Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:05:52 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Coronavirus  (Read 860282 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Coronavirus
« Reply #6300 on August 13, 2020, 04:06:56 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That's good for clarity MM, but it doesn't change the fact that those people died. And that we have by some way the worst record for excess deaths from March-July of any country in Europe.

Whichever way you divvy up the numbers, we managed the first wave of the virus very badly. That's not really up for discussion. It's a baked in fact, unfortunately.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6301 on August 13, 2020, 04:17:47 pm by Metalmicky »
That's good for clarity MM, but it doesn't change the fact that those people died. And that we have by some way the worst record for excess deaths from March-July of any country in Europe.

Whichever way you divvy up the numbers, we managed the first wave of the virus very badly. That's not really up for discussion. It's a baked in fact, unfortunately.

I knew you would see the positive side Billy....

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #6302 on August 13, 2020, 04:54:53 pm by Donnywolf »
They may well be revising it back UP if the latest reports ever come to be proven

It is rumoured yet again that the Virus was had reared its head long long before the first deaths were confirmed

Anecdotally even on here there were people who were reporting after the Virus took hold that they had been smitten with strange illnesses and (in hindsight of course) that they had the symptoms of no smell no taste hacking cough etc

All the deaths in that period would be fair game statistically probably but perhaps we will never know

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6303 on August 13, 2020, 07:09:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

I knew you would see the positive side Billy....

You've lost me.

Those people DID actually die. We DID actually have the most excess deaths in Europe in the first wave.

You want me to strip off and run into the sea cheering because they now officially didn't die of COVID?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6304 on August 13, 2020, 07:45:03 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Well it looks like its the 18-24s that need to hide away  and get us old buggers to work even longer

https://news.sky.com/story/coronavirus-more-than-three-million-people-in-england-have-had-covid-19-antibody-study-suggests-12048413

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #6305 on August 13, 2020, 09:14:25 pm by Metalmicky »
I'm not surprised that your lost - a large reduction in the numbers who are deemed to have died because of this terrible virus doesn't meet with your manifesto of doom.  Nobody declared it a celebration Billy, just a little better figure wise - surely that news has some positivity.....even to you?

Best keep yer knickers on though...

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6306 on August 13, 2020, 10:21:16 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Go fish somewhere else MM. I clearly said it was good to get clarity. You need to have a look at yourself if you're trying to score points or wind folk up on a topic like this. Beyond pathetic.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6307 on August 13, 2020, 11:19:39 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So family S-T has been caught up in the quarantine issue. We've come to Italy to see my wife's grandmother for possibly the last time, and, with my wife being next of kin, to deal with a pile of admin connected with selling her house, as well as the house clearing. We chose to drive over as we reckoned that was safer than flying, but with the quarantine list now including France, Belgium and Holland,there's no way of getting back that avoids us having to do 14 days home quarantine when we get back.

Hey-ho. Chance you take. No arguments from me.

It's struck me that we in the UK are currently managing things quite well. The new outbreaks in Spain, France, Belgium and Netherlands are looking quite bad and at the side of them, we are doing pretty well. Not as well as places like here in Italy where they have screwed the numbers down and are keeping them down, but on a par with places like Germany for example. Here's hoping we continue to keep a lid on it. I'll be doing my little bit while climbing the walls at home for the last two weeks of August.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #6308 on August 14, 2020, 11:21:27 am by Ldr »
Stay safe fella

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6309 on August 14, 2020, 12:28:34 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Thanks Ldr but no need. I'm currently in a place that is safer than anywhere in England. And then we'll drive back without staying anywhere where there are infection levels anywhere near as high as South Yorks. The only concern is if we get the same Leeds supporter bell ends on the North Sea Ferry, pissed as arseholes and stumbling into everyone.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6310 on August 14, 2020, 12:42:30 pm by SydneyRover »
Hi BST We love Italy, wish you were there under better circumstances Syd.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6311 on August 14, 2020, 08:49:11 pm by Nudga »
Thanks Ldr but no need. I'm currently in a place that is safer than anywhere in England. And then we'll drive back without staying anywhere where there are infection levels anywhere near as high as South Yorks. The only concern is if we get the same Leeds supporter bell ends on the North Sea Ferry, pissed as arseholes and stumbling into everyone.

You make it sound like this virus has laid waste to these shores.
925 people are/were in hospital as of the 12th August in the UK.
Are you 77th Brigade?

Roughly 450 people are dieing of a cancer a day due to the country stopping everything for this poxy virus. Millions in backlog yet our hospitals have been empty for months.
Cases ard rising because more tests are being carried out, yet they still haven't isolated covid 19 so are getting positives for coronavirus'.
Fatalities are well down, people in ICU are well down, hospital cases are not rising, they are decreasing, which means that the virus isn't as virulent or we've reached herd immunity, or both.

Edit, forgot to mention child suicides up by 48% post lockdown, child safeguarding issues up 250% since lockdown.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2020, 09:56:33 pm by Nudga »

auckleyflyer

• Forum Member
« Reply #6312 on August 14, 2020, 09:16:43 pm by auckleyflyer »
Well, we're in Portugal at the moment day 3 of a 14day stay. Booked last year and staying in her dad's house so no resort. Thought that the quarantine would be gone for Portugal by now and still hopefully will be in next ten days.
They have less than 2k deaths in total and although a spike in Lisbon its a relative spike and nothing to even warrant a local lockdown in the UK.
We came from Cornwall which has been the safest place in the UK until the last few weeks since we were inundated.
Feel far safer here in sleepy Tavira than in even Cornwall. As iv worked through lockdown I just booked 4 weeks off anyway.
For me Portugals lockdown is Down to the fact we don't have any automotive ties and is purely political.

