Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 29, 2024, 05:19:10 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 922093 times)

Ldr

• Forum Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #4980 on May 29, 2020, 02:44:56 pm by Ldr »
But the police have cleared Cummings and taken no further action so it’s the same, morally if you think Cummings should resign or be sacked so should corbyn as he has endangered people with these actions, im shocked how he can have a go at the goverment but care so little about putting peoples lives at risk, at least now we can have daily briefings on corbyn everyday🤣

The police said Cummings broke the lockdown rules. Not sure how they cleared him?

Also, you're missing the main point, Cummings is part of the government who make the rules, so should be setting an example. Corbyn is an opposition backbencher.

One was also at the height of lockdown, the other was as it's easing.

So you are agreeing with Filo that proximity to the making of rules is key to whether you follow them or not?

Neither of us are saying that, I hope you're not that stupid?

It's like rules on a forum, you'd assume a mod/administrator would uphold them and set an example. You're more likely to see members bend and break those rules. If the forum administrator was then to break a rule it'd be seen as more OK to do and more would.

I disagree, the laws / rules should apply equally to all (hence why I have called for DC to go) which is find it hypocritical the amount of you willing to lessen your condemnation of rule breakers that happen to share your political persuasion

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #4981 on May 29, 2020, 02:45:34 pm by Iberian Red »
  The baying mob, let's see in a couple of months when them with the noise are no longer about.
Those poor souls,pushing up daisies.
The demographics tell us they were the ones that voted Brexit,Boris.
Left for dead by being mislead,manipulated and lied to by the very people they put their trust/vote in.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4982 on May 29, 2020, 02:47:47 pm by bpoolrover »
But the police have cleared Cummings and taken no further action so it’s the same, morally if you think Cummings should resign or be sacked so should corbyn as he has endangered people with these actions, im shocked how he can have a go at the goverment but care so little about putting peoples lives at risk, at least now we can have daily briefings on corbyn everyday🤣

The police said Cummings broke the lockdown rules. Not sure how they cleared him?

Also, you're missing the main point, Cummings is part of the government who make the rules, so should be setting an example. Corbyn is an opposition backbencher.

One was also at the height of lockdown, the other was as it's easing. Did Cummings get fined or a caution or any punishment? And the rules have not been relaxed one bit on how close you can stand to someone

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #4983 on May 29, 2020, 02:48:03 pm by Not Now Kato »

So you are agreeing with Filo that proximity to the making of rules is key to whether you follow them or not?

It's like rules on a forum, you'd assume a mod/administrator would uphold them and set an example. You're more likely to see members bend and break those rules. If the forum administrator was then to break a rule it'd be seen as more OK to do and more would.

I disagree, the laws / rules should apply equally to all (hence why I have called for DC to go) which is find it hypocritical the amount of you willing to lessen your condemnation of rule breakers that happen to share your political persuasion

But it isn't a rule to stay 2 metres apart, it's a recommendation.  What Cummings did was to brake a rule!

Not that I'm condoning what Corbyn did, he was completely wrong and should be censured by his party.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4984 on May 29, 2020, 02:49:06 pm by Ldr »

But it isn't a rule to stay 2 metres apart, it's a recommendation.  What Cummings did was to brake a rule!

Not that I'm condoning what Corbyn did, he was completely wrong and should be censured by his party.

Appreciated NNK but I have raised Stephen Kinnock prior and got a similar response

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4985 on May 29, 2020, 02:50:05 pm by IDM »
Thats a good analogy DO.

For the purposes of argument, if Corbyn was a member of the shadow cabinet, or if he serves on committees which have a relevance to health care etc, then there would be a case to ask him to step down, as he hadn’t set a proper example.

The other concern is how Corbyn reacts now.  If he doesn’t give an explanation and an apology, and comes up with some cock and bull story about his eyes or something similar, then yes he would warrant further criticism.

