ldr »
Short version, did what he thought was right, been a bit of a prat

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #4541 on May 25, 2020, 05:17:13 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And no, I will not apologise to anyone.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4542 on May 25, 2020, 05:18:14 pm by Ldr »
And no, I will not apologise to anyone.

Are we 100% sure hes not a Donny lad been like that 🤣

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4543 on May 25, 2020, 05:18:53 pm by IDM »

But what he thought was right, needs to be whiter than white when he is in a position to be making the rules.. rules which others didn’t know could be interpreted in certain ways.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4544 on May 25, 2020, 05:20:11 pm by Ldr »

But what he thought was right, needs to be whiter than white when he is in a position to be making the rules.. rules which others didn’t know could be interpreted in certain ways.

As I believe I insinuated a couple of days ago

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4545 on May 25, 2020, 05:29:40 pm by Filo »
He was always going to come on with puppy dog eyes. What struck me was he can recall in detail what he did during a fortnight nearly 2 months ago, but couldn’t recall which day over this weekend the story broke, and as we know his wife is fond of creative writing as we have seen with her Spectator article

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #4546 on May 25, 2020, 05:47:53 pm by tommy toes »
His explanation over his visit to Barnard Castle is obviously a crock.
(Have you been there? It's lovely. Old stone bridge into the town lovely wide main road with a buttercross. Castle on the hill)
It was a tourist visit obviously.
Ergo why should we believe any of what he came out with.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4547 on May 25, 2020, 05:56:34 pm by selby »
 A big round for his enemies some who showed their heads above the buttress, exciting times ahead, at that level normally you have to put them away first time if not you are on a sticky wicket.
   I think we can expect a lull and he needs to get over the next couple of days, then a cull could start.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4548 on May 25, 2020, 05:58:30 pm by Filo »
Ok, 260 mile to Durham without stopping, lucky he had a tank full of fuel eh? A drive of 30 miles to see if his eyesight was ok, against DVLA rules! A little walk down the River while he was there, and then a drive back down to London stopping once for his Child to have a piss, that must be the most economical Range Rover Sport in the world

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4549 on May 25, 2020, 06:00:30 pm by Ldr »
Ok, 260 mile to Durham without stopping, lucky he had a tank full of fuel eh? A drive of 30 miles to see if his eyesight was ok, against DVLA rules! A little walk down the River while he was there, and then a drive back down to London stopping once for his Child to have a piss, that must be the most economical Range Rover Sport in the world

Point of order, he said they stopped on the way back to london to fuel up

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4550 on May 25, 2020, 06:04:35 pm by Filo »

Apologies if I missed that.

Where does all this tie in with his wife’s account published in The Spectator?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4551 on May 25, 2020, 06:28:26 pm by wilts rover »

The one where she said they were glad to be leaving their London Lockdown?

Juddy

• VSC Member
« Reply #4552 on May 25, 2020, 06:29:45 pm by Juddy »
Tossser with a triple S

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4553 on May 25, 2020, 06:30:25 pm by Filo »

The one where she said they were glad to be leaving their London Lockdown?

Yep, thats the one

Theres a strong smell of bullshit about, the fanboys will lap up Cummings fake puppy dog eyes

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4554 on May 25, 2020, 06:32:22 pm by wilts rover »
Not much to say on Cummings and his pathetic excuses really. Just one comment if you watched it:

This is the bloke who has been an integral part in leading the country's response to the covid-19 emergency. Now you know why we have one of the worst death tolls in the world.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4555 on May 25, 2020, 07:39:48 pm by drfchound »

And even then, he had been given the all clear by then to go about his business.
Anyone who puts diesel in a car would normally put on one of those latex gloves then bins it.
He might even have had his own latex gloves in the car, I do.
Pay by card, no contact with the cashier.
What is the problem.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4556 on May 25, 2020, 07:41:18 pm by drfchound »

I have an X5 40d Filo.
A full tank gives me 625 miles.
A bit better on a long run.
Admittedly it is a big fuel tank.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2020, 07:55:14 pm by drfchound »

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #4557 on May 25, 2020, 07:54:48 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I didn't see all of the briefing, only the start of it. Did anyone ask the question that struck me after Cummings gave us his timeline...all this was supposedly all about the kid's wellbeing and the trip to Durham was made on that basis because he strongly suspected he was going to start having the symptoms after his missus started having them. So what plan did he have for if he started getting the symptoms on the drive up and was in no condition to keep driving? How would that have been in the kid's best interests?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #4558 on May 25, 2020, 07:55:38 pm by Filo »

I have an X5 40d Filo.
A full tank gives me 625 miles.
Admittedly it is a big fuel tank.

I have an X3 that does 20 mpg

River Don

• Forum Member
« Reply #4559 on May 25, 2020, 07:57:16 pm by River Don »
Understandable really.

Obviously with the opticians being in lockdown the sensible way to test ones eyesight is to drive a Range Rover 30miles down the public highway to a beauty spot. It all makes sense now.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012