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #6313 on August 14, 2020, 09:50:34 pm by foxbat »

TEST AND TRACE LATEST

Centralised system abandoned

App abandoned

Number of people tested hidden because so low

Millions spaffed on incompetent private firms

750,000 test kits withdrawn

1.3m tests double-counted

CONCLUSION:  World-beating

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6314 on August 14, 2020, 10:18:01 pm by wilts rover »
Billy

They have just done a segment on Channel 4 News on the rules. Providing you don't get out of the car in France/Belgium/Holland you wont need to home quarantine for 14 days.

Hope thats useful to you (or things dont change before you leave)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6315 on August 14, 2020, 10:21:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Billy

They have just done a segment on Channel 4 News on the rules. Providing you don't get out of the car in France/Belgium/Holland you wont need to home quarantine for 14 days.

That's interesting Wilts. Thanks for the info. We could actually do that, but surely anyone who is coming back on a ferry from France, Belgium or Netherlands will be classed as having been there?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6316 on August 14, 2020, 10:30:17 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

You make it sound like this virus has laid waste to these shores.
925 people are/were in hospital as of the 12th August in the UK.
Are you 77th Brigade?

Roughly 450 people are dieing of a cancer a day due to the country stopping everything for this poxy virus. Millions in backlog yet our hospitals have been empty for months.
Cases ard rising because more tests are being carried out, yet they still haven't isolated covid 19 so are getting positives for coronavirus'.
Fatalities are well down, people in ICU are well down, hospital cases are not rising, they are decreasing, which means that the virus isn't as virulent or we've reached herd immunity, or both.

Edit, forgot to mention child suicides up by 48% post lockdown, child safeguarding issues up 250% since lockdown.
Nudga

I'd love to live in your world where 70,000 excess deaths and getting on for £0.5trn of lost economic output isn't "laying waste".

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6317 on August 14, 2020, 10:34:12 pm by Nudga »
We've been under excess, deaths for 7 weeks, let's see how that pans out at year end.

Have we "flattened curve"?
Have we "protected the NHS"?

Where's the R number nowadays? All forgotten.
Where's the daily death figures? Nah, not high enough anymore so we look for cases now, that's more sexy.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #6318 on August 14, 2020, 11:00:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Nudga.

The R number is just under 1.

We are still having something over 1000 new cases a day and something like the equivalent of three or four Hillsborough disasters of deaths a week.

Take your eye off it and this virus will rip through the population again like shit through a goose, as it has done all over the world where countries and states have got complacent.

I fear for you mate. If you don't look at these facts and realise you are wrong, dangerously wrong, I truly fear for you.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6319 on August 15, 2020, 08:09:58 am by drfchound »
Billy

But how would anyone know whether people had got out of the car in those countries?
I remember a lot of fuss being made when someone else drove back from up North and said he hadn’t got out of the car and plenty of people didn’t believe him.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #6320 on August 15, 2020, 08:31:19 am by Nudga »
A virus sooooo deadly they now have to go door to door looking for it.
ONS now bribing people to get a four week test done, £50 for the first week, £25 a week for the remainder of the test.

f**kin desperate to keep the fear going.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6321 on August 15, 2020, 09:00:03 am by Bentley Bullet »
Of course, we have to keep an eye on the virus and lockdown when necessary, but at present, there are more deaths from flu in the UK.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/summer-flu-is-now-more-deadly-than-covid
« Last Edit: August 15, 2020, 09:05:12 am by Bentley Bullet »

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6322 on August 15, 2020, 09:09:27 am by SydneyRover »
A virus sooooo deadly they now have to go door to door looking for it.
ONS now bribing people to get a four week test done, £50 for the first week, £25 a week for the remainder of the test.

f**kin desperate to keep the fear going.

The virus is deadly Nudga, in Oz the powers that be thought they had it beat and didn't learn from other countries or even other states within Oz, around 80 a week are dying because they didn't have an aged care facility plan and the latest lock down is costing billions.

But it's not just those that heve died many of those that get it will suffer for years.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6323 on August 15, 2020, 09:32:50 am by ravenrover »
Billy

But how would anyone know whether people had got out of the car in those countries?
I remember a lot of fuss being made when someone else drove back from up North and said he hadn’t got out of the car and plenty of people didn’t believe him.
And who are this army of people checking up on those in quarantine? From reports in various media it seems that you are being trusted to quarantine for 14 days no checks

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6324 on August 15, 2020, 09:39:03 am by Bentley Bullet »
The public has to have some responsibility for their own actions. Besides, surely there would be questions asked by employers/workmates if someone, for instance, returned to work immediately after a holiday from one of the countries listed for quarantine on return?

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #6325 on August 15, 2020, 11:12:53 am by selby »
  It is not that long ago Syd you were rubishing our response compared with Australia.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6326 on August 15, 2020, 11:17:28 am by idler »
It's alright for you lot we've got at least another week of lockdown here.🙁

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6327 on August 15, 2020, 11:27:08 am by SydneyRover »
  It is not that long ago Syd you were rubishing our response compared with Australia.

Don't worry sellby I'm still rubbishing the response from your mates

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6328 on August 15, 2020, 11:44:09 am by SydneyRover »
by the way selby the responces by each country are not mutually exclusive, I have taken issue with the government responce in Oz in Oz on many occasions but I don't bang on about too much here about Oz as I don't think it's of interest to many. I have also refrained from turning into a contest between countries as the subject is far to serious.

Janso

• Forum Member
« Reply #6329 on August 15, 2020, 12:37:03 pm by Janso »
I don't really understand the comparison with the likes of cancer and stroke etc.

Last I heard, cancer wasn't an infectious and insidious virus.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012