Another analogy, if a professional driver or a traffic cop gets a few points for speeding when off duty, they could potentially lose their job.  The rest of us might just have to pay a few more quid on our car insurance premiums.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4986 on May 29, 2020, 02:50:27 pm by bpoolrover »
Let’s all stand next to each other then if it’s not a rule,why not just say he should be fined and resign from the Labour Party, he could have given the guy he spoke to the virus who then goes home and gives it his family it is nothing short of reckless

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4987 on May 29, 2020, 02:52:44 pm by Ldr »
Thats a good analogy DO.

For the purposes of argument, if Corbyn was a member of the shadow cabinet, or if he serves on committees which have a relevance to health care etc, then there would be a case to ask him to step down, as he hadn’t set a proper example.

The other concern is how Corbyn reacts now.  If he doesn’t give an explanation and an apology, and comes up with some cock and bull story about his eyes or something similar, then yes he would warrant further criticism.

Another analogy, if a professional driver or a traffic cop gets a few points for speeding when off duty, they could potentially lose their job.  The rest of us might just have to pay a few more quid on our car insurance premiums.

It's as simple as DC breaks rules = pariah

Stephen Kinnock / Mr Ali, / JC breaks rules = that's alright, he didnt make them. I'll say he  broke them but that will be that.

Hypocrisy in action. Rules apply to all equally.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4988 on May 29, 2020, 02:53:08 pm by bpoolrover »
If the police take no action I can go stand next to whoever I want and say well it’s ok for corbyn to do

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4989 on May 29, 2020, 02:53:11 pm by IDM »
Bpool..

Has anyone on here actually said Corbyn wasn’t in the wrong.?

He is, and he should face censure appropriately.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4990 on May 29, 2020, 02:54:12 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Thats a good analogy DO.

I had to stand closer as my eyes were bad and I couldn't read his t-shirt.  :lol:

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4991 on May 29, 2020, 02:54:30 pm by Ldr »
Bpool..

So we can expect 10 pages of baying mob mentality on here and repeated questions from kuenssberg, Preston et al?

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4992 on May 29, 2020, 02:55:35 pm by IDM »
Thats a good analogy DO.

Stephen Kinnock / Mr Ali, / JC breaks rules = that's alright, he didnt make them. I'll say he  broke them but that will be that.

Not at all..

Person breaks the rules - not good.

Rule maker breaks rules - not good too, but worse.

It really is that simple.  Corbyn was wrong, but Cummings was more wrong.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4993 on May 29, 2020, 02:55:55 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Let’s all stand next to each other then if it’s not a rule,why not just say he should be fined and resign from the Labour Party, he could have given the guy he spoke to the virus who then goes home and gives it his family it is nothing short of reckless

I mean it's reccomended that we don't but you do you. Just don't stand near me please.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #4994 on May 29, 2020, 02:56:26 pm by Ldr »
Thats a good analogy DO.

Not at all..

Person breaks the rules - not good.

Rule maker breaks rules - not good too, but worse.

It really is that simple.  Corbyn was wrong, but Cummings was more wrong.

So there is a sliding scale in your mind, thanks

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4995 on May 29, 2020, 02:56:52 pm by IDM »
Bpool..

So we can expect 10 pages of baying mob mentality on here and repeated questions from kuenssberg, Preston et al?

If Corbyn makes up some BS about what he did and why and doesn’t admit he was wrong, then yes I would expect more comment raised against him.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #4996 on May 29, 2020, 02:57:24 pm by Jonathan »
I’ve seen the photos of Corbyn. The one with the member of the public doesn’t seem abundantly clear whether the other person stepped inside his distance. Corbyn hardly looks comfortable. The photo with the family looks like a clear breach of the guidance to me. If that was taken during the lockdown period and they live in separate houses then Corbyn ought to issue a full and frank apology, admit that it’s the wrong example to send out and make it clear to the many people that look up to him that they should not follow this example. If I were him I would also make a charitable donation alongside the apology.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4997 on May 29, 2020, 02:59:16 pm by bpoolrover »
Bpool..

what do you think that censure should be, nothing short of what people expect of Cummings surley as Cummings at least didn’t stand next to anyone and put lives at risk

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #4998 on May 29, 2020, 02:59:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bpool..

90 odd Tory MP's, The Daily Mail and Nigel Farage did for Cummings. So the equivalent mob would be 50 Labour MP's, The Guardian and Caroline Lucas.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4999 on May 29, 2020, 03:00:12 pm by bpoolrover »
I’ve seen the photos of Corbyn. The one with the member of the public doesn’t seem abundantly clear whether the other person stepped inside his distance. Corbyn hardly looks comfortable. The photo with the family looks like a clear breach of the guidance to me. If that was taken during the lockdown period and they live in separate houses then Corbyn ought to issue a full and frank apology, admit that it’s the wrong example to send out and make it clear to the many people that look up to him that they should not follow this example. If I were him I would also make a charitable donation alongside the apology.
if Cummings says sorry and makes a charitable donation should he be left alone?

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #5000 on May 29, 2020, 03:01:05 pm by Ldr »
Bpool..

90 odd Tory MP's, The Daily Mail and Nigel Farage did for Cummings. So the equivalent mob would be 50 Labour MP's, The Guardian and Caroline Lucas.

Oh that makes it ok then, posters on here should be excused their hypocrisy

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #5001 on May 29, 2020, 03:03:30 pm by Jonathan »

If he’d done exactly as I outline above then I think it would’ve gone a long way towards diffusing the situation. But he hasn’t. The instinct was to pretend it didn’t happen and then pretend it was okay.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5002 on May 29, 2020, 03:03:41 pm by bpoolrover »
In all seriousness I don’t think he should be fined or resign but as ldr says there is 10 pages on Cummings people disgusted what he did yet some of the same people not being the same with corbyn, that shows how political it is

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5003 on May 29, 2020, 03:04:43 pm by bpoolrover »

If he’d done exactly as I outline above then I think it would’ve gone a long way towards diffusing the situation. But he hasn’t. The instinct was to pretend it didn’t happen and then pretend it was okay.
to be fair to you Jonathon you seem a fair poster and believe you would but many are just political and it would have made no difference if he had said sorry

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #5004 on May 29, 2020, 03:06:29 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Bpool..

Merci x

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #5005 on May 29, 2020, 03:08:31 pm by Ldr »
Bpool..

Merci x

I love you all really (well most of ya)

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member
« Reply #5006 on May 29, 2020, 03:14:51 pm by Not Now Kato »
Bpool..

what do you think that censure should be, nothing short of what people expect of Cummings surley as Cummings at least didn’t stand next to anyone and put lives at risk
[/b][/i]

bpool.  Are you being serious?  Or are you Trolling for the fun of it?  Genuine questions.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5007 on May 29, 2020, 03:17:37 pm by bpoolrover »
A little bit of both, he has done wrong he has put people in danger by breaking social distancing and anyone who thinks Cummings should be sacked should feel the same way of corbyn unless it’s political, but my view is he has made a mistake and should stay in his job, I made the points as that’s what people baying for Cummings blood have being doing all week

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #5008 on May 29, 2020, 03:22:30 pm by IDM »
Bpool..

Right, here we go again..

I am not a professional driver.  Let’s say a professional driver and I both get penalised for the same driving offences - we get the same points and the same fines as each other (that’s the equivalent of your point) BUT the professional driver probably loses his job too, but I don’t - that’s why Cummings should suffer a worst outcome than Corbyn.

To answer Ldr’s point, yes, that does mean there should be a sliding scale - and Corbyn being an MP may suffer more serious consequences than a member of the public.  Cummings however being a significant figure in the government is even worse.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 03:26:37 pm by IDM »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #5009 on May 29, 2020, 03:24:01 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Selby, depressingly, shows what a job Cummings and Johnson have done on the working class.

They have produced a Pavlovian reaction, encouraging them to berate The Islington Elite.

Have a guess where the private school educated, Oxford graduate, Dominic Cummings lives. That is, when he's not staying in the spare house on Daddy's farm.

Go on. Have a guess.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012